Other General Household Cleaners:
Lysol

Pros

Cons

A must-have household staple

Lysol Disinfecting Spray is another great product that is a must have in your home or office. It's the only disinfecting spray you need.

I keep this Lysol Disinfectant Spray around...Read complete review

I keep this Lysol Disinfectant Spray around my home and at work.

Lysol Disinfectant Spray kills germs, viruses, bacteria, mold & mildew and eliminates odors.

We use it regularly, we use it when the trash cans smell (inside or outside trash cans), we use it on doorknobs, drawer handles, phones, keyboards, toilet seats, light switches, etc. We also just spray it into the air sometimes when someone is sick.

The wipes are great too!

Most of the scents are not overpowering, but I have come across one occasionally that I didn't care for.

LYSOL Disinfectant Spray is available in 7 scents: Crisp Linen, Spring Waterfall, Early Morning Breeze, Citrus Meadows, Vanilla & Blossoms, Summer Breeze, Jasmine & Rain.

Actually Kills Odors

Lysol has been the only air-freshener I've encountered that actually kills - not masks - odors. If you have a room that stinks terribly, just spray some of this and let it do it's job. It's perfect for bathrooms, because it doesn't 'mix' with the odors that are already in there, and does fade after a while. Compared to Febreeze, which is overpriced and 'covers-up' stench, Lysol actually gets right down to it. It's great for spraying on things you can't really run through the washing machine, like a sofa, and I have used it many times before on bedspreads, curtains, pillows, sofas, and they smell perfectly fine several hours later.

Unfortunately, Lysol has a horrible, acrid smell to it. It has harsh chemical undertones, and is very, very strong. Yet thankfully, it doesn't linger. But compared to the fact it actually lives up to what it advertises, I'd take the scent anyday. I just wish they had a fragrance-free bottle, though.

If you haven't bought it, then you should!

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Spray:

If you have never tried Lysol Disinfectant Spray, you really should consider it. I have two children, a husband who might as well be a child sometimes, two dogs, and a cat so being able to disinfect things is a must! This is a cheap product that you can find at any store and it works great! The smell isn't great, but it isn't bad either. Having Lysol Disinfectant Spray around is a life saver when your children get sick. It helps them to get better a lot faster if you can disinfect everything in the house the whole time they are sick. It also helps to keep viruses from spreading and infecting other people in your home if you use Lysol Disinfectant Spray often.

Lysol Disinfectant spray is great if you have children and animals. It is also great to have around if anyone gets sick. I even spray my money with it from time to time, after all, you just never know where your money has been.

It works! It has to work...it's been around forever!!

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Spray:

I am in my middle 50's and I don't think I can remember a time when Lysol Spray Disinfectant wasn't in my bathroom cupboard. It has always been that product that does more than scent the air, but also disinfect by killing germs that are airborne and also on surfaces. I have used it to spray counters, showers, toilets, phone handsets (does everyone remember them??), door knobs, and drawer pulls. There is nothing worse than trying to keep colds and flu from spreading to others in the house when one gets sick, but Lysol Spray Disinfectant does make that chore a little easier.

In today's health conscious world, there are a million different disinfectants and anti-bacterial products on the market. My theory is that Lysol has been on the market longer than most, and it wouldn't still be on the market if it wasn't successful in its purpose.

I recommend Lysol Spray Disinfectant to help keep your home and loved ones free of unwanted germs.

Can't scientifically say that it works, but I do know that when I am adamant about using it to clean the air and surfaces, colds and flu seem to be less aggressive in their transmission.

OK, the original Lysol scent was never my favorite. Today Lysol has a number of different scents to choose from. My favorite? Crisp Linen is my first choice, and Vanilla Blossoms is my second choice.

I always have this in my bathroom.

from Ohio

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Spray:

I give this product a 10, I love it and always have a can sitting on my bathroom counter. Having children and pets tends to be a little messy, and sometimes smelly. This product works really well for an air freshener or a cleaner/ sanitizer. One of the things I like to use this spray for is the bathtub and the toilet. Since those places usually collect the most bacteria and mold, I like to spray this on there to keep it fresh and clean. I have noticed it also cuts down on the soap scum collection around the bottom parts of the shower. My only complaint with this product is that when the can gets so low, the top part of the can has trouble spraying it out. I usually have to throw the can away when clearly there's still 5-6 uses in it. Other than that I have only good things to say about my Lysol disinfectant spray.

The performance itself is great, my bathroom stays smelling fresh when I spray this. And it also keeps the mold and soap scum away.

The scent is very fresh and clean smelling. Love it!

Best in class

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Spray:

Lysol disinfectant spray has a horrible scent, but I still rate it a ten because it is number one at doing its job of killing bacteria and germs. It is so easy to use; you just spray and the germs are dead. It can be used on any surface and is perfect for the flu season, especially in high traffic areas such as in the office. Just spray it on highly touched items such as remotes, doorknobs, telephones and handles. I also love this spray because it can be used on cloth furniture. There really is no way to clean cushions on chairs, but you can kill all the germs living there with a simple spray of Lysol. I also love it because it can kill germs in the air also. Eliminating odors is another awesome trait of Lysol. I like to use it in trash cans where the smell can make you sick because you just know there are so many germs growing inside. It is even useful as a cleaner in a pinch if you spray some and wipe up with a paper towel or cloth. This is a must have for every office and home.

An Easy Way To Disinfect the Home

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Spray:

Lysol Disinfectant Spray is the easiest way to disinfect surfaces in your home. It kills 99.9% of viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew. It is the quickest way to disinfect surfaces that are touched by others to prevent the spread of illnesses like the cold or flu viruses.

Lysol works very well to keep household surfaces sanitized especially when someone in the house is ill with a contagious virus. It is so easy to just spray it wherever you need to kill germs or mold and mildew. I would highly recommend this product to families with young kids and to anyone that wants to minimize germs spread in their home.

Lysol Disinfecting Spray has a nice, fresh scent. The scent is somewhat on the strong side but not too bad. It also comes in many different scents including; Fresh Linen, Lemon Breeze, Vanilla and Blossoms, Citrus Meadows, Summer Breeze, For Baby's Room, Crisp Mountain Air, Early Morning Breeze, Spring Waterfall and Jasmine and Rain. There is surely a scent that will appeal to most people.

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Spray:

Lysol as a brand is right up there with my favorite disinfectants and antibacterials - but why isn't it possible to have a nicely fragranced product?

Lysol makes it so easy to clean. I have two sons, neither of which are inherently clean or germ free. I encourage them to wash their hands frequently but I know viruses are so easy to pass on. This is where the power of Lysol is most valuable. With one quick spray, you can kill 99.9% of bacteria, viruses and mold spores. That power, is not to be sneezed at! You don't have to wipe down with a paper towel either, in fact it is better to let surfaces air dry. What could be easier than that?

Having been so complimentary, I must sadly inform you that this stuff smells nasty. It has no pleasant fragrance whatsoever and for this reason I can only award an overall rating of 9 even though it is the most powerful cleaning agent on the planet. If I had to lose fragrance or cleaning power, I can tolerate the fumes but I can't pass up on the disinfecting ability.

Smells awful.

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Spray:

I am definitely not a fan of Lysol Disinfecting Spray. It smells so strong and so terrible, I can't be around if anyone has used it. My husband sometimes uses it to spray on trash cans and that sort of thing, and I can't even be in the house. The actual scent isn't so bad, but it feels like it fills up the entire house. It makes me cough and sneeze, and it's just not worth it.

I don't generally like disinfectants for everyday use. I feel like plain old soap and water will do the trick, and I really don't like spraying something on a countertop or wherever and then just leaving it. It gets sticky, and the smell will knock you down if you over spray even a little bit. And really, I don't need a disinfectant. Normal household messes (except for maybe some food spills) are not bad enough to require such a strong cleaner.

Obviously, for me, this is the worst part about Lysol. It can't be good to breathe in those fumes.

Good at Killing Germs, Bad for Your Lungs

from MI

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Spray:

I have had a can of Lysol Disinfectant spray in my cleaning arsenal for as long as I can remember. We always had a can of it around in our college dorm, because it seemed like someone was always sick and the area was super small. We would spray it on our telephone, door knobs, in the bathroom on the toilets and sink - basically everywhere the germs might be. I have continued to buy this product ever since, but lately I have been more and more sensitive to the strong-ness of it. It does really give you the overall feeling that it is REALLY killing the germs and basically anything it is coming in contact with, BUT, on that same note, it also seems really bad if you are breathing it in. I think the smell is really strong and I always feel like it gives me a headache if I spray it in a confined area. I like to spray my toilets with it, but then it does take a really long time to dry. I have been replacing this product more and more often with standard Lysol or Clorox brand wipes - I feel like the wipes have the same cleaning effect without being so toxic in the air.

I love Lysol Spray!

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Spray:

Lysol is a household name in our home. I have used Lysol Spray since I first left home and began to keep my own house. It used to smell very strong and somewhat offensive, but you always knew things were CLEAN when you used it. Now the product has undergone some very good changes and the smell is truly wonderful! I prefer it to many of the other flowery sprays you find. The scent is unique and without doubt CLEAN smelling. It still gives no doubt that it is killing germs and leaves surfaces much fresher than when they started. the fact that it disinfects, makes the spray that much more desirable. I always keep a can in the house and use it for freshening up sofa pillows and especially to spray inside the kitchen garbage can between every third or fourth trash removal. I am loyal to this brand because of it's proven track record and longevity in the market. I highly recommend Lysol Spray to anyone wanting to make sure surfaces are not only disinfected, but smell that way too.

The best for disinfecting!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Lysol Disinfectant Spray:

There is really no other company I trust for disinfecting my home more than I trust Lysol. Lysol has been the spray that I purchase for this purpose ever since I have lived on my own. My mother also has always used this company's product and that is where I learned it from. I use Lysol for so many different purposes. I spray it in the toilets, around the toilets, in and around trashcans, and anywhere I think needs disinfecting. I can honestly say it is my favorite product to use when it comes to cleaning. I never have to worry about germs when I have Lysol's disinfecting spray. I do mind paying any price for a can because it lasts a long time and always lives up to its name. I have a messy daughter and I hate having to worry about her getting sick from nasty germs, so I always use Lysol to keep the germs at bay. I would definitely recommend this product for any reason. It is the best for disinfecting just about anything!