Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System

Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System

Pros

Cons

The Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System is perfect for kids!

I've mentioned before in my posts that I love to try new products.  This is one of those products that I knew I would love before I even bought it.  I'm slightly germaphobic and knew a product like this would help to keep that phobia slightly at bay.

I purchased this product and immediately wanted to open it and have the family try it out.  I do have to say that opening up the packaging was a pain and next to impossible.  I finally surrendered it to my husband who actually used a knife (scissors weren't even cutting it - literally) and finally got it open.

We set one up in the bathroom and one in the kitchen and of course took turns trying them out (although not too much as we didn't want to waste the soap).  There is a little bit of an art to using it as it works on a sensor so you have to leave your hand under the sensor for a few seconds before the soap spits out.  It took my 3 year old son a few tries to figure this out as he would wave his hand underneath it, only to move it away in frustration and have the soap squirt out onto the sink below.  Once we showed him to leave his hand there for just a few seconds longer, he loved the thing.

I love having it in the kitchen as I'm prepping raw meat as I get extremely paranoid about salmonella and other diseases so I'm constantly washing my hands and trying to find ways to turn on the water and squirt soap without using my hands.  It seems to dispense a perfect amount of soap to get just the right amount of suds and the smell of the soap is pleasant but not overpowering.

The one thing I don't like about this is that you can't refill it with your own soap.  Because of how it is designed, you must buy the Lysol refills which are slightly expensive and only available in a limited variety (I've only seen 3 different scents).  I understand that Lysol wants to make money on the item but I would at least like to see them offer more scents and possibly hypoallergenic varieties as well.  I also worry a bit about the waste in throwing away another plastic bottle unneccessarily.

Overall I'd give this item two thumbs up and have actually bought this for all the members of my family!  It's really priced affordably and has become a neccessary part of our household items.

It works great after a few minor adjustments.

So this is what I did. Due to hard economic time these days I took out my Swiss Army Knife and carved a small hole on top of the soap container, and refilled it with my very own favorite lilac scented soap that is gentle for women and strong enough for a man, thanks to my analytical wife's brain. Oh, PS don't forget to cover the hole with tape and making it air tight. We tried it and voila!!! it works just dandy. Good luck to all of you with this Project. Hey, you can now save on the refills.

Great concept

Comments about Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System:

In theory, this is a great product. I love the idea because I absolutely have a germ-a-phobia. Lysol has an advantage on the market, because they are the only one to market a product for the general public that is a hands-free soap dispenser. The only problem is that it is a little expensive. The refills are specific to the dispenser and cannot be refilled with any kind of soap. This really limits the choices of soap available for the dispensers and makes the cost go up. There are also only three kinds of scents to choose from. It also runs out of batteries pretty quickly if you have multiple people using it many times per day. It also seems that there is always some soap left in the packets that will not dispense at the end of the refills. The soap is antibacterial which is a plus and makes it a good choice. Sometimes when you try to get soap you have to wave your hand a little bit to trigger the motion sensor.

Lysol soap system works very well

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System:

I bought this to use in my kitchen. It worked well, but not in the kitchen. I placed this in front of the portion of the sink used to dry dishes. I found that I would put silverware away to dry and the sensor on the soap dispenser would go off and cause soap to run on my clean dishes. I moved this to the bathroom and it works great. I like that it gives you just enough soap to clean your hands well and also helps with controlling germs. I have two small daughters and they seem to get sick a lot from school and daycare. I try to do the best I can with controlling germs at home and this soap works really well. I have one of these dispensers in each bathroom.

This products works really well to control germs and teach basic hand washing skills to my young daughters. It is very easy to refill and seems to last a long time. It is very inexpensive and a quality product from Lysol.

I like being able to change scents with the refills. I have liked all of the scents that are available.

No-Touch Hand Soap System, Not Worth the Hassle

from Portland, OR

Comments about Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System:

I would not recommend the Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System. Let me tell you why. I tried this product because I had some coupons and it worked out to be a free item at Rite Aid because of sales and coupons. So being the coupon queen I was at that time I got two of these Hand Soap Systems.

We used both of them but there was no way I was going to buy the replacements as they weren't cost effective. The dispenser is fine but it would sometimes go off when someone walked by the sink, which is a waste of soap and a waste of money.

They are convenient in that you can wash your hands without having to pick up, and dirty, a soap bottle. This is especially sanitary when you are working with raw meat products.

So, in conclusion, if you want a cool product and are not concerned with things like cost effectiveness, I would say go ahead and try Lysol's No-Touch Hand Soap System. If you aren't into trendy hand soap dispensers I would say, it's not worth the hassle.

Germ free Lysol soap system!

from Ottawa Illinois

Comments about Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System:

This is an effective soap dispenser system that does let you wash your hands without touching the dispenser and lessens the risk of spreading germs! This is great during the winter when colds and flu are going around and no one wants to touch a germy bar of soap if some one is sick in the house.

The effectiveness is great as your hands don't have to touch the dispenser to get the soap out to wash your hands. Less touching makes it possible to get clean and be germ free, as most germs are spread by touch. All you do it wet your hands, place them under the nozzle, then the battery operated dispenser senses your hands are under the nozzle, and it gives you a spot of soap with out having to touch the handle. It gives just the right amount to wash your hands fully for at least two to three minutes of scrubbing the hands and between the fingers with a good froth of soap. The only draw back is some times it does have a bit of soap that may drip from the nozzle, but other than that it works great! No more using a bar of soap that the whole family may have used in the shower!

The Lysol soap does come in different scents and colors for the bathroom. It's not over powering and doesn't linger or clash with other scents or perfumes you may be wearing.

Awesome

Comments about Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System:

I absulotely love the idea of this product. They are great for the bathroom and it is amazing how well it works. Once you wave your hand under the faucet, soap dispenses. You don't have to touch it with your grubby paws at all! Love it! The scents are pretty refreshing however it kind of makes me think of cleaner. I wash my hands a lot which can obviously make your hands prone to drying out. This product really dried me out and pretty fast. I think they need to add more moisturizer to it somehow. If that were to happen this would be the perfect product for me. I can not remember how much I paid for mine but I do know that I printed some rebate coupons online when I purchased it.

This products works extremely well for cleanliness but I believe it dries your hands fairly quick. I do like it and love the pump. I just wish they offered more moisturizer in the product.

The scents to me smell a little like cleaner. Maybe it's just that good old fashioned Lysol scent.

Soap is great..Dispenser is okay.

Comments about Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System:

The Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System is much ado about nothing. I am a big proponent of hand washing. I firmly believe that my frequent hand washing keeps me healthy. I just feel that the "no-touch" dispenser is just an unnecessary expense.

I was given one of these as a gift. I set it up and started using it until the batteries ran out. I really have no interest in refilling it again. I like to get different handsoaps.

The reason I feel the "no-touch" dispenser is unnecessary is because, sure there are probably germs on your current dispenser. You are using dirty hands to dispense your soap. But guess what? Then you wash them! So any germs you get on your hands dispensing soap, get washed off, because the entire transaction is about washing your hands.

Okay, I'm going to ignore the silly dispenser and just talk about the soap. The soap is nice and a great scent. It seems effective, and does not dry out my hands.

I did like the scent. I never bought any refills, so I don't know if they have a variety of scents.

Easy to use

Comments about Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System:

This product is great and so easy to use. I love that it has such a great smelling soap inside and that they have several different fragrances to choose from. The price for the unit and the refills are both reasonable. I have given these as gifts and they all loved them.

Love it!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System:

I think Lysol had a genius idea when they created the Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System. I have five kids and I'm like a broken record constantly telling them to wash their hands. With the Lysol No-Touch System, I don't have to remind them because they are fascinated by this product. I personally love it also. The soap is gentle and smells great. It leaves a nice, fresh scent on my hands, as well as in the air. The only complaint I have is the amount of soap it dispenses at one time, especially for my kids. I wish there was a way to adjust the amount being dispensed. I find it to be quite wasteful. I have to buy refills for this machine more often than I used to buy regular hand soap. This system takes four AA batteries. I use rechargeable batteries because the batteries seem to get low quickly in my home because of the excessive use. Although this product could use a little improvement, I prefer it over the bottles with the pump.

I love the soothing cucumber splash. I think it's a great neutral, fresh scent for the bathroom and kitchen.

Pretty good

Comments about Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System:

My family has been using this no touch soap dispenser for about 6 months now. We are on are second one because the first one just stopped working. That is not a good thing to have in a product but we liked it enough to give it another try and so far so good we've had no problems with our new one. One small issue we have is that it is pretty sensitive so sometime I'll go into the bathroom to find a giant puddle of soap under the dispenser as if something accidentally set it off but it doesn't really happen that often so I can live with it. Our favorite scent is the cucumber one because it smells so fresh and clean and it really fells like it's doing the job. It's also fun to see guests reactions because they think it's the coolest thing ever. It is easy to refill, the batteries last long and it looks realitively chic with the bathroom decor. other than the slight problem with the soap mess and the first one not working. It's a great thing to reduce germs and keep the whole family healthy. I totally recommend it for mothers.

Pricey but batteries are included

Comments about Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap System:

I wanted a touch free hand soap dispenser forever. I had a coupon and decided to try this one out. I went through the small bottle of soap in a week. We probably wash our hands and dishes more frequently than the average household. However, this unit only has one setting and that is to dispense a ton of soap with each swipe of your hand. It would dispense enough soap to wash my hands and four more people. It was really a mess. The sensor is also really sensitive too. I had some paper towels sitting next to it and the fan kept blowing one of the sheets up next to the side of the unit and it kept dispensing soap. Once I ran out of that bottle I tried to buy a refill but realized this was going to add up really fast in the long run. I liked that the batteries were included with the unit, but just wished that it didn't dispense a ton of soap with each swipe. I also wish that the refills were not so expensive.