Other General Household Cleaners:
Lysol

Pros

Cons

This germ A phobe loves these Lysol Dual Action Wipes - so nice!

These **Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes **are so nice they designed it twice! Okay, not really but sort of. I hate cleaning but when I have to do it I love products that multi task and help me get my job done faster, better and easier - **Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes **do just that.

So usually I start with** Lysol Dual Action's **scrubby side and scrub down my counter tops, the awesome cleaning formula combined with these super gentle scrubbies help to lift up and off even the most dried on food left behind (sometimes for a day or two). If your "gunk" is dried on extra GOOD, you may have to give it another go over with a new wipe, but this doesn't happen often. So after you've de-gunk-tified your counters you can flip the **Lysol Dual Action Wipe** over and do a good wipe down/clean up job with the soft side.

Note: I wouldn't use the scrubby side of these **Lysol Dual Action Wipes **on wood or other soft surfaces, but for sure you can use the soft side.

I'm not really a germ phobe - but probably pretty close to it! And **Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Scrub Wipes **eliminate 99.9% of bacteria on hard, non porous surfaces in just 30 seconds. Gotta love anything that is going to kill off bacteria! Yay bacteria killers....I'll never use another scrubber or icky sponge again! Love these Lysol...thanks for a great invention: **Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Scrub Wipes**!

Love this multi-tasker. One side is nice and smooth great for disinfecting after cleaning cooking chicken and killing off those icky chicky germs. The second side is nice and scrubby and great for getting rid of sticky or prickly bits and pieces left over from spills, craft projects, grease and just plain dried on/caked on junk.

These wipes are super disinfecting, and the perk: I'm very sensitive to cleaning products, many times they can cause in me headaches, sore itchy throat and if it's very strong or full of bleach it can cause an allergic reaction that usually turns into a sinus infection. With Lysol Dual Action Wipes I never experience these sort of reactions - just nice clean counters!

Lysol Dual Action disinfecting wipes

I'm not crazy about the Lysol dual action disinfecting wipes. Don't get me wrong, the product is good, works for certain jobs (which I'll explain), and is convenient. However, the value is not that great. You can use any wipe, even old dried out baby wipes, give it a few sprays with your favorite cleaner and it'll pick up dirt too.
However, it's great for small jobs, such as cleaning around the sink quickly and effectively, disinfecting and cleaning a quick mess on a tiled bathroom floor, disinfecting and cleaning the toilet seat. I've even used it on my wood floors, like a Swiffer wet cleaning wipe and it picked up dirt without destroying my floor. There is one side that scrubs ground in dirt better and the other that gently wipes. This worked well on my wood floors where I could scrape up ground in dirt with the abrasive side without ruining, scratching my wood floors. I wouldn't make a habit of scrubbing wood floors with the abrasive side, however. And I certainly wouldn't use it in areas where the coating of the wood has been scratched and the bare wood is exposed. It made me feel afterwards that my floors, sinks, tiles were clean and disinfected, although I would never use this as my primary cleaner.
Great for touch ups, in between cleanings, but that's it. Also, you can construct a cheaper make-shift wipe yourself.

Works well but too limited in cleaning power.

No obvious scent other than a clean feel.

I like the touch of added scrubbing these have.

from West Virginia

Comments about Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes:

I like to keep wipes around the kitchen and bathroom because I feel like I need to disinfect and sanitize on occasion. The kitchen usually has raw food messes and other food messes on the stove, countertop, and even the table. The bathroom usually has messes on the sinks and around the toilet.

I bought these because they were on sale and I thought I would try them instead of the regular Lysol wipes I usually grab.

The container with this is convenient because it closes and keeps the wipes moist but getting the first wipe up and out of the spout was a little annoying. After that, it's smooth sailing. The wipes have a soft side and they have a side that has little scrubbers on it. I like the scrubbers because I can sanitize my kitchen and bathroom areas at the same time I scrub them to get up stuck on food or stains around the areas I am cleaning. The scrubbing power could be better but it's nice to have it added to wipes I would be purchasing anyway. I like the idea of a clean home and being able to tackle kitchen messes and keep my family safe. The smell on this is still kind of chemically but it has a fresh lemon scent to it that the traditional wipes have. It's a good product to use if you cook a lot and the range and microwave need frequent cleaning.

They really help scrub messes out of the microwave and stove.

It's alright. It has a chemical smell to it but it also has the traditional lemon scent I'm used to.

Great for killing germs!

from Ohio

Comments about Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes:

I love my "Lysol dual action disinfecting wipes" these little things work like magic! I always make sure I have these on hand, I use them to clean just about everything. The Lysol wipes state that they can clean and kill up to 99.9% of germs! Anyone that has children knows that cleanliness is a big deal in the household and on the go. I keep a container of them in my car and my bathroom. They work well for cleaning up messes, as well as disinfecting things such as handles on doors, sinks, toilets, and counter tops. I also use them to clean carts at the store before the kids get in them. One of my favorite things about these disinfecting wipes is how thick they are, I can clean all of my counter tops in the kitchen with ONE wipe! I highly recommend this product to anyone, especially if you have a germ phobia like I do. Great product!

The performance for these disinfecting wipes NEVER disappoint! They clean so well, as well as disinfecting the area to kill germs and bacteria. I love using them after cooking with meat as well. A container will last you a while and they're very affordable.

They leave your home smelling nice and clean! The scent isn't overpowering but just enough to clean the clean smell! Love them!

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes:

I haven't used these wipes too long but I believe they are working well. It states it kills flu virus among other germs and viruses as well. You have two sides to these pads. One is for scrubbing and the other for wiping. It's seems to work pretty good.

I think it performs pretty good. You have to keep in mind that these wipes are for best for disinfecting non- porous surfaces like formica kitchen sinks, bathroom, sink, tub, showers. This product claims to kill many viruses and germs. I haven't gotten sick yet so maybe it's true. This is good for soap scum residue outside refrigerator, toilet seats and the list goes on. It is not for use with glassware, coffee cups, cooking or eating utensils. Like many cleaners, this has a health risk and you should read the label and instructions. There is a phone number to call in case of contact with the eyes so be careful.

I actually like the scent. I believe there are a variety of scents to choose from. I picked citrus as it's a very mild fresh scent.

Great Mutli-Purpose Cleaning Wipes

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes:

I have always loved the convenience of these types of wipes and now Lysol has taken it a step further and made them even better by creating a wipe with two different textured sides. The scrubbing side can also handle tough messes without tearing easily. I am quite messy in the kitchen, especially when making large meals for holidays and game nights. I also leave the cleaning till the last moment after things have usually dried up on the counter. These wipes have been able to handle caramel, dried up barbecue sauce, and other sticky substances after sitting for a couple hours. Aside from the kitchen I also use them on my daughters toys very often. About once a week I go through her toy box and remove the toys and wipe them all down using these wipes. She is two now and seems to always have sticky fingers from one snack or another which makes it onto her toys. I love the sturdiness of these wipes because I do not have to use as many as I would if using paper towels to get this job done. I also use them to clean and disinfect toys and items I buy second-hand from thrift stores or garage sales.

Perfect for an Active Classroom

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes:

I am an elementary school teacher and we have these lightly textured grey desks that show everything! Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes have saved my room. First, the kids are so much happier when their desks are clean looking and they know that the germs left behind by another student are wiped out!

What I really like about the wipes is the two different sides. The textured scrubbing side really helps get off everything from dried glue to crayons to markers (even lightens permanent markers!) After scrubbing the desks, the smooth side wipes everything away. They are pretty good at picking dirt up, occasionally the wipes do a lot of smearing.

If you have ever walked into a classroom with 30 ten year old in the afternoon, you know that the smell is bad! I love the way my whole room smells clean and light, not all chemical laden. I love it when someone walks through my room and comments on how great it smells! Victory!

Lyson Dual Action = Ok

from VA

Comments about Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes:

I bought the Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes one day when they were on sale and all the of regular ones were out of stock. I thought these would be great for the counters and bathroom. But honestly, I think they are just ok. I was not overly impressed with the scrubbing action at all. They were hard to get out of the container, slipping them through the slot they just seemed to want to bunch up and rip. And I noticed that they tear up so much easier and quicker than the regular lysol disinfecting wipes. I am glad I didn't buy more than 2 cans. I did end up using them in the bathroom and for my counters, but I wasted a lot fighting getting them out of the can, and it seemed I needed to use twice as much to get the jobs done I was doing. For example cleaning anything sticky or rough, they would rip up. I think they are ok for just normal wipe down jobs, but wouldn't recommend them for anything you need to put some power into.

Fun and Useful Twist on Wipes

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes:

I have used Lysol wipes as one of my primary cleaning methods since college (seven years ago, tear!). The dual action wipes just came out within the last couple of years, and since they offered a "Try Me Free" rebate, I knew I had to get it. I was surprised by how much I liked these wipes. One of the main ways I use them is in the bathroom. Sometimes, different...um...things...get stuck on the toilet seat. It was not always easy to just wipe them off. Now, with the "scrubby" side, I can get things that are a little caked on , off right away. We have a well and softener, and sometimes the water will pool near the soap dispenser or something in the bathroom. Over a few weeks, the water will evaporate and leave behind the minerals from the water. This was something that I had to scrub a little bit to remove with the regular Lysol wipes. Not with these - the "scrubby" action takes right to it, quickly and easily cleaning the minerals. Note: I do not think this would work if the spots had been there a long time, I clean them every few weeks.

Convenient and Powerful

from Provo, Utah

Comments about Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes:

I love these wipes. I have two small children and I don't like using clothes because I tend to forget to clean them and then they start to smell. These and great. They clean basically anything up. They are quick and powerful.
One thing I don't like about these is how they are dispensed. I have a hard time getting the top to close so that only one comes out at a time.

Great product. They clean things really well and they are a little abrasive so they scrub pretty well too.
These are really great for cleaning the bathroom with. Especially places like the toilet where there are lots of germs and using a cloth would mean you have to clean it out.
They are also great for cleaning the kitchen and dusty areas. Basically they will clean just about anything.

I'm not crazy about the smell. I wish they could make some unscented ones. It still has a pretty strong bleach smell and I find it kind of oppressive.

This is a good product to have on hand!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes:

I always have some kind of disinfectant wipe on hand. They are so easy to use and just make life a little more simple. I tried these out when we were moving. I knew that I would have to clean the house that we were moving from well and the house that we were moving into well. I thought these would help extra because of the dual action scrubbing. I will say that these wipes worked pretty well. It came in handy for those harder jobs. It isn't so rough that it will damage things, but just enough scrub to get down to it a little bit easier. The scent was pretty good. It made things smell clean. Not my favorite disinfectant wipe smell, but it was alright. I love how handy it is to have a bottle of these under sinks and in the kitchen. Just pop one out, wipe and you are finished. I would use these again. They did a good job.

They did a good job for a disinfectant wipe. The extra scrubbing power helped in those places that needed extra help.

Not the best scent, but not overpowering. It's a basic cleaning smell.

Love these to keep my home germ free

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Lysol Dual Action Disinfecting Wipes:

These wipes are great. I have used these wipes for so many things. I love keeping them in the bathrooms and kitchen to use whenever needed. I wipe down my bathroom counter tops almost everyday, making it much easier to clean when I do my weekly cleaning. I like that these wipes are stronger than some of the rest on the market. They do not fall apart and can clean the toughest items. I use these outside on the grill and they never fall apart.
These wipes are great and with a toddler in the house they work very well at keeping the house germ free. These may be a little more expensive than some of the other brands, but they work so much better.

These wipes are great for just about anything. I even use this on my car and sofa leather, it really makes the leather shine.

The scent is clean and fresh. It does smell like a cleaning product, but I like when I can smell that things are clean.