Other Bathroom Cleaners:
Lysol

Pros

Cons

Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner Gets the Hard to Reach Areas

Cleaning the toilet ranks near the very top of unpleasant household tasks. There just isn’t much to enjoy, but it is a necessary part of household maintenance and anything that can help make the job easier is a welcome addition. One product that helps in at least one important way is Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner.

Cleaner Facts and Commentary:

Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner is a thicker type of toilet bowl cleaner that clings easily to the sides of the toilet bowl and under the rim, for better staying power and greater ability to soak through and loosen tough stains. The product contains no bleach and no phosphorus, so it is safer for the environment than other cleaners.

Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner cleans up a dirty toilet with ease and its most distinctive feature is definitely its thick gel formula. This is most useful for cleaning under the rim because the gel remains here until you are ready to scrub it away with your toilet bowl brush. Sure, a small amount may run, but most of it stays in place, even several minutes after it is applied. This is very good for those with hard to clean areas under the rim or toward the top of the inner toilet bowl where the water doesn’t touch.

Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner can clean with the best of them, and one pleasant surprise is the price. With such good cleaning abilities, one might expect to find a higher than average price tag, but the cost is actually lower than average and easily worth it for the quality performance.

My Bottom Line:

My bottom line with Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner is that it is a very good product that makes toilet cleaning easier through its sticking action. Lysol is a trusted name, and this product easily lives up to or exceeds expectations. It cleans without the controversial ingredients like bleach and phosphorus and its staying power makes it good for cleaning the hard to reach areas that need a little pretreatment. Try it and see for yourself.

This product cleans up nearly perfectly, wiping away stains in minutes.

The scent is fresh and nice- better than that of other toilet bowl cleaners.

Not good on my low flow

I really liked this product when I had a regular toilet that was heavy porcelain. When I replaced 2 of my toilets to low flow, I noticed the "cling" would not drip down to where the rim of the new water line. My county recently changed my water and despite having a water softener, I get this orange ring on the toilet and shower grout.
I also noticed this product stains the toilet seat and tile grout, along with anything else it touches like towels. I always used gloves as it seems quite caustic.
I called the mfg about the toilet seats and it is not intended for any part but inside the bowl. Therefore you need 2 different products (this is bleach based) to clean 1 toilet. I have since switched to another product that I can use on every part of the toilet, although it doesn't have the good disinfectant qualities this does.
The only other thing I noticed with the "cling" is that it's hard to whisk in the bowl abd doesn't easily come off the brush. This might be too much information but you'll understand if you care to read this review.
The product does squirt out of the container ok, but seems like almost too much product is being wasted. I did have 1 bottle not open at all and had to be returned.

In all, I believe it's a good concept for a product if it meets your needs. It's definitely not good on my low flow toilet.

This is a great toilet bowl cleaner!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

I really like this toilet bowl cleaner. The liquid in it is thicker than other toilet bowl cleaners, so it sticks on to the edge better. I like just letting it sit on the toilet bowl while I go do something else. It rinses well and leaves my toilet looking sparkling clean. It gets rid of pretty much all bacteria and germs. It also doesn't smell that bad for a toilet bowl cleaner. It leaves a fresh scent. I like the way that the spout is shaped. It makes it easier to get under the rim of the toilet bowl. It is very easy to use and doesn't take a lot of work. I would definitely recommend this product and use it again. It's pretty inexpensive and can be found at most stores that sell these kinds of products.

This does a good job of cleaning your toilet bowl well. It gets rid of stains and kills bacteria. It's easy to use and your toilet looks great after.

This smells pretty good for a toilet bowl cleaner!

Great for Tough Stains

from MI

Comments about Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

Lysol Cling Gel Toilet bowl cleaner is one of the better toilet bowl cleaning products that I have tried. I particularly like the "cling" aspect of this product, because the gel here is quite a bit thicker than most other toilet bowl cleaners, making it stick around longer to get the cleaning action done. Some other products that have just a thin, watery type cleaning product don't seem to work as well, as they sort of just slip down the bowl back into the water immediately after applying.

This product works really well, and it also has the germ-fighting power of Lysol brand. I always feel like my toilets are really clean and germ-free after using this product.

I will add, however, that the gel alone won't get rid of the hard water rings and stains. While it does help make the cleaning process easier, I always follow up an application of toilet bowl cleaner with my Clorox Wand to scrub away the excess gunk.

I think this product works and is readily available at pretty much any store.

Lysol makes cleaning the toilet bowl a snap!

from Stoughton, Wi

Comments about Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

I hate cleaning bathrooms and especially dread cleaning the toilet bowl! I have tried many toilet bowl cleaners throughout the years and Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner is by far and away the best on the market. Many less expensive toilet bowl cleaners do not clean effectively. The Lysol Cling Gel is really true to its name and actually does cling to the toilet bowl making scrubbing the toilet a breeze! One of the things I like best about this Lysol product is the bottle design. The top is very easy to open and the curve of the bottle makes covering the whole surface area of the toilet bowl easy. This cling gel cleans so well that little scrubbing is required to get the toilet clean. I often need to clean my toilets every three to four days when I use other products, but this is not the case with Lysol Cling Gel Cleaner. My toilets seem to stay clean for at least a week when I use this product. I appreciate the scent of the Lysol Toilet Bowl cleaner as well. It is fresh and clean smelling and does not have an overpowering chemical smell. The only drawback of the Lysol Toilet bowl cleaner is the higher cost compared to other toilet bowl cleaners on the market. However I use less product to clean so it is worth the extra money in the long run!

Not good on my low flow

from Tampa Florida

Comments about Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

The gel wins - hands down

from Glenwood, IL

Comments about Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

Love the way this gel toilet bowl cleaner pretty much stays where it is squirted. No on likes to clean toilets, but using this product makes things much easier. You just aim, squirt and let it sit a minute or two, then lightly scrub with a toilet brush and flush! You don't have to get your hands all dirty and you know that with this brand you get deep antibacterial cleaning.

I like the way it stays where I squirt it until I use the brush.

Clean fresh smell.

good for what it is

Comments about Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner cleans and disinfects your toilet bowl leaving a fresh, light scent.

Pros: The scent isn't overbearing and the product itself isn't diluted down. The liquid mixture is thick, so you know you're getting your money's worth. Disinfects, deodorizes, and cleans your toilet bowl killing 99.9% of germs.

Cons: Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner bottle says you can let it sit in your toilet bowl for up to 15 minutes to disinfect the germs more, but it leaves a horrible blue stain in the toilet bowl. The blue stain dye it leaves makes you re-clean the bowl again for another round which can be a hassle for those who don't have much time to clean. It has a nice scent, but it doesn't necessary cleans all of the dirty areas effectively.

Overall, this product for me alone is not that great. I don't use it alone because the cleaning action is not enough. I combine this with the comet powder and water to give Lysol an extra boost in removing the bowl stains.

Sticky Cleaning Power

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

I like using this product from Lysol. It has a 'clean' scent to it, and there is nothing that I like more, especially in the bathroom. What is really impressive about this product is that the gel actually sticks to the toilet so all of the cleaning ingredients can take action and fully remove dirt and germs from the toilet. It breaks dirt up effectively and efficiently, and it really does stick as it promises. You can find effort free cleaning when using this product. It is also priced within a reasonable price range, so it is very much worth your purchase if you demand clean for your home. It loosens hard water and leaves the toilet smelling great for many flushes.

It quickly cleans the inside of the toilet and leaves it shining. It is effortless to clean, and the results leave you feeling good about what you have done.

The scent fills the bathroom, and it is a nice one. It has the 'clean' smell that you want after you have put in so much hard work to get it done.

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner is the best. This product really clings to my toilet bowl and cleans it very well. Not only is this product good for cleaning my toilet bowl on a daily basis, it also works great with cleaning tough jobs such as hard water stains that appears inside my toilet bowl.

When I have tough stains to remove I will cover the entire inside of my toilet bowl with this product. I let the product sit for 45 minutes to 1 hour, then I take my toilet bowl brush and lightly scrub the inside of my toilet clean. Within seconds my toilet bowl shines and look brand new. I have no doubt that my toilet bowl is clean and it smells fresh.

The scent of this product smells really good and does not smell of harsh chemicals. I still like the original Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner, but I love this product even more.

A little of this product goes a long way. There is no need to squeeze out a lot of this product in the hopes of getting better results. One coat of this product takes care of light and tough jobs.

Clings and Smells Nice!

Comments about Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

This is some pretty amazing toilet bowl cleaner. It actually smells really fresh and clean, not like over powering bleach, like some others, just pure clean. It stays true to it's name, when you squirt this cleaner it really comes out thick and is a gel. It goes where you aim the bottle and doesn't spray down the sides. It actually stays put in the bowl and let's me clean other parts of the bathroom while it does it's job of disinfecting the bowl. It has a nice angled top of the bottle so application is much easier. After the gel has set a while, I scrub with my toilet bowl brush, but I find that heavy scrubbing is not needed. Be sure to get all the gel worked up into foam, and get right down into the bottom of the bowl, then just flush it away. What you are left with is a shiny white bowl that really smells clean, and oddly enough the whole room smells like this for a while. I use this about three times a week in each bathroom, really don't need to use it much more than that. A definite winner in this category and great price wise too.

Cleans great.

Smells great.

Cleans the toilet bowl great and smells great too.

Comments about Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner:

I can go on and on about how much I love Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner. I really have never loved a cleaner more than it. I have always had problems cleaning the toilet bowl. Nothing would get it sparkling clean and nothing could clean that nasty yellow ring that is inside the bowl. Just a week after I began using Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner , I noticed an incredible difference in cleanliness in the bowl. The toilet bowl was sparkling clean for the first time, in a long time.
I simply pour Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner all around the inside of the toilet bowl and leave it for 10 minutes or so. After that, I use the toilet brush to scrub the bowl. Then I flush and it is sparkling clean. It smells great as well. I do this about once or twice a week. There is no need to do it daily because the great cleaning power in it leaves the toilet bowl fresh and clean for a few days.
Lysol Cling Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner also disinfects and kills the germs inside the toilet bowl, which is another reason to fall in love with it. I definitely recommend this to everyone that wants to have a clean toilet.