View more diapers

Luvs
Luvs Ultra Leakguards Newborn Diapers

Luvs Ultra Leakguards Newborn Diapers

3.6

Best Diaper out there, and this is after trying 4 other brands!

I tried (rather used, as i got them as gifts) 4 other brands of diapers with my first baby. And found that luvs worked the best! These are my go to diapers, and what i give for baby shower or hospital visit gifts! and i will have to say, once is switched to luvs, i never had to worry about diaper rashes. Neither of my kids got a single one, while using luvs.

Easy to use, just like any other diaper. And the baby powder smell is WONDERFUL!

Leak Prevention
This product worked the best for both my daughter and my son. I thought, OK maybe i just got lucky with my daughter. But nope, proved to hold well for my son too!

Comfort
When i used the 4 other brands, i didn't feel that they catered towards newborns. With the belly button, rubbing. But these are wonderful for that! Never felt like they were too tight for my kids or rubbing on their skin.

Absorbency
I really feel that these work the best overnight or on long road trips. They do trap it in and keep it there, with out having to worry about it leaking out the sides or coming up the back of their behind.

Luvs Ultra Leakguards for Newborns not for me

I used Luvs on my son who is out of diapers now, and I really liked them for when he was older than 6 months. The Luvs Ultra Leakguard for newborns, however, were not my favorite diaper. They did not seem soft enough to me for delicate baby skin. They elastic at the waist area and also at the legs just seemed to stiff and hard, not soft like the Pampers Swaddlers that I preferred for him. The did okay controlling leaks, but I had a boy and so that was sometimes an issue with leaking through all over the place. They are easy to use. You just slap it on and go. I did not use the Luvs brand for my second child. I would recommend Luvs for an older baby, but not these newborn ones.

Leak Prevention
The Luvs Ultra Leakguards did fairly well preventing leaks, but I had a boy so I think that makes it hard to tell. Baby boys seem to leak more than girls in my opinion.

Comfort
They may have been comfortable to my son but they did not seem like they would be. The fabric was to stiff and scratchy. Babies are obviously too young to tell you that they don't like their diaper, so you just have to trust your instincts about what diapers are best.

Luvs Ultra Leakguards for Newborns not for me

from Roanoke, VA

• Leak Prevention:
  • Comfort:
  • Absorbency:

Best Diaper out there, and this is after trying 4 other brands!

Absorbency

• Leak Prevention:
  • Comfort:
  • Absorbency:

Good product

from Deland, FL

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Newborn Diapers:

LUVS diapers offer a cheaper alternative in the name brand diaper market (read: huggies and pampers). They don't skimp on the quality and are best compared to the pampers baby dry diapers. I've never had a problem with leaking except for breast milk bowel movements, which happened to me with all brands. One advantage that these diapers have over the Huggies brand is that they don't snag and frey like the Huggies diapers do. I always hated the way huggies looked after my son was running around with out clothes on. Also, they aren't bulky like some of the cheaper diapers. They add filler so that the diapers are more absorbant, but the crystals get stuck to his butt, which again drives me crazy. Good diapers!

luv diapers are crappy

from Richmond, IN

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Newborn Diapers:

i use to love love diapers until the changes the style. they have gone really crappy. my daughter leaked through her clothes every time when she has a bowl movement even after an hour of being in the diaper. i will never buy these diapers again. i used these on my oldest child and they were the best. i was a loyal customer until they changed styles. they are the worst diaper ever. i now buy the store brand ones because they are actually better then LUVS. i was really disappointed to find out that they changed and became crappy. they were really absorbant but not now. i hated having to do frequent changes with my child because the diaper wouldnt hold. i would not recommend these diapers to any one they are TOO crappy.

Luvs are my first choice

from Pataskala, OH

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Newborn Diapers:

My little baby boy,, tends to have extremely explosive poopies... It is incredibly hard to keep them from getting all over the place and staining his clothes,, and after trying multiple brands ((and many ruined outfits!!!)),, including pampers,, huggies ((we had horrible experiences with huggies!!!)),, and some off brands,, we chose to exclusively use Luvs,, because they did just as well as Pampers,, but they are a fraction of the cost of other name brand diapers!!! They are extremely absorbent,, and can last well through the night, and they keep almost all of his explosive poopies in. Babies can be quite expensive, but it is very relieving to be able to depend on Luvs for extremely affordable,, extremely effective,, and extremely absorbent diapers!!! They make my day a thousand times easier!!! I can not imagine wasting my money just to have name brand diapers when Luvs do the same job!!!

Wouldn't take them if they were free!

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Newborn Diapers:

I received Luv diapers as a gift. So, I tried Luv diapers with my first child and was very disappointed in the quality. The diapers were pretty small in size, compared to others, and did not seem to have a lot of leaking protection. I was correct. One diaper did not last 2 hours. When I went to do my routine diaper change, the diaper had already leaked through. Just to make sure I did not put the diaper on incorrectly, I tried another one. Same thing.

The diapers are extremely too thin - or very much flimsy. There is very little absorbant quality to these diapers, which was the apparent cause of the leakage. These diapers are definitely not bulky, but a very lame excuse for being a leaky rag. I tried other brands, and they were not considered bulky, but the presence of absorbant material was apparent. They definitely did a better job with protecting my little one's bottom by being more absorbant and prevented leakage. These diapers are definitely low quality and the worst buy.

Love the Luvs

from Hershey, PA

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Newborn Diapers:

We love the Luvs. We were given a LOT of diapers when our daughter was born, so we got the fine opportunity to try out all types of diapers. We found that Luvs ranked right up there at the top of our list with Pampers. They seemed to hold in all sorts of messes very well, had cute designs on them (Blues Clues), and the best part, when we looked at the prices of diapers, were that they were the cheapest in the category "diapers we like and that work well for our daughter".

We would DEFINITELY recommend Luvs to any parent in need of diapers. In fact, I was told that when I was a baby, I wore Luvs, and apparantly, so did many other babies from my generation (as told by the moms at my baby shower)... so they have been around the block and have withstood the test of time.

Another perk is that we often find coupons for Luvs (or others find them and give them to us), so there are lots of coupons out there to help lower the already lower price... never a bad thing!

You get what you pay for

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Newborn Diapers:

Before I had my baby, like everyone else I thought a diaper is a diaper -- it just ends up in the trash! I didn't want to buy the really cheap ones and I didn't feel it was necessary to get the most expensive either, so I settled on Luvs. The best thing about Luvs is that it's affordable and you can get it pretty much everywhere, and it was always on sale when I bought it. You can also sign up to numerous sites to get their coupons saving you even more money. The diapers worked great when he was only a few weeks old but once he started taking more milk these diapers were useless! I don't know why they would say it doesn't leak right on the box because I had to change his clothes with every diaper change, and I didn't wait hours between each change I was changing him with every feeding (so every hour and a half to two hours). I promptly switched to a slightly more expensive well known brand (rhymes with rampers) and I never had this problem again.

family favorite

from Lancaster, NY

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Newborn Diapers:

Over the years I raised nine children in my house and now that mine are grown I continue to buy diapers for both my adopted niece and my first grandchild that was just born recently. LUVS brand diapers were preferred by my little ones. Two of my kids and my one nephew had suffered allergies to the contents of Huggies and Pampers' diapers.In the 28 years that we have utilized LUVS diapers that has never been one rash from LUVS brand diapers.It seems that every diaper available at all the stores here in Upstate New York are expensive, even the LUVS rand. I suggest checking different internet websites for any printable coupons to help defray the cost. The diapers are soft and stand up very well to leaks.I simply love the high quality of the diapers. They are very durable and don't fall apart the way some other diapers do.These diapers are very absorbent. MY  kids are sensitive to some varieties of perfumed diapers but had no reaction at all to this brand.

Luvs Ultra Leakguard Stretch

from Kannapolis, NC

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Newborn Diapers:

I love these diapers. Not only are they affordable but they have kept all three of my babies aging from 1 to 11 dry. I have always used this brand unless gifted another brand. I would reccommend these diapers 150%.