1,244 reviews
Other Diapers:
Luvs

Read 1,244 Reviews

Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers

Pros

• Absorbent (10)
  • Convenient (8)
  • Comforting (7)
  • No leaks (7)
  • Portable (4)

• Diaper changing (10)
  • Overnight (8)
    • Leak Prevention:
    • Comfort:
    • Absorbency:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent of two or more children (10)

Luvs Ultra Leakguards are dependable diapers

I really liked the Luvs Ultra Leakguard diapers when I diapered my first son. I purchased the Luvs brand quite a bit and found that it was a diaper that held up pretty well and did the job right. I don't like Luvs for a smaller baby for some reason. They just don't seem soft enough to be for a newborn. So I used these probably when my son was about 6 months old and up. I found that the Ultra Leakguard diapers really did help control leaks, especially for a baby boy when that can sometimes be a problem. The elastic in the legs seemed comfortable, and the adjustable waist closure also was a pretty good design in my opinion. I like that Luvs are sometimes less expensive than the other two more popular brand of diapers but work just as well. So for an older baby or toddler, I would definitely recommend the Luvs Ultra Leakguard diapers.

Comfort
Seemed pretty comfortable for my son.

Absorbency
Pretty absorbant most of the time. I would sometimes notice damp skin, especially when the diaper was worn overnight.

Luvs - splurge and buy a better brand

With two young children still in diapers, I can't tell you how many diapers I have changed. A quick calculation yields a result of about 6000 diapers - that's  lot of diapers. I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could tell you how many times that wrapped around the earth!

Now, we have tried nearly every brand of disposable diapers available in our area, and we're seen the positives of each.

When it came to Luvs, I think we were expecting too much. The price was right and as first-time parents on a tight budget, why not expect greatness? Unfortunately, we were misguided.

**Pros**:

1)** Budget Friends**: Diapers are expensive! There's no way around it! While you can breastfeed instead of formula feed, diapers are pretty important. Disposable or cloth, they're necessary. Luvs fit right into our budget.

2) **Passes the balloon test**: Okay, so I'm sucker for commercials. I believe the Luvs commercials shows a water balloon poked with a hole and placed into a diaper. Of course it doesn't leak. Well, amazingly enough the diaper we used actually passed the test! Too bad it didn't do so well with a baby.

**Cons**:

1) **Cheap**: You get what you paid for. When the connecting tabs break off while you're getting it flattened or the diaper sprouts a major leak, it shouldn't be a surprise. It's a cheap diaper. It's like buying shoes from Payless and being surprised when they fall apart after one season!

2) **As mentioned, sprouts major leaks**: Our carseat has been through A LOT. All babies have blow outs, but Luvs surely doesn't help. I've never had leaks in diapers before or since like the ones we had with Luvs. In one case, urine soaked THROUGH the plastic. It wasn't even a full diaper!

3) **Not always as durable**: One time, within one diaper-changing session, we went through 4 Luvs diapers. No, not because we were having a blow out. It was more along the lines that something on it broke and rendered it useless.

4) **Interesting fit:** My son was not a big kid. In fact, he was pretty darn small. Most babies are. However, Luvs never seemed to fit correctly. Either it wasn't stretchy enough or it just didn't fit in the right places. My husband and I oftened wondered what secret memo other diaper brands received and Luvs skipped.

**Overall**, I wouldn't try the brand again. We used two full packages of Luvs - once when our son was in stage 1 diapers and once when he was in stage 4. They really don't improve.

I used to really like these diapers.

from hot springs, ar

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
  • Convenient

Cons

• Unhygienic

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

Im one of those moms who's constantly changing their baby. Minimum of once an hour. Because cold pee just can't be comfortable on your skin. I used to really enjoy using luvs, but the scent broke my kids out and they would not hold up over night. They were ok during the day if my kids hadn't broke out.

I love these diapers

from Indiana

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
  • Comforting

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I always come back to these diapers , they are a great price and work so well for my kids who have sensitive skin! I love everything about them!

Have used for all my kids

from Greensboro NC

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
    • Comforting
    • No Leaks

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

The price is super good for the quality. We love this brand and would recommend it to family and friends

These are the only diapers I buy

from Cherry Valley, ca

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
      • Comforting
      • Convenient
      • No Leaks
      • Portable

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I've had 2 in diapers for awhile now, both boys, and Luvs are the only ones buy. My boys have used many brands and Luvs doesn't leak! I've spoken to a few other moms of boys and they agree with me. Luvs are soft, cost effective and the most absorbent diaper out there.

Best Diapers I have used

from Tunnelton, WV

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
        • Comforting
        • Convenient
        • Easily Cleaned
        • No Leaks
        • Portable

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I am a mother of 12 children. I have been using Luvs for almost 21 years. I first discovered these with my first child and fell with them. I like there no leaks, the babies were comfortable, there was no gel pieces everywhere, they cost less than Huggies and Pampers they don't tear like the cheap brands and not to mention the smell good. My babies had a lot less diaper rashes. I always recommend Luvs diapers to all the moms I talk to.

Great product!!

from Austell, Ga

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
          • Comforting
          • Convenient

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

With my 3 other children I used Huggies, just because I was accustomed to using them and I had no issues. With this baby, I used Huggies in the beginning and decided to try Luvs because of the price. I was very impressed to learn that I actually like Luvs better than Huggies, simply because my baby seemed comfortable, she didn't develop a rash and I love the smell of the diapers (weird but true!). I truly luv them!

Love Luvs

from Baltimore, MD

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
            • Convenient
            • No Leaks

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I have tried many other brands and even the more costly bands do not hold up their value like Luvs. I would pick Luvs over any other brand hands down. I have yet to have a leak while using Luvs, but other brands that I received as gifts have all leaked.

Great product

from Nacogdoches, Texas

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
              • Affordable
              • Comforting
              • Convenient
              • Easily Cleaned
              • No Leaks

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

Luvs works as well or better than the much more expensive brands and fits into my budget.

TEND TO LEAK AND BREAK APART

from Kansas,Missouri

About Me Grandparent

Pros

Cons

• Poor Construction

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

WHEN MY GRANDSON WORE LUVS ON OCCASION, THEY USUALLY LEAKED AND BROKE APART SPILLING BEADED MATERIAL ALL OVER THE FLOOR AND ONTO HIS SKIN. THE RATIO OF WORK TO NOT WORK WAS NOT GOOD IN MY OPINION. MY SON FELT THEY WORKED OK MOST OF THE TIME. PAMPERS CRUISERS ALWAYS WORKED BEST BUT MAY HAVE COST A LITTLE MORE.

from Camden,MO

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

Cons

• Unhygienic

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

So I bought these for my son who is 22 months old and every time we use these Luvs diapers they leak and gets his clothes covered in urine it wakes him up during the night so we have stopped using these diapers,We buy Parents Choice or Huggies,They may cost more but they are better overall.