1,255 reviews
Luvs
Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers

Read 1,255 Reviews

Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers

Pros

• Absorbent (21)
  • Comforting (17)
  • Convenient (17)
  • No leaks (17)
  • Portable (11)

• Diaper changing (20)
  • Overnight (18)
    • Leak Prevention:
    • Comfort:
    • Absorbency:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent of two or more children (17), First time parent (5)

Luvs Ultra Leakguards are dependable diapers

I really liked the Luvs Ultra Leakguard diapers when I diapered my first son. I purchased the Luvs brand quite a bit and found that it was a diaper that held up pretty well and did the job right. I don't like Luvs for a smaller baby for some reason. They just don't seem soft enough to be for a newborn. So I used these probably when my son was about 6 months old and up. I found that the Ultra Leakguard diapers really did help control leaks, especially for a baby boy when that can sometimes be a problem. The elastic in the legs seemed comfortable, and the adjustable waist closure also was a pretty good design in my opinion. I like that Luvs are sometimes less expensive than the other two more popular brand of diapers but work just as well. So for an older baby or toddler, I would definitely recommend the Luvs Ultra Leakguard diapers.

Comfort
Seemed pretty comfortable for my son.

Absorbency
Pretty absorbant most of the time. I would sometimes notice damp skin, especially when the diaper was worn overnight.

Luvs - splurge and buy a better brand

With two young children still in diapers, I can't tell you how many diapers I have changed. A quick calculation yields a result of about 6000 diapers - that's  lot of diapers. I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could tell you how many times that wrapped around the earth!

Now, we have tried nearly every brand of disposable diapers available in our area, and we're seen the positives of each.

When it came to Luvs, I think we were expecting too much. The price was right and as first-time parents on a tight budget, why not expect greatness? Unfortunately, we were misguided.

**Pros**:

1)** Budget Friends**: Diapers are expensive! There's no way around it! While you can breastfeed instead of formula feed, diapers are pretty important. Disposable or cloth, they're necessary. Luvs fit right into our budget.

2) **Passes the balloon test**: Okay, so I'm sucker for commercials. I believe the Luvs commercials shows a water balloon poked with a hole and placed into a diaper. Of course it doesn't leak. Well, amazingly enough the diaper we used actually passed the test! Too bad it didn't do so well with a baby.

**Cons**:

1) **Cheap**: You get what you paid for. When the connecting tabs break off while you're getting it flattened or the diaper sprouts a major leak, it shouldn't be a surprise. It's a cheap diaper. It's like buying shoes from Payless and being surprised when they fall apart after one season!

2) **As mentioned, sprouts major leaks**: Our carseat has been through A LOT. All babies have blow outs, but Luvs surely doesn't help. I've never had leaks in diapers before or since like the ones we had with Luvs. In one case, urine soaked THROUGH the plastic. It wasn't even a full diaper!

3) **Not always as durable**: One time, within one diaper-changing session, we went through 4 Luvs diapers. No, not because we were having a blow out. It was more along the lines that something on it broke and rendered it useless.

4) **Interesting fit:** My son was not a big kid. In fact, he was pretty darn small. Most babies are. However, Luvs never seemed to fit correctly. Either it wasn't stretchy enough or it just didn't fit in the right places. My husband and I oftened wondered what secret memo other diaper brands received and Luvs skipped.

**Overall**, I wouldn't try the brand again. We used two full packages of Luvs - once when our son was in stage 1 diapers and once when he was in stage 4. They really don't improve.

Wish I would've known how great they were 3 kids ago.

from Northern Kentucky

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
  • Comforting
  • Convenient
  • No Leaks
  • Portable

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I am now a mom of 3 and always used the more expensive brands with them. These diapers are so much better, smell better, and cost on average $3 less than the big name brands. I will be a Luvs customer for life!

LOVE

from Illinois

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
    • Comforting
    • Convenient
    • Easily Cleaned
    • No Leaks
    • Portable

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

Love luvs! They are awesome diapers for the price they are. I've used them with 3 out of 4 of my kids. My first born could only use pampers. Everything else she'd get bad rashes. But LOVE LUVS! Def. recommend them.

My Go To Diapers!

from Ormond Beach, FL

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Absorbent
      • Comforting
      • Convenient
      • No Leaks

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I absolutely love these diapers for my little one. They are affordable, flexible, leak free. They work great for my baby's sensitive skin. Definitely great value.

Luvs are great!

from Lithonia,Ga

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
        • Comforting
        • Convenient
        • Easily Cleaned
        • No Leaks
        • Portable

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

These are great! I love Luvs diapers! I always use these when all my kids were in diapers. My youngest daughter used these until I changed her to pull ups. I never had a problem with leaking or nothing.

Like them!

from Anaheim CA

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
          • Easily Cleaned
          • No Leaks
          • Portable

Cons

• Diapers Not Soft Enough

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I love these for my son! Boys tend to pee in the front more and they hold it all in. The texture just isn't soft thats why I give them a 4 or else I'd give a 5. My daughter couldn't use them because she was too sensitive.

Won't buy any other kind of diaper!

from wi

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
          • Comforting
          • Convenient
          • Easily Cleaned
          • No Leaks

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I started using loves with my first born 15 years ago after having problems with both pampers and huggies diapers. I continue to use them today on my now 9 month old. We received diapers as gifts of other kinds in which we had blowouts, leaks, rips and even an allergic reaction none of which were cause by our beloved Luvs. I continue to be a loyal customer to them as a good, safe, durable diaper is so so important, we have enough to worry about as parents.

The main diaper that I use on my son

from KY

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Absorbent
            • Comforting
            • Convenient
            • Portable

Cons

• Bulky

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I've tried many diapers brands in the past couple of months, and I keep coming back to Luvs diapers. They have a fresh smell, hardly ever leak, and are inexpensive for the quality. I put one con being that they are bulky. They are slightly bulky, and sometimes my son looks like he's peed but he hasn't. The overall quality is well made. Like I said, we hardly ever have leaks. He wears them overnight too. Love Luvs!

Definitely Recomend

from Decatur Alabama

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Absorbent
              • Comforting
              • Convenient
              • Easily Cleaned
              • No Leaks
              • Portable

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I love these diapers. Super good and affordable.

Two kids and still love

from North Carolina

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

Love these diapers! . I have used these for two kids now and wouldn't switch to anything else. Not only are they cost efficient but they really work. They are very absorbent, both my 6 month old and two year old must have diapers with a pound of urine in the mornings and these still do not leak. The only time they do leak is when my 6 month old has blow outs that go up the back, but not sure any diaper will totally help with that.

Love it

from Ohio

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
                  • Comforting
                  • Convenient
                  • Easily Cleaned
                  • No Leaks
                  • Portable

• Pacifying
                    • Soothing Baby

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

These diapers are amazing. They have worked for all my kids and I would decently recomened!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand