1,248 reviews
Luvs
Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers

Read 1,248 Reviews

Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers

Pros

• Absorbent (14)
  • Comforting (11)
  • Convenient (11)
  • No leaks (11)
  • Portable (6)

• Diaper changing (14)
  • Overnight (13)
    • Leak Prevention:
    • Comfort:
    • Absorbency:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent of two or more children (12), First time parent (3)

Luvs Ultra Leakguards are dependable diapers

I really liked the Luvs Ultra Leakguard diapers when I diapered my first son. I purchased the Luvs brand quite a bit and found that it was a diaper that held up pretty well and did the job right. I don't like Luvs for a smaller baby for some reason. They just don't seem soft enough to be for a newborn. So I used these probably when my son was about 6 months old and up. I found that the Ultra Leakguard diapers really did help control leaks, especially for a baby boy when that can sometimes be a problem. The elastic in the legs seemed comfortable, and the adjustable waist closure also was a pretty good design in my opinion. I like that Luvs are sometimes less expensive than the other two more popular brand of diapers but work just as well. So for an older baby or toddler, I would definitely recommend the Luvs Ultra Leakguard diapers.

Comfort
Seemed pretty comfortable for my son.

Absorbency
Pretty absorbant most of the time. I would sometimes notice damp skin, especially when the diaper was worn overnight.

Luvs - splurge and buy a better brand

With two young children still in diapers, I can't tell you how many diapers I have changed. A quick calculation yields a result of about 6000 diapers - that's  lot of diapers. I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could tell you how many times that wrapped around the earth!

Now, we have tried nearly every brand of disposable diapers available in our area, and we're seen the positives of each.

When it came to Luvs, I think we were expecting too much. The price was right and as first-time parents on a tight budget, why not expect greatness? Unfortunately, we were misguided.

**Pros**:

1)** Budget Friends**: Diapers are expensive! There's no way around it! While you can breastfeed instead of formula feed, diapers are pretty important. Disposable or cloth, they're necessary. Luvs fit right into our budget.

2) **Passes the balloon test**: Okay, so I'm sucker for commercials. I believe the Luvs commercials shows a water balloon poked with a hole and placed into a diaper. Of course it doesn't leak. Well, amazingly enough the diaper we used actually passed the test! Too bad it didn't do so well with a baby.

**Cons**:

1) **Cheap**: You get what you paid for. When the connecting tabs break off while you're getting it flattened or the diaper sprouts a major leak, it shouldn't be a surprise. It's a cheap diaper. It's like buying shoes from Payless and being surprised when they fall apart after one season!

2) **As mentioned, sprouts major leaks**: Our carseat has been through A LOT. All babies have blow outs, but Luvs surely doesn't help. I've never had leaks in diapers before or since like the ones we had with Luvs. In one case, urine soaked THROUGH the plastic. It wasn't even a full diaper!

3) **Not always as durable**: One time, within one diaper-changing session, we went through 4 Luvs diapers. No, not because we were having a blow out. It was more along the lines that something on it broke and rendered it useless.

4) **Interesting fit:** My son was not a big kid. In fact, he was pretty darn small. Most babies are. However, Luvs never seemed to fit correctly. Either it wasn't stretchy enough or it just didn't fit in the right places. My husband and I oftened wondered what secret memo other diaper brands received and Luvs skipped.

**Overall**, I wouldn't try the brand again. We used two full packages of Luvs - once when our son was in stage 1 diapers and once when he was in stage 4. They really don't improve.

Definitely Recomend

from Decatur Alabama

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Absorbent
  • Comforting
  • Convenient
  • Easily Cleaned
  • No Leaks
  • Portable

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I love these diapers. Super good and affordable.

Two kids and still love

from North Carolina

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

Love these diapers! . I have used these for two kids now and wouldn't switch to anything else. Not only are they cost efficient but they really work. They are very absorbent, both my 6 month old and two year old must have diapers with a pound of urine in the mornings and these still do not leak. The only time they do leak is when my 6 month old has blow outs that go up the back, but not sure any diaper will totally help with that.

Love it

from Ohio

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
      • Comforting
      • Convenient
      • Easily Cleaned
      • No Leaks
      • Portable

• Pacifying
        • Soothing Baby

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

These diapers are amazing. They have worked for all my kids and I would decently recomened!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Reliable Diapers

from Maine

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
        • Comforting
        • Convenient
        • No Leaks

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

Luvs is a wonderful brand that has been our "go to" diapers. They are strong, reliable and convenient...not to mention cute. The price is reasonable and you can rest assured there will not be leaks, we have never had an issue! Will continue to purchase and have been so satisfied with these diapers! Reliability is super important and they pass the test.

I buy and will CONTINUE to buy this product

from Butler, Alabama

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Absorbent
          • Comforting
          • Convenient
          • Easily Cleaned
          • No Leaks

• Soothing Baby

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I use and have used luvs since my baby was born. The night lock protection keeps my baby calm and sleeping sound throughout the night. As a first time parent, or parent in general, the well-being and happiness of your child is a top priority, therefore, luvs is the best choice. Super absorbant and keeps wetness away from baby's bottom. Since using luvs, we have not had a "blowout" or a peeing out issue. I personally have not one complaint about this brand. We LOVE it. And I would definitely recommend this product to other parents.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I love these diapers

from Indiana

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
            • Comforting

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I always come back to these diapers , they are a great price and work so well for my kids who have sensitive skin! I love everything about them!

Have used for all my kids

from Greensboro NC

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
              • Comforting
              • No Leaks

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

The price is super good for the quality. We love this brand and would recommend it to family and friends

These are the only diapers I buy

from Cherry Valley

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
                • Comforting
                • Convenient
                • No Leaks
                • Portable

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I've had 2 in diapers for awhile now, both boys, and Luvs are the only ones buy. My boys have used many brands and Luvs doesn't leak! I've spoken to a few other moms of boys and they agree with me. Luvs are soft, cost effective and the most absorbent diaper out there.

Best Diapers I have used

from Tunnelton, WV

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
                  • Comforting
                  • Convenient
                  • Easily Cleaned
                  • No Leaks
                  • Portable

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I am a mother of 12 children. I have been using Luvs for almost 21 years. I first discovered these with my first child and fell with them. I like there no leaks, the babies were comfortable, there was no gel pieces everywhere, they cost less than Huggies and Pampers they don't tear like the cheap brands and not to mention the smell good. My babies had a lot less diaper rashes. I always recommend Luvs diapers to all the moms I talk to.

Great product!!

from Austell, Ga

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
                    • Comforting
                    • Convenient

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

With my 3 other children I used Huggies, just because I was accustomed to using them and I had no issues. With this baby, I used Huggies in the beginning and decided to try Luvs because of the price. I was very impressed to learn that I actually like Luvs better than Huggies, simply because my baby seemed comfortable, she didn't develop a rash and I love the smell of the diapers (weird but true!). I truly luv them!