1,239 reviews
Other Diapers:
Luvs

Read 1,239 Reviews

Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers

Pros

• Absorbent (5)
  • Convenient (5)
  • No leaks (4)
  • Comforting (3)

• Diaper changing (5)
  • Overnight (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent of two or more children (5)

Luvs Ultra Leakguards are dependable diapers

I really liked the Luvs Ultra Leakguard diapers when I diapered my first son. I purchased the Luvs brand quite a bit and found that it was a diaper that held up pretty well and did the job right. I don't like Luvs for a smaller baby for some reason. They just don't seem soft enough to be for a newborn. So I used these probably when my son was about 6 months old and up. I found that the Ultra Leakguard diapers really did help control leaks, especially for a baby boy when that can sometimes be a problem. The elastic in the legs seemed comfortable, and the adjustable waist closure also was a pretty good design in my opinion. I like that Luvs are sometimes less expensive than the other two more popular brand of diapers but work just as well. So for an older baby or toddler, I would definitely recommend the Luvs Ultra Leakguard diapers.

Comfort
Seemed pretty comfortable for my son.

Absorbency
Pretty absorbant most of the time. I would sometimes notice damp skin, especially when the diaper was worn overnight.

Luvs - splurge and buy a better brand

With two young children still in diapers, I can't tell you how many diapers I have changed. A quick calculation yields a result of about 6000 diapers - that's  lot of diapers. I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could tell you how many times that wrapped around the earth!

Now, we have tried nearly every brand of disposable diapers available in our area, and we're seen the positives of each.

When it came to Luvs, I think we were expecting too much. The price was right and as first-time parents on a tight budget, why not expect greatness? Unfortunately, we were misguided.

**Pros**:

1)** Budget Friends**: Diapers are expensive! There's no way around it! While you can breastfeed instead of formula feed, diapers are pretty important. Disposable or cloth, they're necessary. Luvs fit right into our budget.

2) **Passes the balloon test**: Okay, so I'm sucker for commercials. I believe the Luvs commercials shows a water balloon poked with a hole and placed into a diaper. Of course it doesn't leak. Well, amazingly enough the diaper we used actually passed the test! Too bad it didn't do so well with a baby.

**Cons**:

1) **Cheap**: You get what you paid for. When the connecting tabs break off while you're getting it flattened or the diaper sprouts a major leak, it shouldn't be a surprise. It's a cheap diaper. It's like buying shoes from Payless and being surprised when they fall apart after one season!

2) **As mentioned, sprouts major leaks**: Our carseat has been through A LOT. All babies have blow outs, but Luvs surely doesn't help. I've never had leaks in diapers before or since like the ones we had with Luvs. In one case, urine soaked THROUGH the plastic. It wasn't even a full diaper!

3) **Not always as durable**: One time, within one diaper-changing session, we went through 4 Luvs diapers. No, not because we were having a blow out. It was more along the lines that something on it broke and rendered it useless.

4) **Interesting fit:** My son was not a big kid. In fact, he was pretty darn small. Most babies are. However, Luvs never seemed to fit correctly. Either it wasn't stretchy enough or it just didn't fit in the right places. My husband and I oftened wondered what secret memo other diaper brands received and Luvs skipped.

**Overall**, I wouldn't try the brand again. We used two full packages of Luvs - once when our son was in stage 1 diapers and once when he was in stage 4. They really don't improve.

Great product!!

from Austell, Ga

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
  • Comforting
  • Convenient

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

With my 3 other children I used Huggies, just because I was accustomed to using them and I had no issues. With this baby, I used Huggies in the beginning and decided to try Luvs because of the price. I was very impressed to learn that I actually like Luvs better than Huggies, simply because my baby seemed comfortable, she didn't develop a rash and I love the smell of the diapers (weird but true!). I truly luv them!

Love Luvs

from Baltimore, MD

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
    • Convenient
    • No Leaks

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I have tried many other brands and even the more costly bands do not hold up their value like Luvs. I would pick Luvs over any other brand hands down. I have yet to have a leak while using Luvs, but other brands that I received as gifts have all leaked.

Great product

from Nacogdoches, Texas

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
      • Affordable
      • Comforting
      • Convenient
      • Easily Cleaned
      • No Leaks
      • Portable

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

Luvs works as well or better than the much more expensive brands and fits into my budget.

TEND TO LEAK AND BREAK APART

from Kansas,Missouri

About Me Grandparent

Pros

Cons

• Poor Construction

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

WHEN MY GRANDSON WORE LUVS ON OCCASION, THEY USUALLY LEAKED AND BROKE APART SPILLING BEADED MATERIAL ALL OVER THE FLOOR AND ONTO HIS SKIN. THE RATIO OF WORK TO NOT WORK WAS NOT GOOD IN MY OPINION. MY SON FELT THEY WORKED OK MOST OF THE TIME. PAMPERS CRUISERS ALWAYS WORKED BEST BUT MAY HAVE COST A LITTLE MORE.

from Camden,MO

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

Cons

• Unhygienic

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

So I bought these for my son who is 22 months old and every time we use these Luvs diapers they leak and gets his clothes covered in urine it wakes him up during the night so we have stopped using these diapers,We buy Parents Choice or Huggies,They may cost more but they are better overall.

Hands Down The BEST

from San Marcos, Tx

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Absorbent
              • Convenient
              • No Leaks

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

Luvs are the only diapers I use anymore. When my first daughter was born, I used huggies, pampers, and another brand. None of them held her excrements and they all gave her rashes which was heartbreaking. By the time she turned 3 months, we switched to Luvs and never looked back. Now my second daughter is 18 months and wearing Luvs. I would never buy another brand again.

Great value, great diaper.

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Absorbent
                • Comforting
                • Convenient
                • No Leaks
                • Portable

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I absolutely love Luvs. Great price, even without coupons, compared to larger brands. They work GREAT. We've never had an issue with leaks of any kind, even overnight. My boys may have woken up with a full wet diaper, but it's all contained in the diaper! Their pajamas wouldn't even be wet.

Don't risk your baby's health with these diapers

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I'm sure that they absorb plenty of infant waste, but they also must be made out of something terrible because my son had a terrible allergic reaction to these diapers. I can't recommend them to anyone, for fear that this might happen to some other innocent baby out there. He only had the diaper on maybe an hour, and BAM, he's got a terrible rash all over his nether regions. He was in terrible pain for the next several days, but thankfully it did pass, and we never used any more of those diapers, except for that first one. All I can say is it was very obvious that the reaction was from this diaper.

They're as easy as any other diaper to use.

Leak Prevention
                  Not sure, my son didn't keep it on long enough for me to know.

Comfort
                  I'd say comfort is at a level 0, actually, since he was in serious pain for the next several days due to the reaction he had from one Luvs diaper.

Absorbency
                  Don't know, he didn't have it on long enough to pee in it.

• Absorbency:

wouldn't pick any other brand but Luvs

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I absolutely love Luvs diapers. I have used other brands but wasnt happy with the out come. Luvs does everything it says it does on the box an more. The biggest problem I had with other brands was leakage. It couldn't hold an ounce of liquid. But Luvs actually held a lot of liquid an it leak through or anything.

• Absorbency:

Great protection for busy boys

Comments about Luvs Ultra Leakguards Diapers:

I started using Luvs Diapers on my 3 year old (special needs) son when the size 6 in the "leading expensive" brands starting letting his urine leak. I wish I would used Luvs from the second that he was born! They fit amazingly well, they are thinner than any other brand that I have used and they protect over night (my son sleeps 10 straight hours). I would recommend these to anyone.

I have never had any issues with the tabs or stretch sides.

Leak Prevention
                  My son has never had a Luvs diaper leak and he sleeps 10 straight hours every single nigh5.

Comfort
                  I obviously can't say if my son thinks that they are comfortable but he doesn't cry, has zero "marks" on his skin and has never had a rash while wearing Luvs.

Absorbency
                  Waking up to a dry bed after my son sleeps for at least 10 straight hours every single night speaks volumes to their absorbency, to me.