3.6

L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum

3.6

Pros

Cons

Loreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum really works!

As a BzzAgent, I received a free trial of the Loreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum in the mail about 2 weeks ago.  I took some before pics and applied the serum.  It is a clear liquid that isn't really sticky or slimy.  It goes on really smooth and the applicator is made so that it is easy to apply to your lash line as well as your lashes.  I don't really think it has a smell, but I am not usually sensitive to smells so maybe I didn't notice.  After 2 weeks of using the serum (I missed a couple of days) I can definitely tell a difference in the number of lashes and their thickness and smoothness.  My lashes seem so much healthier than before and they are shiny and appear longer.  This serum is not guaranteed to make you grow more lashes or to make your lashes grow longer, but it is supposed to decrease loss of lashes and improve the lashes you have.  In my opinion, it does just that.  Also, when I curl my lashes, they seem to stay curled for much longer.  I can't wait to see my 4 weeks results since I am doing the 4 week challenge for BzzAgent.

Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum by L'Oreal

I bought Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum by L'Oreal when it first came out. My lashes are very blond and very thin, so I was really excited when I saw the commercial promising new thick eye-lashes. Initially I hesitated to buy it, because of the cost, but I could not resist the temptation to have a miracle performed upon me, so I caved in and brought the product home. After I took pictures of my lashes, so that I would be able to compare the results, I started using it right away. For about a month every night (the instructions say to use it only once a day) after removing my make up, I religiously applied it on my upper lashes only (that is the suggestion of the box). The serum does not have any smell, it's not slimy or oily, and stays put without creeping all over one's face while sleeping. It does not burn, if it goes into the eyes. It's actually very pleasing to use. The applicator does not hurt and its stick is long enough to let you see what you are doing in front of the mirror. The only draw back? It does not work at all. The "after" pictures don't show any improvement, not even minimum. The bottom line for me is that I wasted my money on a dream, which did not come true. My search for a valid product continues...

This Loreal Lash Serum seemed to work.

from Manchester, TN

Comments about L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum:

I happened to stumble across this serum when I was shopping at a local drugstore. It happened to be on sale so I decided to give it a try. At first I just didn't see a result at all. However, I was using it very sporatically. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to give it a go again. I have been putting it on every night and leaving it on overnight. I have seen some results after just this small amount of use. I dont' know if this product makes a dramatic difference, however I have been able to notice a difference. The biggest difference is that my lashes seem to be much stronger. I think that this product may be a little pricey but I would recommend it to a friend who is needing some lash oomph!

Lash Boosting Serum is just so so

from Chester, SC

Comments about L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum:

The Loreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum is basically a paste that you coat your lashes with before putting on the mascara. To that extent, it does do that. I get a nice coating to my lashes. Then you have to put on the mascara. The look I get afterward is really not very good. I just feel like the mascara is super thick on my lashes. It really weighs them down. The lashes tend to lump after I put on the mascara, even though they were nice and separated after using the boosting serum. They also feel really stiff. I am using a Loreal mascara afterward, so it could be the mascara that I'm using that makes the lumpy and stiff. I really find I get as good of a look with just the mascara applied a couple of times.

Movie star eyes!

from Logan, UT

Comments about L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum:

I am a beauty product addict and this is the most amazing product that makes me feel like I am giving a special treat to my eye lashes! I was skeptical at first because it is a little pricey and it looks clear in the container. I wondered if it would make my lashes goopy, so I actually thought about buying it a few times and finally splurged when it was on sale at our local grocery store. Well, it turns out that it really was worth the money that I spent on it. It made my lashes long and volumnous. It also didn't look cakey. I absolutely love it. I bought one for my mom for her birthday and she loved it too. I use mine plain, but my mom uses it as a base coat and then applies her Clinique mascara over top of it.

Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum by L'Oreal

from Falls Church, VA

Loreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum Works

from New Castle, PA

Comments about L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum:

I have to say Loreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum (L'Oréal) worked really well for me. I have extremely sensitive eyes, they tear up or become irritated for any reason or no reason at all, so I have to be overly cautious about choosing eye and lash products, which sometimes to be quite honest can become bothersome. I was slightly apprehensive about purchasing and trying out this product, as well as, its accompaning mascara, (why use one without the other was my attitude or philosophy). So I inquired by contacting the company by telephone and was assured that it was made in the United States,Ophthalmologist and allergy tested, Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers and also that it contained a pro-keratine complex technology to boost natural lash health with daily use. They also instructed me to discontinue use, contact them, as well as, a health professional should my eyes get irritated, which they didn't.

It actually works!

from Westwego, LA

Comments about L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum:

I've been using this product for about five months now.  There hasn't been a remarkable improvement in the length of my lashes, but there is a marked improvement in the thickness, no doubt due to the fact that I'm having less lash fallout since using this serum.

I wasn't unhappy with the length of my lashes to start with (don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have complained if they'd gotten longer!), but they've been getting thinner as I'm getting a bit older. I noticed the most dramatic difference after about two weeks of use. The difference since then has been very small, but I've remained quite happy with my results.  Is it the amazing difference that people see with the higher priced lash growth serums?  For me, no, it's not.  But this serum is also a fraction of the cost of those others.  The bottom line for me is that it does what I wanted it to do, which is give me thicker lashes.  For the price, I'll definitely repurchase this.

L'Oreal Lash Blast Serum is awesome

from Salem, NH

Comments about L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum:

I got a free sample of Loreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum and I've been using it for a few months now.  I think its a great product and it's very easy to use.  You apply it in the evening and  in the morning right on your lash line and on your lashes.  It feels very light and fresh and does not feel like there is a residual left. I use it under my regular mascara and it helps to kep the mascara in place.  I have seen it improve the health of my lashes and they have grown longer and stronger over time. The L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum is a wonderful product that I recommend to anybody looking to get longer, healthier, fuller lashes without surgery or prescription treatments. It is like a conditioner for your eyelashes. It is a little pricey but lasts for a long time and worth every penny.  I would recommend using it in combination with L'Oreal's mascara for an overall great look for all people.

no results for me

from Port Charlotte, FL

Comments about L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum:

I am a big fan of Loreal, but I found that this Lash Boosting serum did nothing at all for me.  After using it for almost eight weeks I saw no difference in the length of my lashes or in the number of lashes I had or in the amount of lashes that fall out naturally.  I found it a little awkward to use the applicator.  It's got a huge curve to it that made applying the serum to the under side of the upper lashes as easy as applying mascara.  But applying the serum to the top side of the upper lashes required a little more effort and a learning curve.  I had to find the best angle and the best portion of the applicator to use. The lower lashes were very easy to apply to.  I occasionally got a little of the serum in my eyes and there was almost no irritation at all and what little there was went away in less than a minute.  I didn't use the lash boost with mascara.  I found that it made mascara go on extremely clumpy and I ended up looking like I had just a few lashes because they were all stuck together.

Who wants fuller, thicker lashes?

from Barrington, IL

Comments about L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum:

This is just a quick review of the L'oreal Double Extend with Lash Boosting Serum. I've been using this product for about a month and I am in LOVE. It's a little on the pricey side for a drugstore mascara, but there are always sales on L'oreal and it's totally worth the money. I've never had very thick or full lashes, and I've always used mascara to get the look I was going for. This product has definitely changed the look and feel of my lashes. They are thicker and fuller than they were before, and they also have been falling out less, which is a great bonus. Basically how it works is you put on step one, which is the primer with the lash boosting serum. You apply that to your top and bottom lashes, and I usually wait about a minute to let that dry a little bit before I apply step two, which is the mascara. Essentially you apply it like a regular mascara, but you just have two steps instead of the standard one. I am using the color blackest black, and as well as growing my lashes it also is a great day to day mascara. The brush separates all of my lashes and I haven't experienced any clumping or flaking. My lashes just end up looking longer and fuller than before. I highly recommend this product to people who want to thicken their lashes for an affordable price. Now I am not sure what will happen once I stop using the product, like if my lashes will return to normal or not, but if I ever stop using it (which honestly, I don't think I will) I'll be sure to post an update.

Seems to be working

from Carlsbad, CA

Comments about L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Serum:

This is essentially the over-the-counter, bargain response to prescription Latisse.  Loreal Lash Boosting serum is said to create a dramatic enhancement to your natural lashes by making them appear longer, thicker, and possibly darker.  It goes on basically like clear mascara- you're supposed to coat your lashes like mascara and then the lash line as you would with eyeliner.  Now, I admit to being skeptical about this product.  Anytime the tagline for a product says 'makes something appear to be...,' I suspect that the effect of the product might be mostly mental.

When I first began using the product, I thought I was noticing an amazing difference- my lashes looked great!  I tried not wearing mascara and asking a friend if they liked my new mascara.  When they responded that it looked like I wasn't wearing any at all, I reevaluated my look.  I believe that much of the effect of the product is truly psychological, much like a placebo.

That said, the effect that I did definitely notice was less lash loss while removing makeup.  I believe that this may have resulted in my lashes being able to grow longer and thicker without falling out.  As a blonde, my lashes are naturally quite light and somewhat sparse, so anything would really be an improvement.

One criticism I would note before you try the product is to be cautious when you use it at night.  It is intended to be worn both during the day, under regular mascara, and alone at night.  Make sure that you apply it sparingly and give the product ample time to dry before going to sleep.  The serum can be sticky and has a tendency to make your upper and lower lashes stick together, even if you only apply it to the upper lashes, as instructed.

Overall, it isn't a substitute for mascara, and isn't really intended to be.  I didn't notice a dramatic change to my eyelashes, but it was a good enough product for me to buy it again.