View more computer mice

Other Computer Mice:
Logitech
Models:
910-001463, 910-001464, 910-001466, 910-000153, 910-001465, 910-001467, 910-001468, 910-001469, 910-000682, 910-000681, 910-000679, 910-000558
Logitech V220 Optical Wireless Mouse

Logitech V220 Optical Wireless Mouse

Pros

Cons

• Comfort:

Logitech V220 Mouse is awesome and has great color choices!

I bought the Logitech V220 mouse about 2 years ago. I love that they had color choices, and still love my red mouse! It has worked great all the time I have had it. Pros for it are that it is small, dependable, cordless (of course), color choices work great, only takes 1 battery, long lived, and easy to handle (maybe different depending on the size of your hand though!!!). It is very easy to change batteries, you don't have to go reset the whole thing, like some cordless mice I've seen/had. There isn't much about this mouse I dislike. If I had to make a con list I would say that there is not much warning for a low battery, the light on it is supposed to flash when the battery is low, I suppose, but it does not work faithfully. It is also not the easiest to get the battery compartment open and it was hard to figure out how to open it when I first got it. Overall though, I think it's a great mouse and would make a great addition to your computer!

Disappointing Dr. Jekyll/ Mr. Hyde Mouse

It's tough to use a computer without a mouse, and unfortunately the V220 Optical Wireless Notebook Mouse isn't always the best solution.

**What Is It?**

The days...Read complete review

**What Is It?**

The days of the corded computer mouse are over! It's high-definition optical tracking and ergonomical design really does make it the better looking mouse available without having to pay a high price or mess with complicated designs (they do exist!). In it's basics, it's the computer mouse meant for both PC and laptop, although it's drectly marketed for the laptop.

**My Take?**

Our old mouse died in September 2009, and we promptly went to our local superstore and picked up a new one. I'll confess - I didn't do much research, and I was really attracted to the price and the pretty red color (who says a mouse has to be boring?). Since then, this mouse has met our needs fairly well but it also has fallen flat more times than not.

**What I Like**

1) You just plug it in and go. The little USB flash-drive sized device works like a charm and doesn't stand out. There's no installation process necessary. You plug it in, turn on the mouse (after you put a battery in, of course) and go. It doesn't  get easier than that.

2) Wireless capabilities - that's right! You could take it to another room and it would still work on the computer. It's actually kind of creepy the way it works, but it does work!

3) Cost - it's cheap. Compared to other models and brands, it's cheaper and better looking. That's enough for me to buy it!!

**What I DON'T Like**

1) Battery Life - Don't get me wrong here. I think it's a great little mouse. However, the battery life is really limited. Even if you turn it "off," it doesn't really make an ounce of difference.

2) Off Doesn't Mean Off - While changing batteries, I turn the mouse off...like any normal person would do. However, ti didn't matter. It still functioned just as ever in the off position as it does in the on position. Go figure that one out.

3) Split Personality - This mouse really has taken us far on our computer. Even though it's used on a desktop, it's really great. However, it has it's off days (or months). In the last seven months, a full 2-3 months have been spent fighting a vicious double clicking problem that only happens with this mouse. It happens on any computer we use this mouse on, and it's annoying. From rotating photos to sending email, it's frustrating. Some days are just fine, but on its "bad" days, you will struggle with using it. Nothing seems to help the problem.

**Summary**

In the end, I probably won't be buying this mouse again. It's a fine little mouse, but the issues we've had with it really are just too massive to ignore.  It makes my life on the computer pretty darn miserable. Could this problem be something unique to my mouse? Sure - but it's enough to make me not want to recommend this to anyone.

A comfortable and easy to use mouse

Comments about Logitech V220 Optical Wireless Mouse:

This computer mouse becomes very handy to use when you have a lot of work to do on the computer or if you spend longer hours working on the computer. It sometimes become really boring having to click on the key board every now and then when working on the computer especially when using the desk top. My husband bought this logitech V220 Optical Wireless Mouse for us to use at home. I love it so much especially because I like to do online shopping. It is much more easier to click on different items using this wireless mouse than using the key pad on the computer. Also this mouse helps to provide comfort to your hand, by keeping it relaxed while searching on the internet. This mouse makes it easy to navigate the website, by clicking on the up and down botton, without going to the key pad. Also it is nice because you can always carry it with you wherever you go.

We have had this one for a long time, and all you need to do is to change the batteries.

I've had two of these

Comments about Logitech V220 Optical Wireless Mouse:

I had two of the logitech wireless mice like this one, and they were great products. Both of them last a couple of years, and the only reason I changed it before was to get another color. They come in a variety of colors, and some of the newer models come in neat patterns too. I love the light on top that turns red when the battery is getting low. It is like a pre-warning that it will run out fairly soon, and there is a button to press underneath to that will pop open the top panel so you have easy access to the battery compartment. This mouse is the right size, not too big or small.

I've never had performance problems with this product at all. The cursor moves fast, and does not have 'slow moments' like some others that I've used in the past (only when the battery starts running out completely).

It has lasted over two years so far, and still going strong.

I love that this mouse comes in so many colors, and patterns.

Comfort
It is the perfect size for me, not too big or small.

Reliable wireless mouse

from New York, NY

Comments about Logitech V220 Optical Wireless Mouse:

I am using this Logitech V220 wireless mouse with my laptop. The size is about right. It has some rubber grip built around the edge so that you could hold on to it comfortably. It uses one AA battery and it lasts a long time (months). The receiver is nice. You could plug it underneath the mouse when it's not in use. When it's plugged in, it also switches the mouse off to save power. When you unplug it or take it out, it will automatically turn the mouse on again. You could manually turn off or turn on the mouse by manually sliding the on/off switch. I usually just leave it on unless I plug in the receiver to its bottom. It's a good and reliable wireless mouse.

Logitech V220 is great

from Highland, UT

Comments about Logitech V220 Optical Wireless Mouse:

I work on a laptop a majority of the time, and wanted to purchase a wireless mouse to make some of the graphic editing tasks a bit easier. I found this mouse for a reasonable price, and was impressed with how small it was. I have been pretty happy since I have bought it. It was very easy to install and it is easy to use, but I have found that the small size, while handy for packing around, is a bit too small for my liking. I imagine for a woman or maybe a child it would be fine, but yeah, for me it's a little small. I also like the fact that the USB plugin portion of the mouse is also a storage device, so it kind of doubles in purpose. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a mouse, but maybe not one for use in graphics work.

This mouse is a mouse.

from Cypress, CA

Comments about Logitech V220 Optical Wireless Mouse:

Like my title says, this mouse is a mouse. There is a certain point where all the bells and whistles get in the way of the original purpose of the device. This is no such case. Simply put, this mouse acts as a pretty good mouse. When you move it, the white cursor on the computer moves with it. There are buttons on the side that indicate back and forward. These are convientely place, and I have not hit them on accident in the 1 year I've had this mouse. You can ajust the sensitivity of it, so that's not a problem. The usb reciever could have been a bit smaller, but it's not that much a problem because I don't move my laptop. If you're mobile, you should probably take note of that. Other than that, you just plug it in a go. Pretty simple.

Logical mouse from logitech

from Riverside, CA

Comments about Logitech V220 Optical Wireless Mouse:

About a year ago I bought a tiny netbook and wanted to get a mouse for it because the keyboard is tiny. This mouse came recommended by some friends so when I was shopping I steared towards choosing it over the many other options. It has now been used for a year with only one battery replacement.

It is excellent! For me the size is perfect although that said I have small hands so that may be a problem for men or people with larger hands. It feels very ergonomicly constructed and works very smoothly and doesnt cause any pain to use if you are clicking away all day like some mice do. I like this mouse so much that I actually prefer to use it over my regular mouse I have at my laptop. The additional plus and for me this is a big one is that it is light and easily transported (the usb plug slides into the underside of the mouse). So this is a great mouse if you use your laptop/netbook on the move.

Solid wireless mouse

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Logitech V220 Optical Wireless Mouse:

When it comes to picking a quality mouse, I feel that sometimes Logitech is rather hard to read. They seemed to have corner the market on any computer accessory for the Personal Computer (PC) and I feel that sometimes their products are not top quality.

However, I do have this mouse and I feel as thought it has lasted well while being in my possesion. I have a laptop and I hate using the tracking pad on the laptop, so I purchased this Logitech wireless mouse a while ago (over two years) and it is still going strong. I literally take it in and out of my bag everyday and it has, for the most part, held up to the wear and tear. I did do a little damage, but overall the mouse feels great in my palm and I love the fact that it is past those old, outdated, dinosaurs mouses that use a tracking ball!

I think this is a great product and as long as you know what you are getting and do not have high expectations, it will be fine for you!

Logitech V220 mouse: I love it!

from Austin, TX

Comments about Logitech V220 Optical Wireless Mouse:

I ordered this late 2010 for my laptop. I was experiencing serious discomfort on my right hand from using the mouse pad and I wanted an alternative to mix things up so I do not use the same muscles all the time. The price is reasonable and I love the color. I think it's great that I see it immediately against the black of my computer table. I love that it is small and wireless. I can easily use it wherever and whenever. I do not have to worry about extra cable when I move my laptop about. I even use it when I'm in bed. I can use any surface even the magazine I'm reading in bed as surface to move the mouse about. It is ver responsive too! There is no lag when I use it, and very smooth when I move it about.I like it better than my husband's more expensive mouse. It's easier to navigate/maneuver and seems battery life is longer than my husband's mouse.I cannot say enough good things about this product. Even my husband who is tech savvy loves it and asked me why I did not get him one.I guess the only thing better would be a smaller usb receiver/transmitter which the new nano ones have.Highly recommend.

Logitch Optical Mouse is the BEST Mouse I have ever used!

from Powhatan, VA

Comments about Logitech V220 Optical Wireless Mouse:

This is the second Logitech Mouse I have purchased. Let me be clear, the ONLY reason I had to purchase a new one was that my son and I kept dropping the other one and it finally broke. This had nothing to do with a bad or defective product, but simply us being too rough with it! This mouse works on any surface just as they say it does. It is very responsive, but not overly responsive. Its ergonomic design is excellent, particularly if you have hand pain for any reason. I have hand pain and I get very little, if any, hand fatigue using this mouse. It has an on and off button, that allows you to save battery power. I changed the battery in the old mouse, which I had a year, one time.

The reason I went shopping for a new mouse a year ago, was that I had a son who was almost 3 at the time and he loved to pull on my mouse cord. I had bought 3 or maybe 4 new mice in a very short period of time, because he kept breaking the wire in them. So I tried another brand optical mouse, but the USB plug was very large and long. If my son knocked my computer over, it would bend or break the USB plug. I finally found the Logitech Optical Mouse last year when searching, yet again, for another mouse. I was drawn to it right away, because it is so attractive, but it also had the smallest USB plug I had ever seen on this or any other device. Its so small, that once you plug it in, you don't even know its there. You can leave it in the computer and never have to remove it. However, if you are the type of person who moves your mouse from one device to another on a regular basis, then there are no worries with the Logitech, because it has a storage slot inside the mouse for the USB plug. So you open up the battery compartment on the bottom of the mouse and there is a slot to insert the USB plug. Then when you get to your next destination, you open her up and pull your plug out, insert in the device you are using, and turn it on. Its fast and easy. Plus there is hardly any need to do any installation, the computer you are using will find the device and install it so quickly, you will hardly notice that you are using a new device!

I have had no problems or issues at all with this mouse! It is well made. And in addition to the on/off switch, it also goes into a sleep mode if you forget to turn it off so you won't waste your battery. Its a very well made, well though out device. I highly recommend it.

Logitech wireless mouse is one device I couldn't live without!

from Maitland, FL

Comments about Logitech V220 Optical Wireless Mouse:

The Logitech wireless mouse is hands-down one electronic device that I couldn’t live without!  I use a laptop computer and it is so convenient to leave the USB connector plugged in to my computer and then bring the mouse with me wherever I go.  The mouse is small but not tiny like some of those ridiculous travel mice you see.  It is very comfortable and fits perfectly into the contour of my (female) hand.  The other nice thing about the Logitech wireless mouse is that it comes with batteries and the batteries last a long time.  It also takes standard AA batteries, a rare thing these days with electronic devices.  So that means no charger or annoying down time while the battery recharges.  I just love not having a cord to have to deal with or a bulky USB plug to have to plug and unplug from my computer. Don’t even get me started on Bluetooth mice!  I will keep my simple, wonderful Logitech wireless mouse and I will stay happy!  (By the way, this mouse is also very affordable.)