Other Electronic & Computer Accessories:

Logitech S220 2.1 Speakers

Great budget speakers!

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Logitech S220 2.1 Speakers:

The Logitech S220 2.1 Speakers are a great set of budget speakers.  I got them to replace an aging set of Dell speakers that I got with a computer years ago.  I've had these speakers for 2 years now and they have been great.  the sound quality is awesome, and they are great for games, movies and anything else you need sound on the computer for.

Quality: Great build quality.  The subwoofer and speakers feel sturdy and durable.  The remote is a bit light, and feels slightly flimsy, but works great and has held up very well.  A bit of extra weight in the remote would have made these perfect, hands down.

Features: Besides being a cheap set of 2.1 speakers, the remote is a great addition.  It makes chaning the volume much easier and it just sits in front of my keyboard in between my two monitors.  Easy access and convenient.  The audio and mic ports also make connecting a headset easy.  You don't have to go behind the computer to connect them.  The only gripe I have is that the audio port is not controlled by the volume dial on the remote, you have to change the volume some other way.

Overall: 9/10

Great speakers for their price.

from Toms River, NJ

Comments about Logitech S220 2.1 Speakers:

I bought these to replace a set of speakers that were 7 years old and I am pleasantly surprised at how great they are for their price. These speakers are a nice size and come with an ok sized subwoofer. The sound they produce can be a bit on the flat side, but at their price point, none of the other speakers I heard could come close. For their size they actually pack a good punch, even the subwoofer gives out a good amount of bass for its size. They are pretty clear, even when the volume is turned up. The volume control is ok, but the fact that they put little rubber feet on it to keep it from sliding is a bit funny, since it is extremely light it really can not stay in place on its own. I also wish that they used a push button to turn them on instead of a slider. Either way, for their price they are a great buy and if you are in need of good speakers for a small budget these are the ones to get.

King of all budget speakers!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Logitech S220 2.1 Speakers:

When I first purchased my computer as an avid music listener I wanted to invest on good, mid-range speakers. Unforunately for me my budget did not allow me to do so. So I did research and looked for speakers that gave me great sound for a low price. I came across these as a reccomendation from a good friend of mine and decided to pull the trigger on a set. When I first turn them on I was disapointed by the sound that these produced. They sounded flat and unengaging. Little did I know, you needed to download and install HD-Sound codecs(mine came from Realtek). Once I installed the codecs they speakers sounded great for the price but better things came once I fine tuned the codec experimenting with the settings. I had mine set to "Powerful" and I was brought into a world of musical bliss. The sound that now came from the speakers are unheard from for the price. The clarity, the present bass and the rich engaging vocals from a few songs of mine were there. For the price paid I can not in any way think of an alternative to these. These are the absolute king of super-low budget speakers!

Logitech Speakers are great for the price

Comments about Logitech S220 2.1 Speakers:

I've had these speakers for a few months now and I think they are great. I haven't had any huge problems with them. They're a really great deal and for the price, I am really pleased with my purchase.

The one thing I had to get used to is the rotating disc volume control. This isnt' for everyone. It brings back fond memories of my early days in the radio and media industry, so I'm used to using these types of dials for volume.

Thing is, I don't think the dial I got is working like it's supposed to. It broke off during shipping, so it doesn't rotate smoothly. I have to use a fair amount of pressure to get it to turn. Unfortunately the sellers I got it from weren't that accomodating. I'd end up having to pay a huge amount in shipping just to return it for a new one, and at that point, it's just not worth it, lol.

Something else that I ended up having to fix was the light on the front of the dial that turns on when the speakers are on. It's a bit bright for me... so I just put a piece of masking tape over it. Now it's dimmer :).

The Logitech S220 2.1 Speaker System is nice and compact

from Salinas, CA

Comments about Logitech S220 2.1 Speakers:

I recently replaced an older set of Logitech speakers that didn't have a remote, and I would always find myself crawling under my desk to adjust the volume and bass on the subwoofer. Luckily Logitech partially solved this problem by giving the Logitech S220 2.1 Speaker System a wired remote that controls the volume and that can turn the speakers on and off. This made it infinitely easier to adjust.

The sound quality is good too, yet the whole system is very compact and fits well under and on my desk. The volume and bass controls can be turned up really loud, if needed, and this allows for the user to create the perfect balance between the two.

It works well with a computer, mp3 player, or any other device with a headphone jack.

The one drawback of these speakers is the short cables. The cables only reach about three - four feet so they wouldn't work for amplifing sound of a device across a room. They work best for usage on or under a desk.

These speakers enhanced my television experience

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Logitech S220 2.1 Speakers:

I recently purchased and inexpensive 19 inch HDTV and the only drawback to the puchase was the sound quality of the TV.  I realized that I could utilize these speakers with my tv via the headphone jack and now I get high quality sound when watching tv.

Fantastic speakers at a very low price.

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Logitech S220 2.1 Speakers:

I looked at quite a few speakers before I made my decision. I looked at the Logitech S220,LS21,Z4; Creative T3100; Altec Lansing FX4021. Finally decided on Logitech s220 and so far I am not disappointed. The S220 speakers have good sound quality, compact size, 3 years manufacturer warranty and all for just 25 bucks. The subwoofer seems well built for the price, it is slim and easy to hide under the desk. The bass control is on the back side, which is practical enough, considering once you set the bass to your taste, you rarely would adjust it. The AC power adapter is inside the subwoofer, which is nice. Bass is good, as long as you don't set your volume above 50%. Satellites also look solid for their size and are attached to the subwoofer via standard 3.5mm stereo plug. They have very small footprint - good for those of us who don't have lots of free desk space. They sound OK, a little on the weak side. Middle tones are fine, treble - decent. Overall very good!