4.1
Other Electronic & Computer Accessories:
Logitech

4.1

Logitech S120 2 Speakers are great inexpensive speakers

This is my third set of these speakers. These are small, compact speakers that work very well on my laptop and on my TV in the bedroom. The sound quality is good, they take up very little space and are inexpensive. If anything happens to these, I will purchase the same speakers again. I had this for about 6 months or so. I'm happy with these speakers. They are not hifi speakers but still better than the speakers came with the computer currently in use which are built in behind the monitor, so facing backward. I use headphones most of the time and they sound better than these speakers, but there are times headphone use are not desirable I use these speakers when sounds quality is not important such as video watching which is nice I can control the volume without keep pushing the volume key, when I'm doing something else on the desk and the cord become distracting, when I get too sweaty to use headphones etc. Build quality seems to be good, I haven't had any parts coming off except the front grill, they come off by design. The best part of this purchase is that unlike the speakers come with the computers, I can use these speakers on the computer I buy in the future. If I don't like the speakers come with it, I'll have another option. When I am on my computer (which is on average between work and pleasure around 12 hours a day) I am listening to music while I work or I like to watch movies and such. These speakers are every bit worth the very low price if you want a decent but not superb speaker. You can turn these up pretty loud and the music is atill good quality but not awesome. There is harly any bass in these speakers which is the only major downside. The headphone jack on the side is a convineient bonus. Overall, good speakers for light music listening or watching home videos or movies. I highly recommend them for anybody who needs simple 2 piece speakers for their pc and anybody who uses the internet, watches youtube videos and dvd's on their pc, listens to music and mp3's, and plays games, etc. These speakers are inexpensive and deliver awesome sound quality for the price. Mine have fallen off my desk a few times including one I have placed higher then the other and both including the one that fell a few times are still working like new. I would consider these speakers for families who have young children who access the computer and even teenagers as well. My feeling is if for some reason they do get broken, or even after a year they stop working, I can feel good in the sense that I got my moneys worth out of them and that it would not be costly to replace them. When I first decided to get some better speakers than the ones that came with the computer I at first wanted to go with some USB powered Logitech speakers however I was not sure they would work with my PC. A friend of mine who has the same computer as me recommended these speakers to me. I am glad I took his advice! I have beeen needing speakers for a long time for my computer these speakers are awesome! One of the pros about these speakers is they were really easy to install so someone who may not be too technical will have no problem just plugging in these speakers and enjoying them. If I was asked if I had any recommendations to the designers of speakers in the future I would have to say, and this is really the only reason that I rated this a four out of five instead of a five out of five is that the features are lacking as the speakers in that it only has one power/volume button that you turn clockwise and counter clockwise to turn on the speakers as well as to adjust the volume up and down. It is just a little to basic. I would like to see at minimum separate buttons/controls for the power and the volume. I would also would like to have a little more control of the sound, like a bass adjustment and balance, etc. That way you could cater and adjust your speakers to the specific activity you are doing. I have also read a few reviews that said the speakers were smaller than what they appeared in the advertisement. I don't agree with that. For one, it clearly gives you all the dimensions of the speakers, height, depth, etc. so you should know what to expect. I have no complaints about the size, I, like many others have limited space on their desks, or could be using these for their laptop, in that case they could be anywhere! I think the size is convienant and portable, with still having quality sound. Plus there are a lot of people who like the sleek look and don't care for all the extra accessories all over the place. These speakers meet the needs of many different users from the college student on a tight budget, to the only want to plug it in and go kind of user. It also meets many users different needs. From wanted a low cost, simple upgrade from the speakers your computer came with, to the business person who travels frequently and wants speakers for their laptop that are small and portable, but are also inexpensive so that if they are lost or damaged, the replacement cost is minimal.

They're Decent

If you want quality speakers, don't buy these. However, if you want day-to-day speakers that are easy to use and have decent quality, this is the buy. I ordered these while I was working at a summer camp so that I could plug in my iPod in the cabin. They got moved around a lot and still sounded great. Now I use them in the bathroom while showering. They still work great 7 months later. They're decent speakers for a decent price. The dial can come off easily, but I don't mind.

Yes, I do understand value and know that these speakers are very low priced. However, I expect a low price item to still function correctly. These have a constant buzz coming out of them and the headphone port is very unpredictable - it will work at times but not others. They look fine - cheap - but that's what I paid for. I didn't expect a speaker that I could listen to good music through. I only wanted the speakers so I could hear news reports and watch YouTube videos. But the constant buzz - whether they are being used or not - is just not tolerable.

Logitech S120 2 Speakers is a good buy.

from Rock River, WY

Comments about Logitech S120 2 Speakers:

In my opinion, these speakers are the best buy I've had in a long time. I've had Logitech products before, such as keyboards and mice, and they've always been durable and reliable, so I didn't hesitate to buy them. My old monitor burned out a month ago, and had the 'speaker bar' on the bottom, so I needed some speakers. I found these at a really good price online, and ordered them. They were easy to setup out of the box, though the instructions were a little odd, saying the 'pink' wire needed to go into a certain slot. Huh? No pink wire, so the instructions must have been for another similar product, lol. I've had them for a month now, and have had no problems with them at all. The sound isn't fantastic, but they're not horrible, either. I guess if you have to have stereo quality, you'd be best to pass by these. I guess you could say they're average, and are like the freebie speakers you get with a new computer. I would recommend these to friends and family without hesitation.

Logitech Speakers on the Cheap

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Logitech S120 2 Speakers:

I have a Logitech keyboard and wireless mouse, and both work very well, especially the mouse, so I had high hopes when I go the Logitech S120 speakers to replace my old computer speakers. These are definitely on the budget end of the Logitech speaker line, but they give reasonably good sound for the price. I need the speakers mainly for video chat, not for music, and they have made it easy for me to understand what the person I am talking with is actually saying--I don't have to "catch up" after every comment. I have used them some for games and video, and they are certainly lacking in the bass department but otherwise are quite passable. I have also cranked them to maximum loudness--which for these speakers is pretty underwhelming--and although they are no thumpers, at least the sound is not distorted at high volume. I certainly recommend these as "good cheap speakers," a much underappreciated category.

Logitech S120 Speakers--Good for Price and Clarity

from Salina, KS

Comments about Logitech S120 2 Speakers:

The price of these speakers is so cost effective I never would have believed that I was going to be so pleased with them.  I have speakers built in to my monitor as it is.  However, more and more I find myself listening to music or watching movies right on the PC.  I wanted something more.  I added the Logitech S120 speakers for an unbelievable price and positioned them so that I get that movie theatre feel when watching videos or movies.  I find the sound is high quality enough to enjoy music when I want to jam, such as when doing exercise.  My main exercise is running up and down my basement stairs.  The stairs are close to my home office, but you know, for me to enjoy the music while working out I need the music to override all other sounds.  These amazing little speakers do that for me with no static.  My wife thought it was a waste of money since we had the built in speakers, but now it is not rare at all for me to "catch" her using them the same way I do!  They sound awesome!

Logitech S120 2 Speakers are great inexpensive speakers

from Red Bluff, CA

OK, nut look for others

from North Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Logitech S120 2 Speakers:

Let me start by saying im a huge Logitech fan. I have at least 15 different products from them ranging from speakers, laptop coolers, remotes, and so on. I could do 10 reviews today just on there products. But these sleakers arent what i thought they would be.From the start I wasnt happy. All the wires, the hock ups to the laptop, just a pain. Once I did get them working, there ok, but to be honest, I went to Sams, and purchased a pair of Bose speakers for my laptop, and im glad I did, because they were cheap, (for Bose) and they sound great. Also, no wires all over the place!

logitech s120 2 speakers are fabulous

from Jersey City, NJ

Comments about Logitech S120 2 Speakers:

Ever since I replaced my dell speakers with the logitech s120 speakers the sound has been superior. I no longer get static or hissing noise's which were a common thing with the speakers that came with my dell computer. I no longer have trouble adjusting the level of the volume while streaming live tv or video via the internet. I also noticed that they are space saving on my desk and the area around the room is filled with sound not like the origonial speakers where I would have to move the speakers around to find the correct place for the best listening of what I was watching. The old speakers were also very bulky and cumbersom I might also note that the length of the speaker wires on my new ligitech s120 speakers is considerably longer than my speakers that came with the computer which limited my placement of the speakers to the point of frustration. This frustration is not a problem any more. More noteably the Logitech s120 speakers work with my HP laptop which affords me the luxury of traveling with a small sound system with large speaker sound.

great speakers

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Logitech S120 2 Speakers:

these speakers work great everything sounds crystal clear and i love it its so amazing i can't beleive i got it for such a cheap price, its so simple to use, only a plugin play and its even very durable, i dropped it on the way home and it barely took a dent, i love these speakers and would suggest it to anyone who is looking for a new speaker set, its just the best possible brand you could buy, logitech is such a trustworthy computer accessory brand and everything they make is the best for you the customer and they have just such great customer service i asked how much i should be paying for such a product and they came up with an answer in less than 600000000000000000000 seconds and everything was just so crystal clear and awesome like these speakers i definitely suggest them i mean the sound isn't mediocre at all its just how i imagined everyhting woud be, with these speakers my life is just so much better.

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Logitech S120 2 Speakers:

Not great, but good for the price. If you use your computer to watch low quality youtube videos, or you listen to music as background while doing other task on the PC, these are good, and the price is right. If you watch DVDs or play PCs games that focus on sound immersion, you probably need to spend more money.

Logitechs best speakers

from Kapolei, HI

Comments about Logitech S120 2 Speakers:

I have heard people say logitech isn't one of those good speker brands out there but i totally disagree.Many people enjoy the bose spekers but in my opinion, logitechs s120 speakers are actually better than some bose spekers.I have tested the sound quality on these speakers and compared it to bose speakers and it actually sounded a lot better and clearer.The speaker are remarkably light and has 2 inputs.1 input latch and 1 output latch.both are labeled with red and black colors like normal speakers.But overall,these speakers are truly amazing.you have to hear them for yourself to see the diffrence in sound quality.The speakers body structur is great to.made out of high quality nylon plastic giving it a shiny yet durable look.Having only 2 spekers makes whatever your listening to sound real.I used these speakers to hook up to my tv for testing and it actually sounded like i was there in the movie.great bang for the buck.HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

eeeeh

from Spring, TX

Comments about Logitech S120 2 Speakers:

Logitech is not a bad brand. These particular speakers, sure, they are inexpensive and small, but honestly, the sound is a bit mediocre. I mean, it's ok for laptops and PCs if you can't afford or don't want something better...but still...