Other Computer Mice:
910-001259
Logitech G500 Mouse

Logitech G500 Mouse

• Comfort:

A very good mouse for gaming and general use

I purchased this mouse to replace my Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer, which finally bit the dust after many years of service (and abuse, unfortunately). I've been extremely satisfied with my purchase so...Read complete review

I purchased this mouse to replace my Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer, which finally bit the dust after many years of service (and abuse, unfortunately). I've been extremely satisfied with my purchase so far.

The mouse feels very comfortable in my hand, which is tought to find, since I have fairly large hands, and many mice force me to use the claw grip. The buttons all feel very responsive, and movement on a pad (even my terrible grubby one) is very smooth. My one complaint is that some of the side buttons feel difficult to reach from a natural position, but I've had that problem with other mice as well, so it may just be me. The ability to switch between a free spinning scroll wheel and one that's restrained is handy for scrolling through long documents quickly. I haven't really utilized the ability to switch the movement speed on the fly, but it's available if you're a more advanced user than I.

The mouse comes with a removable weight tray and a set of several weights, allowing fine adjustment within a range of additional weight. I put the maximum possible weight in and haven't really taken it out since, but if you're someone who needs finer adjustment, it's available.

The construction feels quite durable, and even without the additional weights, the mouse has a nice heavy feel to it. The cord appears to be constructed of some kind of weave rather than the standard rubber/plastic. I'm not sure how much benefit that adds, but it looks like it would be able to handle some punishment.

Overall I'd say it's worth the money.

Logitech G500 - Accurate, comfortable mouse but missing part

I recently switched to the Logitech G500 mouse after many years of boycotting Logitech products because of bad experiences with their drivers many years ago. It was recommended to me by a friend and the price and features seemed to be exactly what I was looking for.

I am pleased with the performance and features of the mouse. It worked as a Plug 'n Play device right out of the box. There is no need to install extra software, though it's necessary for advanced features, such as programming macros. The mouse has back and forward buttons for web browsing, a scroll wheel with a button that changes its speed from very fast to a slower and more precise speed, buttons that adjust the dpi located right on the mouse, and it's very precise and feels good in my hand. It's a bit larger than a normal mouse, but this hasn't been a problem for me.

Another feature is the weight tray. The mouse comes with weights and is supposed to come with a tray to put them in so that you may change the weight to whatever feels best. Mine was missing the tray and Googling the issue shows this to be a common problem. This is the reason for the 'Average' review. I have yet to receive a response from Logitech.

best mouse ive had yet

Comments about Logitech G500 Mouse:

This is easily the best Logitech mouse yet. I own both the G5 and G9, and settled on the G5 as my primary mouse some time ago.

Performance-wise, it's technically better than the G9 and noticeably superior to the G5. The Setpoint software that is used with the G500 is also different from that of the G5, allowing for more control over the mouse.

Pros:
-Better placement of the dpi increase/decrease buttons. It is now easier to change your dpi while gaming without awkwardly readjusting your hand position
-Smooth finish makes cleaning easier and increases overall comfort
-Hyperfast scrolling feature. Very useful when scrolling down through long documents or websites

Cons:
-When in click-to-click scrolling mode, the scrolling is a little too sensitive which can be troublesome if you are playing a first-person shooter that uses the scroll wheel to change weapons.

• Comfort:

Great wired mouse that works well for gaming.

Comments about Logitech G500 Mouse:

This is one of Logitech's best gaming mouse for a decent price range. Has over 9 configurable buttons and allows for custom profiles that get triggered with different applications.

This mouse works pretty well. It polls at a pretty high rate and thus is great for twitch heavy gaming. The drivers provided with the mouse allow for the use of macro's with all of its buttons.

I have had this product twice now. Generally it lasts me about a year or so. The company, Logitech, will replace products for free (no cost for shipping either) if there is a problem such as when a mouse button stops working but a receipt of purchase for this is required. That said, the mouse buttons will wear out over time depending on how heavily you use them (for gaming purposes).

The mouse is designed for right handed people in mind. It is easy to hold and maneuver and also has a nice texture to it so that your grip on it will not slip. It is also a wired device so if you are looking for wireless, this won't be for you.

Comfort
The mouse works well for right handed individuals though it won't be comfortable for left handed individuals. There is a slight indent in its design so that the thumb can rest on the mouse and this is strictly for right handed people. Left handed people might find this uncomfortable.

this is a good mouse

Comments about Logitech G500 Mouse:

so this mouse is very very very good in my opinion. it is a wired mouse and it has different dmi levels 3 times. so it can be useful for playing games on the computer or if you just like wired in mouses and feel old school. this mouse is stylish with a camo color. in all nice mouse

• Comfort:

Decent mouse for gaming. Tracking is good.

Comments about Logitech G500 Mouse:

This mouse is good for general uses and mild gaming. At time it can be a bit over sensitive. Changing the response rate does help but there needs to be a fourth level. One to be set inbetween 2-3. Buttons are responsive. Adding weights to this mouse do make it feel better than a lot of other "gaming" mice.

Speed is an issue. Sometime too sensitive and at others it is not sensitive enough. Wishing for a middle ground between levels 2-3 for tracking speed.

Other than having to clean the lens often this mouse is durable. Cleans easily.

Mouse is comfortable even for my small hands. Buttons are well placed and of good durability. I have dropped this a few times on accident and it just works. The stiff cable is a mixed bag of frustration and delight. The length is nice but the stiffness is a bit cumbersome and does tend not to let you move freely if objects are in the way of the cord. A thinner more flexible cable would be a better choice in my opinion.

Comfort
        Mouse is comfortable even for my small hands. Was using a trackball before and this is a lot more comfortable to me. The textured sides are a nice touch so fingers do not go sliding around. Not too keen on the pattern on this mouse tho. Not to my taste. Would like an option for a plain or solid mouse color instead.

Logitech G500 - Couldn't ask for More

from Parsons, KS

Comments about Logitech G500 Mouse:

Over all, I love this mouse! Years ago my husband splurged and bought me a Logitech G5. I declared it my favorite mouse ever and hated using anything else. Sadly, when the G5 died the only way to get a replacement was on the second hand market and the prices were outrageous. I did some research and found that the G500 was the replacement model for the G5 so I decided to give it a try. It works just as well, and in some cases even better! This mouse is perfect for gaming and graphic design work. My favorite features are the ability to control the speed of the mouse and that it is weighted. Anything else feels cheap to me now!

• Comfort:

Good quality mouse for the serious gamer

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Logitech G500 Mouse:

This mouse is for serious gamers. It's got 5 dpi settings that can be activated on the fly. The dpi settings are created and adjusted using Logitech's software, which comes with the mouse. The max dpi is almost 6,000 dpi!! How is multiple dpi settings relevant to the consumer? Well, you could have your lowest dpi setting (which will be indicated on the mouse by an led) be set to a dpi fitting for desktop and email use. Your other 4 dpi settings can be arranged for the type of games you play. If you are playing an FPS shooter game and need accuracy, you can decrease your dpi in-game. If you switch to a RTS game which requires quick mouse movement (for example, SC2), then you could opt for your 4th or 5th (highest) dpi setting. The scroll wheel comes with a lock and unlock button that allows you to freespin the wheel (good for webpages that are very long). Lastly, the mouse comes with adjustable weights that allow you to custom tailor the mouse's weight to your needs! Again, this is a very serious mouse. The one downside to this mouse is that with frequent use the black paint texture on the sides of the mouse will start peeling off. It's not too bad but I did notice it after 4 months of heavy mouse use.

Fantastic Mouse for the Money

from Arcadia, CA

Comments about Logitech G500 Mouse:

When you're buying a set of PC mice and you tend to game a lot, the question has always been - which mouse?

Logitech's G500 is their newest offering, a replacement to the popular G5. The G500 delivers pretty much what you expect in a mouse - fast, ample speed with good accuracy, a comfortable grip, and wonderuflly clicky buttons with a fantastic switchable scroll wheel. In all respects, the G500 shared a common resemblance to the G5, with body paint on the top shell that can be occasionally prone to wearing out (depends on how much you sweat). The side thumb rest is sand paper textured, which might sound painful at first, but allows for a tighter grip. Eventually, the roughness wears out and the mouse becomes perfectly comfortable to hold, which along with the added weights allows you to custom tune your mouse to your precise fit. The DPI switching is convenient, and the scroll wheel makes scrolling plenty easier at times.

The best part about this mouse is the fact that it's almost on sale and can be had for between 30-40. Amazing value!

Logitech's G500 Mouse Makes You A Winner

from Diamond Bar, CA

Comments about Logitech G500 Mouse:

After my five-year old Microsoft Intellipoint mouse died, I was at a loss--I had never had a mouse that was so accurate, reliable, and durable before. Unfortunately, that model was discontinued, so I was forced to go find a new mouse. After trying several which were unsatisfactory, I decided to take a chance on Logitech's G500 series and I haven't looked back since.

The first thing you notice about the G500 is that it was designed with gamers in mind. It's highly accurate DPI mouse sensor makes gaming a breeze, especially for those who need pinpoint accuracy for first-person shooters or real-time strategy games. Second, the ergonomics that went into the design make the mouse a joy to hold--it's solid yet sleek feeling make it extremely comfortable to hold in marathon gaming sessions, and it's highly customizable to individual needs. You can even add weights to the mouse to make it suit your playing style!

A highly recommend you buy this mouse!

Can't beat the g500

from Hockessin, DE

Comments about Logitech G500 Mouse:

I know a lot of people out there are probably wondering why on earth you would spend 35-40 bucks on a WIRED mouse, but once you use it you'll realize how dumb those doubters are.

This mouse beats any other mouse in its price range hands on in terms of sensitivity and usability. On the default sensitivity mode it seems to know where ever it is you want to go. The cursor stops on a dime and the bottom feet do a good job of reducing friction. In addition to the wonderful sensitivty, you have the option of switching the sensitivity whenever you want with the press of a button. Press it and it gets more sensitive and it cycles through 3 sensitivity modes. In addition to that you can also use the hyper scrolling function to scroll through long pdfs or word docs or webpages effortlessly. You click down on the mouse wheel and it unlocks and one flick lets it scroll for ages. When you combine this with fastestfox on firefox, websites with next page formats like blogs will just load effortlessly.

GREAT mouse with Great support. I destroyed my mouse while moving, called up logitech and they replaced it no questions asked. GET ONE.

i use it everyday

from Tustin, CA

Comments about Logitech G500 Mouse:

This is a mouse that sees use every single day of my house. I literally use it for hours at a time and it is working just like I purchased it yesterday. The G500 is really a workhouse type of mouse and it can really endure a lot. This mouse has some lights on it which tell you some information about what speed and sensitivity you have it on a frankly I do not know much about this topic but the information is readily available online. I've never looked into it because out-of-the-box the g500 has functioned perfectly and there was no need for me to temper with the settings. All the relevant features of the mouse is quite apparent just by looking at it. Unlike Apple mouses Logitech always uses two buttons for clicking, the left click in the right click. There is also of course the scrolling mouse conveniently located adjacent to the left and right quick.