Other Baby Musical Toys:
Little Tikes
Little Tikes Tap A Tune Piano

Little Tikes Tap A Tune Piano

This Tap-A-Tune toy will bring your child a lot of joy!

For my son's first birthday he received the **Little Tikes Children's Baby Tap-A-Tune Toy **as a gift.  From the moment we opened it, he absolutely loved it.  A couple of years later when my second son was born, he inherited this toy and loved it just as much.

**The Tap-A-Tune Piano**

According to the manufacturer, the Baby Tap-a-Tune Piano offers big fun with four colorful, easy-to-press keys that keep baby amused and learning to love music! Its pure sounding notes go up or down the scale. And the smooth, gently rounded corners make it ideal for baby's first instrument.  Recommended for ages 6 months to 3 years.

**My Experience**

I don't particularly like toys that make a lot of noise but this toy is at just the right volume and makes a light clinking sound.  The keys are large and colorful which kept my children interested.  They loved being able to independently make the piano work by just tapping the keys.  Over the years between the two of my sons, this toy took quite a beating. Eight years later, it is still going strong.  Just yesterday I was getting a box of baby toys together to give to the Rescue Mission and when I came across this one, I just couldn't bear to let it go.  It is in perfect condition and my six year old said he wanted to keep it too.

**My Final Viewpoint**

The **Little Tikes Children's Baby Tap-A-Tune Toy **is a durable fun toy that my children loved when they were little and still like today.  It is a great way for your child to get their first taste of independence.  I recommend this toy and am giving it a 5 star rating.

*****If you like this toy, check out my reviews on a couple of other great Little Tikes products: ***[***Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest***][1] *** and the ***[***Little Tikes Cozy Coupe II Car***][2] ***.***

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Little-Tikes-Giant-Toy-Chest-review-2335
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Little-Tikes-Cozy-Coupe-review-ea3f

This Tap a Tune will last until your kid is in high school

You don't find many toys that last anymore, but this toy has withstood my twins for 3 years now.  They STILL enjoy it every now and then, even though it's more of an infant toy.  Kids can pound til their heart is content and it will not break.

I also like that it has colors on it.  When my kids were about 18 months we would ask them to hit certain colors, etc.  My kids also love music so they love pounding out their own tunes.

This isn't a toy that will hold their interest for hours, but it's a fun little diversion.

Holds up well for the little ones!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Little Tikes Tap A Tune Piano:

I purchased this item used at a second hand shop. It held up well for being a used toy. It is very sturdy and strong. The materials used in this won't break easily, even if your kids are slamming the keys. Ours lasted for years. Babies can be rough with it and it will still stand the test. It's a good size. It isn't too small or two big. It fits well on a bookshelf. It's easy for kids to hold onto and the keys are a good size so they can push them individually. It is very colorful and bright which will attract kids to it. The sound in it is pretty loud. My kids would love making up their own "songs". They can tap the keys and even tap the top with something to make noise/music. I would use this again if I had another kid or would even buy it as a gift. It kept the little guys entertained and it was fun to watch them moving and bopping around to the music as they pushed down the keys. It's all around a fun little toy that will keep them busy and having a good time.

Great toy for your child!

from Dover, PA

Comments about Little Tikes Tap A Tune Piano:

The Little Tikes Tap A Tune Piano is a great toy for any child! Your little one will love this little colorful toy. One thing I love about this toy is that it's not TOO loud, such as other xylophones and pianos I've bought over the years. It's the perfect size as well! A must-buy for your little one!

Little pianoest

Comments about Little Tikes Tap A Tune Piano:

The Little Tikes Tap a Tune Piano is perfect for an infant that loves to be creative. The bright and fun colors draws your child in while the actuall piano will keep them entertained. Although there are only four keys to push, your child will be creating ranges if music all day long.

Great For son

Comments about Little Tikes Tap A Tune Piano:

My son was born with a rare brain disorder. He is almost two years old, but is developmentally at the age of a 2-3 month old. He still does not talk, walk, crawl, sit up on his own, etc. My son can not play with toys other kids his age can. I have noticed my son enjoys the simpler toys such as this toy piano. My son loves listening to music, and the bright colors grab his attention. I can teach him the different colors or WE can play music together. If they sold the piano with other colors such as pastel colors that would be great because i could teach my son other colors. The keys are nice and Big that he can play the piano or he can hear mommy playing music For him. My son Also Gets a kick out of the keys popping up. Sometimes he likes tapping on the keys with his own fingers/hands or with a stick i put in his hand. The piano is not very Big, so it is easy to carry around. Many Times i take it with us on trips....i just toss it in my suitcase. This is a great learning toy.

Fun Learning Toy for Little Fingers!

Comments about Little Tikes Tap A Tune Piano:

Such a fun toy for little hands. Well made and durable. Bought this toy for my one year old son's birthday, and he has absolutely loved it. He is still playing with a year later. The simple notes are easy for them to play, while learning to explore music and sound. It isn't too loud, so it isn't very annoying for parent's ears. Would definitely recommend this toy for little ones a year and older.

Cute musical toy (and it's not annoying!)

from Hampton, GA

Comments about Little Tikes Tap A Tune Piano:

I got this at my baby shower for my son. It was a fast favorite of his and mine. His because it was easy and small enough for him. Mine because there are only a few notes and the sounds were pleasant enough. Most toys today are computerized and automatic, he had to work to make the noise and he liked that. I liked that too because it was not a toy that kept playing the same song/tune over and over.

My daughter also liked it when she was little. I liked it for the same reason. It really helped both of them understand cause and effect on a deeper level, not just, "If I hit this button, I'll hear a song." They had to hit the buttons to make the sound and it was fun.

The design is so cute. I remember how much I loved my little piano when I was a kid. This one is so fun, I would play on it to. The kids thought it was great to hear, "Mary had a Little Lamb," and sing along. That is the extent of my musical ability, so this little thing suited us perfectly. What a great little gift!!

A true classic!

from Florissant, MO

Comments about Little Tikes Tap A Tune Piano:

My babies greatly enjoy this classic - from banging objects on it when first received around 5months, to using single fingers on it now, at 15mos.

I love how durable and sturdy the construction is. I have no fear of it becoming unsafe during rough play with my older two, or the plastic becoming brittle.

Great, simple toy!

A fun toy for little musicians!

from Simpsonville, SC

Comments about Little Tikes Tap A Tune Piano:

The Little Tikes Childrens Baby Tap A Tune Toy is great fun for little musicians.  It is colorful and has a nice sound.  All three of my young children, aged 1-7, enjoy making music with it.  It is a great addition to your instrument collection and will be loved for a long time.

good for all ages

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Little Tikes Tap A Tune Piano:

This is just a great and simple toy.  It's small, so you can take it in the car.  It offers open-ended imaginitive play.  No bells or electronic wistles.  My twins have played with it and loved it since age 1.  They are now 2 1/2 and haven't gotten tired of it.

Finnally Bought it and he loves it just as he does in the store.

from Bolivia, NC

Comments about Little Tikes Tap A Tune Piano:

My oldest always liked to play with this while in the store when we were shopping. I never bought it. I always put it back. When my youngest came along he liked to play with it too. If he saw it on the shelf he would go crazy to play with it. I finaly bought it for my youngest sone 1st birthday. Both of my boys have played and played with this piano like crazy. They love it just as much at home as they have in the store. I am so glad to have finally bought it. Sometimes it is the simplest toys that keep their attention the most. Especially the babies. It helps them learn to like music and an interest for it and it is fun to play with yourself. I would recomend this time and time again. Great product.