Other Baby Cold & Fever Reliefs:
Little Noses
Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops

Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops

Cons

A real necessity - Little Noses Saline Drops!

After my first baby, I used to mess with that blue bulb syringe that they give you in the hospital. It was like torture to my poor little baby, having to get his nose cleaned out! There must be an easier way! This is it - the saline drops. All of my babies have had a little of the normal newborn stuffiness. It is super easy to take care of with these drops - and much less trauma to the baby. I just put a couple drops in each nostril once or twice a day while I am changing a diaper. Almost always, my baby will sneeze and my yucky stuff in her nose will come right out. No need to search around with a bulb syringe. My baby does not seem to be bothered at all with these drops. My doctor told me that they are safe to use as frequently as needed - and he even recommends using these drops over a syringe. He said that it is not necessary to every use a syringe. These drops also come in handy when my child gets a cold to help clear the nose - but I make sure each child has their own bottle by writing their names on them with a sharpie.

Effective but torturous

Whenever your baby gets a cold, you really do not have many options as far as helping to relieve his or her congestion. I have used these Little Noses saline drops and found that they are quite effective in helping to break up congestion, but after two children I know that it is nearly impossible to go through the process of putting the drops into their noses and aspirating them without a lot of screaming and crying.  The fact that it works and is safe for them outweighs the fight, but it still stinks to have to do it.  I do recommend using a saline drop for your baby when he/she is congested, but if you ask your child's pediatrition, he/she will probably give you a formula to make them yourself, which of course is much more cost effective since it's only salt and water!  If you cannot stand the crying associated with this solution, you might want to try using an aspirator and humidifer together to loosen up congestion.

A must have !

from Orange Virginia

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Safe

• Young Children

Comments about Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops:

Great product to have around ! Stuffy noses are no problem as long as you have this saline spray ! Safe for babies and very helpful !

• Was this a gift?:

Works well!

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Makes using a bulb easier
    • moisturizes dry noses

• All Ages

Comments about Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops:

Little noses saline drops work great for dry or stuffy noses. When my kids get a cold they absolutely hate having their noses plugged up. I have found using these gentle saline drops alleviates the build up. For younger kids you can either put a drop in or you can squeeze the bottle harder and get a fine spray. After you add some drops they can either blow their noses or you can use a nose bulb to get out the yucky boogers. This is very gentle and effective. Its good to have on hand for colds, dry winter time noses, and allergies. I have used it on all my kids and they all dont mind the spray in the nose. After they use it once and realize how well it works they will probably like it like my kids.

• Was this a gift?:

Little Remedies is great!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops:

I absolutely love the Little Remedies line of kids products! I love that the products are safe and natural and safe for kids to use. I especially love the Little Noses saline drops.
      My son suffers from allergies and colds and his doctor recommended saline drops to help break up any mucus inside his nose and when he's stuffy it really helps to use Little remedies saline drops. It helps him breathe easier at night and get more rest. I always have some of this on hand for when his allergies start acting up.
      I would actually recommend keeping this on hand for any mothers with young kids at home. Last year my son shoved some pizza crust up his nose and it was stuck. I couldn't reach it with any tools or get him to blow it out so I read online to use saline drops to loosen it and it worked! I was able to get the pizza crust loosened and get him to blow it into a tissue so the saline drops definitely helped us avoid a late night emergency room visit.
      I would definitely recommend Little Noses saline drops for multipurpose use and it would make a great thing to have in an emergency kit!

This helps clear out my daughter's nose.

Comments about Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops:

My husband's aunt uses this all the time on her daughters whenever they had a cold and she swore that it worked really well at clearing out their nose. So when my daughter got sick I used it on her. I felt bad because she was only one month old when she caught her first cold. I heard her little sniffling and she was coughing because the mucus would fall down her throat. I took her to her pediatrician and I asked him if he thinks I should use it on her. He said I could but he tried it on his daughter and it was more of a hassle and messy. I tried it anyway and I think it worked really good. I sprayed it in each nostril and it wasn't messy at all. I was able to get her little boogers out and she was able to breathe through her nose for awhile. I had to do it a couple more times but as long as she was able to breathe comfortable, I was happy. She caught another cold last week and I used it again and she was fine after. So I always keep it handy because it's a big necessity.

Keeps my little ones noses clear!

Comments about Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops:

My son and daughter get stuffy noses on a more than frequent basis, and it causes a lot of rough nights for my family. I love using the Little Noses Saline Spray for keeping their noses clear, and helping them to breathe clear through the day and night. The spray is a little more expensive, but it is made specifically for little ones, so I felt a lot better using it than the "adult" brands.

Very useful for babies and toddlers

Comments about Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops:

This is one of those products that I was a little skeptical of at first. However, after seeing how well it worked with my first child, I now buy this as part of my baby shower packages of 'favorite baby things' to give to friends and family having babies. Although it is not necessarily very pleasant for the little one, it doesn't seem extremely uncomfortable, and it definitely does the job of loosening hardened mucus to clear the nasal passage. I have never used the spray feature, but I lay my children down on their backs and then gently squeeze a few drops into their noses. After about thirty seconds to a minute, I am able to extract the mucus pretty thoroughly and they are always much more comfortable afterwards. When my toddler gets really congested and stuffy, she has actually requested I use the nasal drops on her so she can breathe better again. It is an affordable price and one of my most trusted baby products.

Little Noses Saline Drops

Comments about Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops:

These saline drops are great! I even bought some for myself. When my second child was a baby, he constantly had a runny nose. I didn't know what to do for him. He was so little, and he didn't like breathing out of his nose. I would use the bulb syringe they sent home with us from the hospital, but there was always mucus way up in his nose that I couldn't get out. He was miserable, so I went to the drug store to see what I could find. The pharmacist recommended these saline drops above all the others. The first time I bought them, they came with a little bulb syringe. It didn't really help, so I still use the one I got from the hospital. These really helped his nose though. I would lay him back and put a couple of drops in his nose. I waited a few minutes, and then sucked the mucus out. His nose was so clear! As he got older, I was able to squirt it up his nose, and that worked even better. I stocked up on a few bottles when they were on sale, and I even use them for myself when I have a cold!

A lifesaver for winter months!

Comments about Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops:

Little noses saline drops have been so helpful. Mostly during this winter with my little girl's cold. She's eight months now but she had some congestion issues when she was three months old. We used little noses saline drops for her congestion and still use it every now and then for those boogies that get dry and hard. Some people don't know exactly how to use these drops. What you need to do is lay your baby vertically on your legs and tilt your knees down slightly to see inside baby's nose and help the drops drop in. You only need two drops per nostril and you cannot use saline drops more than three days in a row otherwise it can cause problems with the linings in your baby's nose. Same idea with saline drops as with nose suckers: You don't want to blow air directly into your baby's nose. So don't "spray" it into the baby's nose. Spraying releases air as well as the saline liquid. Remember to suck out boogies at least one minute after dropping the liquid in. All in all little noses saline drops are useful anytime and anywhere.

A must have

Comments about Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops:

I have a daughter and she is sick a lot. Using the snot sucker is not only gross, but very difficult to use on a young child. My daughters doctor recommended we buy Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops and I did. I will say, it is a little difficult at first to get my daughter to understand what we were doing to her and have her let us stick it in her nose, but the end result was wonderful. Plus, once you spray the saline spray, you can use the snot sucker and you will get a lot more out. I know that sounds gross, but it is a part of life and I feel like it is good to get this information. Saline is also very safe. It is just salt water. No harm will come to your child when using this product. Just make sure to not get it in their eyes. That could sting. I had to lay my daughter down a few times to make sure it get up her nose really good. It is a spray so you shouldn't have too many problems, but if your child moves around a lot, you may want to try to lay them down. I would recommend this product to anyone. It is a wonderful product.

Must-have for moms of newborns!

from Draper, UT

Comments about Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops:

I love this stuff! Seriously. I sent my husband to the store late one night because my older child had poored it all out, and my baby needed it. I use it when my baby seems to have a stuffy nose. I just put a drop in each nostril and use a suction bulb to remove any mucous. My baby usually cries when I clean out his nose, but he feels so much better afterward and can breathe easier. I also use it if there is a stubborn bugger that won't come out with the suction bulb. The saline loosens things up nicely and right away. I live in a drier climate, so being able to help my baby have a little moisture in his nasal passages is so nice. Sometimes the humidifier just isn't enough!