3.1
Littermaid Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box LM700

Littermaid Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box LM700

3.1

Best Litter Box Louie & I Ever Had

This electric litter pan has made my life much easier and saves me time everyday. While it may be pricy compared to your standard plastic litter pan, by scooping up the poop after every time the kitty goes in the littler box and putting it in a plastic container you can go about 4 days or so(depending upon how much your cat eats) before having to clean the container out. You do have to plug the unit in or use batteries, which can get costly. When I had 2 cats this was a big help - - now with one, it is a luxury but well worth it.

Littermaid Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box: What a Mess

I was so fascinated by the Littermaid Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box when it first came out. I thought it would my answer to all the litter problems a typical cat owner has. Needless to say created more problems and more of a mess than what I had hoped for or expected.

When I bought mine, it was extremely expensive, but I thought if it works well, then it is worth the money. First let's discuss the rake/scooper that automatically goes across to scoop up the feces and clumping litter. I am willing to overlook the loud and obnoxious sound for something that works. My cat was in no way afraid of, but then again he is adaptable to everything. My problem was the fact that if the litter was uneven in its level just a smidgen, the rake with go back and forth and back and forth.....and you get the drift. It will not stop. I can't count how many times I have come home from work to find it going back and forth and wondering how long it was it doing for. It can be quite annoying to have to tend to it every time, because my kitty likes to move his litter around. Oh and I forgot to mention that the rake frequently holds some waste that will not come off. I would have to constantly clean that up.

Then there is the clean up of the waste container. The containers are really pricey, so it is smart to recycles and reuse every so often, and this can be done. Either way, every time I changed the receptacle, liter would fly all over the place on the floor, on me, and in my eye (disgusting)...not very sanitary!

After a few months, I was done with this thing. I had hoped for something better, but this fell way short. It was more of a hassle than a help.

This is a Must Have for Cat(s)

Comments about Littermaid Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box LM700:

I have used this litter box with one cat, two cats, and even three cats. With three cats it needs to be cleaned a lot, but for one cat, it is just about as easy as life can get with an indoor cat. My favorite thing about it is I can go out of town for 2-3 days and the litter box is fresh for my cat the entire time I'm gone. I use Tidy Cats brand and it works perfect (and I've been using it in the Littermaid for years). I tried the Littermaid brand of litter that was recommended once and it was the most awful stuff I have ever seen. It attracted gnats or flies (can't remember, I just know it attracted some insect!), smelled, and did not clump. Just buy Tidy Cats, it works just perfect. Tuck a grocery bag into the box that catches the litter and tuck the bag around the top before you set it in place. This makes clean-up super easy, and it makes the "disposable" boxes last longer. Cleaning is not bad or as gross as it seems - unscrew the teeth, dump them in hot, soapy water, and rinse. Wipe everything else down, just like you have to do with a regular litter box. Be careful to not get water in the track - there is a sensor in there and I had a friend "clean" the box for me and he got water on the sensor, which killed it. I had to buy another one and it has worked flawlessly for a few years now.

great idea. no tfor diggers and throwers

from Meredith, NH

Comments about Littermaid Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box LM700:

This is my second litter maid. Right from the start I used crystal because I did not want to go back to clumping. The cats liked crystals and so did I. The walls are not quite high enough for diggers and throwers. The sissy cat was too afraid to walk over the collection area. I thought by now they would have enclosed those wires that run along the side. If they would combine a littermaid with a smart cat box litter collection for diabetic cats it would be heaven I see now they have specialty box for crystals. What is the difference?

It's not nearly as great as I thought it was.

Comments about Littermaid Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box LM700:

The plastic top lid never stays and shuts on the bottom plastic waste receptacle and then it just drops everything on it. Then it closes on top of that and I have more cleaning sometimes then it is worth. All the poop is stuck underneath the plastic moving part. Also after one day of not throwing out the plastic containers it begins to smell. I am not impressed with this product.

Good idea, needs a few improvements.

from Davenport, IA

Comments about Littermaid Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box LM700:

The litterbox is a wonderful idea however, my one cat will not use it because of the motor noise and the other one can't seem to keep her hind end inside the box so most of the waste ends up on the floor.  The prongs gets caked with the moist litter and you have to stop it to scrape it off or the rakes keep going on and on.

Not all it's cracked up to be....

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Littermaid Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box LM700:

Went through 2 of these in 6 months... First one the motor burnt out (boy did that stink!) when the rake got stuck.  And yes, I sprayed the box with non-stick cooking spray like the manufacturer said to!  The second one got stuck and tried to reverse while my kitty was behind the rake, he promptly attacked the wire knowing I guess that it was what was pulling it back and zapped himself.  He's ok but I no longer recommend Littermaid!

Having 5 cats, this seemed like the answer to my prayers.

from Abington, MA

Comments about Littermaid Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box LM700:

This litter box seemed like something I could really use. Having 5 cats, it would be wonderful to have a couple of litter boxes that do all the work and all I have to do is throw away a plastic bag. However, buying these litter boxes was a big mistake. The rakes got so clumped it wouldn't even work. There was a constant odor about the boxes, even though it was raked often, but not very well. And doing a once a week complete cleaning was at least an hours work. it was so difficult to take it apart to clean. I would not recommend this litter box to anyone.

natures miracle

from Round Lake, NY

Comments about Littermaid Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box LM700:

hi my name is SARA i have always had cats in my life from the time i was a small child on, I remember my mom always saying these cats are so messy and hate cleaning the litter box, when i found a self cleaning litter box i said it was natures miracle, no smell, easy to clean ,looks nice, and most of all no mess. my mom no longer complains,and everyone is happy especially our cats.

Not for people with more than two cats

from Novelty, OH

Comments about Littermaid Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box LM700:

I bought three of these when we moved into out new home. At first I really liked them, but soon they began to get stuck, were messier to clean, and could not handle multiple cats. I know they are not advised for people with more than two cats, but I though three boxes would be enough. I went back to scoopable litter and I bought a surround.

A MUST for multiple cat households

from Janesville, MN

Comments about Littermaid Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box LM700:

The one thing you have to realize when you purchase ANYTHING is that EVERYTHING requires some kind of regular maintenance if it is to survive.  This is one fact that many people sadly forget when they see "Automatic" in the description of a product.  Yes this does scoop the litter into a tray, but on the flip side, it doesn't have a little rag to wipe itself down every few days.  I have bought dozens of these over the past 5 years for myself, family and friends.  I have ZERO complaints about them, infact I have had requests that I fix the ones that have worn out.  We have 4 cats in our home at our farm and they never go outside simply because they don't like it out in the big bad world.  We finally had to get 2 of them and now I only change them 2 times a week at the most.  I can't believe we lived so long without one of these...WHAT WERE WE THINKING!!!

The answer to the "litterbox smell" problem

from Idaho Falls, ID

Comments about Littermaid Automatic Self Cleaning Litter Box LM700:

We love this, and so does our now spoiled cat.  I hate cleaning the litter-box, but I hate the litter-box smell worse.  I bought this as a splurge, and now recommend it to everyone with a cat.  I have to clean the litter-box about every 5 days.  We have a huge male kitty, so as he's grown, the time between cleanings has shortened.  That's not a real problem, just the fact of owning a big kitty.  He loves that his litter is always clean.  He even goes there to cough up his hairballs.  There is still a minute of basic cleaning that must be done, but the whole process is really easy.  I did have to call customer support, so I learned a few tricks.  If you have questions about yours, don't hesitate to call them, just clean it out first, it will be a lot easier on you that way.  I love how the house never smells like kitty poo.  Well, it does for about 5 minutes after he goes, until the automatic rake starts.  But I can always go run the rake if I need to with just the push of a button.  I highly recommend this for any indoor cat owner.