Other Mouthwashes:
Mouthwash
Listerine
Listerine Zero Mouthwash

Listerine Zero Mouthwash

Listerine Zero is my new favorite mouthwash!

I'm really picky about what types of mouth washes that I buy/use, and typically I avoid Listerine washes since they tend to be TOO powerful and cause my tongue to become sensitive, burn my mouth and the after scent makes my eyes water. BUT, Listerine's "Zero" Mouthwash is definitely different.

This mouthwash contains ZERO percentage of alcohol, making it acceptable for my whole family to use it (bonus of not needing to buy 2-3 different washes at one time). The flavor is pleasant and it does a great job of leaving our breath fresh and healthy. This was recommended to be by our dentist, and I happened to have had a coupon, plus a sale prices which made this a steal to buy.

I have definitely been won over by Listerine and this Zero wash is my new favorite go to rinse.

Less is not more with Listerine Zero

We all know how intense the flavor for many Listerine products can be.  As a result I was really excited to see how **Listerine Zero **stood up to the challenge of providing great dental hygiene with less "ingredients."

What I like about **Listerine Zero: **

- it is easy to use - doesn't burn your mouth

- pleasant flavor

- effective mouthwash

We all know that all mouthwash are not created equal, but I really thought that when I bought **Listerine Zero **that I was just getting the same protection from plaque and gingivitis that regular Listerine provides, just no alcohol burn.  I was wrong,  The label says "less intense" but it is also less effective.  **Listerine Zero **is a simple mouthwash, nothing more.  Sure it works very nicely as a mouthwash, but I have known other mouthwashes that costs less and that are just as effective.  I guess in this case you are paying for the name brand of Listerine, not the all around dental hygiene protection that many other Listerine products can provide.

Clean Teeth & Fresh Breath

Comments about Listerine Zero Mouthwash:

Listerine Zero Mouthwash is my absolute favorite mouthwash! It keeps my teeth clean and my mouth fresh feeling without having to worry about getting teeth stains or having a bad aftertaste in my mouth. I personally believe Listerine as a brand makes the best mouthwash and this one came in as a great addition to the Listerine family because it is amazing. The almost clear color is great because you do not have to worry about it leaving your pearly whites with build up stains in the long run. I like that this mouthwash doesn't make your mouth feel that extreme burn that usually happens from other mouthwash products but instead this just has a lighter harshness to it when rinsing. Overall, this mouthwash is the best because it does offer many benefits to having healthy teeth and not having to worry about your next dentist visit. It leaves your mouth feeling squeaky clean every time and with extremely fresh because you can feel it doing its job as you rinse your mouth.

Alcohol Free and still seems effective

Comments about Listerine Zero Mouthwash:

I have to be honest. Oral care is probably my least favorite part of my daily routine, and even though I know how important it is, I still tend to slack off. Because of this, I decided to try purchasing some mouthwash to supplement my regular brushing and less regular flossing habits. At first, I tried the original Listerine (which contains alcohol) and found it to be way too strong and produce a painful burning sensation in my mouth. I am pretty sensitive to flavors and extreme temperatures/chemicals, so I knew the regular Listerine wouldn't work for me.

That is when I saw Listerine Zero which is advertized as having a less intense flavor and alcohol free formula. I tried it and was amazed at the difference! It did not burn my mouth and the taste was refreshing.

I try not to use mouthwash more than once or twice a week to avoid any possible negative reactions (like peeling which others have reported experiencing). At my rate of use, I have not experienced any negative reactions, but I also am diligent about rinsing with water after the mouthwash.

I cannot say with certainty that Listerine Zero is effective, but I do feel like it contributes to my better oral health, and I feel like it leaves my mouth refreshed and clean.

I would recommend this product to anyone.

Listerine Zero... less intense AND less effective

Comments about Listerine Zero Mouthwash:

I purchased Listerine Zero mouthwash because I loved the minty fresh feeling of regular Listerine, but did not like the sharp biting sensation of the alcohol. I was very excited about their "Less Intense" claim. I was using this product for several days and was so excited that I had finally found a wonderful mouthwash that did not burn my mouth. However, my husband was not pleased with this brand of Listerine. Because it does not have the alcohol or burning sensation, he feels like this product is not as effective as the regular Listerine brand. It took me a couple weeks, but now I agree with him. YES this product is less intense and more enjoyable to use as a rinse. However, it simply does not cut the bad breath smells and tastes like regular full-strength Listerine does. We quickly finished this bottle of Listerine Zero, which was easy to do because you need to use more of it to get it to work better. But from now on we will go back to purchasing regular Listerine.

Listerine Zero is my new favorite mouthwash!

from Livonia, MI

Comments about Listerine Zero Mouthwash:

Much gentler than regular Listerine!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Listerine Zero Mouthwash:

I generally use regular Listerine or a generic antiseptic mouthwash. It definitely took me a while to get used to the strong flavor of these mouthwashes. I still do not really enjoy them all that much. Sometimes it is difficult to rinse for the 30 seconds you are supposed to with those mouthwashes.

I definitely find Listerine Zero to be much gentler. There is no alcohol in it. It doesn't have the burning sensation you get with alchohol-based mouthwashes. I can easily rinse with this mouthwash for thirty seconds without wanting to spit it out early.

The only problem is that this mouthwash can be expensive. There are usually still quite a few coupons available for this product, so I recommend pairing a coupon with a sale.

Listerene Zero: Good but Too Bubbly

from Broken Arrow, OK

Comments about Listerine Zero Mouthwash:

I like this product okay. My only qulam is that it bubbles too much. As I'm sure many of you do, I also like to tilt my head back and gargle after I have rinsed for 30 seconds. The problem is that the mouth wash starts to foam voilently and I feel like I'm doing an impression of Mount Vesuvius. I still gargle with it (did I mention that I'm incredibly stubborn?) but I hold a hand over my mouth to keep the bubbles in check. That's the only bad thing I have to say about it. If you don't like the way Listerene burns, (I do) then this is definitely for you. I like it better than Crest Pro Health's mouthwash, because it dosen't leave a weird taste in my mouth or turn my tounge blue. I don't know how true it is, but I heard that dark colored mouth washes can stain your teeth. So if that is true, the light color of this stuff is another reason to like it.

Listerine Zero Mouthwash is less intense!

from Hawthorne, CA

Comments about Listerine Zero Mouthwash:

This is a product that I have been using for quite awhile now. Before I used the original Listerine which is a great product as well but the taste was always intense and burned my mouth most of the time. Once I switched to Listerine Zero Mouthwash I never experienced th strong burn that I got from the other Listerine product. The reason for that is that it has no alcohol in it which gives it a milder flavor. My breath stays fresh all day much longer than the other Listerine products. I am very satisfied with this product and would recommend it to anyone who uses mouth wash products. One thing I would like to add to this review is that the from what I have learned is that the ingredients in the original Listerine aren't as safe as the Listerine Zero ingredients.which makes Listerine Zero more appealing to consumers.

Huge bottle..... I guess it works

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Listerine Zero Mouthwash:

What can you really say about mouthwash? I have never reviewed mouthwash, probably because mouthwash is mouthwash, but I will review this a best as I can.

The bottle is HUGE, so I like that because it has good value. I think I got a 500ml bottle for 1.50 after two different coupons. I bought a bunch of these at the time, so I am stocked on this brand whether I like it or not.

The flavor is good as far as mouthwash goes. I mean if it tasted like fruit, I am guessing it would not work as well. This isn't burny like some brands, especially the origional listernine flavor. This is mellow enough for my child to use, so that is a good sign.

It is hard to say whether or not it works because I am not a dentist, but it does what I need it to do. I helps make my mouth feel clean and it also makes my breath feel fresh.

Diet trick: use mouthwas after every meal. You will be less likely to snack in between.

Listerine Zero gives fresh breath without the burn!

from Shelbyville, TN

Comments about Listerine Zero Mouthwash:

I have never been a big fan of Listerine. My view was that my mouth should not have to feel like it's on fire in order to be "clean." I remember Listerine used to have this commercial about it being worth the burn. I think not! I always felt like my gums were going to fall out of my mouth with traditional Listerine.

I decided to try Listerine Zero because it was a good deal with coupons. Listerine Zero is totally different than traditional Listerine because it is made with zero alcohol. As a result, there is no burn. It still does a great job of getting my mouth clean and doesn't leave me with the feeling my whole mouth got killed along with the bacteria. The flavor is still strong enough to freshen breath, but it is not over powering. I think the price tag is comparable to other brand name mouthwashes. There are always coupons and drugstore deals for this product, so you should be able to get it at a reasonable price. I like Listerine Zero a lot, and I would recommend it to anyone who has been turned off or overwhelmed with mouthwashes that contain alcohol. I

Listerine Zero is as Gentle as Water

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about Listerine Zero Mouthwash:

I used to be a firm believer in the adage: if mouthwash doesn't burn, then it doesn't work. Happily, after my experience with **Listerine Zero Mouthwash**, I've discovered that I don't need to experience the burn of alcohol in order to keep my mouth crystal clean.

Listerine Zero is as gentle as mint-flavored water. I was stunned when I poured the transparent, mint-green colored mouthwash into my cup and then into my mouth. No sting. Listerine Zero felt as mild as lukewarm tap water and had a pleasant, lightly-minted taste. With Listerine Zero I didn't feel the need to rinse my mouth several times like I normally do after using mouthwash. My mouth just felt clean and refreshed.

Initially, I was worried that Listerine Zero wouldn't be able to keep my gums in as good condition as my regular Listerine does. Every so often, I have small area on my gumline that is prone to slight bleeding. I noticed that Listerine Zero takes a little longer to clear it up than regular Listerine, but it wasn't a big problem. My dentist gave me the same clean bill of health no matter which Listerine mouthwash I used.

Overall, I love that I can keep my mouth healthy and fresh without irritation or burning. **Listerine Zero Mouthwash** is a gentle part of my daily oral care routine.