Other Mouthwashes:
Listerine Whitening MouthWash Pre Brush Rinse, Clean Mint 473 Ml 16 Oz

Listerine Whitening MouthWash Pre Brush Rinse, Clean Mint 473 Ml 16 Oz

Pros

Cons

This is a great whitening product, not a great mouthwash.

I am a major coffee addict so I definitely am concerned about keeping my teeth white. I have tried to use other whitening products in the past such as Crest Whitestrips. I tend to lose my patience with those little strips. I hate having to leave them on for so long, the grimey feeling they leave on your teeth, and the gum irritation they caused me. So I was excited to see this new product on sale and decided to give it a try.

First of all, this product is not intended primarily to be a mouthwash. It does not have a perfectly pleasant mint taste. However, after you use this rinse, you immediately brush your teeth so that taste is quickly gone. This product is great because you only have to swish for 60 seconds and your whitening for the day is done. You can use it up to a couple times a day, but I find that if I do at night before I go to bed, once is enough. I have noticed my teeth getting whiter and staying white. I think that this product took longer to see results than the whitestrips. If you want a quick whitening, use strips or another product. This is great for maintenance though or if you are a patient person, its great for whitening as well.

Might as well rinse with hydrogen peroxide

After using a full liter of this product, there has been no appreciable change in the whiteness of my teeth.  It does not burn like the typical Listerine product ( which IS a plus) but when I use it, my mouth foams like a rabid dog. You're supposed to rinse for 30 seconds before brushing but there is some much foam build up that I have to spit before the 30 seconds is up. When I was child, we would sometimes brush our teeth with a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. This product reeminded me so much of that! Hydrogen peroxide is MUCH cheaper so you'd be better off using a dilution of hydrogen peroxide and water if you wanted to. But, bottomline- there was no whitening effect so might as well not bother. The other thing  I hated about this product is that is caused the edges of my lips to burn and my lips became cracked.  When I stopped using the product, my lips healed quickly enough. Not something I would recommend to anyone.

Really strong taste, but not strong results.

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Listerine Whitening MouthWash Pre Brush Rinse, Clean Mint 473 Ml 16 Oz:

With Listerine Whitening Pre Brush Rinse I was not totally sold on the whitening effects. I followed the instructions and used it as a pre rinse. It did help a bit, but it didn't seem to last so it was probably just the result of brushing. The flavor, on the other hand, was much better than many other rinses on the market. It also claims to be a mouth wash. I do think that the Clean Mint flavor was successful in freshening my breath, again though, I am not sure about how long this freshening power lasted. So, as for the whitening effects, I do think it helped somewhat. It also seemed to be effective on freshening breath, although temporarily. I do feel, however, that for the money and the good flavor, it is worth it to add this to one's daily brushing routine. Unfortunately, I feel that the stronger, harsher tasting whitening mouthwashes are more effective in both freshening breath and helping to whiten teeth.

Listerine Whitening MouthWash PreBrush Rinse

This product does do its job. It will whiten teeth; but in my opinion it is a long process. I was expecting it to whiten much quicker. But the whitening stays for a longer period of time. This continues to work as long as you maintain using the product fairly consistantly.
We have tried many whitening products over the past couple of years and this one is by far the best for the reasonable price.
We didn't particually like the taste. For us it was rather strong. The mint was too overwhelming for a prebrush rinse. When it came time to brush we found it difficult bring it down a little bit so as to not be so overpowering.
In comparision Listerine Whitening Mouthwash was by far the best product we have tried. It was successful on almost every quality we were looking for; it was reasonably priced, it really does whiten your teeth, and it continues to whiten over a longer period of time.
If you want a little extra money in you pocket and a whiter smile this product is the one for you

Works Great and It Doesn't Taste Like Listerine!

from Kansas City, MO

My dentist recommended I use a pre-brush whitening rinse to cut down on stains. I hate the taste of Listerine and likely wouldn't have bought this myself. Since my husband brought it home, I tried it. I was pleasantly surprised. It tastes like a mint mouthwash. It's easier and faster than whitening strips. Unlike strips, it's an inexpensive purchase, and a bottle lasts a long time. No more fumbling with those messy strips and wearing them for 20-30 minutes, plus this wash whitens all your teeth, not just a small band in front. You swish it around, hold it for one minute, and spit out. Then you brush your teeth. I can tell the difference. So can my dentist.

Listerine Pre Brush Rinse

from Harris, MN

I had a coupon for Listerine and the regular size bottle had a small bottle attached to it so decided to try. First time, I brushed and then rinsed and then decided to read instructions. Makes the mouth foamy when swishing the Listerine back and forth in the mouth. No stinging and my mouth feels fresh. I think it is helping getting my teeth whiter. I will continue to use this product.

Listerine Whitening Mouthwash definitely whitens - at a price.

from Burleson, TX

I, like many busy moms, am always looking for ways to whiten both cheaply and quickly. This wash definitely whitens, so it does what it promises. HOWEVER - and that's a big however - I'm not certain how worth it the whitening is. I used the product for the recommended two times a day and develped pretty sore gums. Even worse than that, the rinse somehow creates a film inside your mouth that sticks to your teeth, cheeks - anything. It's the consistency of snot, which is NOT fun to feel in your mouth, and NOT easy to clean out... and definitely not attractive!

Liking Listerine Whitening Rinse

from Wilmington, DE

I've only ever tried one other whitening Rinse and still I come back to Listerine Whitening Pre Brush Rinse. I can really see the difference, although its not like whitening strips its a great maintenance wash. Plus Its cheaper and last longer than white strips...and doesn't hurt if you have sensitive teeth (which I do). It taste fine but I will say DO NOT swallow even a little bit because I hurt my throat badly doing that. I think the cost is good and I really like that it is a pre wash instead of after brushing. I feels nice to be able to brush after a rinse, I feel like somehow its getting even whiter. I would recommend this whitening wash over the others out there, you will not be disappointed.

Listerine Whitening, I'm glad you have arrived!

from Raleigh, NC

I think I must have tried every whitening toothpaste on the market but I never knew there was a whitening mouthwash. I happen to spot a bottle of Listerine Whitening Original Pre-Brush Rinse (clean mint) when I was shopping. I grabbed it and decided to give it a try. I used it for 30 days before I decided to write a review on it. I wanted to give it a fair chance. I started to notice a difference after just a few days using it as the directions explained. The first day I used it after I brushed my teeth and then I went back and read the label again. Woops! It creates a lot of foam if you gargle or swoosh it around your mouth too much but I know that foam is what is doing the work. I have never seen a change in the color of my teeth after using the whitening toothpaste so this was a nice surprise. Normally I have to use something from the dentist office to get my teeth white so Listerine Whitening Rinse will save e a lot of money.

So far so good with the listerine pre-brush whitening rinse

from Reston, VA

This is the most different mouth rinse I have used in a long time.  The only other pre-brush rinse I have ever used is Plax (do they even make that any more?) and I didn't like the taste of it.  The liquid turns into a foam like substance in your mouth so don't use too much or you will not have room in your mouth!  Made that mistake the first time I used it and had to spit half of it out.  In the last few years I have developed a taste for fun drinks from Starbucks (darn you hubby!) so now I am worried that my teeth aren't as white as they used to be.  This has made my teeth feel really clean and it doesn't taste awful.  Can't say that it has whitened my teeth yet since it's only been a few days, but I am hopeful.  If nothing else, it is something new and different and feels like it is working.  I will stick with it til the bottle runs out and then will reevaluate to see if it really does whiten.

Whitens and kills bad breath.

from Crystal Lake, IL

Listerine Whitening MouthWash Pre Brush Rinse, Clean Mint 473 Ml 16 Oz —

When I originally purchased this product I thought it was a standard mouthwash.  After using it as a mouthwas a few times and determining it was horrible I decided to take a closer look and read the bottle.  After reading that it is a pre brush rinse I started using it as that, thinking what a waste of money that I had purchased the wrong product but since I had it decided I should finish it.  I like it.  I would love it if the taste wasn't so horrible, nothing clean and minty about it but it does provide great results.

It is a great whitener but what I like the most about it is it kills bad breath for which I have found nothing that works well in that regard.  That is until I used listerine whitening mouthwash pre brush rinse.  It works so well that I will deal with the awful taste to get the great results.

Now if I could just get it at a good price....

Might as well rinse with hydrogen peroxide