3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Minimal Side Effects:

Listerine Whitening Pre-Brush Rinse WHITENS!!

I love that my sensitive teeth do not get more sensitive with this product! I can use it before any toothpaste - like those made for sensitive teeth - and still get great results! I see a visible difference. I cannot use other whitening products!

It Works, but at a cost

Listerine Whitening Rinse does work but at a cost.  I did have some nice results with this rinse.  It left my teeth whiter in just a couple of weeks of use.  However, I noticed upon initially using it, a huge amount of gooey looking white stuff would come out with it when I spit it out.  I wondered if it was just the peroxide stuff in it foaming up or what.  I continued using it and noticed that the inside of my mouth felt extremely dry and rough, as if somebody had just scraped it up.  I looked further into this product and found others having the same issue or worse and the cause was the rinse actually stripping the mucous membranes off of the surface of the mouth.  Talk about disturbing.  I quit using the rinse and my mouth healed within a week.  It is such a disappointment though to have a whitening rinse really work but to have such an awful side effect. I can't imagine what problems this would wreck with continued use of constantly stripping the mucous membranes when they are attempting to regenerate.

removes bad hamster breath

from San Juan, Puerto Rico

About Me Parent

Pros

• Effective
  • Refreshing

Cons

• hamsters

Comments about Listerine Whitening Mouth Rinse:

Little jeffy has terrible breath after eating his meals and i could barely stand it so i bought him this mouth wash to remove the odor and it worked great! now little jeffy has minty fresh breath and im happy. 420/420 would buy again

So far, So Good

Comments about Listerine Whitening Mouth Rinse:

I have been a user of Listerine products for a number of years now. I grew up using it and now we use it in my own family. I like this product because over time it does work towards a noticeable whitening of my teeth. Having been a smoker for a number of years, I used this product while I smoked and have continued to use after I stop smoking. Believe it or not, with ongoing use of this product it is very hard to tell that I ever smoked because my teeth are as white as they were before I smoked.

It does a very good job in whitening the teeth. You can actually see results after the very first rinse.

Convenience
    I use this product daily, as it does not take any time out of the day to swish it around the mouth before brushing.

Minimal Side Effects
    I have not experienced any noticeable negative side effects. I have noticed that my issues with sensitivity have subsided somewhat since I began using this product.

• Minimal Side Effects:

It does whiten but it kind of causes my mouth to peel

from West Virginia

Comments about Listerine Whitening Mouth Rinse:

It takes a long time to really notice any whitening with this. I used it along side my regular whitening toothpaste and honestly, I didn't notice much until about a month later. I think because it's so gradual that you don't get the whitening power you want right away but it's just too long of a wait for me for the damage it does. Every other day my mouth and gums would sort of peel off and my gums would be a little tender but not much.

Overall I would rather just use regular mouth wash and forego this. The results are too slow and the mouth wash kind of ate away at the skin in my mouth.

Takes too long to really see any results with this.

Convenience
    It's easy to use but seems to take a while. Also the flavor is not good and it doesn't leave me feeling fresh. My mouth doesn't smell as good as with their original formula.

Minimal Side Effects
    It kind of peels the inside of mouth! It's minimal but annoying.

Comments about Listerine Whitening Mouth Rinse:

I was excited to get this product because it looked like a simple way to whiten my teeth. All the other products require messy gels or strips, and I hated that. With this product, you rinse your mouth for thirty seconds. The first couple of days, I had no problem with this product. I realized it was supposed to take time to see results, so I was going to give it a couple of weeks. After the third day of using it, the inside of my lips because very irritate and swollen. I couldn't use this rinse for two days because my lips were stinging so bad! I had been using it twice a day. I decided to try it again, but this time I would only use it once a day. It didn't seem to cause any problems when I was only using it once, but it didn't whiten my teeth at all. I tried it every day for a month, and I saw no results. I was disappointed because I have always been a fan of Listerine products. I would not suggest this for anyone with sensitive gums. So, the Listerine Whitening Mouth Rinse was not for me, but I know other people who loved it.

I love Listerine Whitening Mouth Rinse

Comments about Listerine Whitening Mouth Rinse:

Listerine Whitening Mouth Rinse gives you all the same benefits of traditional Listerine with the added perk of whitening your teeth. Over the course of two weeks I used the whitening rinse twice a day as directed and there was a clear difference in the shade of my teeth. I drink at least one cup of black coffee every day- I use to always get compliments on how white my teeth were but, once I started drinking more and more coffee the compliments subsided. Since I have had bad experiences with whitening strips I thought I would give a rinse a chance. Im glad I did. Not only did it get rid of bad breath and the bacteria that causes it my teeth got much whiter in a quick period of time.

This product does what it promises in a quick amount of time. SInce it is less costly than some other rinses its also a win for your pocket book!

Convenience
    Twice a day everyday! Just add it to your daily routine.

Minimal Side Effects
    I didn't notice any side effects at all.

• Minimal Side Effects:

Listerine Whitening Pre Brush Rince is Recommended by Hygenists.

from Broken Arrow, OK

Comments about Listerine Whitening Mouth Rinse:

I am one of those people who is obsedded with keeping their teeth looking as perfect as possible. I have been known to examine my teeth with a led light and scrape away any stains with the tools they have at the dentist. You could say that I am indeed a fanatic.
    So when I went to my routine teeth cleaning and check up at the dentist I asked the hygenist what was the best product on the market for whitening teeth. She said she really likes Listerine Whitening Pre Brush Rince, because it does a better job at getting in between the teeth than whitening strips do. She said the best time of day to use it is right before bed after you are finished eating and drinking for the day.

I use this every night and I have noticed less staining on my teeth, and I am a coffee drinker.

Convenience
    Using Listerine Whitening Pre Brush Rince is an extra step and you have to swish it in your mouth for a minute so on those noghts when you just want to go to bed it can be a bit of a chore.

Minimal Side Effects
    I have tooth sensitivity and I have had no problems whatsoever.

• Minimal Side Effects:

Not what I was hoping for.

Comments about Listerine Whitening Mouth Rinse:

Well, this product wasn't exactly what I was expecting but it did freshen my breath. I expected the Listerine Whitening Mouth Rinse to whiten my teeth more effectively. I did notice that this product freshened my breath but it did not whiten my teeth. After about three weeks I stopped using the product because I felt that the Listerine whitening mouth rinse was not working. I feel like this product might work better if your also using a whitening strip, but I wasn't at that time. I did really like that this product is extremely affordable. You can also usually find coupons for this product making it even more affordable in the Sunday newspaper. I also like that it is extremely accessible and convenient to buy and use. This product is very easy to use and has a nice minty taste. Overall the Listerine whitening mouth wash was not a product I would recommend for whitening purposes.

Not very effective at whitening your teeth but extremely effective at freshening your mouth!

Convenience
    This product is very convenient. If it whitened my teeth better I would definitely prefer to use it instead of uncomfortable teeth whitening strips.

Minimal Side Effects
    I never experienced any side effects.

• Minimal Side Effects:

Finally A Great Mouthwash!

Comments about Listerine Whitening Mouth Rinse:

I have the worst problem keeping mouthwash in my mouth for more than 10 seconds. The burning sensation is really untolerable for me. So when I needed to buy more mouthwash, i wanted to look for a better brand. Also, I wanted a mouthwash that would help whiten my teeth. That's when I came upon Listerine Whitening Mouth Rinse. It was at a reasonable price, at my local grocery store. Within the first few days, I noticed a difference in the shade of my teeth. I actually had people notice a difference, as well. I find it tolerable to swish around in my mouth for longer period than I used to. My teeth were a shade whiter after the very first use!

It didn't take long for me to notice a difference. I have been using this for a couple months now, and my teeth are several shades whiter. My teeth have, overall, improved in appearance.

Minimal Side Effects
    It's the perfect mouthwash for people with sensitive tongues. It doesn't cause much pain.

• Minimal Side Effects:

Great mouthwash if you can stand it!

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Listerine Whitening Mouth Rinse:

I want to whiten my teeth but I have heard very negative things about whitening trays so I have tried out toothpastes and rinses to do the trick. As Listerine is always highly recommended for foul breath and mouth germs, I decided to try this for whitening. It has the same great clean feeling as other Listerine rinses, but this did nothing to help whiten my teeth. The other issue I have with this product is a bitter flavor different from other Listerine rinses. It was a very nauseating aftertaste that I needed to always rinse out with water quite a few times. I am still a fan and user of regular Listerine mouthwashes, but I will not be purchasing this product again

As a mouthwash I thought this product performed like the other Listerine products. As a tooth whitener I saw no significant change in the color or appearance of my teeth.

Convenience
    As I reported earlier I felt this product had a bitter aftertaste to it, because of that I always had to stop and rinse my mouth with water several times.

Minimal Side Effects
    There is always a slight burning sensation when using Listerine products. This one however had a horrible aftertaste that I needed to rinse out several times with water.

• Minimal Side Effects:

Great product at an affordable price.

Comments about Listerine Whitening Mouth Rinse:

My dentist recommended Listerine whitening mouth wash because my teeth were staining because I drink a lot of tea each day. I have been extremely happy with the results. I use this product every morning and every night and I have seen a tremendous difference. My teeth are whiter and brighter. I definitely would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for an affordable way to keep their teeth brighter.

This product was very effective. It's simple to use and saves a lot of time. I receive a lot of compliments on my teeth. When people ask me how I keep my teeth are so white I tell them that I use Listerine whitening mouthwash. They are surprised that a mouthwash can provide these results.

Convenience
    This product is very convenient to use. I use this product twice a day to produce the best results.

Minimal Side Effects
    There are no side effects whatsoever. Pleasant flavor and no aftertaste.