Other Mouthwashes:
Mouthwash
Listerine
Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash: All Sizes and Flavors

Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash: All Sizes and Flavors

Gum surgery isn't fun but avoiding infections is!

**To the Point**I had gum surgery. My dentist told me to rinse with Listerine. I prefer to avoid products with alcohol because they contribute to dry mouth. As a dry mouth sufferer I use mouth products without alcohol. I asked him if I could use Biotine but he said it didn't have an antiseptic. I then asked if I could use Crest Pro-Health which I used for my last two gum surgeries with a different dentist. He said I could. So why did I end up with Vanilla Mint Listerine?

**A Closer View**

I don't know the reason but I started reading some consumers' feelings about Crest Pro-Health. Over and over again I read that it led to brown spots on people's teeth. I never experienced that. I had bought the Crest Pro-Health and returned it the next day. I decided to go with Listerine in spite of perhaps some dry mouth issues. I chose the 8.5 ounce plastic bottle in the Vanilla Mint flavor. The bottle claims that it is less intense but equally effective. We are told that it kills germs that cause bad breath, plaque and gingivitis, which is a gum disease. It is an antiseptic.

The active ingredients are eucalyptol .092%; menthol .042%; methyl salicylate .060% and thymol .064%. These are all antiplaque/antigingivitus ingredients. The inactive ingredients are water, alcohol (21.6%), sorbitol solution, flavor, poloxamer 407, benzoic acid, sucralose, sodium benzoate, propylene glycol alginate, FD&C yellow no. 6, FD&C Blue no. 1

Children under 12 years old should not use Listerine. Of course you are not supposed to swallow it but you should rinse with it full strength for 30 seconds with about 4 teaspoons.

**My experiences**

The most important factor in all this is that my gum area has not gotten infected. I get the stitches out tomorrow. I was never on an antibiotic.

The second factor is the taste. It is true that Vanilla Mint Listerine is not as intense as the original flavor. However, after having the liquid in my mouth for lots of seconds my mouth starts to burn and I can't wait to spit it out. The taste isn't bad at all though so that's the really great part.

**Some interesting points**

There are no gluten ingredients in Listerine but it isn't tested for gluten per se so although the company says there is no gluten there really is no way of knowing if it hasn't been tested for such.

Listerine Mouthwash has not been tested on animals. Please note: we don't know if the ingredients in the product have been tested though. When I read a statement like that I wonder if the final product wasn't tested or what part of the Listerine is really cruelty free. Listerine is not Kosher.

Vanilla Mint has 21.6% ABV (alcohol by volume).

Listerine is not recommended for soaking orthodontic appliances.

Listerine does not contain any kind of peanut product.

Pregnant women can use Listerine but talk with your doctor anyway.

**Jo's ViewpointI like it!**

** www.listerine.com**

Perfect mosquito deterrent

The ingredients in Listerine is enough to make you want to get sick, much less get sick from using it. I would never put it in my mouth. I am really into all natural products. I make my own mouth wash. In Listerine there are to many chemicals. One of my patients came to me one day and told me her friend said to use Listerine as a mosquito deterrent. She told her to mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with water in a spray bottle and spray it all over her yard, and house, screens, and herself. My patient tried it and swore by it. Naturally, the scientist that I am had to try this out for myself. It worked! I have a pool and hot tub, plus a huge pond in my yard. I get all kinds of bugs, lots of mosquitos. I put up two bat houses and I still have tons of those nasty bugs. I used the Listerine and not one mosquito was in sight all day and night. It lasted a few days. Now, knowing this I will never ever put that in my mouth or my families mouths but, it has way less chemicals than all the bug sprays do though. Not to mention it actually worked where as the chemicals don't.

Strongest mouthwash in the world

from Georgia

Comments about Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash: All Sizes and Flavors:

Listerine antiseptic mouthwash is one of the strongest mouthwashes I have used. After gargling for thirty seconds with this mouthwash, your breath is guaranteed to be fresh for a long period of time. I personally have tried many other mouthwashes but none of them have worked as effectively as Listerine. This mouthwash lasts ten times longer and I do not have to worry about my breathe having a bad odor during a date or social event. I highly recommend this product to those who prefer results over smell. It is not the best smelling mouthwash but it has been the most effective for me. I suggest you continue to use this for long periods of time as I have because it kills the germs. It works on contact also immediately after using it. With this product I have said good bye to bad breathe and hello to fresh breathe for long periods of time. I will continue to use this product. The results have been great!

Its Okay

Comments about Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash: All Sizes and Flavors:

I think Listerine is a good mouthwash but some of the flavors are disgusting! The first time I tried the yellow one (sorry I don't remember what its called) I spit it out. Gosh that thing was disgusting. So instead of going to a different brand I just got the blue one (which I think is the cool mint one) and that one was had a good flavor. I don't think it cost too much but I wish they would have a better price for the smaller bottles. So other than the flavor issues (if you want to call them issues) it cleans real well and it leaves my breath minty fresh and feeling clean. I would definitely recommend Listerine because it does its job real well. And I will continue to use this product. Oh and on a side note it does sting after a while because of the alcohol so I wish they would make one without alcohol. But yeah its a good mouthwash and some of them have good flavors. So I hope I helped.

Listerine works but choose your flavor wisely!

Comments about Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash: All Sizes and Flavors:

My dentist told me that I was beginning that my gums weren't looking good. They were red and inflamed and that I was suffering from gingivitis. She strongly encouraged me to not only floss regularly but to start using Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash. At the drugstore, I was overwhelmed with the choices of Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash. There was an Original flavor, Cool Mint and a variety of others. I chose the Original Flavor thinking that would be safe. Uh, not smart. Upon, opening the cap and getting a whiff of the mouthwash I quickly realized that it was very medicinal. I went ahead and took a swig and swished it around my mouth for as long as I could. It tasted horrible and even somewhat burned my mouth. I really didn't like it. I tried to continue using it but just couldn't. I went back to the store and purchased the Cool Mint variety. Much better! This flavor tasted better and didn't burn. After rinsing with Listerine Antiseptic Cool Mint, my mouth felt fresh and my breath certainly smelled great. I continued to used it regularly. I noticed that my gums did not bleed anymore and seemed less sensitive. My dentist also commented that they looked a lot better. I'm sold that this really is a great product...just choose your flavor carefully!!

A Really Good Strong Mouthwash

Comments about Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash: All Sizes and Flavors:

I'll first start off by saying, my family and I having been using Listerine for years. We use it so much that in place of using the word mouthwash we use Listerine. I'll talk about the most recent time I bought Listerine, which was about 2 weeks ago. I purchased the orange one (I think the flavor was citrus) it was on sale so I knew I had to get it. That same day when I got home I used it, it does what you want it to do, it leaves your mouth fresh and it does whiten not much but it is visible. It does give your mouth a burning sensation (which I already knew when buying) but I don't mind, it gives me a sense that its using extra cleaning power to get the hard to reach areas. I would not recommend using this product if you have a sensitive mouth though, cause like I said it does burn from the alcohol in it. The product does lasts awhile (purchased the 16.9oz) but then again I only used it once a day. Overall Listerine is at the top of my list when it comes to mouthwash out there.

By far, the best mouthwash company on the market!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash: All Sizes and Flavors:

I think Listerine makes the best mouthwash product on the market today. I definitely prefer any of their mouthwash products over any other company's product. I know that their mouthwash can be a little stronger tasting, but I like that a lot. I can really feel my teeth, gums, and the rest of my mouth being cleaned when I swish. That is a very important aspect when you are using mouthwash. Also, my breath stays fresh for the entire day when I use this mouthwash, which is something I cannot say for a lot of other mouthwashes. Listerine's products are definitely worth the price they charge. It is a company that has been around long enough that I feel that I can truly trust the products that they offer. I usually use the green mint flavor, but I have tried many other types. I always go back to the mint flavor because that is the type that I like the best, but I would still recommend any of the Listerine products available.

So Powerful! Too powerful.

Comments about Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash: All Sizes and Flavors:

In general I find that Listerine antiseptic mouth wash products tend to be very strong, sometimes even a bit too strong for me. I do buy Listerine antiseptic mouth wash because of its strength, but more often than not I choose other brands for my daily routine because it sometimes feels like the Listerine Antiseptic is just too powerful and harsh for daily use.

I like to always have a bottle of Listerine Antiseptic mouth wash in the house because I use it when I need that extra kick of clean, such as after eating a meal with garlic or onions, and I want something strong enough to wipe out any possibility of lingering food related odor.

Of all the flavors, my favorite is the Cool Mint flavor because it seems just a little bit milder than the other flavors, but still really gets the job done. I find the "Original" flavor to be unbearable. It's just too harsh and extreme, and I did not like it at all.

Kills germs that cause Gingivitis

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash: All Sizes and Flavors:

Listerine antiseptic mouthwash not only gets rid of bad breath but it also helps prevent gum disease. I had went to the dentist and they told me that I am showing first signs of gum disease. After the news they gave me, I committed myself to take very good care of my teeth. I have used Listerine before, but I never read what it actually does. Listerine antiseptic kills germs that cause bad breath, it also kills germs that cause gingivitis gum disease. So now using Listerine before bedtime became my daily oral hygiene routine. The only negative about using Listerine antiseptic is the burning the alcohol causes in your mouth. By the time the 30 seconds are up of swooshing the mouthwash in my mouth, my tongue is numb. I hate the burning it cause, but I like having my teeth more. Listerine antiseptic cool mint is my favorite flavor. It leaves my mouth feeling clean and refreshed. I recommend Listerine antiseptic for anyone who loves there teeth and want to keep them.

When Used Correctly Listerine is Good Stuff!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash: All Sizes and Flavors:

I used to only use the Original Formula flavor of Listerine exclusively and I lived by the mantra that if a mouthwash didn't hurt then it must not work! I would erroneously swish that stuff around for as long as I could stand, well over the recommended 30 seconds and believe that it was doing me a world of good. As I've become better informed, I realize that my usage of Listerine may not have been ideal for my oral health (although I felt damn clean!) as the formulation is acidic which can be bad for your enamel. Now I use the Listerine directly after brushing my teeth with a fluoride toothpaste (no rinsing with water, just spit and then Listerine) and I swish it around for no longer than 30 seconds. After that I follow it with ACT mouthwash for minute or so. This works good because the Listerine cleans up my mouth so that the fluoride in the ACT can do its job well. And, as it turns out the Cool Mint Listerine is just as effective as the Original Flavor and does indeed taste way better. I'm having trouble getting used to this idea, but so far it's working out great! I feel incomplete without Listerine.

Listerine is Mouthwash.

Comments about Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash: All Sizes and Flavors:

When I ask for the Listerine in my house my family knows I'm asking for the mouthwash. I personally love the gold colored Listerine mouthwash. Yes it does burn your mouth, but that burning is the reassurance that my mouthwash is working properly. If I have a scratchy sore throat I make sure to gurgle with some Listerine mouthwash and the soar-ness is usually gone by the next morning! Listerine mouthwash is by far THE best mouthwash out there on the market. For those who don't like the sting of the gold colored Listerine mouthwash you can choose a cool minty freshness to cleanse your mouth. Listerine even has a KID SAFE mouthwash that is great tasting for your kiddos. I love that Listerine has branched out and made breath freshening strips for you to use while you're on the go. Fresh breath made convenient, not to mention at the drop of a hat, by Listerine. Now you got to LOVE that.

My 3 in 1 mouthwash

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash: All Sizes and Flavors:

Firstly, I've been using Listerine (regular) all my life and frankly i don't think i'll ever switch. Though the taste is very strong it makes my mouth feel clean. Secondly, if i have a sore in my mouth Listerine twice for the day heals it in a couple of days. Thirdly, if i have a sore throat a half cap of Listerine, warm water and salt does the trick. the only think is if i ate something spicy then i won't use the Listerine after brushing my teeth. However, it is up to you what mouthwash suits you best. I tried Scope but it tasted like something sweet to drink and i didn't want that taste after i just brushed my teeth.