View more routers

Cons

• Setup & Ease of Use:
    • Service & Support:

Keeps us wireless!

When my husband decided that we needed a wireless router to accommadate all the PC's and laptops found in our home, he did some internet investigating and found that this particular product was one the more reliable products for our needs.  He being an engineer, he is particular about products and spends a large amount of time searching for the pros and cons of each electrical component he buys so this must have pleased him well since we have had this router for over 3 years now without problem or fail.

From my point of view, the only issue that I have with it is when it does go down, it takes a lot of pressure on the front buttons to get it to respond and shut down but, beyond that, I have not had an issue with it.  The children have never had a problem with receiving thier wireless signal in the upstairs bedrooms or at the opposite ends of the house.  Trust me, if there were problems and a game was interrupted for wireless issues, we would hear about them pronto!

Great product,

sandy

This router is terrible

This router is absolutely terrible.  The main problem I have with it is incompatibility.  Whenever I try to hook my Wii system up to it via wireless internet, it just doesn't like the connection.  And, whenever I do get the stupid thing to work, it seems to change its ip every minute.  THis results in terrible reception and constant error messages that are extremely persistant.  I can't believe how unrelieable this router is.  It does have a few nice features though, so it's nont completely useless.  For example, as long as you have a wireless card installed in your computer and the correct software installed, you can get wireless internet wherever you hook your computer up.  Not only that, but you can log into the routers homepage and set up a password for your network so that your neighbors and surrounding inhabitants can't steal your internet.  It's a fabulous feature that works flawlessly and one hundred percent to your advantage.  Just don't forget the password!

great router...

Comments about Linksys Wireless-G Access Point:

I've owned this router for quite some time now and it hasn't failed me once. I have a top flood apartment and I can go outside across the street and still pick up signal from it on my tablet from the neighbors front porch and watch a movie off of Netflix easily. It's very easy to set up. I couldn't ask for anything better and like I said before I've had it for years.

• Setup & Ease of Use:
  • Service & Support:

Tmobile Router wireless

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about Linksys Wireless-G Access Point:

The best router with Tmobile house phone built in. Only 9.99 for extra line with free calls anywhere in the US. This phone never goes down and the router is always on. I just pray that ATT does not kill this when they take over Tmobile, I would recomend this to anyone that needs a house phone for cheap. Just think call anyone at anytime in the US for free minuts. Please Tmobile do not let ATT buy you out.....

THIS LINKSYS WILL KEEP YOU CONNECTED

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Linksys Wireless-G Access Point:

This linksys wireless router will definately keep you connected. I received this router from my internet provider, and it has not dissapoined me yet. While the desktop is connected with an ethernet cable, the laptop,playstation 3, and ipod touch are all running wifi and this router delivers. I have no lag while playing video games. My connection and download speeds are quick. This unit was a breeze to set up and get going, I got connected in just a few minutes, and needed no tech support whatsoever. While I dont know the retail price,let me asure you that if I had to purchase another I definately would. The ability to connect multiple devices through wifi is a must with todays technologies. I have had a total of five devices running at once and experienced no problems with any of them. This router is a must have for anyone with internet and more than one device that requires internet. I give this router two thumbs up.

This Router Works Great!

from Union, IA

Comments about Linksys Wireless-G Access Point:

When I was in the market to find and buy a wireless router, I knew nothing about them. This is the router that was recommended to me by the store clerk, so I got it. It was very easy to set up and install and use, I have no problems whatsoever in the 2 plus years I have had it. Even after a power failure, it comes right back on and causes no delays in my laptop functions. I would recommend this router to all new users of wireless routers, as you should have no problems and won't need to call a pile of 800 numbers to get help on getting this router set up and going, and should last for years! Price was right as well!

Linksys WRT54GS Router is Very Good

from Groton, CT

Comments about Linksys Wireless-G Access Point:

I bought this Linksys router with speed booster to replace my D-link router which is causing to disconnect my internet connection frequently. Now i don't have any disconnecting problems after connecting to internet. Very good speed and easy to set up. You won't even need the directions if you follow this step: Go to your internet explorer window in the address bar type: 192.168.1.1 and you will be in the router set up page. Don't forget to update the firmware on this unit every month or two (it's a button on the setup screen - easy0. Now my internet is much faster and more reliable. Even video can be streamed at a high resolution without drops. The routers range even reaches next building in our apartment while still maintaing signal strength. It has removable antennas. I have recommended this to my friends too.

Wireless Routers

from Hemet, CA

Comments about Linksys Wireless-G Access Point:

**I was new to wireless routers, had to call three times to customer service for help. They were really polite and helped me hook up the four computers in my home.**

**Now I can use my Brother Printer to wireless for everyone to print without all the old hassels.**

**We use it so much I had to double my cost expenses for the paper for the printer. Get it you will like it!**

** **

** **

no trouble at all

from Kenner, LA

Comments about Linksys Wireless-G Access Point:

I bought this at the t.mobile kiosk and had no trouble hooking it up.

I am not mechanically inclined and mercifully, this was easy to put together.

I have reception all over the house and am delighted all has worked well.

Linkys wireless adapter

from Fontana, CA

Comments about Linksys Wireless-G Access Point:

The linksys wireless adapter is a useful tool around the workplace or house. Personally it has benifited me, by allowing me to connect multiple computers/electronic devices to a single internet providing adapter. The setup is quick and easy, as well as adding other computers that are able to connect wirelessly. Its design is sleek and can be placed in an inconspicuous area if needed, other pros are that the price range for a Linkys wireless device is agreeable for the unlimited usage of the device in a household or work area. Any device that connects to the internet wirelessly would greatly befriend this device, if any at all. With the ability to lock your wireless connection, regulating who can connect to it, you have complete control of your internet connection. Further more password set up is fast and easy.

However, with past experiences, I have had to reset the device multiple times due to internet connection failure. This includes resetting both the wireless adapter and the modem, I do not know if it is just my modem, but I have other family members that have encountered the same inconvience. Althought internet connection is at your disposal, the quick failure is at random moments and becomes a hassle to deal with. The wireless connection restart only takes a mere 30 seconds, but just the fact that it does happen makes it an inconvience to those using the same device.

Linkysys wireless device is a handy tool to connect multiple internet using devices, however it has cons that can lead you to look for another wireless device that can be less of a hassle. I reccomend buying this device, 3 out of 5 stars, the convience of having a handy tool is essential with any company or household with laptops or portable internet using devices. Although there is a flaw, I have not found any other problems, so to conclude the linksys wireless router is a great tool, customer support is reliable to deal with any problems encountered. Just be ready to hit the reset button everynow and then.

Linksys router is a wirless workhorse.

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Linksys Wireless-G Access Point:

Our family isn't exactly the "heavy-user" types when it comes to internet but my husband bought this router at least five years ago and it hasn't missed a beat. It's been used in three different homes and has reliably supported dozens of different devices from wired web servers to wireless desktops, laptops and now ipods and iphones. It has even been able to survive the grabby hands of our toddler.

We have been able to squeeze a little stronger signal and longer range out of the wifi by replacing the standard antennae with booster antennae which simply screw into the back of the router. We've talked about replacing this router at some point to support our wireless-n capable devices, but it's hard to justify the expense when this router is still going strong!

Internet?

from Worcester, MA

Comments about Linksys Wireless-G Access Point:

This router tends to work well. Usually, don't have a problem. Occassional rebooting is needed, the majority of the time it connects properly. Not being the most computer savy, it is easy to connect and hook up. They can be bought used. Have had mine for approximately three years and it's still working. It's black therefore it blends in with my system, its lite and doesn't get in the way of other computer accessories. There are lights on it to tell you whats workings. It takes only a few seconds to reboot. You can easily find them online or at a local store. If your having issues with your computer, computer techs are good with working with linksys. I would not reccommend other routers over linksys.