Other Body Lotions:

Lily Of The Desert Aloe Vera Gelly

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Really good on dry skin.

Comments about Lily Of The Desert Aloe Vera Gelly:

The first time I bought this stuff it was an accident but even now I keep using it because it really works. Overall I gave this stuff a really high rating because I like the smell and it absorbs nicely plus it helps your skin.

I really like the scent of Aloe Vera but some people don't. A better description would be that it has a real plant kind of smell to it also kind of earthy but a little sweet.

Absorption
My skin is very dry yet my skin really seems to soak this stuff up pretty well. It rubs in nicely after a minute or so.

I have always known even before using this product that Aloe Vera was suppose to be amazing for the skin, dryness, and itching. True to it's reputation this stuff is great for dry skin. It has a type of cooling feeling when it goes on but it keeps your skin really moisturized and hydrated. I use it about once or twice a day and my skin stays pretty good throughout the day.

An Amazing Product!

Comments about Lily Of The Desert Aloe Vera Gelly:

I use this for my body, face, basically everywhere. Since this is 99% Aloe Vera, it is AMAAZING for your skin. Aloe has a LOT of different vitamins and other health benefits. When I use it on my face it absorbs very quickly and leaves it feeling soft and SMOOTH. So SMOOTHHHHH. I had a bunch of mosquito bites from swimming at the pool, oh my gosh. It was agony. But aloe vera has natural relief to dry/irritated skin. It definitely gave some relief on my bites, and I'm pretty sure it sped uo the healing process. A con about it is it is slightly sticky, but it does dry pretty fast.

No scent :)

Absorbed pretty well!

Very effective :)

A Jewel in the Desert

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Lily Of The Desert Aloe Vera Gelly:

Aloe vera is an amazing thing; it is very soothing on the skin and has mild antiseptic properties. It is great for applying to sunburns and breakouts alike. Since I don't have the greenest thumb, I prefer to buy my aloe vera, but it can be hard to find high quality aloe without lots of additives. Lily of the Desert is one of the very few Aloe Vera Gels that is actually almost completely made from aloe vera without lost of nasty chemicals added. It is made from organic aloe, contains no parabens, no artificial colors, no added water and hasn't been tested on animals.

This aloe does not have added fragrance, but aloe itself carries a scent. Thankfully, that scent is not nearly as potent as fresh cut aloe vera (which is quite strong and not entirely pleasant). This gel smells planty, but not overwhelming.

Absorption
This gel soaks provides almost instant relief on application and soaks into the skin quickly (for aloe vera- it does take a minute or two). It does leave a slight residue on your skin, but it isn't oily or unpleasant.

This is the closest thing I have found to the real, fresh cut plant. It works amazingly well on minor burns (including sunburns) and helps clear up skin irritations. It has the added benefit of being more convenient and smelling better than the fresh plant.

Very soothing

from San Marcos, CA

Comments about Lily Of The Desert Aloe Vera Gelly:

I have the clear version of this. As far as I am concerned it is exactly the same as the non transparent lily of the desert aloe vera. I love this brand as it is one hundred percent natural. As such, sometimes the color is a bit different since it depends on the season and the plants that the aloe vera is harvested from. so, sometimes it will be transparent white and others will be a tinge of another color. But, the aloe vera is always one hundred percent pure with nothing else inside, which is exactly what consumers want. The aloe vera is great for burns or blisters. If your child scrapes his knee or his fingers, you can apply aloe vera as it is a disinfectant and it also feels good on a scrape or injury. You can then seal up the would by applying a bandage. It's really great for light injuries. It's also great since the Lily of the desert aloe vera is very cheap and very accessible. You can pretty much buy it anywhere, it's sold in many of the major stores.

Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly is Great!

from Stony Brook, NY

Comments about Lily Of The Desert Aloe Vera Gelly:

I recently purchased the Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly from my local organic supermarket. I purchased it for the purpose of soothing sunburn and healing acne on my face. I decided on this one in particular because of the ingredients, including the organic aloe as well as the vitamins included. It also contains no harmful and potentially carcinogenic ingredients like most aloe gels do, which I really like. I've had no shortage of acne during my teenage years, so I decided to take the safe route and opt for something with ingredients which would not upset it. I'm very glad I did because I have not had any adverse effects from using it. It has showed no signs of breaking me out, or irritating my skin in any way, and believe me, this is hard to do. In fact, it does quite the opposite, it soothes and decreases redness significantly when I apply it to my acne bumps. The same can be said for sunburn. While it does not work instantaneously, it does help soothe sunburn much faster than it would without. A little trick I learned is to keep the aloe in the fridge, not only does it make it feel extra soothing when applying, but it also helps keep it fresh longer.

Lily Of The Desert Aloe Vera Gelly is best pure

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Lily Of The Desert Aloe Vera Gelly:

This product is better than other products that have "some" aloe vera in it. I like that it has no fragrance or added color. It is good for easing sunburns, fading scars, and even for the hair. I have really bad eczema on both my hands. Since I've been using this product, my eczema has not gone away, but the redness is gone, my hands don't itch as much, my hands are softer, and my scars are slowly but surely getting lighter.Also it is not sticky. Since the product is a gel and the bottle is 4 oz,. the product is going fast, which I don't like. Overall, I will look for a bigger size.