Other Insurance Companies:

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:

Best price for the best coverage.

**Liberty Mutual Insurance Company**

**Liberty Mutual Insurance Company**

**Every year I try to obtain quotes from all the insurance companies.  I know what coverage I want and need and compare these quotes to determine which insurance carrier I will use.  I do have insurance licenses in all fields but do not work for any insurance company plus I have a securities license as well but do not work for any securities company.**

**With insurance, you are looking for apples to apples coverage.  For autos - 250/500 coverage which means $250,000 to an aggregate of $500,000.  I have high personal wealth so I choose to take the highest limits to avoid being wiped out by any lawsuit.  I take $1000 deductible on Collision as a lower amount will cost way more than the $1000 out of pocket costs over any 5 year period.   For my house, I get 1 million in liability coverage and a company that allows a 20% above the rate used - for instance, $350,000 to rebuild plus an additional 20% on top of that or $70,000.  I also have a $1000 deductible as again, lower deductibles are far better for the insurance company than for the consumer in the long run.  **

**The discounts available for me in Cars:**

**Over 50 years of age for both drivers**

**low mileage - less than 2500 miles per year**

**Discounts for home:**

**Multi-policy**

**alarm system**

**retired**

**My car insurance is $800 per year for two cars with all the bells and whistles except rental car insurance for my own car but rental car insurance for my wife and homeowners is $500 per year.**

**The closest other competitor was $150 more per year for the exact same coverage.  **

**In February and early March I shop all other companies and do so sometimes twice as even from the same company quotes vary.  Just so you know, your credit score is a huge item in getting lower cost insurance.  If you have great credit, you will pay far less than others with worse credit.  Liberty Mutual beat every other company this past renewel date - April, 2009.  **

**Also, claims is a big factor in insurance costs.  I have had no claims for 20 years or more.  Sometimes you get a discount for being with a company for several years.  I have only been with Liberty Mutual, this being my third consecutive year.  **

**I could tell you many other items about your insurances like your grave site (if you have one) is covered by your homeowners policy.  There are two different water coverages - flood insurance and water back-up.  You buy a separate policy for flood insurance which all people who live even in rarely flooding areas - 1000 year flood zones should buy.  If you do not have flood insurance, you will not be covered should your home be swept away partially, completely or simply have damage from a flood.  Homeowners insurance does not cover any water damage by itself.  A rider you can add is water and sewer backup.  Should a drain become clogged and your basement or lower level suffer problems, flood insurance will not cover - only water and sewer backup will cover your losses.  That is why New Orleans is not completely rebuilt - homeowners did not purchase flood insurance.  What is not known is that hurricane insurance makes no insurance company any money as this is a federal program.  Any carrier having property and casualty insurance must offer this insurance and it is all the same regardless of carrier.  All profits from this coverage in a year of lower than expected hurricane damage is returned to the federal government.  If the insurance company has higher claims than expected, thefederal government makes up that loss to insurance companies. **

Liberty Mutual is THE WORST Insurance company!

I was 7 months pregnant and had a 5 year old daughter on the back seat when I was hit from the rear end by a truck. We could die, seriously, and it was a miracle we did not get hurt, just had a very high level of stress. I had tons of witnesses and it was zero my fault, of course. Liberty Mutual is my OWN insurance that covers me 100% in this case. When I called them, they refused TWICE to open a claim and wanted me to call the other driver's insurance. Finally, I made them open it and they assigned someone to the claim. That person could NEVER be reached, all I'd get was a phone message "I am assisting another customer" even if you call at 2 AM in the morning (I tried). So, each time I would get a random person from the customer service. Then I found out that while opening the claim they wrote a wrong license plate number of the other driver and wrote that my 5 year old daughter was driving the car!!!!!!! NO ONE in that company was doing their job properly or doing it AT ALL! It took more than a week to get their appraiser to look at the car and the appraiser said that the car is a total loss and they are going to take the car away and give us money that we could not buy anything for. So, I and my two kids almost died and we were losing our car to our OWN insurance company. THANKS, Liberty Mutual for robbing your own customers! I was so desperate - my husband was laid off at that time and I was 7 months pregnant, so to lose a car for us would be the worst nightmare I could ever imagine. Then I went through the other driver's insurance (Travelers). I called them at 9 AM and at 2:30 PM of THE SAME day their appraiser was looking at my car and agreed to repair it. I was very happy. The car WAS NOT a total loss. When I called Liberty Mutual to close the claim, they had a nerve to tell me that they were concerned about my safety. I told them that their main concern was to take my car away and make money on it because they knew that the car was NOT a total loss. My car was repaired, it runs fine, no problems. At the moment we are looking for a different agent (the agent who sold us this insurance refused from the very beginning to help me to deal with them) and a different insurance company. The amount of stress I received (being pregnant in the third trimester) from Liberty Mutual - my own insurance company - was SO MUCH HIGHER than the stress from the accident, I can't even compare it!

bunch of crock

from fresno ca

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

bunch of crooks with nice T.V commercial.

DON'T DO IT !

from Jacksonville, Florida

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

My Company had Commercial Insurance with this company. We were leasing a property to another company and realized after a couple of years, not only were we paying for the property insurance but that the tenant was also paying for the property insurance. When we contacted Liberty Mutual to inform them this was happening, they refused to refund the double payment. I strongly suggest regardless of the pricing that you use another company as this one has no morals

Very poor customer service

from NY

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

I have been waiting over two weeks for the adjuster to even call. I faxed the police report showing their client was at fault and I cannot get my car fixed. Either the company is fly by night or the adjuster is totally inept. I got rear ended over a year ago by a Geico customer and the adjuster met me the next day. Geico is a real company, unlike Liberty Mutual.

Unhappy Liberty Mutual Client

from Chicago, Illinois

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

Don't buy Liberty Mutual Insurance!! It's a "remote" operation which doesn't ask questions if you have a loss and tell their "CLAIM" procedure!!! If your loss is EXCLUDED on your policy, they don't tell you it's EXCLUDED and you shouldn't file a CLIAM!!! They don't tell you an EXCLUDED claim gets a ZERO payout and puts a BLACK MARK(!) on your name and your property coast-to-coast!! I'm not a lawyer or insurance professional and didn't see that my loss was not covered by my policy.
None of the Warrenville (IL) agents I talked to felt that the "claim intake person" should have asked!! Even though I do not dispute my policy didn't cover the loss, Liberty Mutual still put me on a list that is like a black mark.

Worse nightmare

from Chicago

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

I had a fire and needed to file a claim. It took months to get paid. Ultimately I had to put over $6,000 on my credit card while I was waiting for reimbursement, while they were were supposed to pay directly. Several agents later and many months of no responses to emails/phone calls, I was finally reimbursed. Way to much effort was spent on this claim especially in this time of loss. In the end, they refused to reimburse everything, even costs I was out DUE to their extreme neglect and delays. I will never give them my business and have told many people my story.

The worst experience ever

from Georgia

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

In March I was rear ended by another Liberty Mutual customer and pushed into another car. 90% of my damage was cosmetic but I wanted to have my vehicle fixed. The same day I took it to one of their approved shops which was my first mistake. At first they said only the hatch and the front and rear bumpers needed to be replaced, but when they took my Jeep apart, they found "hidden damage" including damage to the horn and rear tail lights.(Never mind that the horn and tail light were not affected and worked fine). From there began my ordeal with the rudest claims rep. I have ever talked to who insisted on totaling my vehicle. When I went to pick it up from the shop, they had cut the sloppiest hole in the back hatch and only put my license plate on after I insisted they find it. The company tried to force me to accept a total loss, even though I offered to pay any difference in price. Needless to say, I rejected their offer (which was 38.00 below their bogus estimate offer, go figure. When I mentioned the erroneous repairs on the estimate, they just ignored me even though you could clearly see that the back tail lights were not affected by the accident. The rep even suggested it was my fault because I filed a claim.

One month after the accident, my vehicle is still not fixed because I refuse to accept the total loss assessment by Liberty Mutual. Oh, did I mention that the adjuster never came out to actually look at my vehicle and that the claims rep used the wrong percentage to figure the total loss? I guess that was too much like being professional. I have been a Liberty Mutual customer for well over 20 years and I would have never imagined they would treat me in this manner especially since I was not at fault. If you want fair and equitable treatment by an insurer who works for you, this is definitely not the company.

LIBERTY MUTUAL INSURANCE IS TERRIBLE

from Thousand Oaks, ca

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

We were hit by a Liberty Mutual Insured. Our car is still sitting in front of our house so we are without a car for the past 3 weeks since the accident. This is our work vehicle! We call Liberty Mutual everyday. If you get a person, they tell us they are still investigating to determine fault....their insured already admitted fault! We usually always get voicemail. Today, I had to be firm to talk to someone! They said we will know something in the next 2 weeks! 2 more weeks!!! So far we are out over $500.00 on a rental car. Liberty Mutual is not helping us with anything...in fact, they do not return calls, but they log that into there report. I have phone records to prove that we do not get any calls from them...we do all the calling in to get voicemail. I am not impressed. I have been told that Mercury and Geico are the worst insurance companies, but they have ALWAYS taken exceptional care of me and this has never happened! Example: I was hit in a parking lot and we both had Geico insurance and it was by far the best experience ever! LIBERTY MUTUAL IS THE WORST! I have never been so disappointed in how a company does business as I am with Liberty Mutual.

Worse customer service I've seen in years

from Austin, TX

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

Worse customer service I have seen in years. They pose as a reliable insurance on every TV commercials but my personal experience with them was a nightmare. I have been sent to a body shop that is not specialized in the type of collision repair my vehicle needed, been left alone to look for an alternate body shop for repairs, call adjustors, claim representatives of Liberty Mutual, schedule repairs, etc. Hefty price for car insurance where the insured does all the work the insurance company should. Worst customer service ever...

BLAME THE VICTIM

from Honolulu, HI

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

I received a sample of how Liberty Mutual don't pay out 100% to the victim. An blames the victim 20% for not driving defensively.
How can you drive defensively when someone suddenly decides to make a lane change when you're right next to you -- swerve out of his way and slam into another car next to you but not the car that intruded your lane?
Liberty Mutual is claiming the 20% is my fault for not driving defensively!

Worst company.

from Iowa

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

It has been fourteen days since my accident and the company still hasn't told me if they are going to cover it or not. I have contacted them daily and they are the worst. They have not given me a rental, and this is impacting me so greatly that I needed to report about how terrible they are. They may be cheap, but it's because they don't care about people and need something to suck people into their buying their horrible insurance. Do not become affiliated with them! You will regret it!