Other Insurance Companies:

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:

Best price for the best coverage.

**Liberty Mutual Insurance Company**

**Liberty Mutual Insurance Company**

**Every year I try to obtain quotes from all the insurance companies.  I know what coverage I want and need and compare these quotes to determine which insurance carrier I will use.  I do have insurance licenses in all fields but do not work for any insurance company plus I have a securities license as well but do not work for any securities company.**

**With insurance, you are looking for apples to apples coverage.  For autos - 250/500 coverage which means $250,000 to an aggregate of $500,000.  I have high personal wealth so I choose to take the highest limits to avoid being wiped out by any lawsuit.  I take $1000 deductible on Collision as a lower amount will cost way more than the $1000 out of pocket costs over any 5 year period.   For my house, I get 1 million in liability coverage and a company that allows a 20% above the rate used - for instance, $350,000 to rebuild plus an additional 20% on top of that or $70,000.  I also have a $1000 deductible as again, lower deductibles are far better for the insurance company than for the consumer in the long run.  **

**The discounts available for me in Cars:**

**Over 50 years of age for both drivers**

**low mileage - less than 2500 miles per year**

**Discounts for home:**

**Multi-policy**

**alarm system**

**retired**

**My car insurance is $800 per year for two cars with all the bells and whistles except rental car insurance for my own car but rental car insurance for my wife and homeowners is $500 per year.**

**The closest other competitor was $150 more per year for the exact same coverage.  **

**In February and early March I shop all other companies and do so sometimes twice as even from the same company quotes vary.  Just so you know, your credit score is a huge item in getting lower cost insurance.  If you have great credit, you will pay far less than others with worse credit.  Liberty Mutual beat every other company this past renewel date - April, 2009.  **

**Also, claims is a big factor in insurance costs.  I have had no claims for 20 years or more.  Sometimes you get a discount for being with a company for several years.  I have only been with Liberty Mutual, this being my third consecutive year.  **

**I could tell you many other items about your insurances like your grave site (if you have one) is covered by your homeowners policy.  There are two different water coverages - flood insurance and water back-up.  You buy a separate policy for flood insurance which all people who live even in rarely flooding areas - 1000 year flood zones should buy.  If you do not have flood insurance, you will not be covered should your home be swept away partially, completely or simply have damage from a flood.  Homeowners insurance does not cover any water damage by itself.  A rider you can add is water and sewer backup.  Should a drain become clogged and your basement or lower level suffer problems, flood insurance will not cover - only water and sewer backup will cover your losses.  That is why New Orleans is not completely rebuilt - homeowners did not purchase flood insurance.  What is not known is that hurricane insurance makes no insurance company any money as this is a federal program.  Any carrier having property and casualty insurance must offer this insurance and it is all the same regardless of carrier.  All profits from this coverage in a year of lower than expected hurricane damage is returned to the federal government.  If the insurance company has higher claims than expected, thefederal government makes up that loss to insurance companies. **

Liberty Mutual is THE WORST Insurance company!

I was 7 months pregnant and had a 5 year old daughter on the back seat when I was hit from the rear end by a truck. We could die, seriously, and it was a miracle we did not get hurt, just had a very high level of stress. I had tons of witnesses and it was zero my fault, of course. Liberty Mutual is my OWN insurance that covers me 100% in this case. When I called them, they refused TWICE to open a claim and wanted me to call the other driver's insurance. Finally, I made them open it and they assigned someone to the claim. That person could NEVER be reached, all I'd get was a phone message "I am assisting another customer" even if you call at 2 AM in the morning (I tried). So, each time I would get a random person from the customer service. Then I found out that while opening the claim they wrote a wrong license plate number of the other driver and wrote that my 5 year old daughter was driving the car!!!!!!! NO ONE in that company was doing their job properly or doing it AT ALL! It took more than a week to get their appraiser to look at the car and the appraiser said that the car is a total loss and they are going to take the car away and give us money that we could not buy anything for. So, I and my two kids almost died and we were losing our car to our OWN insurance company. THANKS, Liberty Mutual for robbing your own customers! I was so desperate - my husband was laid off at that time and I was 7 months pregnant, so to lose a car for us would be the worst nightmare I could ever imagine. Then I went through the other driver's insurance (Travelers). I called them at 9 AM and at 2:30 PM of THE SAME day their appraiser was looking at my car and agreed to repair it. I was very happy. The car WAS NOT a total loss. When I called Liberty Mutual to close the claim, they had a nerve to tell me that they were concerned about my safety. I told them that their main concern was to take my car away and make money on it because they knew that the car was NOT a total loss. My car was repaired, it runs fine, no problems. At the moment we are looking for a different agent (the agent who sold us this insurance refused from the very beginning to help me to deal with them) and a different insurance company. The amount of stress I received (being pregnant in the third trimester) from Liberty Mutual - my own insurance company - was SO MUCH HIGHER than the stress from the accident, I can't even compare it!

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

I am very displeased with your customer service that we were provided with. March 8th we were provided this quote and had to find out when our current policy renewed before switching. Upon contacting your representative back this evening to began coverage what we received was a bunch of double talking stating our auto insurance rates would go from $695 per year as quoted to $771 per year even though we were seeking home & auto.

First.... Ernest Marin should not attempt to fast talk and attempt to pull a double switch on a potential long term customer, obviously this leaves a very sour taste with us for Liberty Mutual as far as doing any business with your organization or referring anyone to your organization for future business.

Second.... We will be sure to express our experience with Liberty Mutual on Social Media and any and all review sites stating how your representative attempted to pull a quick talking double switch in a 48 hour time frame.

It's obvious you as a company need to review your training procedures with your representatives and should realize the impact bad reviews has on your business growth and revenue growth.

VERY DISAPPOINTED FORMER POTENTIAL CUSTOMER

I would not recommend Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance.

from Massachusetts

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

After being a loyal customer of Liberty Mutual (auto insurance) , and being aware that their premiums are relatively more e pensive than other I auto insurers, I have determined that they are an unscrupulous, money gouging company that deals with customers in a one-way fashion -- they collect premiums, but do not investigate accidents, even if the incident was not the fault of the Driver insured by Liberty Mutual.
They are in business to collect premiums only!

Total Lack of Member Service

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

I had 4 vehicles insured with Liberty. All seemed well until I found another insurer that literally saved me thousands. I called Liberty to cancel and no one even tried to talk me out of it. I was told " you will have an early cancellation fee, but I will go ahead and cancel you". I asked how much the fee would be and was told "I don't know". I have worked for other insurers who do not charge a cancellation fee. I figured it might be $50 or something, so I went ahead and cancelled. Lo and behold I get a bill for over $600! A third of it was a last month payment, but the remaining amount was a mid-term cancellation fee. To make a long story short, after speaking with 3 different individuals and explaining the lack of customer service and inadequate communication, I was told that no one would waive the fee and they would send me to collections if I didn't pay. I advised I would tell everyone I knew.

Buyer beware and be prepared if you decide to term.

Liberty Mutual is immoral

from Forest Park, IL

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

Liberty Mutual retroactively cancelled my auto policy without authorization and then sent premium refund to unintended party. Liberty Mutual refused to contact unintended party regarding error to recover funds. Instead, they harassed me to repay premiums that was paid for over a year ago and used, and then threatened me with collection. The unintended party was allowed to steal the money without ever being contacted. This company is immoral and they don't care about doing the right thing by their customers. The result of the error reflects negatively and Liberty Mutual refuses to make the correction unless I pay again. I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Don't purchase this insurance EVER!

from PA

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

This company overcharges for incomplete car insurance. And when I cancelled my policy for that reason this company had the mitigated gall to charge me over $200 to do so. I am going to verbally tell, email, text and use social media, to inform as many people as possible NEVER EVER purchase any type of policy from Liberty Mutual insurance!

bunch of crock

from fresno ca

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

bunch of crooks with nice T.V commercial.

DON'T DO IT !

from Jacksonville, Florida

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

My Company had Commercial Insurance with this company. We were leasing a property to another company and realized after a couple of years, not only were we paying for the property insurance but that the tenant was also paying for the property insurance. When we contacted Liberty Mutual to inform them this was happening, they refused to refund the double payment. I strongly suggest regardless of the pricing that you use another company as this one has no morals

Very poor customer service

from NY

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

I have been waiting over two weeks for the adjuster to even call. I faxed the police report showing their client was at fault and I cannot get my car fixed. Either the company is fly by night or the adjuster is totally inept. I got rear ended over a year ago by a Geico customer and the adjuster met me the next day. Geico is a real company, unlike Liberty Mutual.

Unhappy Liberty Mutual Client

from Chicago, Illinois

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

Don't buy Liberty Mutual Insurance!! It's a "remote" operation which doesn't ask questions if you have a loss and tell their "CLAIM" procedure!!! If your loss is EXCLUDED on your policy, they don't tell you it's EXCLUDED and you shouldn't file a CLIAM!!! They don't tell you an EXCLUDED claim gets a ZERO payout and puts a BLACK MARK(!) on your name and your property coast-to-coast!! I'm not a lawyer or insurance professional and didn't see that my loss was not covered by my policy.
None of the Warrenville (IL) agents I talked to felt that the "claim intake person" should have asked!! Even though I do not dispute my policy didn't cover the loss, Liberty Mutual still put me on a list that is like a black mark.

Worse nightmare

from Chicago

Comments about Liberty Mutual Insurance:

I had a fire and needed to file a claim. It took months to get paid. Ultimately I had to put over $6,000 on my credit card while I was waiting for reimbursement, while they were were supposed to pay directly. Several agents later and many months of no responses to emails/phone calls, I was finally reimbursed. Way to much effort was spent on this claim especially in this time of loss. In the end, they refused to reimburse everything, even costs I was out DUE to their extreme neglect and delays. I will never give them my business and have told many people my story.