3.1
Other Home Parties & Direct Sales:

3.1

Lia Sophia has great specials and guarantees for their jewelry.

After attending a couple of LIa Sophia parties, I decided to have one myself. Hostesses receive great deals along with free jewelry. I have also won pieces as prizes at the parties I have attended. With their current special, they say for you to take half you your most expensive item, instead of equal or lesser value. The one thing I appreciate the most is that you can send back a broken item and they will send you a new one in return, they only charge you if it has been more than 120 days. If they no longer carry the piece then you choose a new one from the catalog for the same price.

It is also a great reason to have a group of friends over for food and drinks. I would say a perfect reason for a girls' night in, and the chance to look at beautiful jewelry.

Not what was expected for the $

I am a jewelry artisan/designer with a business. I have several friends who have asked me to repair their Lia Sophia jewelry before they ever even wore it. One friend was very disappointed by the quality. She was expecting glass round beads, and what she got was a round plastic- resin- bead cut in half. And more plastic than metal for a high price. The other friend asked me to repair a stretchy bracelet that is cute but surely not worth the almost $40.00. It's also resin and "amazonite and amethyst" chips. Well, they are, but very, very, teeny tiny, low quality chips. And the largest and most prominent beads are identical but different colored resin. These are items that could be bought from a dollar store or Walmart in my opinion. (I actually shop at both, but expect to get what I pay for) They may be "unique", but any jewelry designer can make them. I've purchased the some of the same components for my own jewelry line, but when I use plastic I charge accordingly. I use actual stones, crystals or glass. I use real metal, like sterling silver, gold filled, and copper, and I charge about the same prices as LS wants for plastic/resin. If the workmanship was fantastic, or the designs truly unique I would agree that their prices are fair, not great, but fair. If possible, buy when they are on sale for sure. I'm not saying people shouldn't buy what they like in a catalog, but beware, it is not high quality in design, workmanship, or product components. To be fair though, this isn't the only high priced ("Sterling Silver company" name here) jewelry that I have repaired for my customers. I will not reveal my company name because I'm not trying to gain business, that would make my opinion too biased.

Great Quality, Great Consultant, Free Jewelry!

Comments about Lia Sophia:

I have been to MANY lia sophia parties in the last few years and i have NEVER had a bad experience with the consultant or with any of the jewelry. I now host a party every year and ALWAYS get a lot of free jewelry and all the girls who come also are satisfied with their purchases. Having toddlers in my arms very often, I have had many necklaces break and I have sent them back and received replacements with no hassle. I would recommend my consultant to anyone! She is great and lia sophia customer care has always been easy to deal with.

I really like Lia Sophia

Comments about Lia Sophia:

I normally do not go to home parties for any product, but I have a friend who sells so I placed an order when she needed a bit more for a party. I loved the items and have since ordered several more. I usually order when they are having the big sale. The quality is decent for the price, I only have one ring that lost some of the silver, but it is on the underside. I always get compliments on any piece I wear. I am not the type to ever host a party, but I always find something that I love whenever I browse the catalog. I only wish I could buy direct since I've know moved away from my friend and lost a few of my favorite earrings!

Lia Sophia is wonderful!

Comments about Lia Sophia:

I had two wonderful experiences and love my jewelry. I read posts below and want to say, one bad rep does not mean they are all bad. I hope others will give Lia Sophia a second chance. Keep your receipt and returns/exchanges are easy. Send it back and get a new one. Easy as that!

Inspect items; insist on proof that gold/silver/etc. are real.

Comments about Lia Sophia:

Just received products ordered via catalogue; unique looking and fun. My concern is questionable advertising. Sterling Silver has a stamp on it; my Lia Sophia Sterling Silver doesn't. Same concern about "fresh water pearls; feel more like glass than pearls. Don't feel comfortable returning b/c purchased from a friend.

Better quality than other home jewelry products.

Comments about Lia Sophia:

I'm not usually a fan of jewelry parties but I've bought several pieces of Lia Sophia and am quite pleased with the quality. It seems much more substantial in materials in quality than other brands (it is much better than Premier Jewelry, also sold at shows). I guess your experience depends on your hostess (as it seems some of these reviewers have bad hostesses) or promotions. I agree that some of the retail prices are way too much for the product; however, the specials we received made it much more reasonably priced. So I give it a thumbs up.

Better than I expected

Comments about Lia Sophia:

I didn't want to attend the party because I thought it would be overpriced jewelry that was not my style. I went just to socialize with my friend, and loved the products. They're fun and well-made, unique and match any fashion style. Plus they were having a special that made the items more affordable (buy lowest price items at full price, and highest at half price). I'm going to have a party to get more jewelry at even better discounts. People rave about the items I wear.
Also, it was the best customer service I've found at any such company. And everything has a lifetime guarantee. I want to get rid of my old boring stuff. I will buy these as gifts in the future.

Spring/Summer Lia Sophia party last weekend and had a blast.

Comments about Lia Sophia:

I am so happy that ignored the negative comments made in this blog. My cousin hosted a party in the Fall of 2011 and it was so much getting together with family and friends and picking out jewelry for gifts and myself. I agreed on a party that took place last weekend. It was so much fun and although I have not received the jewelry from my party, the jewelry that I ordered in the last 4 parties I have attended, I still have. The oldest peice is close to 6 years-pair of earrings. I hope this changes your mind of this product and after hosting a successful party I have about $1500 worth of free jewelry. LOVE THIS STUFF!

Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, shame on me!

Comments about Lia Sophia:

Spent over $100 on two necklaces and was throughly disgusted at the total cheap quality of both. One even arrived broken :(. This is the LAST time I attend a Lia Sophia party. I went to Kohl's and bought inexpensive costume jewelry ($4.80 and $4.20) that was better quality than this $50 necklace. NEVER AGAIN!

Lia Sophia the WORST customer service EVER!

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Lia Sophia:

I like the jewelry, but not enough to give them a dime of my money ever again. After a fiasco of UPS admitting losing my pkg--a month later, LS calls me accusing me of receivng extra pieces of jewelry. Mind you, I still have not received half my order or my guests orders. I told them its funny you can call me when YOU are missing something, but for a month I have had to initiate every single call pertaining to my missing and/or backordered items. I was thinking about signing up as a consultant, but this is THE worst customer service EVER! They sent me and my guests a $15 gift certificate for my troubles. What a joke! I have asked for a full refund--I am happily sending EVERYTHING back including the gift certs...I can buy other companies stuff or LS jewelry on Ebay from now on!!!

Thanks for stealing my money!

from Chandler, AZ

Comments about Lia Sophia:

Do not, I repeat, do NOT agree to host a Lia Sophia party. I very excitedly did after attending a party at a friend of a friend's. Not only did the hostess not show up for my party, but she still charged me for my hostess gift, she did to three other people who were at that party who were supposed to host a party as well. I called corporate, and guess what? They don't care! You have to go thru the service rep to get your money back. It's been three weeks since I was supposed to have my party and this lady won't call me or text me back. Shame on you for stealing from 4 people and shame on Lia Sophia for not caring more about it. I will NEVER do business with them again. Cute jewelry, but steal from me once, I won't make that mistake twice!!!!