View more inkjet printers

Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Photo Printer

Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Photo Printer

2.2

I am very pleased with the overall performance of this printer

Overall I am pleased with the performance of this printer.  It is small and lightweight.  I can easily pick it up with one hand to clean around and under it.  It doesn't take up much space on my desk.  It takes only one ink cartridge and seems to last a while before you have to replace it.  It is easy to change the ink cartridge and install the software.  The installation of the computer and the software took less than ten minutes and was very easy.  The directions are very easy to follow.  It is very easy to use and has a help section that is very easy to understand.  It is very convenient and easy to make copies, with or without the computer being turned on.  Scanning is very easy and the software is very easy to use and has many nice features.  The paper feeds easily.  I have not had many problems at all with paper jams.  I have used a variety of paper sizes with no problems at all.  I really recommend this printer.  It has been hassle free!

I hate this darn printer

I bought my Lexmark Z2300 because it was on sale and I've used the brand for several years with no major problems. But this model is horrid. and really leaves a bad...Read complete review

I bought my Lexmark Z2300 because it was on sale and I've used the brand for several years with no major problems. But this model is horrid. and really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

No matter what size ink cartridge I get, it runs dry way too quickly so started just buying refill kits for it the same as my Canon and HP units use because the cost just keeps going up and it costs less to buy a new model then to buy the ink cartridge that goes with it.  I also am really unhappy about what happens when I buy colored ink refill kits. When they are filled and installed, the Z2300 refuses to acknowledge that they have even been installed and so it won't print in color. It doesn't matter what brand I use and I've called Lexmark for help and they act like it is just because of the refill kit, but I use them in all my other printers with no problem.  It usually takes at least an hour of fiddling around to get started any type of printing because every time we do anything to the printer it has to go through the entire re-install process so it prints at least 5 pages of alignment pages. Finally got smart and just reuse the same sheet over and over, but it is still a big hassle that makes life really hard for me because I print a LOT of stuff every week.

Printer is low cost and low quality.

from Apollo, PA

Comments about Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Photo Printer:

I was very disappointed in this printer. We got it low cost with our computer and thought it would be great instead of buying a seperate printer. I am convinced it is low cost because it is low quality. It did print pages ok, but the ink cartridge is all one so if it runs out of black and you need to replace it you lose out on the colored ink that is still useable, it is a total waste of your money. The ink itself is not that cheap. We have since bought an HP inkjet and I looking back I don't think  the ink in the lexmark lasts as long as other printers either. Also, each time you change the cartridge it prints an alignment page. Again wastes ink, time, and money. It is lightweight which makes it easy to move or relocate but that is its only good feature. If you are looking for a printer I would recommend you look elsewhere, at least if you want quality. Look for another printer and save yourself alot of money.

Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Photo Printer ...Plain and Simple

from Cameron, NC

**The Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Photo Printer was my first printer. **

**It's durable and simple to use and set up.**

**Recommended for customers who don't want the bells and whistles (fax, scan).**

**The down-side is Lexmark ink is not cheap. Although the black is refillable, I found the color cartridge didn't print good if refilled.**

Wouldn't buy this again

from Larned, KS

Comments about Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Photo Printer:

I bought this printer awhile back because it was on sale. What a mistake, I am always having problems with it not printing or jamming up. It was a waste of my money for sure. It prints out okay when it is acutally working, which is very rare. I would suggest steering clear of this model of printer to save you money and time in the long run!

I am very pleased with the overall performance of this printer

from Youngstown, OH

Comments about Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Photo Printer:

Not a very high quality printer.

from Level Plains, AL

Comments about Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Photo Printer:

The Lexmark Z2300 printer is not a very good printer for everyday use.  We are not a family that prints a lot of things on a daily basis and it still did not meet our needs.  It is a very cheaply made printer.  The outside body of the printer is made out of cheap plastic that tends to just snap and break.  Within the first few months of use, the paper feeder tray broke off the printer, and we had to try to reattach it using glue and screws.  We purchased this printer because it was one of the cheaper printers at the store, and figured we didn't need an expensive one to meet our families needs but we were wrong.  The printer ink itself is also quite expensive.  Once we used the ink cartridges that were included with the printer, we realized that it was almost as cheap to buy another printer then it was to replace the ink.  The ink cartridges that fit this printer can not be refilled, so you have to purchase new ones any time the ink runs out.  We finally just replaced our printer with a little more expensive one that had cheaper ink cartridges.

Old school Lexmark...

from Wantagh, NY

Comments about Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Photo Printer:

Lexmark has really really good customer support. Thats why this printer deserves any stars at all! They replaced this printer for us so many times, they even upgraded us, which was great. But this printer was not reliable - it failed us way too many times, and I would not reccomend it to anyone. I can't even tell you how the ink, printing, or overall quality was because we never got to really experience it. i remember it came with our compaq computer when we first bought this (this is a really old model! maybe 8 years + !!). Maybe we just had a bad bach of these and had a really bad experience but I would not reccomend this printer to others, there are so many others out there that are better than this one! Lexmark generally has a good line though, maybe they have improved. And their customer service is ideal, unlike other printer companies they replaces your printer with out asking too many questions and without much trouble.

The Lexmark Printer only worked once

from North Hollywood, CA

Comments about Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Photo Printer:

The** Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Photo Printer **only worked for me once after I had taken the time to set it up. The printer is small and lightweight which I thought was a great thing, but unfortunately, this machine did not work! I was hoping to use this in my classroom and even brought it in and set it up, but it only printed one document and then proceeded to quit working. The ink which I though was brand new instantly ran out after the first attempt at printing. I called the company to get some assistance, but no one could figure out what happened with the printer. I was highly disappointed with the **Lexmark Z2300 Inkjet Photo Printer. **I could not return the printer because I had already used it and the company would not take it back. I will never again buy a Lexmark printer. This printer was such a disappointment and such a waste of money. I have now purchased a Kodak and am extremely satisfied with that purchase. ****

okay printer, expensive cartridges

from Saint Cloud, MN

Comments about Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Photo Printer:

This Lexmark Z 2300 printer is okay.  And by that, I mean, truly it's just okay.  It gets the job done.  i have not had any malfunctions with it.  It prints in black and white or color.  I typically just use the black ink  cartridges.  When you put the printing preferences to "quick print" this helps to save on ink because the printing does not come out quite as dark, which is just fine for what I use it for.  If I was to be typing and printing out college papers, I would probably have to use a better print quality setting, which would use more ink.

The quality about this printer which causes me to say it's truly just "okay"  and why I give it an average rating is that it goes through ink quite fast, which is fine.  In the past with other printers (even Lexmark printers) I have been able to refill the ink cartridges on my own with the ink kits.  However, this printer will not recognize a refilled cartridge.  quite frustrating, and more expensive.

the Lexmark Z2300 is a good printer, but uses alot of ink

from Vancleave, MS

Comments about Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Photo Printer:

The Lexmark Z2300 is a good printer overall. It has good quality prints that don't smudge. The paper feeds quickly and doesn't jam. I'm able to print copies quickly. The price of the printer was not very much. I'm not very computer savy, but the software was very easy to install. It only took a few minutes to install.

The only drawbacks to the Lexmark Z2300 is that it uses quite a bit of ink. I use it mainly to print coupons and have been going through ink quickly. The refill ink is also expensive. It has 2 ink cartridges, black and color. One really good thing about the Lexmark Z2300 is even if one ink is empty you are still able to print. Also, you are able to print black type even with only the color cartridge installed. This is a very nice feature.

Overall, I would recommend the Lexmark Z2300 to my friends. The quality of the prints are very good and the initial cost of the printer is low. My only negative about the printer is the ink consumption and replacement cost, but I'm kind of a penny pincher so to most people this would most likely not be an issue.

Don't waste your money!

from Owings Mills, MD

Comments about Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Photo Printer:

I bought this inexpensive printer to use with my laptop because the one attached to my desktop is older and not wireless-capable. It work decently for a few months, and then began to freeze in the middle of printing jobs. I couldn't delete or restart the printing without a restart of my computer numerous times. After almost a year of frustration, I trashed it and bought an HP!