View more all in one printers

3.8
Other All-In-One Printers:
Lexmark
20R1500
Lexmark All-In-One Printer X5650

Lexmark All-In-One Printer X5650

3.8

This is a good inexpensive printer.

I've owned a Lexmark X5650 printer for 3 years now and use it on a daily basis in my home office. I fax with it and of course, tons of printing. It's easy to use and when I print pictures, they are very nice. The only thing I don't like about this printer is the expense of the ink cartridges. Unless you purchase the XL36 or XL37, you're going to be buying ink a lot if you print more than one or two pages a day.

I run have run this thing constantly for about 3 years and it has performed beyond my expectations.

Copy Quality
Copy quality has been great. Photographs come out really nice.

Ink/Paper Use
I use a lot of paper so that's not an issue however, the ink cartridges are disappointing because they are very expensive and I don't feel like you get your printings worth for the price of the ink.

Very easy to use. The flatbed makes it a breeze to copy or scan.

It's held up very nicely for me for 3 years.

I like the design because it's compact and doesn't take up a lot of room. The only thing I would like to see different is when you lift the lid to place something on the glass, the lid stay up.

Worst printer EVER!!

My husband bought this printer for his business but the entire family uses it.  After a month of use, one of the rollers went bad.  I contacted the company via online chat and after much discussion - well over an hour - the customer service rep told me that she would replace the printer.  She confirmed my name and address and told me that we would have the replacement within 3 - 5 business days.  Well, a couple of days later, we received a package.  Not a replacement printer, but an ink cartridge.  I immediately contacted the company and advised of the previous chat - I printed the chat transcript at work since I did not have a home printer.  The customer service rep told me that he was very sorry, that there was a mess up in the shipping department and that we would have a replacement printer within 5 - 7 days.  This time, after 7 days, no printer.  I again contacted the company and again was told how very sorry they were, that the printer was never shipped and that we would receive a new printer within 7 - 10 days (you see how they keep dragging this out).  At that point my husband said that he simply couldn't wait any longer and that we needed to purchase a new printer.  We asked about getting a refund.  Well, the company didn't like that too much.  They told me they would upgrade the printer and ship it priority (now I should have it within two days (why couldn't I get that service the first time?).  I told them matter of factly that if they could not get the new printer to me within two days, they should not send it.  Two days later, a new printer arrived.  However, it was not the upgrade as promised.  It was the same junk we had before.  We are still using that printer.  We go through about 2 ink cartridges a month and they are extremely expensive to replace.  All in all, I wish we had gotten a refund.

This is a good inexpensive printer.

from Springfield, MO

Copy Quality
Copy quality has been great. Photographs come out really nice.

Ink/Paper Use

Very easy to use. The flatbed makes it a breeze to copy or scan.

It's held up very nicely for me for 3 years.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

I recommend this printer!

from Lynn, MA

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X5650:

I got a great deal on this printer about a year ago. I just needed a new printer and I was happy with the price. So I was very impressed with all the great features it has. First, I was very happy about the ease of hook up and their customer service is great in case you have any problems. The speed of the printing is outstanding, sure beats my old printer. Prints and copies come out very clear. The scanner, which I use alot, works great. It is also very good for photo printing. Photos come out nice and you can even load your memory card right into the printer, no computer necessary. I have not used the fax, so I do not have an opinion on that feature. Ink is inexpensive and very easy to find anywhere. I always find my ink at Walmart. I find it doesn't eat up ink like my old printer. My children use this all the time for school and school projects. They find it easy to use and results come out wonderful.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

Good printer for the price

from Layton, UT

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X5650:

I needed a small printer for printing envelopes for a monthly newsletter we send out. This one is cheap and easy to install. Does pull more than one paper through sometimes, so have to watch that. I do love the option to purchase the XL ink cartridges.

The lexmark 5650 all in one is a good value for the money

from De Pere, WI

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X5650:

The X5650 is a good value for the money. The fax machine works very well and fast, the copier is ok, it does however go through ink very quickly and that's where the expense is. I do like the quality of the photo prints and the ease of use. It is a good machine.

Only buy if you don't mind being used

from Pickerington, OH

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X5650:

I owned this printer for over a year and I am very disappointed with it. The ink cartridges were very expensive and ran out often. Lexmark has very little issue with trying to force you to only buy their ink and to buy it often. The ink cartridges for this printer contain a microchip that alerts the printer when the cartridge is empty. Once that chip in that cartridge reads empty once, it will not reset even if you refill the cartridge. This makes it virtually impossible to not buy a new cartridge at very high prices everytime you run out. Furthermore, my software had a "glitch" that made me unable to sitch my printer to print in greyscale only. My wife prints many coupons a week and the price spent on new color cartridges almost made it not worth it.

Another issue with this printer is that the Lexmark XL cartridges, that are specifically for this printer, do not always work. I purchased the black XL cartridge that was supposed to get double the prints and the cartridge kept reading empty. I checked on-line and this is a common occurance.

In summary, run screaming from this printer. I recently replaced my "working" Lexmark with a Canon Pixma. Best choice I ever made.

All in one is all great

from Fayetteville, NC

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X5650:

This printer is very user friendly. I love it. My kids love it, and my husband loves it as well. To find something that all of us enjoy to use, and is easy enough for all of us to use is a rare occurance. I love how this machine, copies, faxes, prints and scans. I also use the regular ink, and print pictures on picture paper. Even though it suggests that you should use a photo ink, I never have the and ink works great. We have always have a lexmark, and we always will I believe. I even crashed my computer, and lost all the installation CD's and you can get them on their wesbiste. I love how fast this printer copies. I love how fast this printer prints, and I love how fast it scans. This printer has some sleek colors, and looks nice. My only complaint would be that it is a tad heavy and bulky, but that is not a real concern of ours. The goods outweigh the bad by far on this printer. I love it.

Good buy for the money

from Lancaster, CA

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X5650:

***The Lexmark X5650es All in one printer is a good buy for the price. It does everything from copy documents, scan to a computer, fax to any location, print items from online, and also has the ability to take pictures from a memory card and transfer them to paper. For the most part it's a great thing to have for someone who works out of their home office or just needs a printer that can do everything. I do have to say  that if the price was any higher , I would be inclined to purchase another brand. Overall it is pretty good.***

absolutely awesome

from Lebanon, TN

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X5650:

I have just bought this Lexmark serier x5650 from HSN television. I got a really good deal for 79.00 and got extra ink and photo paper with it and along with came the usb cables. What a grwat bargain. The type of ink it uses is number 36 and 37. It comes with half cartrideges to get started and then you buy a full set. I have printed out photos from my Disney trip with the granddaughter and I have scanned things already and you can fax and copy. The software is easy to use and to set up. I never thought I would like an inkjet printer cause i always had laser jet but, I am glad I made the switch. The color and the quality is very sharp and very colorful. very user friendly and easy to use with the t ouch of one button. You can put you scan disk card in and print from there instead of going through your computer. You can also use it as one cartridge and save some of your color if you wanted to go with just the  black and white.

Lexmark X5650 printer ink should las longer.

from Edwardsville, IL

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X5650:

The Lexmark X5650 is an overall good printer.  For a small small business it has good speed, and quality printouts. Has good speed in faxing and the scanner feature is great.  The only draw back is that the printer seems to run out of ink to quickly.

Lexmark X5650 all in one is great, its easy to use.

from Greenville, TX

Comments about Lexmark All-In-One Printer X5650:

I have always bought a Lexmark printer.  And this on, the X5650,  is the best one I have bought so far.  I would definitely buy another one when this one breaks.  They are easy to use and the ink cartridges are not expensive and easy to install.  The best feature would be the fax.  I dont do that much but when I do, its easy to fax to where ever you need to fax to.  Also the copy and scan features are wonderful.  with just one touch to do whatever you needed to do.