Other Laptops:
Lenovo
M9751506
Lenovo ThinkPad T43 Notebook PC

Lenovo ThinkPad T43 Notebook PC

Sturdy first time laptop!

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T43 Notebook PC:

I absolutely loved this laptop! it lasted me a long time (6 years) plus I had bought it used from an off lease company. If you are in need of a cheap laptop that just needs to run basic programs and last a while, Then grab an IBM T43!!!

This laptop is extremely easy to use. I absolutely love the track ball (The little red dot that replaces a mouse) as it makes it much easier for the user to point and click. A must for those that do not like the traditional laptop mousepads or do not wish to connect a mouse.

Battery Life
The battery life on this Laptop is around average. I used to get around 2 hours on a brand new 9 cell battery. In the end I had to use an external battery back but for the money I spent I half expected this.

Support & Service
IBM (Lenovo) tends to be pretty good with their support as they normally release driver updates.

Speed/Performance
This laptop had an average speed and performace compared to competitors at the time of its release. This can be expected for these types of budget computers.

Nice and sleek design. Very light weight and not too big and bulky.

Very Durable

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

this ibm laptop good light laptop

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T43 Notebook PC:

If you need a good laptop, the IBM/Lenovo is a reliable one. Light and still powerfull enough. Would like local support, as in the USA, as the Indian folks on tech support are hard to understand. But my early tech support that I needed was provided by someone in the US and it was very good. I have required service out of warranty, and it has been OK at best. But the problems are not manufacturer related, but software.

No matter what PC you buy, regularly use the Windows Restore Option on a regular basis. That will protect you no matter the brand you buy.

ALRIGHT !

from union cityUnion City, GA

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T43 Notebook PC:

I LIKE MY THINKPAD BUT NOT SO MUCH VISTA.CAN YOU SAY, INCOMPATABLE ?THIS VERSION HAS PROBLEMS WITH ALMOST EVERY PROGRAM I USE AND SITE I LOVE! OH WELL THATS LIFE IN THE TECHNO WORLD I GUESS,LOL.I M GONNA HAVE TO SHELL OUT A LITTLE MORE CASH AND GET A MORE USER FRIENDLY VERSION.SOMETIMES DOWNGRADING IS GOOD!

Great laptop, but only 1024x768?

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T43 Notebook PC:

The T43 is a great laptop by IBM, but make sure you watch out for some versions of it that only support up to 1024x768.  The T43p I believe supports Thinkpads traditional 1400x1050 resolution.  I've used a T-series Thinkpad for 4 years, and they are great products.

Very convenient size and durability

from Pompano Beach, FL

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T43 Notebook PC:

I have been using the IBM thinkpad t-43 laptop for 3-4 years and it's still going strong.Right size for me as I don't like bulky computers that have to stay at a station.On the whole very high quality but I do have a complaint about the cheap cd-rom unit that jammed and broke meaning i am limited as to how I can download applications now.This happened on my previuos laptop as well(toshba)so the problem appears not to be unique to IBM.

IBM thinkpad laptop - The best

from Irving, TX

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T43 Notebook PC:

**IBM Thinkpad T43 Laptop** - I have been using this laptop for more than three years. The usability is simple and did not find any fault in this laptop. The service is good. Its not very thin like any other recent laptop but not too heavy. It comes with very good configuration and the only thing it lacks right now is Webcam. Otherwise its a great laptop to work with. I dont feel like going for a new laptop since it works great for me. There is nothing i could able to complain. It comes with DVD writer. Standard 6 cell battery. The best part is the finger print reader which i like in this laptop.Its a substitute for password logins.It has a very good wireless range.The key board keys are simple and no trouble typing or working on it. It includes all the ports and slots which we expect in anyother laptop.Its a well designed laptop with all the required features to support the user. This is a very good laptop and i would recommend to anyone.

Bulky, not trendy. Functional

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T43 Notebook PC:

It is adequate. Serves my purposes of being online and emailing. I also do a lot of homework on the laptop, using Microsoft office software.  Screen is large and have nice resolution. However, it is bulky and heavy, and far from stylish.  The standard, boxy shape isn't a huge drawback but certainly not a plus.

this is the best laptop on the market today.

from Independence, MO

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T43 Notebook PC:

a friend of mine that is into computers as much as i am, told me about this laptop. IBM sold it to a Chinese manufacturer, and upon research found it to be least likely to break down compared to other laptops! if you where to go to the microcenter web page, and click on special promotions on the right side of the screen, then on the left side of the screen you would see on-line catalogs, go to page 7 of said such catalog, then you would be able to check out their on-line flier. you would see this particular laptop. on sale. there are two of them being advertised at this time. i am sure you would be able to google the name lenovo and find other places to buy such a wonderful laptop, but this is the only place i shop for computer parts and accessories for my self. you can also subscribe to the on-line catalog so you can receive it in your email inbox also. research this laptop for yourself, please don't take my word for it, see for yourself.