Other Laptops:

Lenovo ThinkPad T410 Notebook PC

Pros

Cons

Durable, strong, stable laptop

This Lenovo Thinkpad (I have E520) is for the office use. It is very durable, strong, works stable. You can do whatever you want. Only issue might be the weight of it, since it is a little bit heavy to carry everyday.

It is very easy to use. Its keyboard is easy to write. Since I have been writing a lot for my academic career, Lenovo thinkpad is my favorite laptop. I also have a Mac, but I prefer to use Lenovo when I write articles. It is also very effective that it has two mouse clicks.

Battery Life
first I start using my Lenovo, the battery worked for over than 2 hours. In those days, I was using my laptop even on the bus. But after a year, the battery started to take less time. Now I have to use my Lenovo as a desktop computer. It still works perfect, but the battery is dead.

Support & Service
I have not used the service, but my husband fixed it easily since he is a computer engineer. But he says the parts are not cheap, such as battery. I wanted him to fix my battery problem, but he said buying a new laptop is more affordable and worthy.

Speed/Performance
I am very satisfied with its performance. I know that my laptop has many viruses, but it works perfectly. I never see it slows down. I am always happy with its performance. No noise, no heat. Nothing unwanted. Especially due to these two reasons I highly recommend it.

I love its design. Little red dot and little red lines on the mouse parts are cool. You can use the red dot as a mouse which is very practical. My laptop also has numbers on the right sight, which is very efficient to do calculations in my engineering works.

It is highly durable.

The Lenovo PC notebook's keyboard stopped working quickly.

The PC notebook worked almost as well as any other computer, and I'll compare it to a PC desktop because I'm more of a fan of those. Whereas it worked fine for a little while, it wasn't very long until the keyboard completely went out. I had to plug a whole new keyboard into it, which basically defeats the purpose of a portable laptop. Very soon after the screen began glitch, and it would altogether fade out into white our black. Don't buy this laptop if you're committed to your technology.

A great computer for business

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T410 Notebook PC:

I bought this computer after my last one, a Toshiba Satellite, died after several years of service. The choice was made after careful deliberation and scouring the internet for reviews. I really glad I made the choice - it does everything I need it to, is a great size, and has a great battery life for the price.

Really easy to use. I'm not a novice, but not an expert either. I had it up and running and was using it within in 20 minutes (guess) of opening the box.

Battery Life
When not plugged in, the Thinkpad has a bout 4 hours of battery life. Of course, if I'm using the computer for things that use a lot of memory or put a load on the system, the length of the battery life decreases. For instance, I like to stream movies and shows on my laptop, and when I do, the length of my battery life shortens, especially if I'm doing other things at the same time.

Support & Service
I really haven't had to use the support at Lenovo for this computer so I'm giving it a mid-range review. It does have a program on the computer that reminds me to backup my hard drive and do other tasks that is helpful.

Speed/Performance
Very fast, but I don't have a lot of programs on it yet.

Love the design. Works very well. I do wish it had back lights in the key board.

Only had a couple months but it has been holding up.

• Speed/Performance:

Good first time laptop but battery life is a bit weak

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T410 Notebook PC:

This laptop was originally purchased for my brother as his first laptop. Not too expensive yet suited to his needs so this was a good purchase. I would often use this laptop as it was normally kept in the main room of the house so it was used as the household laptop. Never had any major issues with the laptop (Blue screen of death, random crashes etc) Just the occasional volume control disappearance. The laptop does not get heated up too much as the fan is pretty efficient so the laptop is not too warm to the touch. The battery life has never lasted us more than 3 hours with mild use. Not sure if we were just unlucky or if the battery life is just not as good as other brands out there. Everything else is in good order. The sound quality and video quality is above average for a laptop of this quality. With that being said, amazing first time laptop for an affordable price.

Durable, strong, stable laptop

It is highly durable.

• Speed/Performance:

Solid laptop, great for large projects and easy to use.

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T410 Notebook PC:

This laptop is fairly easy to use, has adequate battery life (although it could be stronger, I think), and it works really well. It's been very durable so far, and it hasn't had any significant glitches so far. I've really enjoyed it.

Very easy to use, and comes with adequate instructions. A few times messing around with it should be sufficient to get the hang of it.

Battery Life
I wish the battery lasted a little longer, but I might just be too idealistic about how long a battery should go for in a laptop. This one can last about four or five hours if you're not doing anything too strenuous, like watching a video.

Support & Service
I haven't had to use any sort of support yet, because so far, it has worked fine.

Speed/Performance
In my opinion, this laptop is really fast. It rarely freezes, but that's probably due to the great processor.

It's a tad bulky, but I really don't mind the look of it.

Very sturdy, very durable feeling laptop. Doesn't feel flimsy and has survived quite a bit of travel.

Steady

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T410 Notebook PC:

I received this computer at work, and it is so much better than the previous computers that we had. It is much faster to start up and it works quickly, unless our system is running slow. It has Windows 7, which is nice, and the graphics look nice on the screen. It is much lighter than our other laptops as well, but it is still very durable. I have twice dropped it onto tile from from a few feet up, and besides some scratches on the case, it works just fine. The only thing that I really do not like is that it does not let you know when you hit the caps lock key. There is not an indicator light and nothing comes up on the screen. Also, the Fn button and Crtl button are switched from my other computer, which has taken some getting used to.

Everything does what it should, with little problem.

Battery Life
It can last for hours if you adjust the light settings.

I've dropped it a few times and everything still works.

Powerful laptop

from Stone Mountain, GA

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T410 Notebook PC:

I purchased this laptop after receiving one for use at my place of work. This is a very robust laptop - it does not feel flimsy like some of the other brand laptops out there today. the locking mechanism on the lid works well and there is easy access to the battery and also to replace or upgrade memory on the underside. The keyboard has larger keys than most and they don't have that annoy "squishy" feeling. The mouse options are three fold - there is a touch pad that you can use, then one of those keyboard mice and the final option is to attach a usb mouse. The laptop itself performs well. The hardware is of high quality and I've had no issues. The battery life is several hours long, so it can easily be used in remote locations for extended periods. The laptop comes with a DVD drive too which allows you to watch movies. All in all a very good laptop for the price. i would definitely recommend this laptop.

Great Laptop

from Bellevue, WA

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T410 Notebook PC:

I received this laptop as a gift for Christmas and have to say I love it. It is easy to use and extremely portable. It access the internet quickly and has a good download time. My only complaint is the keyboard I am still getting used to it, and am having the cursor jump around quite a bit.

Good little laptop

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T410 Notebook PC:

I think Lenovo is an excellent brand overall, even if it isn't particularly trendy. My favorite thing about this laptop is that it starts up and shuts down quickly and quietly, and the battery life is great (about 6 hours when doing office tasks, occasional streaming video, but nothing heavy like a graphics-intensive game). It's a workhorse of a machine and would be great for a college student or office professional.

As long as you're familiar with Windows.

Battery Life
Great battery life, about 6 hours with normal use.

Never tried them.

Speed/Performance
Quite good for the specs.

This is one area that could be improved; Lenovos aren't particularly aesthetic.

Seems very solid

Perfect for students!

from Woodside, NY

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T410 Notebook PC:

The Lenovo Thinkpad T410 is a great laptop for all students alike. Anyone familiar with the thinkpad would gladly welcome the classic keyboard style. Unlike other brand laptops, the Lenovo thinkpad features a matte nonstick low friction touchpad as well as a trackpoint pointing stick, so you could use either as your mouse. This model has a wider touchpad than previous thinkpad models (I compared it to my fellow colleagues). I use the T410 to do all my work and it runs perfectly smooth. What I like about this model is that the laptop turns on and shuts down very quick and efficiently. The batteries last for a good amount of time too. I use a 6-cell and it gives me about 4 hrs and 15 minutes (Only on low brightness. I like to conserve my battery). You’d probably get a lot more if you pay for the extra 9-cell battery. The new laptops come with Windows 7, which is what mine came with, in 64-bit. Windows 7 is a very nice upgrade from XP and vista. Although this laptop is great for the professional works and studies, the laptop also has capability to run games. I had tested a free trial of World of Warcraft on my laptop on optimal settings and everything ran fine. I think it must be the fairly new Intel Core i5 processors that are installed. All in all, this laptop is great, functional, and perfect for students! The only problem I find may be that the price can be seen as a bit high, depending on your opinion.

One HOT Laptop

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad T410 Notebook PC:

Got this recently and LOVE it. I have used the X200 before but this one is something else. Of course with this we have the benefit of an i5 processor so it's much faster. I've been using a Dell for the last year so this is a significant improvement.

I love how the monitor is aligned in the center now (opposed to the T400 where the screen leaned over to the right, so the bezel was not even on both sides). I love the 16:10 screen, not a big fan of widescreen as they lose out on some vertical real estate.

One of the best things about this is the powered USB slot. I love how I can charge my iPod or phone when my laptop is off! I really love it, I hate leaving the computer on simply to charge something, it's a waste of energy so this is definitely saving energy and helping the environment.

This actually has more USB slots than the T510 despite it being bigger. The T510's advantage is the better screen resolution. The top resolution for this is 1440 x 900 which isn't bad in my opinion.

It has a classic look with a matte finish. A must for those who hate fingerprints on glossy finishes!