Other Laptops:

Lenovo ThinkPad SL500 (27469PU) PC Notebook

Pros

Cons

• Speed/Performance:

the computer that is the best kind of basic!

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad SL500 (27469PU) PC Notebook:

We have had the best luck with lenovo computers. They arent flashy or cocky in anyway which to me says alot about the brand because they know they have a good product. My only issue is that the fan on a previous lenovo had a problem of overheating to quickly. But we still buy this brand because we know they work!

For the options we have in todays world of technolgy i think this is the easiest to use of most computers and laptops or ipads, notebooks out their. It has the feeling of this is what i've been used to for the past 10 years (i am 24). I feel like we have to relearn how to use computers but with this I feel comfortable!

Battery Life
I love the long battery life I get with this and its easy to find power saver options!

Support & Service
I havent had any problem with this so far and so i dont have to much of an opinion on this.

Speed/Performance
I have seen faster computers but faster isnt always better. This one is fast but I dont feel like im waiting or like im trying to keep up with it.

Its clean, simple, non flashy and I love that!

It is much lighter than most for its size which it nice and it seem as durable if not more than other brands ive seen because they try to make theirs seem flashy and cool looking and dont take into consideration the quality.

has its pros and cons

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad SL500 (27469PU) PC Notebook:

I received this laptop as a gift...not sure if I would spend money on one though.

Pros - smaller in size than many laptops so easy to hold in lap or carry, opens and closes easily, and seems durable.....

Cons - smaller in size so more awkward to type (you may get used to it if you use it all the time), mouse pad in the middle of the bottom section which was awkward for me to use as well, and I greatly missed having a number pad.

This laptop would be a great buy for a teen perhaps or for someone who needs a mobile computer but doesn't use it a great amount.

Support & Service
not sure really, have never used it

GREAT Laptop!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad SL500 (27469PU) PC Notebook:

For years, I was one of the people who thought laptops could NOT be "as good" as desktop computers. They couldn't contain as much memory, etc. This Lenovo laptop certainly changed my opinion. My husband and I returned home the end of September from a 4,2000-mile road trip and our laptop did all we could have asked from it. We were even able to play a few games (when we had a few minutes "free time" on it). I was able to keep up with emails and surveys that I take for money; my husband was able to conduct a little business using the laptop. It performed splendidly...although we DID plug it in most of the time to conserve the battery.

We purchased a little mouse to go with the laptop. I was able to master the "finger" cursor at the bottom of the keyboard--my husband was not. Even his wide fingers fit on the keys beautifully so he didn't have a row of "e"s across the screen!

Battery Life
While we usually plugged in the laptop, there were times when electrical current just wasn't available. The battery held up magnificently, however we re-charged every night just to be sure.

Didn't need to call.

Speed/Performance
The speed was just as fast as on our desktop computers.

The keys were large enough so even my husband's large fingers fit! For me, the keys sat a bit far back on the keyboard, but I quickly adapted.

So far, so good...