Other Laptops:
Thin and Light Laptops
Lenovo
Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 0301-DBU PC Notebook

Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 0301-DBU PC Notebook

the title tells you what you are buying

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 0301-DBU PC Notebook:

This unit runs on Windows 8 which takes some getting used to. In fact, compared to my Dell it took a lot of getting used to. There are a lot of features that are very time saving, like automatically remembering passwords, etc, but sometimes navigating around the system is very difficult. It requires a lot of attention, like updates and restarts to keep it's performance high.

Once you get used to it, it is easy to use, but I found the learning curve very high. I use the mouse exclusively and had to disable the middle unit as it messed me up losing documents, and other things. It was very frustrating at first.

Battery Life
The battery life is reasonable. It lasts about 3 hours and then starts to fade. I was hoping for something that would last longer.

Support & Service
Excellent support. They are always coming up with updates. I have never had to service the unit so I can't speak on that.

Speed/Performance
This unit is fast. Performance is excellent as long as you keep it updated.

I like the look of the unit which is why I bought it. It has a 17" monitor so it is great for viewing.

This unit is very durable. We have taken it on trips to Mexico, etc., and there isn't a mark on it.

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

Lenovo Thinkpad Edge

Comments about Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 0301-DBU PC Notebook:

Great product. I especially enjoy the chiclet style keyboard. It is a little difficult to clean but that is not a problem. After extended use the grate in front of the fan broke off, probably personal fault though seeing as I had not been using a proper case. It is a bit heavy for carrying around but definitely not enough to be a deterrent from carrying it to class or work. I also like that these computers are compatible with other operating systems such as Linux.

Battery Life
Battery life is average for a computer with this power levels. Customizable features also make it much more power efficient and I can get up to 4 hours of continuous use on battery power alone if I am careful.

Support & Service
I have never had to use tech support with this machine.

Speed/Performance
Good speed, can be slower than I would prefer but that is easily remedied.

Looks a bit clunky as the entire Thinkpad line does. Not as sleek and pretty as the Ideapad but does the job in a utilitarian way.

Other than the breaking of the fan grate the plastic has been very durable. Keys and mouse pad have developed a shine though from over a year of use.

• Battery Life: