Other Building Sets & Blocks:
Building Sets
Lego
LEGO Wall of Legos

LEGO Wall of Legos

The great wall of Lego building blocks

**Legos **building blocks have been around for a really long time. As I child I remember playing with them and my brother loved the sets. For me, I just liked building with the blocks, no sets at all, I liked finding out what I could do with the Lego Blocks all by myself without instructions.

Now there are all kinds of Lego's available plenty to entertain children from preschool to well into elementary school. Lego Block sets as well as specially designed sets with instructions on how to create anything from a space station to fairytale castles.  Lego's are no longer thought to be mostly for boys as little girls enjoy putting all the pieces together and seeing what they can create.

What I like about **Lego's: **

- quality toys

- durable

- well made

- variety of sets, shapes, colors and designs

- no end to your creativity

- good for children of all ages - I know grownups who still enjoy building with Lego's and Viewpoints writer [Fardreamer][1] would probably love to have the Star Wars set to add to his collection.

- inexpensive for what you get

What I don't like about Lego's:

- for some reason my children lose interest in Lego's not as quickly as they do Mega Bloks but Lego's are not a toy that they go looking for but they are always willing to play it when I bring it down

- easily lose pieces

- some of the sets have REALLY small pieces

- can get complicated putting together sets

Overall, Lego's are definitely a toy that most children will enjoy for many years. It encourages imaginative play as well as fine motor skills and it is a toy that the whole family can get involved in together.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/aboutme/Fardreamer

Fun for a bit

My four boys love lego's. So, when I heard a guy at work talking about getting his kids a lego wall., I asked him about it and he told me where they had found it and how much his little girl liked it... So, being a man that I am I decided to just make my own for my children. And at first it was a big hit... they played and played. But, it was not long before they realized that they can't build buildings on the wall and they can't park cars and all the stuff the like to do with their legos. They also couldn't bring in their latest creation to show me, because it was fastened to the wall. Occasionally they still play with it, but for the most part they like to build robots and boats and planes... Not really stuff that you want hanging on the lego wall... I eventually moved the lego wall out to thier clubhouse. They do use it more now that it is out there, but still not very often... Good idea, just not really for my boys. Hope this helps.

Family fun playing with this Lego set

from Morganton, NC

Pros

• Colorful
  • Creative
  • Durable
  • Easy To Assemble
  • Fun
  • Sturdy

Cons

• Imaginative Play
    • Motor Skills Development

Comments about LEGO Wall of Legos:

My little cousins received this set as a gift and the whole family enjoyed jumping in to play and watching the younger family members get creative. A fun set for all ages!

• Was this a gift?:
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Very interactive!

Comments about LEGO Wall of Legos:

This was a huge hit for both our boys and girl. Very interactive with room for all to spread out and create. The board can be put at the level needed for your children, making it more accessible to them. Our kids flocked to this toy more than other toys are their disposal. Highly recommended!

last forever.

from Parker, SD

Comments about LEGO Wall of Legos:

i bought these for my kids when they were little and they still play with them 10 + years later.  what a great imaginative toy.  and i still have some from when i was a kid 30 years ago....you really can't beat lego for quality, imagination or fun.

Legos are the best for kids of all ages.

from Hatboro, PA

Comments about LEGO Wall of Legos:

Both of my twins love Lego Star Wars for the Wii.  One of my twins loves anything Lego's.  When D gets bored, he dumps all his Lego's in a box and I can hear him digging through the pieces for hours.  He says that half the fun in playing with Legos is finding the right pieces to build with.  My twins only 11 years old, but this is one toy that they have played with since birth.  It's a good, safe, non-electronic toy.  And it doesn't use batteries!!  I purchased the Lego's Brickmaster for him, and he knows every other month a new set comes in the mail.  It's something for him to look forward to.  Whenever he gets a large Lego set, he'll sit down and I won't see or hear from him until it's built.  The more pieces the better.  I'm going to buy him the Lego Mindstorm for Christmas.  What a surprise that will be.  This has to be the best toy my sons have.

Still a GREAT toy

from Stuyvesant, NY

Comments about LEGO Wall of Legos:

I LOVE Leggos! They have great ideas for kids, and yet children can use their imagination! I would buy a lot more but I find the older the child gets, the more expensive they're getting. Still value them and would recommend them to anyone, but especially to parents who have ADHD kids!

legos are terrific learning fun toys child must think and build

from Evergreen, CO

Comments about LEGO Wall of Legos:

lefgos are terrific toys  something the child has to do not just play with.  we visited disney in florida and went to lego land and i was sold on this type of gift.  my greatgrandson is 8 will be 9 nov 30  i have already sent him a complicated lego for his birthday and have a list to pick from for xmas.

lego's are one of the best toy ever

from South Zanesville, OH

Comments about LEGO Wall of Legos:

I love lego's! They have been around for many many years but I never get tired of them. There are so many different types. when I was a kid we had block type lego's and we got excited when they started making windows and tires. Now kids cn build just about anything an dthey are making the lego's to be compatable with other building type toys. Our kids can sit for hours building things with the lego's. We built a town with animals, cars, flowers, trees and people one day. We spent most of the day building together. It was great quality time with the kids and we all had a blast. Our daughter has weak fine motor skills and building with thte lego's helps build strength in her hands and helps with hand eye coordination.

I reccomend that every parent gets lego's for thier children, they camoe in many different sizes so they are same for different age groups.

Great learning toy

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about LEGO Wall of Legos:

Wall of Legos is an excellent way for your child to explore and learn while developing his or her inner creativity. What's great is that for cleanup you can simply stack pieces on to the wall for a quick makeshift clean.

Who doesn't love Legos??

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about LEGO Wall of Legos:

Legos are one of those classic favorite toys. As a parent I love legos for many reasons (and dislike them for a few reasons as well! lol)

I love Legos because they offer free, imaginative play. Kids get to use their imagination and their hands to build anything they want. Anything they can think of! You can't find many toys that offer such a thing these days. It's all batteries and electronics. (Not that I am against toys like that.) Legos are a toy loved by boys and girls of any age. My kids will sit down and play with Legos for HOURS, just building houses, or boats. I love that they can play and use their imagination. :)

There are only a couple reasons I dislike Legos, and really they're aren't "big deal" reasons. Number one, they're small pieces and end up all over the house (or at least all over my sons room). Also, my daughter is one and still puts things in her mouth and these are the perfect size to be swallowed.

Now that you know why I love Legos, let me just tell you the Lego wall is AWESOME. I had no idea such a thing existed until recently. My kids love it! My son is working on using legos to spell his name, and he loves trying to build "3D" things that just pop off the wall and look real. I think the Lego wall is a really neat idea. Any Lego lover will love it!!

wall of exploration

from South Pasadena, CA

Comments about LEGO Wall of Legos:

The lego wall of legos is a fantastic toy. The wall of Legos is a neat way of your children to interact with legos in a different orientation than how they're probably used to. The wall sets legos in a vertical orientation, which makes making mosaic and spelling things a lot easier. A lot of kids do not spell anything however from my experience and they merely just stack pieces on top of one another. That would normally not be a problem since plates are normally placed in a horizontal orientation and gravity pulls the stacks of Legos down. But when they are placed in a verical orientation the Legos tend to pull themselves down and come crashing down if the stack is too high. You need to be careful and make sure that the Lego bricks don't end up on the floor as they can be a source for children stumbling and slipping. But in general the Lego wall is a great for your kids to tinker around with lego and to build things based on where their mind takes them. This is great for an afterschool program or a school classroom.