2.5

2.5

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Leather me up! I want one of everything!

***Quick View:*** I admit, I have a tough time deciding whether to wear leather or not. I love it but I love animals and I have an inner struggle with myself over it. However, when I do wear leather, I often go to **LeatherUp.com**. Prices are really good and quality is high.

***About LeatherUp.com***

This site sells all kinds of leather goods from motorcycle jackets to dressy leather coats to boots and shoes (mostly biker style) to leather pants, chaps, vests, and bike accessories. Their prices are really good and they carry name brands, notably Harley Davidson, which is my favorite brand in boots. The site has mostly biker style products but you can find dressier items as well. I love biker jackets and boots so this site is right up my alley. They have a flat $7.95 shipping fee, a 30 day return policy, and a low price guarantee. I have bought several pairs of boots and sandals as well as a jacket or ... um ... three from the site and quality is HIGH! I lust over the leather pants but have to be realistic. I don't think an old lady in leather pants would look too cool. Still, the prices are so good and the quality is so high ...

Anyway, this is a great site for those who ride bikes or just like leather in general. They have helmets, saddlebags, and other bike accessories too but I really think their boots and jackets are the standouts. I am always so amazed when I see the low prices.

***My Viewpoint***

LeatherUp.com is one site I return to over and over again. I like the changing stock and the discounted prices on high quality name brand merchandise. I like the low shipping fee and the return policy. I have not yet gotten anything I was disappointed in and I will shop there again. ***I give this site 5 stars***. It really is a gem among all the overpriced leather sites.

Poor Customer Service, Shady Practices...STAY AWAY!

Leatherup.com's prices were great.  I ordered over $200 worth of products from them as a gift for someone else.  Since it was was gift, it was shipped to a different address than my billing address...a COMMON practice.  Leatherup approved my order along with a 15% off coupon code.  A WEEK goes by (not one day or two days, a WEEK) and I finally get an email stating that according to their policy, they will need me to fill out and fax over a credit verification form since I was shipping to an address other than my billing address.  Fine. Strange, but fine. Form was filled out and faxed over.  I was sent an email that evening that my order was once again approved and will be shipped. THREE days later, I was called by customer service (John V.) and told my credit card was declined.  I tried to explain that the number used almost two weeks ago at this point was a one time use only INTERNET SAFE number through mastercard and cannot be re-ran through the system, but that was not comprehended. An online store that never heard of internet safe numbers that all major credit card companies now offer????  Shady if you ask me. I gave up the original credit card number over the phone and just kept a close watch on my activity.  If this wasnt such an importaqnt gift that needed to be there very soon at this point, I would have cancelled the order long ago!A few days later I finally receive confirmation that the order shipped.  When I checked the total, it was MINUS the 15% discount I originally used to place the order!  The total was over $30 more than I originally approved.  I kindly contacted customer service once again and was told that the code expired and they would not apply it to my order.  It was their fault that the order took so long!  When I asked to apply a different a code, I was told it could not be done.  That is a POOR business practice and the company has been reported the BBB for it.  I originally approved an order for $30 less, I should have been notified if they were not going to honor a code due to their procrastination, not mine.I would return the package immediately upon reciept, but since it was a gift, I cannot in good conscience do that to my friend.  I will NEVER order anything from this company again!  Good prices or not.

Crooks!!

from Montreal Canada

Comments about LeatherUp.com:

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!
After contacting the customer service department and giving them my measurements I was told to purchase a Medium sized jacket. Because the rep didn't sound like she knew what she was talking about I ordered a 2X Large. When it can 12 days later it was too small. It was nowhere near a 2X Large. I called back customer service . A very defensive rep said I could return it and exchange it for a 3X Large – which he assured me was in stock. I did so at my expense and seven days later the rep calls me back and tells me the item is not in stock at which time I asked for a full refund. They issued a refund Minus the shipping fee I originally paid and the shipping fee I paid to return it AND they DID NOT REFUND THE TAX COLLECTED . Is this not TAX fraud? This company is a RIP OFF plain and simple - Do not trust a word they say!!!

upset customer

from Fox Lake, IL

Comments about LeatherUp.com:

This site has lots of beautiful things but always out of sizes Large & up or out of the item completely. I ordered a vest for my husband & the mail man knocked on our door & said I needed to pay $7.63 to get the package! I was so confused as they charged $5.95 for shipping to my card when I made the purchase, well apparently they didn't charge enough! I didn't have cash on me which is all the post man could accept so he had to take the package & tell me to come to post office to pick it up! It was Saturday & my husband was really looking forward to getting it for the weekend, well not only was the post office now closed but was closed Sun & Mon (due to Martin Luther King day) So we had to wait to get the package until the following Tuesday!!! Customer service was closed as well but open Mon. So I called Monday & the woman was really rude & said that I should pay the money & they will credit my card afterwards or send it back & start over! She gave no explanation as to what happened. I asked if I could get a total refund for shipping for the inconvenience of having to pick up my package at the post office & waiting 3 days longer, (so all I was asking for was the lousy $5.95 I already paid) She said she would talk to a manager & get back to me tomorrow. The next afternoon rep called & said they will only credit the additional money I had to pay at the post office! And they never even apologized! They have HORRIBLE customer service. I will never shop there again. I can find things I like on their site & look on line & find the same thing elsewhere at a place with good customer service, & that actually stocks their merchandise! Steer clear from leather up....you've been warned!!

return policy

from new mexico

Comments about LeatherUp.com:

I ordered a helmet online and was not sure of size. I was comfortable ordering from leatherup because they said that an item could be returned within 30 days without any problem. I tried on the helmet and it was too big. I returned the helmet within a week and they refused the return because the helmet was "in used noticeable condition" which it obviously was not. I am suspicious that their policy is actually to make it impossible to return an item

POOR quality POOR service

from Texas

Comments about LeatherUp.com:

i purchased boots. They came apart after ONE wearing. Was asked to send item back for exchange or refund. I asked for an exchange. Theyw ill not exchange. Stated they will repair the item and return it to me. NOT what I was told bu representative.

Out of stock

from Boise, ID

Comments about LeatherUp.com:

This website has so many cool pictures of motorcycle products. I could spend an hour looking at all the cool photos of leather jackets and helmets, and drool over all the cool pics of things I'd love to give them my money for. Too bad that's all this site has is PICTURES of cool stuff. Everything that I liked was either out of my size (m-lg) or out of stock or discontinued completely. So, basically I go to leatherup, find an item that I really like, and then spend another good amount of time trying to find that same item elsewhere on the internet, and give THEM my business.

Okay - If you aren't expecting genuine leather products.

Comments about LeatherUp.com:

This site is good for what it is. I found they carry items that aren't genuine leather, and yes, the prices are much lower than you would pay for leather, but it is not real leather. So, if you are okay with purchasing items that aren't genuine, or if you are simply looking for cheaper riding gear, you can find it here. I actually ordered a couple pairs of gloves, which were extremely cheap and great quality. I was disappointed that they weren't real leather, but were sold as if they were. This is the only reason for the lower rating. If I knew I was purchasing a product that wasn't genuine, I would have been happy. Their products are not poor quality, they are just not genuine leather. I would order from them again with this said, as prices are low, shipping is quick, and they do have quite an extensive selection of cheaper riding gear that is available on their site, ranging from gloves to boots, pants, and vests.

Leather up sells garbage

Comments about LeatherUp.com:

their return policy is BULLSH*T as is their employees attitude..

bought a jacket and once received I found that the liner zipper was NO GOOD.. instead of doing the right thing by mailing me a replacement liner and once I received it I would send the bad one back.. their solution is SEND BACK THE WHOLE JACKET , they will fix it and ship it back to me in 2-3 weeks... 2-3 WEEKS!! WELL I need the jacket NOW as it has gotten cold here in NJ and I still ride up until salt hits the road..

furthermore

the liner weighs about 13oz and would cost me around $4 to ship back insured.. the whole jacket weighs 8lbs and will run about $20 to ship back to them via UPS or fedex ground so this would have to be added to the purchase price and makes this NOT SUCH A GOOD DEAL AFTERALL..

the BEST PART IS when I informed them that if I had to ship the whole jacket back they may as well refund the money I paid and I would just buy a whole new jacket that I could have in about 6 days their HALF A**ED EMPLOYEE ASKED ME

did you wear it??

uhhh YEAH I had it on I mean how do you think I found that the zipper was sewn wrong?

WELL IN THAT CASE ITS USED AND YOU CANT HAVE A REFUND..

are you F'ing kidding me?? how are you supposed to know if its bad if you don't try it on???... then after reading others complaints on the web I find that this has been their tactic for the past few years... one guy bought a windshield correct part number on box wrong windshield .. asked if he opened box?? really HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KNOW IT WAS WRONG UNLESS YOU OPENED THE BOX.. employee sated to him that it was used and couldn't be returned.. so he is stuck with a windshield that he has no idea what it fits..

when they do let you make a return they make you jump through hoops to do it and most people will get SO FRUSTRATED they will just give up..

let me just close with this... after posting of my experience on the web I received a GREAT MANY RESPONSES and one main thing that we ALL HAD IN COMMON was not only the attitude of their employees from management on down BUT 1 STAR REVIEWS WE ALL LEFT THAT WERE REMOVED BY THEM.. SO YOU SEE THIS IS WHY THEY ARE SO HIGHLY RATED ON THEIR WEB STATS... THEY REMOVE BAD COMPANY REVIEWS SO AS TO SKEW THE RESULTS IN THEIR FAVOR..... so if this is the case HOW CAN YOU BELIEVE ANY OF THEIR RATINGS ON ANY SITE AS IT COULD BE THEIR EMPLOYEES RATING THEIR OWN COMPANY

keep this in mind before making a purchase from a company that is so DISHONEST..

Beautiful Jackets and chaps

Comments about LeatherUp.com:

I stumbled upon this store when I retired and my husband wanted to take up motorcycling. I reverted back to the days when we were first dating and wanted to dress alike. This online store has everything you could imagine. I love it and I love looking around the site to see what they have that is new.

Easy to navigate the site. I love that I can click on a tab and whatever the tab says that is what is under the tab. The pages load up fairly quickly and the filters they use are fabulous because it does actually search for the criteria you put in.

Product Selection
You name it, they have it. I am in heaven when shopping his site, as I can't get enough of the items they have that fit every personality, and every size.

Product Pricing
Reasonably priced, quite possibly a few dollars cheaper than a well known site that sells practically the same items.

Customer Service
Great customer service department, as they are always nice, patient and respectful.

Shipping and Returns
Excellent shipping and returns policy.

the worst ever

Comments about LeatherUp.com:

forced to pay return shipping even though it was their error...would then only refund 75% after fighting with them for hours...the worst purchase experience I have ever had...stay away...they are crooks for sure...you will be sorry and you will get ripped off for sure..YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Customer Service
THE VERY WORST EVER...ANYWHERE

Shipping and Returns
CROOKED AND DISHONEST..YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY AND BE FORCED TO PAY RETURN SHIPPING

Good for motorcycle equipment

from Utah

Comments about LeatherUp.com:

For a recent bike trip, I was looking for some new boots and chaps, and I was able to find some good products. They worked well, and we had a great time on our trip.

The site is clearly divided into different categories. The types of clothes are clearly separated, and also divided into guys and girls. The other products (different types of motorcycle parts, helmets, accessories, etc.) are also very clearly labeled and easy to sort through. Other than taking a little bit of time to choose between the actual options that were there (simply to choose the best, not that it was clear), I was able to find what I was looking for and go through the checkout and payment process very quickly.

Product Selection
The main thing that I was looking for was some clothing items, but I also needed some parts for my bike. I was able to find a good exhaust pipe on my bike.

Shipping and Returns
I received my order just a few days after placing the order, and it came in perfect condition.