4.8

Learning Curve Thomas & Friends Wooden Oval Railway

4.8

Great Thomas toy

Comments about Learning Curve Thomas & Friends Wooden Oval Railway:

I love the Thomas wooden tracks, I know they are a bit more pricey than the off brands, but the quality is worth the price in my opinion. My 3 and 5 year old love to play with Thomas for hours. It really fosters creative play and my boys love to act out scenes from the movies with their wooden Thomas tracks.

Thomas & Friends Wooden Oval Railway

Comments about Learning Curve Thomas & Friends Wooden Oval Railway:

This little Railway was the first train set I bought for my budding train driver. He subsequently turned into a bit of a Thomas the Tank Engine fanatic! He would spend endless amounts of time putting the track together and adjusting it, and over time we bought many more add-ons, trains, tracks, bridges and signal boxes. They were not cheap to buy but they were very well hand crafted. We must now have in excess of 200 pieces in our train set and the only slight problem we've encountered over the years is that, if you add too many magnetic trains, they don't ease round the corner so well (it's like the magnet is not strong enough to hold 15 carriages - unsurprisingly). One other little adjustment I would make is that the base of the signals is not really wide enough and it falls over constantly. But generally these are a fabulous quality and now that my kids are done playing with it, it's the one toy I want to keep in the hopes that I have grandchildren one day.

Perfect Thomas set for little kids or little spaces

from Evanston, IL

Comments about Learning Curve Thomas & Friends Wooden Oval Railway:

My one year old received this basic Thomas set as a Christmas gift. It is the perfect size for him. He really can't assemble the tracks himself, but he does like to drive the train around when we set it up. I like that it's small because that means less pieces to clean up! Really, for a kid that plays with it for maybe 10 minutes this track is plenty long enough. The price is reasonable too.

The best part is that if my son is really interested in trains as he gets older, we can just buy more track and engines to add on. Since the Thomas parts all work together, it's no problem. And if he's not interested, we haven't wasted too much money or space with this smaller set. I'm glad this set is an option!

Great Thomas starter set for toddlers

from Ann Arbor, MI

Comments about Learning Curve Thomas & Friends Wooden Oval Railway:

I got the Thomas and Friends wooden railway oval set for my son when he had just turned 2 years old.  It was a great starter set for what is now a large Thomas collection.  The oval track is simple to lay out and it didn't take long for him to figure out the pattern he needed to put the tracks in.  The wooden tracks are sturdy and durable and it was easy for my son to learn how to connect the tracks.  It is simple to attach the train engines and cargo cars using the magnets.  The trains are all well made and I don't have to worry about pieces breaking off and causing a hazard for my children.

My son enjoyed pushing Thomas around the oval and we also purchased an additional battery powered Thomas and a battery powered Percy that he would watch drive around and around.  All the Thomas wooden railway items I've owned are high quality and this set is no exception.  The tracks and trains hold up well to the abuse of being played with and enjoyed by small children.