Other Learning Toys:

from Crofton, MD

Pros

Cons

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo:

This is a wonderful toy and at this point, it's close to ten years old and still working. I bought this for my grandson when they first came out. I was clean out his toy space and found this Spin and Sing and think it's time to donate to a day care center.

Since the little boy is autistic, he loved to just listen to the music without the words at first. The toy helped to learn the alphabet and played music at the same time. In later years, he began to enjoy the words to the melodies. We would sit together for long periods of time and listen to the songs, sometimes randomly and many times selecting the melodies. He loves music and it was a great way for him to learn how to hum the melodies until he could learn the words.

Autistic children are so very uniqe and it's often difficult to find toys that they will enjoy and get plenty of use. This toy was a blessing. I hate to part with it but I know there are some other children who will learn and enjoy it as much as my grandson did. Thank you LeapFrog!

Great toy for little hands.

from Lawrence, KS

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo:

My 6-month-old got this toy for Christmas and loves it.  This toy is genius in its design - it takes advantage of a motion that a baby actually has down - arm flailing!  My daughter can operate this toy easily and loves the songs it sings.  She gets excited every time I pull this out for her.  She doesn't understand the letters or animals yet, but that just means the toy will grow with her.  In fact, my older boys (four and three) actually like playing with this toy and find the tunes catchy.  When the boys play with it, our daughter immediately hears it and starts looking around wanting to play with it too.  For a little toy, there are three different modes that give the toy versitality - letter, animals, songs.  I really like the build of it and the size is convenient - it is easy for a baby to keep close to her and use.  The colors are engaging for babies as well. The toy is a little pricey, but if you can find it on sale, it is a pretty good deal.

fun for young children

from Beaufort, MO

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo:

The leapfrog spin and sing alphabet zoo is the perfect fun filled educational toy for your child!  This toy is great because there are three different modes that you can choose from to allow you the opportunity to change things up and keep you child engaged with the toy.  You can set it to letter mode, where the wheel is spun and the letters are phonetically given to your child.  There is also an animal mode which incorporates the alphabet and illustrations on the wheel to help children learn the names of animals and how the letters are pronounced togetgehr in words.  There is also a number setting so your child can learn something other than letters here!  Expect lots of giggles from this toy as any time your child touches the wheel they will be delighted with sounds and lights that flash to encourage interaction.  The music is fun, not annoying, and it shuts off after time away from the toy!

my kids love this toy

from Sandusky, OH

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo:

My kids love this toy.  I love this toy too.  My 2 year old son is learning a lot of the aminmal sounds.  He can identify the different animals from the pictures.  Hes also starting to learn to sing the alphabet.  He repeats the letters and names of the animals.  My 1 year old daughter loves spinning the toy and listening to the songs it plays.  My son loves learning toys and this is a very good one for kids to have.  Both of my kids play with this toy everyday.  This toy is a very excellent learning toy.  The kids learn the alphabet and the individual letters.  They also learn what animal starts with the letters and they also learn the sounds of the animals.  This toy is just great.  This toy is very durable.  I love that because kids can be rough with toys.  My kids have dropped this toy so many times and it still works great.  I try to buy durable toys and this is one of them.  I recommend this toy for kids because it is just a great learning toy and kids enjoy playing with it.

A favorite

from Galveston, TX

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo:

Spin a letter is my favorite of my sons toys. It was the first toy he could really interact with, I believe he was playing with it as soon as he could sit upright. It spins with a very light tough and is easy to travel with (well compared to some of his other hefty toys) His first spin a letter met with poop that was uncleanable and stuck in the gears, it was the worst diaper accident he ever has and I had to throw away spin a letter. Luckily I had giving spin a letter to my nephew and for some reason he did not like it so my sister gave it to me. Some of the animals were a stretch like Umbrella bird and especially Xray fish is one of the lamer animals feature and it make an crazy inaccurate electrical sound. I love that it has a letter setting and an animal setting and most importantly a volume setting. He is almost two and this toy still puts a smile on his face I imagine this will be a favorite for atleast another year.

The Leapfrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo is a favorite.

from Union City, CA

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo:

The LeapFrog Sing and Song Alphabet Zoo is one of my son's favorite toys.  He loves to spin the wheel and listen to the music that plays when the wheel is spinning.  It is one of the only toys that will hold his attention for a long period of time.  The toy will also make a sound when it sits idle for awhile drawing my son's attention back to it.  And the spinning action is smooth which makes the wheel easy for his little hands to spin.  I like the three different modes of the toy - animals, letters and the alphabet song.  The volume control is also great.  The toy is very durable as he has dropped it on the floor many times and it still works like new.  My son is only nine months old and may be too young to get any educational benefit from it just yet, but it is still fun for him to play with and he enjoys it a lot.  This is definately a toy that will grow with him as he learns the alphabet and animal names and sounds.  We expect to get many more years of fun with it.  A good buy overall.

The Leapfrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo is a great toy for baby!

from Oxford, AL

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo:

The Leapfrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo is a great toy for a baby who is learning to sit up!!  My 6 month old is barely sitting on his own and he loves to sit up (with help) and spin this Leap Frog Toy.  He laughs when the toy sings the alphabet to him and continues to spin it so he hears the song.  This toy is definitely helping his motor skills.  It is educational and fun.  It keeps his attention.  The volume has two settings and even the loudest is not too loud.  It spins smoothly.  The toy also has lights which grab my child's attention.  It is colorful and has multiple learning modes.

My baby's favorite!

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo:

This is one of my baby's favorite toys! My mom bought this for him when he was 4 months old, and just starting to "really" play with toys. He is now 7 months old, and I can see him playing with this for a long time.

It is simple enough for a baby to use, but it will become more educational as he gets older, when he can really recognize what the toy is teaching(alphabet, sounds, animals, etc.) Right now, he just enjoys the spinning action, the arrow that lights up, and the music and sounds.

The animals are a little strange, I guess they had a hard time finding animals to fit every letter of the alphabet, plus not all make "real" sounds, some sounds are just silly noises, but that is okay by me.

I also like that it has 3 different settings, so when you or your baby gets tired of one, you can change it to the next. It also has 2 sound settings, but they are almost the same to me, I wish it had a volume control, but then again, what children's toy does?

The baby loves it, and I like it too

from Lynchburg, VA

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo:

My brother-in-law bought this as the baby's Christmas present.  He joked that he went looking for the most obnoxious noisy toy he could find.  The joke's on him, though - the Spin and Sing is great for the baby, but it's music is catchy enough that we adults don't get bored or annoyed with it either.There's 3 settings - letters, animals, and the alphabet song.  The songs, letters, and animal names are sung/spoken by a pleasant female voice (adult).  The animal sounds are a combination of musical tones, and children's voices (e.g. the lion sound is a child saying "roar!")  It has 2 volume settings, so if your neighbors don't find it quite as pleasant as you do, you don't have to annoy them if you don't want to.The spinning action works well, and requires a light enough touch that my 6 month old has figured it out.  the lights and sounds keep his attention longer than most of his other toys do.  I definitely think the best part of this toy, though, is the fact that the makers obviously tried to ensure that the music and sounds were not only appealing to babies but at least tolerable to adults as well.  The main song "spin, spin a letter" is catchy, and well sung.  The harmonies are complex enough that the adult ear enjoys them.  My chief complaint about this toy is that some of the animal names and sounds seem contrived.  For example, the animal for "X" is "xray fish."   Also, the sound for some animals is just a sequence of musical notes rather than an animal sound.  This isn't a major concern for me (I'm not sure I have any idea what kind of sound a newt might make), but it might diminish the educational value of the toy in some eyes.On the whole I am really please with this, and believe I will actually not get (too) annoyed with it over the next few years.