Other Baby Musical Toys:
Learning Toys, Musical Toys
LeapFrog
LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery

LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery

It's good to have around and fun for the little ones!

I have used the Leap Frog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery with both my kids. Both of them have enjoyed playing with and spinning this toy. My son especially really seemed to like it! I think that my daughter was starting to try to become a little more active by crawling around and even trying to begin to walk when we got this toy for her. She liked it as well and played with it, but she also was more interested in moving then just staying put. It was great for my son when he was just a little guy! He was really intrigued by it when he was just a few months old or so ( when he was at that stage of not really moving around yet, but was interested in things and stating to play and figure things out a bit). It was a great tummy time play for him when He was strong enough to hold his head up and had some more control with his arms. He would spin that thing over and over again, he loved it! It is a great way for kids to learn the alphabet, animals, and the sound the animals make, and it also has music involved with it which is very important to development in children of all ages! There are three different songs that play while it is spinning around. They can hear the "alphabet song, spin spin a letter, or the animals have something to say". When it stops spinning it is on one letter that also shows a picture of an animal that starts with that letter and depending on what setting it is on depends on what is heard. There is just a little switch that can be changed over very easily to determine what the child will hear when it stops spinning. There is also a small switch to control the volume a bit as well, and when it is not being played with it can be switched to an off position. This is a very fun learning toy to have around. My kids that are very active now still stop and play with it occasionally, but I think it is more fun for the immobile kids because it is interactive and keeps them entertained for a good while.

Leapfrog Alphabet Zoo

My daughter got this for Christmas from family and she is 13 months old.

I find that she doesn't stay focused on this item and loses interest really fast. I don't think it has anything to do with the item itself, but I think that this item is really nice and would make for a wonderful toy, but I think it might be a little advanced for a 13 month old. I hope she will get some use out of it, as I think it is something that she will benefit from down the line. She does like to spin it, and the music is soft and easy on the ears.

After playing with it myself for a little bit, I did think that they could have used different animals for some of the letters, but overall it is a nice piece to have. I think in due time my daughter will have much fun with this and benefit greatly from what it will teach her, the ABC's and the animals that correspond with the particular letter.

If you are looking for something that is lightweight and easy to carry around this is just that, My daughter likes to push it around the floor and she has no problems doing so.

I would recommend this, but for later on, lets just say after 2 years of age.

Great way to get familiar with the alphabet.

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery:

My first child played with this toy in her daycare room. She loved it! She would just spin, spin, spin it around while it made sounds and music. It was one of the first toys that she started interacting with. It's a toy that an infant just sitting up can enjoy as well as a preschooler who is learning their letters. I bought this used for my second child to play with at home. She loves it too. It has two volume controls as well as different settings for music or sounds. It is very durable as my used one has been through at least two children. We plan to use it for letter games as well. Spin it and see which letter you get...then find that letter somewhere else! It also lights up, which helps keep the attention of smaller babies. It is one of those toys that crawlers are drawn to. So simple for them to activate on their own and enjoy on their own. It also helps them familiarize themselves with some animal sounds and letter sounds.

An Attention Grabbing Toy

from Bowling Green, KY

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery:

The LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery toy is a toy that can be used even in an early infant stage. The Bright Colors, simple mechanism and sound effects grab the attention of a wide age range. This toy was originally purchased in my family for my niece, and has now been handed down to my son that I am expecting this summer. We used this toy to begin teaching my niece the alphabet before she even began to talk. The sound effects and object associations with each letter would make my niece laugh and clap her hands. She loved to smack at and hit the toy to see the spinning motion, and loved that she could manipulate it to make it work. This toy is durable enough for an infant to be rough with an not break. I am very eager to use the LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery toy in my home after seeing the great effect that it had on my niece. My niece learned the alphabet so quickly after talking, and part of that was attributed to using this toy!

LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo - Easy to love.

from Stoughton, WI

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery:

My daughter received the LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo as a Chirstmas present at 12 months old. There are many settings for her to enjoy, and to teach her different things. On alphabet mode, it says the letter and repeats the letter it lands on, and plays a song as it spins. On animal mode, it says the name of the animal and the sound the respective animal makes when it stops. The music mode sings the alphabet song while it spins and makes the sound of the animal when it stops. My daughter enjoys spinning the wheel and enjoys the music while it spins. She doesn't quite understand the letters, animals, and sounds, but she will soon enough. My only complaint is that some of the animals aren't very common, and I would have liked some of the more obvious animals to have been chosen. My other issue is that the sounds the animals make, aren't the real sounds the animal would make. Not saying that an 'inchworm' really makes a sound, but an X-ray fish shouldn't sound like it's zapping something, but sould sound more like any fish.

We Love the LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery

from Portland, OR

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery:

We purchased the LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery for our son for Christmas and he loves it, and so do I.  It has such cute songs, lots of animals to teach the kids the names of and its a very sturdy, quality toy.  My son loves to spin it and he just has a great time with it.  I love all the animals it has to teach him and the cute songs.  And we all love that it is sturdy since our son is not always gentle with his things.

I first learned about this toy a few years back (before I had my son).  I worked as a nanny for a family who had a special needs 6 year old and he just loved playing with this toy every day.  When my son got to be the right age I knew I wanted this toy and I was so glad when I found that they still sold it.  Its an excellent toy and I would recommend it to anyone.  I also appreciate that the toy has volume controls.  Its nice to be able to turn it up and down depending on what is going on in our house.

LeapFrog Spin & Sing Alphabet Zoo is a hit from Infant-Preschool

from Newark, CA

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery:

We received this toy as a gift for my infant a couple of years ago. To this day, it still gets played with! It is always such a hit with the kiddos of all age ranges at playdates that I often purchase this as a gift for other children. Very few of my child's electronic toys keep her attention for longer than a few months but this one just keeps going! Bonus is that it is an educational learning toy that helps with letter recognitions and the alphabet song!

One of our favorites!

from Columbia, MO

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery:

My daughter loved playing with this from the time she could sit up until she started walking. We received this as a gift for her first Christmas (when she was 5 months old) and it quickly became a favorite. It was easy for her to spin, even with her tiny little hands and lack of control over her movements, and she loved seeing the wheel roll around. The music has two volumes, so you can keep it low if you're tired or need to be quiet (or just can't stand loud children's music). There are three different settings to play with, so if your child gets bored listening to the alphabet you can switch to animal noises. Even now at 2.5 years old our daughter steals it from her brother to listen to the music and pick which animal sounds she wants to listen to. Its a favorite even 2 years later! The music keeps little ones entertained for long periods of time, and its an easy toy for little hands to work. We love it!

Leapfrog Alphabet Zoo

from Wisconsin Rapids, WI

My daughter got this for Christmas from family and she is 13 months old.

I would recommend this, but for later on, lets just say after 2 years of age.

More fun for adults - but grows with the child!

from Syracuse, NY

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery:

The LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery is a cute toy.  It says ages 6 months and up on the package, which I think is a little odd.  I could see this toy being fun for an 18 month old and older, but at six months old, my daughter is too little to understand the difference between an alligator and a zebra.  She is nine months old now and still does not show much interest in it.  It is very cute though.  I'm anxious to see her play with it when she gets a little older.  The songs and music are catchy - my husband and I are constantly humming them.  I really thought my daughter would like this more because she loves music - but it just isn't as interactive as other toys she has are.  The animals are very cute - and I like that it does animal names AND the alphabet - so it's a little "more" educational than even the musical table is.  Leapfrog toys are great though - they are durable and built to last.  Which makes me happy considering I think she will play with this for years.

Great for smaller babies

from La Rue, OH

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery:

The LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery was great for my daughters when they were just sitting up and not walking or crawling yet.  They would play with for hours spinning it and listening to the songs.  They loved looking at the animals too.  We tried to explain to them that the letter shown was the first letter in the animal's name that is shown beside it.  It is very colorful and it is very easy for them to spin with their little hands.  Once they begin walking, they kind of lost interest in it for the most part, but will still play with it occasionally.  They can now sing along with the songs and I even sometimes hear them singing the songs when they are not playing with the toy.  So even though they do not play with it as much as they used to, they still do play with it.  And it has taught them a lot while they were playing with it.  I highly recommend this to anyone who has small babies.  They will love it!

LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery grows with child

from Bowling Green, KY

Comments about LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery:

LeapFrog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo Discovery grows with child and is a great learning toy. It has kept her attention longer then any other toy she owns. It has three musical settings which are pretty engaging to her. On one setting, the spinning of the ball is directly linked to the music, so when it stops spinning, so does the song. So my baby girl stops whatever she has wandered away to do and goes back and spins it again. It has volume control and is very durable. As with any toy the child is not just going to learn the alphabet or different animals without some help from you. Pros: Lots of different animal noises, cute and not annoying song, multiple setting for more fun/ learning. Cons: Also I know it is hard to find all animals starting with the correct letter of the alphabet and put a good noise to it, but some of them are just out there. For instance Umbrella bird, or X ray fish. I would definitely recommend this toy!