Other Early Development Toys:
Learning Toys
LeapFrog
LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap

LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap

LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap is great!

My husband and I bought one of these for out oldest daughter (who is now 3) when she was only a month old.  She still plays with it today.  She loves to sing along with him as he sings the alphabet over and over and over again.  lol  I agree that it can get annoying since he only sings the alphabet song.  But it is worth it because my daughter was barely over 1 year old when she knew the alphabet by heart.  We even had to buy a second one of these for our 1½ year old daughter because our older daughter would not share.  Their little hands can easily squeeze Leap to make him sing his song.  And it is so cute to watch them dance and sing along.  My daughters also (as another reviewer said) imitate the little giggle at the end of the song and expect me to do it with them.  Leap is the favorite toy of both of my daughters (they even try to sleep with him, but I won't let them because he starts singing when they roll over on him in their sleep and it sometimes wakes them).  They also each have a Lilly frog who sings a counting song.  I really recommend this toy to anyone with little ones.

Cute toy-- but incredibly irritating

I received this toy as a gift prior to the birth of my first child. The gift giver went a little nutty on my love of frogs and thought that a learning alphabet singing frog would be a great addition. I at first found this toy to be quite cute however now that I have had more time to learn and grow with my child I understand that a toy like this is just annoying and unnecessary. Most babies- mine included- have incredibly limited attention spans and a toy like this is honestly not going to teach them much. She will generally squeeze his belly and then walk away leaving me holding the incredibly loud frog which only sings the ABCs. LeapFrog has other toys which in my opinion are far more baby approipriate IE their fridge magnet ABC set which allows the child to change the letters to hear how they sound, or select a seperate button to hear the ABC song. The magnet set also allows the parent to choose the volume or to just shut it off (this toy has neither of those options) In an effort to save the sanity of parents to be I recommend not getting this toy.

Kids like it and educational

from Folsom, CA

Comments about LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap:

This little frog is not the cutest thing in the world, but he definitely grows on you.  Pressing his belly will make him sing the ABC song and giggle and he has a link on his back that you can hang him from whatever you want.  My 2 boys have loved this toy.  It is easy for a 6 month old to press it on, although they do it unintentionally at that age.  The little legs and arms are soft if they chew on it and it has a pleasant face to draw them to it.  My oldest now knows his ABC's and he likes to sing along while my younger one loves the music and a small, manageable stuffed animal for his little hands.  We've taken it along and attached it to the carseat, stroller, and shopping carts and it isn't too loud that I'm embarassed in the store when it starts to sing.  You could always turn it off if you were in a quiet environment.  A wouldn't say this is a "must" toy, but it certainly is one of our favorites.

She took it everywhere

from Augusta, GA

Comments about LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap:

LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap was purchased for my daughter and for the longest she toted it w/her everywhere.  She liked the toy.  She has since spilled Kool aid on him and I haven't cleaned him up yet.  Good toy for the money.  Now that I've seen it on here, I need to go home and wash him!  Thanks for reminding me!

Great from Newborn

from San Jose, CA

Comments about LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap:

This was a great toy from the day we left the hospital. He enjoyed looking at the shape then the colors then listening to the abc's which by the way he loves now and try to say even at six months. And now he press on it and interact with it him self then it's also great for clipping on to the car seat keeps him entertained

Fun toy for baby!

from Temple, ME

Comments about LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap:

This was one of my daugters favorite toys from about 3-4 months to present.  She also has Lilly, Lily counts and Leap does the alphabet.  We liked that Leap and Lily both have the hooks.  This enabled them to be hooked to the car seat or stroller.  My daughter is now 13 months and she still holds interest in her Leap and Lily.  She enjoys Music very much.  I like Leap Frog toys in general.  My older children had a leap pad when they were little and it also got a lot of use.

Great toy for toddlers

from Bradenton, FL

Comments about LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap:

My son loved this toy. Leap frog toys are toys I would highly recommend to anyone. I personally buy them for friends who are having babies for the baby shower. I feel better giving a learning toy. This is one that is a favorite of mine. My son had to have this with him at all times. It was great in the stroller and the car. The nice thing is too it is a soft plush toy and I didn't have to worry about him getting hurt with it if I could not be by his side every minute. I love the fact that he could learn with leap around leap.

Learning Friend Tad makes learning fun as he musically introduces counting, colors and objects on his body. Squeeze him once to hear a counting 1-10 song. Squeeze him again to hear a song about colors and the objects on her shirt. Then with a simple press of his foot, you can switch all of his learning songs to Spanish! Press his foot again and switch back to English. This bilingual pal will be a friend for life!

Fun toy for alphabet

from Fremont, NE

Comments about LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap:

This is such a fun and cute toy for learning the alphabet. One of the major negatives I have about this toy is that you can not turn it off. It is not a problem for just turning on all the time, the problem is when it accidentally gets pushed and you do not want to have to listen to the whole alphabet. There is no way to stop it from singing. It stops when it gets to the end. I have not had a problem with it running through batteries that some have been suggesting. My daughters bought this for their new baby brother and they enjoy playing it for them. Their grandma told them that if they played is for their new brother that he would be so smart. They took her seriously and have been playing it for him all the time. I like how the toy has a hook so you can hang it on the carrier or baby seat. It is very entertaining. You can't put it in the wash because of the batteries so you will have to surface clean it.

Shockingly Entertaining

from Astoria, NY

Comments about LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap:

There was a point in time where my little one could not leave the house with Leap. I have to say, he is one of the most annoying things out there. As soon as his song is over ,we have to hear it again, and again..... and again.

But I do have to say that she is picking up the alphabet pretty easy with him. He says it clear and she will pick out letters and repeat after him. He is small and easy to take on the go. He also clips on to the stroller which always scores brownie point with me.

I think he is a little pricey  for what he does, however I did receive him as a gift. I also got Lily which I think is now discontinued. She is the counting frog - the female equivalet of Leap.

He does not have any bright lights or flshing lights.. but she seems to enjoy him which is the only thing that is importnant when it comes to children's toys.

I would recommend this toy but it does get old really quick..

LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap is great!

from La Rue, OH

Comments about LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap:

LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap is a great teacher!

from Bowling Green, KY

Comments about LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap:

My daughter is fascinated with the alphabet these days and saw this in the store. I couldn't resist getting this cute little guy! She plays it nonstop and sings along with it. It really helped her learn to sing the alphabet!  It is just the classic alphabet song and there is a volume control in the back panel.  The song may get annoying but my little girl learned her alphabet in no time. It is perfect size for carrying along with you. It has a clip to put on a stroller, carseat, crib and we use it all the time like that. Also, the size is not so large so the baby can grab it and play with it. Although you can not put this toy in the washing machine, I was able to use some washcloths to wet down and scrub the toy very well with some dishsoap. If you don't want the song to play, there is a switch behind the doll that turns the music function off. This is a great learning toy, pleasant to listen to, and has a mute button and volume control when needed. Excellent!

great educational toy

from Marion, OH

Comments about LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap:

LeapFrog Learn-Along Leap is a great toy.  When you press his tummy, he sings the alphabet song and encourages the child to sing along.  It is very easy for the child to press the tummy and activate it.  And it is a very good toy to assist in teaching a child his or her ABC's.  My daughter is a year old and can already sing along with part of the song.  Leap only sings the one song, so it can get extremely ittitative and repetitive, but it isn't booming loud, so I can tolerate it.  And since it always sings the same song, that makes it easier for the child to pick up the song and as a result, learn to sing the alphabet.  At the end of the song, Leap gives out a cute little giggle and my daughter thinks that is part of the song.  It's so cute to hear her imitate his giggle.  And if I sing the alphabet song to her without the accompniment of Leap, she still adds the little giggle at the end.  This is a great toy and does a great job of teaching the alphabet.  It will give your child a head start on that.  For this reason, I recommend this toy.