Other Learning Toys:
Learning Toys, Battery-operated, Handheld Games
LeapFrog
LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer

LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer

Great sturdy product for young children

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer:

This is a fabulous tablet that my daughter loves. It's great for car trips and keeps her entertained. Lots of different games available for a good range of ages. She has even started taking pictures with it and making videos. It's very durable, had endured a number of drops without any problems. It also holds a charge for a long time. We don't have to charge it very often. I'd highly recommend this for is usefulness and durability.

Easily my kids favorite car toy

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer:

Our kids absolutely love their leappads and both have learned valuable lessons from the variety of activities and games available on it. We bought this for my son when he turned 4 and then another for my daughter when she was 3 as she kept stealing it from her brother. My son is now 6 and loves it more now than he did then. He practices his math skills, spelling, geography and science through the variety of games we have purchased for him. My daughter loves to draw on the art study and has begun playing with some of the preschool games, though I think she will grow into them as she often asks her brother for help when she plays. Many of the games are listed through age 9 and I am hoping that he continues to play it as he has already learned so much. We can even put his personalized spelling list from his teacher each week on it so that he can practice in the games. Wonderful product, I can't say enough good things about it!

Great Education Toy for Kids

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer:

This product is wonderful for small children. It is educational, but also fun! There are tons of games to play and apps to purchase. The best thing about the apps is that once you purchase an app it can then be put on up to 3 devices, so if you have multiple leap pads in your house all the kids can enjoy the app on their own leap pad. The only downside for me is how quickly it goes through batteries, invest in rechargeable batteries.

This is great for all kids

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer:

We first bought this for my 3 year old. He loves it! He sometimes has trouble figuring out what to do with some of the games, but I can easily help him. My older boys (6,7,&10) take turns playing games on it as well. My son has be able to learn many things using this system.
It can also hold up to being "dropped" down the stairs. My only recommendation is if you are going to buy this system, buy a charger or rechargeable batteries because it eats through regular batteries.

Hours of Entertainment!

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer:

We bought my 2 year old daughter a LeapPad2 Explorer for Christmas last year. At that time, we purchased several movies/cartoons from LeapFrog to download onto her LeapPad. She loves to spend time watching those educational videos. She even really enjoys the ones that came preloaded onto the LeapPad. In fact, she has had it for almost a year now, and this morning I heard her singing, "Punc, Punc, Punc-Punctuation!" We have recently downloaded several books and she enjoys reading along as they read the words to her. It was one of the best investments we have made for her so far. We also purchased the protective sleeve rubber sleeve and although it has been dropped many times, there is nothing wrong with it and it works perfectly. I recommend purchasing the case that attaches to the head-rest in your car for the LeapPad. We make several long trips a year and this has been a life-saver for us. She is able to reach the touch screen to change between movies herself, and she is entertained for the many hours we spend on the road. You'll also want to make sure you purchase the car charger to prevent an upset child when the LeapPad goes dead in the car. However, the battery life is wonderful. My daughter can often go days without having to charge it, even playing on it often.

This little tablet rocks!

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer:

As a mom of 12 children, I am always on the lookout for great toys - and this little tablet falls into that category. I purchased three of these last Christmas for my three youngest kids. The tablet does everything that is says that it will and more. The games are fun and educational, the books are fun to read or to have the tab read to you, the camera app is fun too! The only drawback I could mention is the setup process. If you get this tablet for your child for Christmas - OPEN IT FIRST AND SET IT UP!! Otherwise you have a very disappointed kid and a rigorous set up to do on Christmas - and trust me, everyone else is doing it on Christmas - you don't want to :) The support team is very helpful as well. If you need to chat or call - they walk you right through the process. Another bit of wisdom I discovered - you can only use the games you buy on two tablets at the same time. Since I have three tablets - I had to purchase separate apps for the third one. Once the kids get tired of their games, I can go to the online account and delete from one tablet and add to the other so they can then share the games. All in all - this is one of the best toy purchases I have made in a long time! It has been a year now and they are still played with EVERY day!

LeapPad 2 Awesome Product

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer:

The LeapPad 2 is a great product for children. My 6 year old son loves it and continues to enjoy it after having it for over a year. There are numerous games for it available for both boys and girls. The LeapPad also comes with a few games and activities already installed and gives you the opportunity to either buy more games at the store or download more games on their website. Great product would recommend.

Wonderful device.

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer:

My son is 3 and he loves his LeapFrog LeapPad2. It's amazing how much he's learned and how much this device entertains him. I really enjoy it's durability. The only problem is, with his age, there is not much game variety, but as the age rises, there are is an abundance of game variety.

My kid loves it.

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer:

We purchased this item over a year ago for my daughter who is almost 4 years old. It is easy to use. My daughter even shows myself and husband how to use it. There are many varieties of different apps to download to it. They have learning apps as well as cartoon apps. It is great to take in the car for long car rides. It keeps my daughter well entertained. The only reason why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is because of the cost of the apps to download. I do find them a little expensive. Otherwise the product is great.

Leapfrog products get better and better!

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer:

My three year old daughter loves the iPad. Purchasing her a Leapfrog Leap Pad 2 was a no brainier! The games and apps are superb and easy to use! My daughter's favorite games are Crayola Art Adventure and Pet Pals 2. The only gripes I have are as follows: #1- Having to connect the device to a computer. This is very annoying because you have to download their Leapfrog Connect Software which I always have problems with no matter what I computer I use. It moves really slow as well. You need to do this pretty often for the app that comes with the device Pet Pad. You will need to replenish the dog shampoo and treats only by doing this. Frustrating. #2- The game Pet Pals 2 often freezes. We have several other Leapfrog products including the Leapster Explorer which, lucky for us, can use the same games! Also if you purchase any apps from the store online, you can download onto any other comparable leapfrog game system. This is great considering my 8 year old and 3 year old both love sugar bugs and leap school cooking! This is definite a system that grows with you. Both my kids love it!