Other Learning Toys:
LeapFrog
LeapFrog LeapPad Read and Write Learning System

LeapFrog LeapPad Read and Write Learning System

Best educational toy I have bought...

from Hickory, NC

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad Read and Write Learning System:

I bought one of these about 3 years ago for my then 5yr old and she loved it.  I love the fact that it grows with the child (just get different books) and helps with hand/eye coordination and dexterity.  Now that my child is getting older and ready for the next step, we are saving her Leap pad for her 3yr old sister who already has a My First Leap pad.

This is a great learning toy!

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad Read and Write Learning System:

This toy is absolutely wonderful. My 4 and 3 year old play quietly together with this toy. It holds their attention well. I would recommend this toy to others!!  The only con is that the pen needs replaced.  I think if my kids were a little kinder to it, it would have held up a little longer.  It's also great that their are so many books to go along with this toy.  Our library even offers the option to check out the books and cartridges!!!

It kept my son entertained for an hour!

from Manhattan, KS

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad Read and Write Learning System:

I just purchased this for my son for a 6-hour auto ride and he enjoyed it! Though I was upset that the book that came with it listed the states incorrectly when he pointed to them. We were driving through the states of Oklahoma and into Texas, and when he would place the pointer on those states it would say other names.

LeapFrog Writer is great for developing concentration!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad Read and Write Learning System:

Leap Frog has really improved the market of learning toys and activities for kids. They've recently come out with some wonderful toys and games for babies and kids including the Leap Frog Writer. The Writer, like other LeapPads, uses special books and cartridges to engage kids ages Preschool through the early Elementary years. It can read any LeapPad books; however the Writer includes a retractable pencil to use with its own specialty books. The Writer's books teach early literacy and handwritting skills to preschoolers, including numbers and letters, and has books for early elementary with "fill-in" answer blanks to improve its educational value.

I love the Writer for its ability to keep my 4-year-old son's attention for extended periods of time, teaching him valuable "sit skills" necessary for school. It is easy for him to exchange cartridges and books and follow the clearly voiced directions. The Writer also prepares him for older material in a fun way, keeping his focus with colorful pictures, simple games, and music.

If you've never tryed a LeapPad you should certainly go for a Writer and extend the amount of time your child will be able to use it!

Fun learning with LeapFrog LeapPad Read & Write System.

from Johnson City, TN

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad Read and Write Learning System:

With my boys they have learnt so much with the LeapFrog LeapPad Read & Write System. When they 1st got it they was a little unsure of it,but after we played with it and they got it figured out they actually really liked it & learnt a lot.It works like the VTech Bugsby Reading System,but has different features & actually my boys have learnt more & likes the LeapFrog LeapPad Read & Write System better. It will come with a Library Sampler that has a variety of fun learning things & teaches letter names and sounds,spelling,numeration,dinosaurs,life science and classification.  Another thing that is good is it is based for Pre K- 3rd grade,so as your child gets older all you have to do is buy the books that is equivalent to his or her age.The only thing im not pleased with is the learning books because it  comes on a spiral binder & with little ones that are rough with their things the learning pages rip out of it pretty easy. Other than that it is awesome & i would recommend it to anyone that's looking for something to teach their little ones.

LeapFrogt LeapPad Read and Write system is a fun toy

from Kingsport, TN

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad Read and Write Learning System:

My daughter was an early reader but really resisted learning how to write.   We received the LeapPad Read and Write system as a Christmas present and it was the boost she needed.  The books were fun and engaging.  She really enjoyed reading the books and trying to copy the writing that was in the book.  Although we already had the traditional leappad, this was different enough that she preferred it.  It was durable and went with us to the park, in the car, and out in the yard.   The downsides......it was only used for a short while because she started kindergarten and wasn't interested in writing in it anymore.  I don't want to use it with my toddler because the idea of writing in books is already too appealing to him----I'm afraid it would confuse him to allow writing in this one but no others.  Overall, this would be a great toy for a child who is a hesitant writer or just starting to explore reading/writing but is old enough to understand not to write in ALL books.

Educational and fun toy

from Hoffman Estates, IL

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad Read and Write Learning System:

I bought this for my daughter who loves this toy now! I would recommend the Leapfrog system to anyone who is serious about investing in solid education for their children. The toy is educational and has a lot of books to choose from to go with the leap pad. My child plays with his leap pad everyday and enjoys it. I am very happy with this purchase.

Learn to read and write with a little help from LeapPad!

from Detroit, MI

Comments about LeapFrog LeapPad Read and Write Learning System:

The LeapPad Read and Write Learning System is a must-have for your child this Christmas!

Following along the lines of previous products from LeapFrog, this Read and Write Learning System does just that, help your child to learn to read and write.

The LeapPad Read and Write Learning System works with all the other LeapFrog books and cartridges.  You can also purchase the new writing books as well.

I love this learning system. My daughter has went from the beginning system to this one.  All of her books and cartridges from the previous system work here plus I could incorporate the writing books in with her favorite stories.

A sample book comes with the system but you have to purchase the books and cartridges separately.  Software cartridges are all your child's favorite characters.  From Disney Princesses to Finding Nemo to Madagascar.

The Read and Write LeapPad Learning System by Leapfrog is a fun way to help your child learn to read and write!

Recommended ages 4-8 years.Requires 4 "AA" batteries.