Other Early Development Toys:

LeapFrog LeapFrog My Puppy Pal - Violet

Pros

Cons

My daughter loves this toy

My daughter got My Pal Violet from Leap Frog for her first birthday and loves it. This one toy does so much, it can keep little ones entertained for hours on end. It can be programmed to say your baby/toddler's name, it plays bed time music (I programmed hers to play *Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, *although there are many other songs that can be chosen) for 2, 5, or 10 minutes at a time. This toy will talk to your child saying phrases such as "I love you (child's name)" and it will play pretend by making animal noises and asking your child to guess what animal it is pretending to be. The flaw I can think of with this toy is that whe it says the items (such as child's name, favorite animal, favorite food, ect.) there is a slight pause and the voice changes making it sound too forced. Other than that, this is a great toy and can help your young one learn. I would definitely reccommend this toy.

LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Violet is adorably sweet

LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Violet was a gift for my baby girls first birthday. She is now 2 and is playing with it as much as she did then. Which is not much. I think Violet is adorable, very soft, has a sweet voice, and is a very cool toy. It comes with a USB cable so you can hook it up to your computer and personalize it. I typed in my daughter's name, birth date, favorite color, favorite food, and favorite animal. There are individualized songs that include that information. It doesn't faze my daughter when this toy says her name. My 10 year old son enjoys listening to it more than my daughter does. My son has memorized the cute little songs that Violet sings, if that tells you anything. Each paw has a different option to push. One is for the individualized songs, one is for lullaby music, one is for play time music, and the fourth is the on/off button. All the music is also selected when the toy is plugged into the computer. Very cool concept, but I'm thinking my daughter just doesn't sit still long enough to enjoy this type of toy yet.

cutest little pal ever

from iowa

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Colorful and Fun
  • Durable
  • Holds Attention

Cons

• Crawlers
    • Special Needs
    • Toddlers

Comments about LeapFrog LeapFrog My Puppy Pal - Violet:

This is the cutest electronic toddler toy ever. Plug into your laptop or PC to personalize this wonderful learning toy. Sings songs, plays nap time music, teaches shapes and colors. My toddler loves this toy.

better than expected!

Comments about LeapFrog LeapFrog My Puppy Pal - Violet:

My daughter got the Leapfrog Violet puppy for her first Christmas. She was only 4 months old and I thought that it was going to be a toy that would be put up in the closet for a couple of years. Well my husband was super excited about it and couldn't wait to open it and hook it up to the computer and program it. My daughter's nursery was decorated with purples and greens and I decided that Violet would look cute sitting on the book shelf until my daughter was ready for her. My niece would get violet down and play with my daughter every time she would come over and it was not long and my daughter was reaching for her violet puppy. My daughter is now almost 3 and she still loves her Violet. She plays with her every single day and sleeps with it every night. My daughter has learned so much from just playing with her puppy. I have since bought 3 more Violet puppies for baby showers. I think every little girl should have a Leapfrog Violet puppy.

This Puppy Couldn't Be Cuter!

from Dover, PA

Comments about LeapFrog LeapFrog My Puppy Pal - Violet:

This little plush pal is so adorable and such a great toy for your little learner! She can be programmed to call you by name. She also teaches you about numbers from doing counting games and activities. She sings songs as well as lullaby's and you can program her to have more! Also she teaches them about animals, feelings, food, etc. She is very soft and great for your little one to even take to bed!

The little one loves it

Comments about LeapFrog LeapFrog My Puppy Pal - Violet:

Our little one loves her Violet. She is obsessed with dogs, so I had a feeling should would enjoy it. Violet does a bunch of neat things like singing songs and playing games. It's really cool that you can program your child's name and their favorite things into her as well.
    Violet has taken her fair share of abuse, being thrown around and out of the crib, and she hasn't shown any sign of damage from all the wear and tear.
    We always bring Violet along for long car trips because she can keep the little one entertained without any need for someone else's assistance.
    My only complaint so far is how easy it is for the little one to get into the back where the battery pack is, it's just a velcro closure. It would be nice if it weren't so easy for her to access that. She doesn't really mess with it that much, so I'm not too worried about it.
    Overall, I would highly recommend Violet. She is a great educational toy and she's pretty affordable too.

Violet

Comments about LeapFrog LeapFrog My Puppy Pal - Violet:

This is a super adorable interactive puppy that you can customize for your child. My daughter received this when she was one and just getting into pushing buttons and playing with interactive features, not too mention she is obsessed with stuffed animals so this was a a great two in one toy for us. You very easily hook this up to your computer with the included usb cord and download the program. You can then program this to suit your child and their likes. You can choose what songs from a really good variety. You can put in all your child likes, for example their favorite animal, food, or color. The one feature I thought was really fun was putting their name in it! It is really cute when the dog says "Hi (child's name)" or (child's name) likes the color purple. My daughter gets a huge kick out of the puppy knowing her name like that. Very easy to turn on and off and the buttons are easy for even a young child to figure out.

Great toy for early learners!

Comments about LeapFrog LeapFrog My Puppy Pal - Violet:

My daughter has had Violet since she was about 4 months and she loves it. There is a wide variety of songs that can be uploaded and personalized to your child's liking. The only downfall is that you can only upload five songs every time and you have to make sure it is charged because the batteries drain quickly and it takes 4 AA's. Besides all that it actually helped my daughter fall asleep. It has 2, 5 or 10 minutes of bed time music. All I had to do was push the paw three times and it would play Brahm's lullaby for 10 minutes, just long enough for her to fall asleep. It also says her name when she pushes the other paw and it cracks her up every time.
    It does have a lot of cute songs that most kids grow up on such as Twinkle Twinkle, Mary had a little lab and so on. She is so used to the songs that she starts singing along and dancing as soon as she hears them anywhere else we go, I love that she is leraning these songs through her toy.

The LeapFrog My Puppy Pal will be a favorite toy

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about LeapFrog LeapFrog My Puppy Pal - Violet:

The LeapFrog My Puppy Pal helps children learn with an entertaining twist. This cuddly cute litte puppy lights up, plays music and will appeal to children whether they are barely crawling to those that are walking and talking in sentences.The puppy is bright and colorful and has a soft and pleasing voice of a young boy. Scout  is made from a soft and plush material and the paws are embroidered. And this is a safe toy should it be chewed on by the little ones. No lose pieces.The velcro closure keeps the battery and cables enclosed and perfectly safe for baby. Because it is lightweight, it can be easily picked up by the child and what a fun toy for the little ones.The Leap Frog My Pappy Pay  can even be personalized for your little one just by matching your child's preferences through the Leap Frog connect application.You can do this by connecting the Pay Pal to a computer with the USB cables that are included. It does require some batteries.

My daughter's favorite car toy

from Athens, GA

Comments about LeapFrog LeapFrog My Puppy Pal - Violet:

My daughter was given this for her first birthday. At first we thought this was going to be another irritating kid's toy that makes noise. And then my husband read the package. Anything that you can connect to the computer gets 5 stars from him automatically. But we love the fact that it knows her name, teaches her to spell her name, knows her favorite foods and animals and colors, and you can pick your own music. I do wish I could set the volume lower, but since that's my only con with this product, I think I can live with that. Because there are so many different things that this puppy does, it's great to keep her occupied in the car. And with it being soft, it's nice that she can actually fall asleep with it and I don't have to worry. She knows how to make it do what she wants it to do. So that's nice that I don't have to keep reaching back and making it do what she wants.

My daughter loves this toy

from Kennedy, NY

Comments about LeapFrog LeapFrog My Puppy Pal - Violet:

good but could use a little more

from Trafford, PA

Comments about LeapFrog LeapFrog My Puppy Pal - Violet:

My daughter recieved this for xmas gift. She is now 10 mo old. She really enjoys the music and the light on the collar. I like the timed sleeping music. I also like that you can customize it by hooking it up to the computer.

I wish there were more customizable items as well as it has a little bit more learning to it