Other Musical Toys:

LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set

Pros

Cons

See and Say ABC's in the Kitchen for My Kids

Over the past few months I noticed every time we went to someone's house for a visit, the first thing my almost three year old daughter did was head straight to the fridge to play with the **Leap Frog Fridge Phonics** **Magnetic Alphabet. ** During a recent dinner with friends I said I was just going to have to put this on my shopping list because she loved it so much and a few minutes later I was given an Santa wrapped gift!  Apparently they got 2 of them for Christmas so just kept it for a special event. They decided my daughter's love of this learning toy was that event!

The** Leap Frog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Alphabet ** is a small magnetic toy into which you place each individual letter of the alphabet.  You can either play the Alphabet song and sing along, or place letters in the box and learn the letter, how to say it and the sounds it makes.  Each letter is magnetic also and the letters come in an assortment of primary colors.

No kitchen should be without the **Leap Frog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Alphabet **and since it sticks to any magnetic surface you can even pack it up and take it on the "road" with you to grandmother's house or when you travel.  Easels with a magnetic base can also be used with this toy.  And best of all, while my daughter was dancing around in joy in the kitchen while I tried to open it, I found that it already came with batteries so it was ready to go, just stick it to the surface and insert a letter or push the alphabet song button. There are two levels of volume as well as an off switch so it's easy for your child to walk up turn it on and start playing.  My daughters can have fun in the kitchen anytime, keeping busy while I am cooking and learning colors, sounds, letter recognition phonics, and even motor skills.  This is a great toy!  Now all I need to do is go buy another **Leap Frog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Alphabet **for my other daughter so they can quit fighting over it.

Educational toy for your fridge.

My girls originally got this toy as a gift.  It came with a single unit and all the Upper Case letters of the alphabet.  It was an instant hit and helped to keep the girls busy while I was preparing meals.

While shopping in the store the girls discovered that there was an expansion pack that included all of the Lower Case letters!  Of course we had to buy it.  So now we have all the Upper Case and Lower Case letters on the fridge.  Ok great in the fact that the kids can learn their letters, not so great in the fact that these things take up A LOT of room on the fridge.  They also tend to gravitate towards the bottom of the fridge and then underneath.

The packaging says to wipe clean.  Not so practical.  The letters themselves are raised from the base and therefore come with little crevices that are rather hard to "wipe clean"

We also noticed, while shopping, that there is a bigger set available for purchase that come with numbers.  The numbers are not available in an expansion pack.  We acquired the numbers from another mother who's children had out grown the set.  Unfortunately we can't use them because our original unit does not recognize the numbers for some reason.

Love this!!!!!

from Broomall,pa

About Me Parent Of Two Or More Children, Working Parent

Pros

• Durable
  • Educational
  • Engaging
  • Interactive
  • Lots of Fun

Cons

• Entertainment
    • Indoor
    • Young Children

Comments about LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set:

Love that it teaches young kids while they are having fun! Bought for both of my kids.

• Was this a gift?:

Great to have for kids learning their letters!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set:

The LeapFrog Fridge Phonics came in really handy when my kids were learning their letters. It was great! The magnets in the letters and on the background thing that they go into are nice and strong. They hold up well and stick well to the fridge. One of my kids was very independent and wanted to do everything on his own, so he loved being able to pick a letter and hear what it was. One thing that you can do is hide the letters that they already know and then add them back in later. That way they will only pick letters to put in that they still need to learn. After awhile they all ended back up on the fridge. It is a very easy and fun way for younger kids to learn the alphabet. The letters fit into the system very nicely. The system and letters are pretty strong. We had magnets dropped and hit together and they still worked fine. I would definitely recommend using this learning toy if your son or daughter is trying to learn their letters. It's a great product!

Leapfrog Fridge Phonics Magnet are a great teaching tool

from Sedalia, MO

Comments about LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set:

We have owned this set for a few years and it has been great. My toddler loves to play with it and listen to all the sounds of the letters. The colors are nice and bright and really engage the children. I homeschool and this set is great as I teach my kids phonics for them to easily hear the sounds. I like that for the vowels it gives both the short and long vowel sounds. The jingles for the letters are also easy for my kids to remember, so they can sing it to themselves later to remind them of the sounds. The set has been very durable. My only complaint is at times we have knocked some of the letters off the fridge and they have been kicked under the fridge or the stove, making it difficult to get them out without moving the appliance out of the way. It also a bummer if you lose a letter. I am not sure if leapfrog offers replacement letters, but most likely not or it would probably be cheaper just to buy a new set.

My little one knew his letters at the age of 2

from Palmetto, FL

Comments about LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set:

We bought this for our two year old and he plays with it everyday. He has already learned to reconize all of his letters & now works on the sounds. The only down fall is the pieces get lost, I usually find mine stuck to the bottom of the fridge or under it. But over deffinatly a worthy toy. Once again Leap Frog has created a great toy for toddlers.

Phonics Magnetic Alphabet Set

from Bolingbrook, IL

Comments about LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set:

This is such a fun toy. We have had this toy in our home for years and it is still a toy that both my kids like to play with ( 4 & 5)
    They rearrange the letters, sing the alphabet song and find other imaginative ways to play with the toy...love that! I let them play with it on the floor...they haven't even figured it it is magnetic : )

It helps with reading, letter skills with a fun and colorful letter magnetic set
    It easily introduces little ones to letter names and sounds
    Has colorful letters that are easy for little fingers to hold.

Becoming a Classic Toy

from Bethpage, NY

Comments about LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set:

I must say that we have had this toy for at least 8 years. Still looks and sounds new (changing batteries of course). My first child enjoyed this toy and now my second child is having fun with this as well. My second child is delighted that her preschool also has the same toy! They use it to introduce the letter of the week to the children. This has helped both my children recognize the alphabet very easily. In addition, they memorized the alphabet song with the toy's help. Also, my older child helps my younder child spell words with the letters since they all magnetically stick to the refrigerator.
    Again, I see this as becoming a new "classic" toy for this generation. This toy will then be passed down to my niece who will be thrilled to have this toy for her own.

Fun for the Fridge

from Royersford, PA

Comments about LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set:

My girls love this so much! I have to admit I do not love it hanging all over the fridge (for I think it looks messy) but they certainly love to play with it. The magnets are heavy duty so you can hand anything from them. What I love is that my 3 year old has pick up the letter sounds which has helped her recognize words. I didn't even realize she learned them until I was helping her sound out a word! I was really impressed. My 1 year old loves to play the music that comes from it as well. It is really great to have in the kitchen while I am making dinner. It keeps them entertained for hours!

Durable learning toy that will get use for many years.

from Ann Arbor, MI

Comments about LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set:

We bought this product for our first child because she absolutely loved it and didn't want to leave a friend's house which had it. Our oldest now almost 5 and with two siblings, this toy is still a huge hit in the house. It is a great early learning tool for introducing letters, sounding them out and associating them with little songs. It grows well into the pre-k years too as they get a handle on their alphabet and come back to it with a renewed interest in spelling words as they learn to read and reinforcing writing skills.

I love the Fridge Phonics

from Duluth, GA

Comments about LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set:

I bought this product for my daughter when she was 3 and she learned the alphabet and letter sounds so fast. With the fun songs and easy learning. Awesome product. I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

great toy - but hard to keep up w/all the pieces

from Augusta, GA

Comments about LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set:

This toy was purchased for my daughter for Christmas by her Grandmother.  She purchased one to keep at her house and one to bring home.  My daughter loves this toy, although it is hard keeping up with all the pieces to it.  She is only 2.5 right now and you'll sometimes find some of the letters in the kitchen.  I don't think all the letters will say together very long.