4.1
Lean Cuisine
Lean Cuisine Salmon with Basil

Lean Cuisine Salmon with Basil

4.1

Okay, but not as tasty as the others in this line

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Lean Cuisine Salmon with Basil:

This meal is not as tasty as the others in the Lean Cuisine line. What is good is that the price is very economical, it´s filling, it´s easy to prepare and needs just a five minute microwaving, and it´s low in calories for someone watching his weight. However, the salmon just isn´t tasty. It was too bland.

So good it's hard to believe it's a frozen meal!

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Lean Cuisine Salmon with Basil:

For those looking for quick, convenient meals that fit into a healthy lifestyle, Lean Cuisine is a life-saver.  One of the best the frozen food company has to offer is its Salmon with Basil entree.  How good is it?  It's so good, that were it served on a plate instead of in the original container, no one could tell that it wasn't homemade.

The salmon is pink and tender, three or four generous chunks in each meal.  The orzo pasta is a tasty and refreshing alternative to the usual rice or more common pasta found in frozen entrees.  Even the pickiest eater will gobble up the spinach and water carrots when mixed with a creamy parmesan alfredo-type sauce.  Altogether, these elements combine to make up a satisfying and delicious meal.  For a little added something, a few sprinkles of parmesan cheese will only make great food even better.

An added benefit for those doing Weight Watchers, the Lean Cuisine Salmon with Basil is only four WW points.

One of my favorites!

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Lean Cuisine Salmon with Basil:

I really enjoy this Salmon w/ Basil and Orzo meal.  The little orzo noodles are almost look like rice but are actually whole wheat pasta. The salmon is really good in it too.  The flavor is great and it is just enough to fill you up but not enough to break the calorie bank at lunch!  The calories are low enough that you could even add a sweet treat for dessert too!

With cooking any kind of fish, it's best to make sure the salmon in this meal is fully cooked.  I have not had any problems with the fish cooking evenly.  There are a few other lean cusine meals of the seafood variety that I like a lot .  I like the Tortilla Crusted Fish meal and also the Shrimp Scampi.  I do not eat meat ( only seafood) so it's nice to have these choices and other vegetarianoptions ( Cheddar and Broccli Potatoes is a good one). They have some yummy pasta dishes to choose from as well.

Everytime I buy meals from lean cusine I pick up the Salmon meal.  It has become a weekley favorite of mine!  If you like spinach, salmon and pasta, this is definitely a good choice for you!

Good for an occassional healthy meal, not a frequent one.

from Littleton, CO

Comments about Lean Cuisine Salmon with Basil:

I seem to be in the minority with regards to the flavor, which I thought was a tad on the bland side, but maybe I am spoiled by superior tasting Kashi frozen meal products.  One thing that Kashi does not have, however, is salmon meals.  This meal delivers in that regard - I thought the salmon had great texture and a nice flavor and it is wild to boot.  Overall, I don't think that there's much to complain about with this meal, but I think it stops short of being above average due to flavor issues ... there's not much.

Great seasonings but the salmon is RAW - doesn't cook in 3-4min!

from Miami, FL

Comments about Lean Cuisine Salmon with Basil:

The orzo and spinach mix is fantastic and deliciously seasoned, but the salmon is GROSS. I normally love salmon and I certainly don't want it dry or overcooked, but this salmon comes out raw. Following the box instructions, you will get boiling hot orzo with salmon sushi! It is a shame because this recipe is excellent. I think they need to find a way to precook or half-cook the salmon. If you use the maximum time (4 min, 30 sec) it should be safe. I am using the same microwave that usually requires minimum cooking time. This cooking problem makes the dish unappealing, in my opinion.

Exotic for Lean Cuisine

from Homestead, FL

Comments about Lean Cuisine Salmon with Basil:

I loved trying out all the new stuff Lean Cuisine was putting out, and this one was one of my favorites.  I was initially a little hesitant about getting microwavable salmon, but thought it was worth the try.  I am so glad I went through with it!  I really do feel like I am eating some bistro meal during my quickie lunch.

This fish has ME hooked!

from Oak Park, IL

Comments about Lean Cuisine Salmon with Basil:

I am not a great fan of orzo pasta but I gave this a try and I'm glad I did.  *Lean Cuisine Salmon with Basil* (wild salmon, whole wheat orzo pasta, spinach and carrots in a basil sauce) did not disappoint.  Whole wheat pasta of any kind, to say nothing of chopped spinach, were new experiences for me as far as frozen entrees were concerned and I was pleasantly surprised.  The salmon was absolutely delicious and I do wish there had been a little more of it but I suppose that is an encouraging sign -- when something is so good you wish there were more of it.

The contents of this 9-5/8% package is considered to be one serving which contains 220 calories with 50 calories from fat.  There are six grams total fat, two grams saturated fat, zero trans fat, one and a half gram polyunsaturated fat, two grams monounsaturated fat, 20 mg. cholesterol, 660 mg. sodium, 510 mg. potassium, 24 grams total carbs, four grams dietary fiber, three grams sugars, and 18 grams protein.  Also present are an astonishing **80%** (D.V.) Vitamin A, 4% Vitamin C, 15% Calcium, and 10% Iron.  (Even Popeye the Sailor Man would have been impressed at what a little spinach can do for the nutritional wallop of a frozen entree!)

**TASTE TIP:**

Not overcooking is of crucial importance.  Cook to the lowest suggested time and check to see if it is ready, especially if you have one of the newer higher-powered microwaves.  (Overcooking will cause such tender vegetables to lose texture and "mush down.") If ever there was an entree that was made for a dash of lemon juice, this is it.  Any frozen entree like this needs some extra foods to balance out the meal and stave off hunger.  A medium glass of chilled Simply Lemonade plus a slice of whole grain toast helped to round out my meal and satisfy me longer.

Delicious....

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Lean Cuisine Salmon with Basil:

At first i was like frozen fish and micro i dont know about that one.....but i like to try new things.....it was awesome....i know i was suppose to be on a diet....but i was still freaken hungry afterwards....lol

Yummy and healthy, perfect for lunch.

from Metro Detroit, MI

Comments about Lean Cuisine Salmon with Basil:

Since I don't eat meat, I am excited whenever a TV dinner has some kind of fish in it, especially Salmon.  I initially tried the Salmon with Basil Lean Cuisine "Spa Cuisine" a few years ago.  Since then I stock up on it whenever Lean Cuisine has a good sale since they are kind of pricey on a regular day.

**What's in it?**This meal contains a small slice of wild salmon, sliced into about 5 or 6 pieces. This is mixed with orzo pasta which is really just a thicker kind of rice, spinach and carrots.  This is all covered in a yummy basil sauce which is actually creamier than I expected.  Every part of this meal taste great to me.  It is almost as good as a restaurant!  I can eat it often and I would if it was cheaper.

**The Health Factor**This whole meal only contains 6 grams of fat and 220 calories.  I say it is perfect for lunch because it usually will fill me up for awhile, however I normally can't eat it for dinner because it leaves me hungry.  In addition, there is also 18 grams of protein.  Since I don't eat meat I need to get protein in whenever I can.  On the downside, frozen meals usually have a lot of salt.  This one has 660 mg.  I counteract this by drinking a lot of water!

**The End!**This is a pretty decent meal, although a few hours later I often want a snack.  If you are used to eating big lunches, pair this with a yogurt for dessert so that you stay healthy through the whole meal.  Look for sales at your grocery store and try it out today.  Enjoy!!