3.9
Lean Cuisine
Lean Cuisine Panini

Lean Cuisine Panini

3.9

This Panini is ohhh so good and you don't have to feel guilty!

Once again, I have decided it was time to go on a diet or in better terms, watch what I eat.  I have been tracking my calories and fat and have been trying to make better choices when it comes to my eating habits.  I am usually on the go and don't always have time to make myself nutrional foods.  I decided that if this diet thing was going to work, I was going to have to buy some prepared, lean, frozen meals to go along with the rest of my healthier choices.

I was in the grocery store browsing through the frozen food aisle when I found the Stouffer's Lean Cuisine section.  The Panini with chicken, spinach & mushroom immediately caught my eye.  It was very different than the usual frozen dinners I normally buy and am getting so bored with.

This Panini has gilled white chicken strips with spinach, mushrooms, roasted red pepper, three cheeses and a cheese sauce on italian bread.  All that and for only 8 grams of fat and 280 calories. There is even 21g of protein, 120mg of potassium and 5g of fiber.  On the downside, there is a whopping 690 mg of sodium. There is no trans fat but there is 3.5g of saturated fat.

When I brought it home, I didn't really expect that it would be all that tasty but I decided to pop it in the microwave and give it a try.  There is a grilling tray included which* *I never really thought would actually "grill" the panini.  I cooked it for the required 2:45-3:15 minutes and when it was done, let me tell you ... it looked fantastic.  The cheese was melted and bubbly and the italian bread did look grilled.  After my first bite, I was immediately impressed.  The bread was crunchy but not too hard.  The red peppers, mushrooms and chicken were generous and full of flavor.  The cheese was oh so good and I didn't have to feel guilty! This Panini made me feel full and satisfied.

I will definitely buy this Lean Cuisine Panini again and would recommend it to anyone and everyone so I am giving this frozen meal an enthusiastic 5 star rating!

I will not buy Stouffer's Lean Cuisine Panini again!

I followed the directions on the box for the Stouffer's Lean Cuisine Panini & it turned out very soggy with part of the crust too hard to even cut with a knife. I was very disappointed because I had high hopes for this sandwich. I did eat the whole sandwich except the too hard crust & it tasted ok. I should know better than to think you can make a panini sandwich in the microwave & have it actually turn out like you made it in a panini press! Lesson learned! The sodium was very high at 830 mg....way too much for me! It wasn't something I would eat again. I will just go back to making my own home made sandwiches.

Taste great.

from Kansas

Comments about Lean Cuisine Panini:

Lean Cuisine Panini's are among my favorite type of Lean Cuisines! The chicken club Panini is my absolute favorite. These taste great, are quick, and come out tasting like a sandwich you could get at a cafe.

To cook this you simply take it out of the plastic, fold the lid of the box back, and place two halves of the sandwich, bread down, on the box. You place to two halves of the sandwich on a gray, metallic type area. This metallic area causes the bread to actually crisp. When it is cooked, you just put the two halves together and you have a YUMMY, crispy Panini. These make for such a delicious and quick lunch or dinner.

I know Lean Cuisines are not the healthiest choice when it comes to meals. They are full of sodium and artificial ingredients. That is why I gave it an 8 rating instead of 10. But I think occasionally it is okay to treat yourself to one of their Panini’s. Try these!

Philly-Style Steak & Cheese Panini Surprisingly Good!

Comments about Lean Cuisine Panini:

Most frozen food entrees are mush, so I expected the same from this product. I was pleasantly surprised to bite into it and actually taste the bell pepper. The meat is also well seasoned and not overly salty. I usually stick with the chicken entrees, but I'm so glad I tried this one!

Great for Busy Work Lunches

from Dover, DE

Comments about Lean Cuisine Panini:

I love the taste, the overall lock and the ease of microwaving. On days when I am at work and will have a quick lunch I have these in the freezer. They sure beat a quick run through a drive thru where the food gets cold/soggy by the time you get back to eat. I also think the portion size is perfect for lunch -- doesn't pay to be too stuffed for the afternoon. The directions are easy to follow and the results are perfect.

Great healthy sandwich.

from Butner, NC

Comments about Lean Cuisine Panini:

Lean Cuisine products are some of our favorite frozen items and the panini is included in that. We love them- they are good, easy to make, and healthier and much cheaper than a sandwich from a cafe or take out place. We have a lower wattage microwave so add a little extra cooking time but have had no problems with our paninis so far. Of course, they aren't going to be like a restaurant but with gas prices like they are - we don't mind staying in versus eating out. Also, we don't have to leave a tip!

Wasn't great...

from San Marcos, TX

Comments about Lean Cuisine Panini:

I was not impressed with this product.  I'm one of those people who will just throw it away instead of eating something that isn't good.  I didn't finish this.  It had a strange flavor that really turned me off to it.  I gave it 2 stars because it wasn't horrible.

Great stuff!

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Lean Cuisine Panini:

I eat Lean Cuisine Panini for several reasons, they are quick and easy, they are low calorie, and I feel like I am getting a healthy portion while getting something really good tasting. There are several varieties to choose from and I think I have had them all, and loved them.  My personal favorite is the steak sandwich though.  I would recommend these to anyone for lunch or dinner.

love at first lean bite

from Saint Joseph, MO

Comments about Lean Cuisine Panini:

Lean Cusine Panni's are awesome.  They taste awesome.  Hot and gooey.  Salty and Tasty.  They are cheap and quick.  They are sooo easy to cook.  OH, and get this they don't add 50 million pounds to your hips.  Thats what I'm talking about.

very good, feels like your cheating.

from Hampstead, MD

Comments about Lean Cuisine Panini:

These panini's are very good.  They cook fast and have no clean up.  I like to take them to work to eat so that I can eat with one hand and work with the other.  My husband loves them too!  I have recommended them to co-workers and they enjoy them also.

Delish Panini!

from Sterling Heights, MI

Comments about Lean Cuisine Panini:

I really love the pannini's by Lean Cuisine! They are very tasty & low in calories & the convenience for a hot sandwich can't be beat! My fave is the chicken with spinach...I could eat that EVERYDAY! If I'm really hungry, I may add a small side salad to it but it's a filling meal all in itself.

"Lean Cuisine Paninis Rock!"

from Pocono Pines, PA

Comments about Lean Cuisine Panini:

Lean Cuisine Paninis are delicious! They are quick and convenient. You don't feel like you are watching your weight when you eat them. There is a nice selection of paninis to choose from, all which are low in fat & calories, so there are no boring meals. Just heat in microwave for a few minutes and you have a hot and tasty lunch or dinner. Pricing is great, especially when they are on sale and if you have a coupon to boot! Even if your are not watching your weight these are great little meals to eat. Weight watchers can also eat these paninis, the weight watcher points are on the side panel. Lean Cuisine is also having apromotion at this time, from january till the end of March, buy twenty lean cuisnes and join on line at their web -site and enter codes which are found inside the boxes and after you earn twenty codes, you can receive a cool looking lunch bag from them! The bags are really nice! And there are a few differnt ones to choose from.