4.8
Lay's
Lay's - Wavy Original Chips

Lay's - Wavy Original Chips

4.8

Very good, but was quickly replicated

Comments about Lay's - Wavy Original Chips:

I really loved these chips when they first came out because they were wavy and thick, which made them ideal for using with dips, but they were quickly mimicked by generic brand chips (which had decent quality and taste for considerably lower prices). I definitely recommend them, but don't usually buy the Lay's brand unless it is on sale.

Mmmm wavy!

Comments about Lay's - Wavy Original Chips:

The Wavy variety of Lays is one of my favorite chips on the market. I prefer the texture of the wavy chip over the flat original chip. It feels like the chip has less oil and it tastes like the salt mixes better with the chip in this shape. This is a top chip, worth a try if you never have.

no complaints

Comments about Lay's - Wavy Original Chips:

Lay's Wavy Original Chips are a classic, basic wavy potato chip. They have just the right amount of salt (which for me is kind of a lot haha), and are very crispy. They are excellent for dipping, as they hold dips better than regular chips and make less mess. I prefer these to the regular for plain snacking too without the dip really.

Great Lay's Potato Chips

Comments about Lay's - Wavy Original Chips:

I have first always been a fan of Lay's Potato Chips and the Newer wavy chips do not disappoint. They have that same great Lay's taste and it does not take away from the chip. Try with some salsa and you will not be disappointed at all. Great with a mild salsa or cheese dip.

Very good Chip, for a wavy chip.

Comments about Lay's - Wavy Original Chips:

I was always a Ruffle's fan, ever since I was a child. I like the way these types of chips hold the weight of the dip and that they don't break very easily. The only problem with Ruffles is I always found them a little bland by themselves. This is why I have a new favorite dip chip. This is the Lay's wavy chips. They are just a weighty as Ruffle's but they have the flavor of regular Lay's chips. Perfectly balanced with saltiness and natural potato flavor. Lay's wavy chips are also a good chip because this brand is often on sale whereas the Ruffles chips stay the regular price most of the time. Lay's wavy chips pair very nicely with a sour cream ranch dip or a mild or nacho cheese dip. I think it could even fair nicely with a chunky salsa without getting too soggy. I would not use it to make nachos, though, because I think they may get soggy if warmed in a microwave or if sitting under a sauce for too long. Overall, this is a nice potato chip with good consistency and taste.

Gotta love Lays Potato Chips!

from Boondocks the heart of Northern , NY

Comments about Lay's - Wavy Original Chips:

I have tried many kinds and flavors of potato chips over the years but seem to keep coming back to my Lays Wavy Potato Chips. They are fresh, not over salted and have a wholesome flavor to them. When you open a bag of these you get to taste quality. The chips in the bag are not crushed and in small pieces as some potato chips tend to be. You get larger chips and they have a nice thickness to them. This is definetly a chip you can dip and with the waves in it the dip holds better.Whether you eat them plain or with dip, they are great to take to a bbq, birthday party, for a holiday  or just to sit in front of your television and eat some watching tv. Sometimes here I can find stores have a bogo offer on them and that is when I just smile and stock up on a few bags. Love a good bargain for a great food item. Also great to have with your favorite soft drink. This is a family favorite of ours. Love this with dill dip.

Lays original wavy chips are, AMAZING!

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Lay's - Wavy Original Chips:

the lay's origial wav chips are an all time snack for me.These chips fil my hunger needs when i need them too.Whether i have dip or not these chips are soooo good with or without any toppings such as dip. if i was to rate this snack food i would give it a 100 on a 1-10 scale. anybody who tries these chips will enjoy theire delicious yet crunchy taste.i love chips and i have tasted alot of different kinds and brands in my life, but this is the only kind i actually truley LOVE. they are delicious,crunchy,tasy,and a melt in your mouth type of snack food.I have been eating chips all my life and my favorite food is chips and dip and no chips come to the tasty goodness of the lay's originla wavy chips.when me and my spouse and family sit down to relax and or have family time i pull out a bag of lay's chips instead of any other kind of snack foods.when my friends come over to hang out with me or to babysit my kids i make sure they have some lay's chip[s and they LOVE them as much as i do.

Crunchy solution to my chip craving!

from In the sun, FL

Comments about Lay's - Wavy Original Chips:

I try not to eat potato chips that often cause of all the salt. When I do, I want none other than Lay's Wavy original Chips. They are light, yet firm, just the right amount of salt, and always crunchy and taste great. The only ingredients are Potatoes, Sunflower Oil,and /or Corn, and Salt, Nothing you cant pronounce., and may wonder..what is that??  Made with all natural oils, and guaranteed fresh. They are a weakness of mine. If you need crunchy snack, with just a hint of that salty goodness..these are for you. I try to watch how many I eat, either with a bowl, or my husband and I will share a 99 cent bag. Remember that commercial where they can you can't  just have one? Its true..