Other Snacks & Cookies:
All Natural Snacks, Cholesterol Free, No Trans Fat, Potato Chips, Salted, Sugar Free Snacks, Trans-fat free
Lay's

Lay's - Classic Potato Chips

Abandon hope all ye who enter here? MAYBE not!

Like most of us, I have come to look askance at the "Snacks" aisle at the supermarket or convenience store.  I realize too well that a person like me has no business shopping in that part of the store unless I am buying a contribution to bring to a party.  Instead of "Snacks" there should be a sign over that aisle which proclaims ***"Abandon hope, all ye who enter here!"***  As a matter of fact I rarely ever enter there as the only attempts at healthier products seem to have resulted in low-fat overtures which seem hard enough to pry open windows or those dreadful things booby-trapped with the deadly Olestra that I have read so much about.  All of this not withstanding, there I was at the 7/11 the other night with a taste for a little something to go with that leftover turkey sandwich at home.  What happened next may not have been pretty to watch but I won't lie to you -- I oh Lord picked up a 2-1/2 oz. package of ***Lay's Classic Potato Chips*** and actually took them home with me.

**LATER, AT THE SCENE OF THE CRIME .....**

There I was at home, my sandwich and **diet (!)** coke lined up in front of me, but first I decided to "bite down on the bullet" and read the label information for the potato chips.  As it turns out, I was in for a surprise.

**STATS:**

A little less than half the bag (one ounce) is supposed to be a single serving and here is the first surprise -- even if you love potato chips as much as I do, a half a bag of these is really enough!  (The bag is is easy to roll shut and secure with a little Scotch tape for another sandwich later on or could easily be shared with another person.)  The single one-ounce serving contains 150 calories with 90 calories from fat.  There are 10 grams Total Fat, one gram Saturated Fat, 4.5 grams each Polyunsaturated and Monounsaturated Fats, zero each Trans Fat, Cholesterol and Sugars, 180 mg. Sodium, 330 mg. Potassium, 15 grams Total Carbs, one gram Dietary Fiber, and 2 grams Protein.  That isn't all though, a single one-ounce serving of ***Lay's Classic Potato Chips*** is also packing 2% (D.V.) each Iron and Thiamin, 4% each Vitamin B6, Phosphorus and Magnesium, 6% each Vitamin E and Niacin, and 10% Vitamin C.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

Should we be eating things like this every day (even if we stick to a single serving)?  No, nor were salted snacks meant to be the main thrust of a daily diet.  For an occasional treat, however, we could do worse than ***Lay's Classic Potato Chips***.  The "Snacks" aisle may still be dangerous territory for most of us but not it appears totally without hope after all.

Lays potato chips are a crunchy snack ready for you anytime

Lays potatoe chips are the classic potato chip in America.  I'm pretty sure that everyone grew up on them.  They are salty and have a nice crunch to them both in your mouth and in your ear.  The chips are quite expensive for the amount that you get in the bag.  I mean I know you have to leave air in the bag to make sure that the chips do not get broken, but they put way too much air in there.  I feel like I'm paying for everything that goes with it, and not just the food in there.  I do not buy them very often because they are so expensive and because they are not good for you.  They are just empty calories, fat, and sodium that does not help your body in any way.  They don't even fill you up and since they have so many chemicals in them, you are constantly addicted to their salty taste.  I try just to stay away from them if possible.  I mean really what am I gaining from these potato chips.  Lays potato chips are an expensive unhealthy snack that America loves.

Quality downgraded

from Haryana

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

Cons

• Messy
    • Tastes Bad
    • Unhealthy

Comments about Lay's - Classic Potato Chips:

The quality of lays classic salted has been downgraded to such an extent that even non branded chips would taste thousands times better than this. It was nice earlier but don't know what has happened to them now. Really disappointed. Would never ever go for lays now , nor will recommend to anyone. Seems like they are using cheapest and worst quality of potatoes. It tastes pathetic.

• Primary use:
      • Personal

Lays are my favorite plain potato chip.

Comments about Lay's - Classic Potato Chips:

When I want a potato chip with the original flavor I pick Lays. They are light and not greasy. They have just the right amount of salt. I can often find them on sale at the grocery store.. I serve them often when I have company because I know everyone will like the original flavor. When I serve other flavors of potato chips to guests I never know whether they will like the flavor. Lays chips are great with sandwiches. I have served them to guests when barbecue is on the menu and they are always a hit. The are also great at parties with dip. Because they are original flavor they don't overpower the dip. If they are sealed well after the bag is open they tend to keep their freshness for quite a while along they usually don't last very long. It's hard to just eat a handful. I buy the small lunch size bags for my grandchildren. They like to eat them at lunch and they travel well in the car for a snack.

from Georgia

Comments about Lay's - Classic Potato Chips:

I absolutely love Lay's - Classic Potato Chips! I love the taste of the chips and how they are all-natural. I eat Lay's - Classic Potato Chips with luncheon meat and they really compliment the meal. I love the crisp of the chips and the amount of salt that is sprinkled over them. They are just perfect! These chips are not too salty and have no cholesterol or sugar. I love Lay's - Classic Potato Chips and I highly recommend you have them at parties or get-togethes. My guests love when I bring out a bowl of these chips with ranch dip.

Lay's Classic Potato Chips

Comments about Lay's - Classic Potato Chips:

I wouldn't say I'm an expert on chips but I do know what I like and Lay's Classic Potato Chips would not be the packet I place into my shopping trolley unless there were limited alternatives to choose from. They're do-able but I don't consider my money well spent on them. Firstly, I always find myself disappointed at the lack of chips inside the package. I realise, of course, that the manufacturer has to place air in the package to protect the chips from getting crushed, however this only leads to the implication that the package is totally full of chips, when apparently it is not! Second, in my experience, the chips are usually somewhat crushed anyway, in spite of the pre-packaged air! Thirdly, there are so many fancy, and somewhat unusual, flavors out there these days that I usually end up a little disappointed with the lack of flavor in Lay's Classic. They have a degree of salt, but salt alone doesn't really work for me any more. Lastly, they are relatively thin chips (which is perhaps why they break so easily). Because of the lack of flavor I would tend to suggest that they would work best together with a dip but really, they are too thin to sustain any scooping!

They call it "classic" for a reason.

Comments about Lay's - Classic Potato Chips:

Lay's Classic Potato Chips are everything that potato chips should be. They are crunchy and salty and with just the right amount of grease. The biggest problem with these chips (in addition to being high in fat and sodium) is that they disappear way too fast because they are so habit-forming. Since they are a plain chip, they also work well with dips because they don't overpower the flavor of the dip.

There's a reason there slogan is what it is.

Comments about Lay's - Classic Potato Chips:

If you ever look at the back of a Lay's Potato Chip bag it has there infamous saying "Bet You Can't Eat Just One" and that is most definitely an accurate slogan. These chips are delicious and they go great with almost every kind of dip. The Lays Classic Potato Chips are always a winning option in my house and they always have nice crunch about them. They taste fresh and while they are crunchy, they aren't hard to chew. The bag is always filled pretty well and there are usually a minimal amount of crumbs in the bottom of the bag. I would most definitely recommend these chips!

Salty crunchy delight

Comments about Lay's - Classic Potato Chips:

Lay's Classic Potato Chips take me way back to when I was a kid. I loved these chips. I could eat them with dip or without any dip. In my house we add seasoning salt to them. They have a great salty taste and a light crunch. The only thing that disappoints me is that almost half of the bag is filled with air. Each bag is pretty costly so when you open a bag and it is not full of chips I feel as if I was ripped off.

My favorite potato chips of all

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Lay's - Classic Potato Chips:

I can only think of one thing better than a bag of Lay's potato chips, and that's two bags. The salty fresh crunch of one of these chips is an answering to a deep salt craving plus a love of potatoes. I grew up with these gems, and they have not changed and are just as delicious now as they were then. This is my snack of choice any time I want something salty. I love the way they crunch, and I like the consistent thin crispness.

Repack this snack

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Lay's - Classic Potato Chips:

Lay's classic potato chip commercials - say you can't eat just one. I might lean on the side of agreement with them. Lays potato chips are addicting. I get to watching t.v and popping these lightly salted airy and crispy snacks and I lose control. The Lay's classic is just that, classic. It doesn't taste weighed down by grease. It is not overwhelmed be extra flavors. They are well balanced with a light oil and salt. I don't think there are many other things that simple and that good. Overall, they are really tasty, crunchable and crave - able but, I suggest you put some in a bowl rather than eating out of the bag. The chips are what I call mindless eating food. A food that you eat while watching t.v. and lose track of how much you've actually eaten. While they are good, your health won't be if you continually over indulge.

Lay's Classic CHips are exactly what they claim to be

Comments about Lay's - Classic Potato Chips:

Lay's Classic Potato Chips are sort of a standard setter. They are high quality, no-frills, old-fashioned, plain, salted potato chips. They're extra crispy, and are great for dipping, especially in Lay's brand dips (Ranch or Sour Cream and Onion). We always had a bag of original Lay's in the kitchen when I was growing up. My mom buys a bag of Lay's almost every time she shops, so it's a nostalgic brand for me. This is true "comfort food." One of my favorite things about Lay's chips is they're sliced really thin, but are also nice and large. They are salted to perfection as well, and are a very consistent product.