Other Lawn Mowers:
Gas Lawn Mowers, Self-Propelled Lawn Mowers
Lawn Boy

My new Lawn Boy mower is the best I've ever owned.

My new self-propelled Lawn Boy mower is an innovation in technology.

First of all, it's rear wheels are the drive wheels making it extremely easy to manuever and turn. Secondly, Lawn Boy's superiority clearly shows in the fact that the large Briggs and Stratton engine does not have to be choked or primed to start. Other mowers currently on the market in Lawn Boy's price range and powered by the same engine must be primed three times before they will start. Even the other mowers with electric starting must be primed in order to start. Not so the new Lawn Boy. It has an automatic choke assembly very much akin to today's high tech automobiles where the operator must only turn the key to get the engine to start correctly.

My new Lawn Boy lawn mower is also electric starting and coupled with the automatic choking carburator together they have taken all the work out of the usual tedious chore of starting any small engine.

Another big technological advance on Lawn Boy's part is the user replacable battery for the electric start. Every battery wears out over time. The other lawn mowers I have seen and owned in Lawn Boy's league do not have user replacable batteries. When the competitions' batteries die you're in for a trip. You must load your mower in something that will easily carry it, take it to an authorized repair center, and then pay through the nose to let them install new batteries for you.

Lawn Boy is ok, but could be better

Lawn Boy Self-Propelled Lawn Mowers are ok, they could be much better. They are cheaper than other brands first and foremost, so with that I would recommend this lawnmower to people on a budget. It works, it does what it is supposed to, but the self-propel feature can lock and unlock at times. The unit can also be nearly impossible to start at times. There is also a plastic piece under the mower to prevent stuff from shooting out on the user, but this item fails miserably. The piece gets stuck and in the way while you are mowing the lawn, major pain in the butt. Also, the side plastic screw bolts tend to fall out on their own, but this is less of an issue as you do not even need those pieces on the unit. Other than those pains, the unit works and the easy on/off bag attachment is probably one of it's biggest selling points. Lawn Boy Self-Propelled Lawn Mowers will get the job done, but you might be missing a couple of pieces by the end.

21 Lawn Boy 20-Inch Briggs & Stratton Gas-Powered Mower is great

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Lawn Boy 20-Inch 6.75-Gross-Torque Briggs & Stratton Gas-Powered Variable-Speed Lawn Mower:

We've had this mower for several years now and love it. It's very ease to use and with the self-propelled motions, it's light enough for a woman or teenager to operate. It's been reliable and we haven't had any problems with it so far.

The 21 Lawn Boy 20-Inch 6.75-Gross-Torque Briggs & Stratton Gas-Powered Variable-Speed Lawn Mower is easy to start and simple to operate. It cuts our grass evenly and at the level we desire.

Handling
We have a large lot with hills and many trees and this Lawn Boy is easy to maneuver around the corners and up and down the hills. It self-propels with a lot of power so I'm not exhausted after mowing the lawn.

We've never had to have this mower serviced yet and we mow often twice a week. It's dependable and well built so we hope to have it for many years to come.

It's very light to push - the self-propelled feature practically mows itself. With our hilly yard, it's still easy to push up the terrain without much effort.

• Handling:
  • Safety:
  • Engine Power:

the title descibes the unit completely before you buy it

One of the best lawn mowers on the market

The performance of the unit is strong. It works so well that it is effortless to use and you aren't tired after mowing the lawn. Being basically self propelled you can push it with one finger and it just goes where you point it.

Handling
The unit handles easily. It goes where you want it to go by barely moving the handle. It makes doing a large lawn effortless and you aren't tired after the job is done.

Very durable. This unit is strong and tough to hurt. The material it is made of is practically indestructible and takes any abuse from flying rocks, etc. and retains it's good looks. As well it doesn't fail under any circumstances.

Safety
It is very safe. It is designed not to throw rocks, etc. to protect the user from injury.

It is so easy to use, that I as a woman, have no problem using this unit. This was a major consideration when I bought it.

Engine Power
The engine power is so strong that you only need to run the mower over the patch of grass once to get a good job done.

• Handling:
  • Safety:
  • Engine Power:

We are getting our monies worth

from Lexington, KY

We bought our Lwanboy at the end of the season and got a great price on it. We have had it for three years now and it has been a great value. We have had no repair issues and just recently sharpened the blade for the first time. We have a .25 lot and some tough Kentucky grass to mow...it works well and was worth the price!

My new Lawn Boy mower is the best I've ever owned.

from Oklahoma City, OK

Best Mower We have Ever Used

from Larned, KS

We purchased this mower reading it in a consumer review saying how great of a mower it is for the price! So we thought why not try it out and see how we like it. Well we really like the mower! We have used it many times and it has been used through 2 summers now and not one bit of a problem! We have had to sharpen the blade a few times but that is common and nothing you wouldn't have to do with any other mower! The only thing I regret is I wish we would have purchased a self-propelled mower, just for ease of mowing.

With this mower I find it doesn't hog gas or oil, so that helps on cost. We make sure to clean out the bottom of mower often to make sure grass isn't building up underneath it. When we use the bagger it takes awhile to fill up, which is really nice. It seems to pick up a lot of the grass and leaves a little still in the yard. We really enjoy this mower and the bagger! It seems to work great with our family!

My LawnBoy starts easy and runs great

from Glidden, IA

I had to take My LawnBoy rear bagger in for service right away cause it would not start but the company that did the warranty service was fast and easy to work with.  Since then my mower starts easy and runs great and I have a very large lawn.

this is the best mower i ever owned

from Ambridge, PA

I recently bought this lawn mower to replace another lawn mower that i have had for about five years. I bought it because aneighbor of mine had nothing but good things to say about lawn boy lawn mowers. I am very happy i took his advice because this is the best lawn mower i have ever had. The first thing i noticed the first time i used it was how easy it was to start. It does not have a prime button for priming the fuel like alot of other lawn mowers, which tend to start leaking after afew years. You just put the lever in the start position and pullthe cord and it starts right up.  It is not hard pulling the cord either.  The next thing i noticed was the discharge of the grass and the collection of the grass.  For one it has alot of power, it blows the grass into the bag with ease.  Vey powerful.  It doesn't leave grass cuttings behind.  the next thing i noticed was emptying the bag.  It has a very simple way of attaching the bag, unlike other lawn mowers i have owned.  It is very easy to put the bag on and to take it off again to empty. The bag easily empties and does not leave alot of clippings still in the bag.  It runs on a mixture of gasoline and oil which i prefer to having the oil seperate.  I am very happy with my purchase and i would reccomend a lawn boy lawn mower to anyone.

Lawn Boy is ok, but could be better

from Lake Villa, IL

THE LAWNBOY SELF PERPELLED LAWNMOWER IS A GREAT MACHINE.

from Mobile, AL

WELL MY LAWNBOY SELF PERPELLED LAWNMOWER IS REALY A GOOD LAWNMOWER FOR ME IT DOESN'T TAKE MUCH TO USE IT BECAUSE IT IS SELFPERPELLED.AND IT REALY DOES A VERY GOOD CUTTING GRADE WHEN YOU GET THROUGH WITH YOUR YARD IT LOOKS LIKE A PROFESIONAL DONE IT. AND FOR THE PRICE OF 299.00 IT IS A BARGAIN.

Pretty Good Lawn Boy Mower

from Ivins, UT

This is a pretty good lawn boy sel propelled mower. The bags come off easily and you can easily put them back on. I like that it is self-propelled which maked mowing the lawn a lot easier and faster and you dont have to push as hard. so far i havent had any problems and it runs great and it looks great. i like the color of it, different that any old red one that most people have! it is loud but what mower isnt! at first i thought it was pretty easy to start and was excited about that but then as times went by it seems like it doesnt want to start as easily anymore and we have only had it about 7 months! i also notice that sometimes the adjustable handle wants to come loose which is kind of a pain when you are pushing around this heavy thing! oh and thats the other thing...it is pretty heavy and sometimes i have to push it through rocks and that is really hard since its obviously not turned on while doing this.