Other Space Heaters:

Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

This Lasko room heater really warms up a space efficiently.

I am very sensitive to the cold, so when our heater went out this winter I was mortified. We purchased this ceramic heater because I knew that I wanted something safe for our home that wouldn't pose as a fire hazard, but still give off enough heat to keep me warm while watching television in the living room. This heater went above and beyond in getting and keeping our open floor plan warm enough to be able to get out from underneath the blankets, even on the coldest of days. You can just turn the heater on and let it blow, or you can set the digital thermostat to hold at a certain temperature. You get the choice of high or low heat, and it will even oscillate if you want to distribute the heat around. I like that the casing does not get hot, and it has a safety feature that will shut itself off if it gets turned over on its side, which is great when you have pets or kids. My favorite part is that it has a remote control, so if I am getting too warm, I don't have to get up to change settings on it. It is definitely worth the small investment while we were able to save up to get our central heat fixed. It did such a good job at keeping me comfortable that even when we got the heater fixed, we rarely used it because we didn't see the need of the extra electricity costs, so it really saved us a lot of money in the long run!

I will definitely purchase another one next year for our upstairs area.

Cost-Effective but Not Durable

When our first daughter was born, we were concerned that her bedroom did not retain heat very well. While we bundled her at night, with mittens and multiple layers of clothing, she wasn't staying very warm. Thus, we bought a space heater, knowing she would soon be able to move around and grab things. So we tried to find something within our budget that would also be safe.

We were happy with the tip-over feature on this model - as in we were glad to know if it ever fell over for any reason it would automatically shut off. We also loved that it was cool-to-the-touch, so if she somehow got her hands on it, she'd be safe. Finally, the oscillating factor was a perk, because we wanted the heat, of course, to be evenly distributed.

And for a few months, it worked great.

And then it started making an odd humming sound.

I'm still not sure if that humming sound would pose any kind of safety issue, but it was enough to make me concerned that something might be off that could eventually cause a spark.

So we stopped using it.

To this day, while we still own the heater, I only feel safe using it in the garage to keep our cats warm during inclement weather (so it has been used less than a handful of times since the mysterious noise showed up).

Thus, it obviously has not actually caused any damage and still seems to be working fine, I still feel nervous recommending the product - it's the nervous mother in me.

Excellent heater

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

With winter being as cold as ever and seeming like it will never end I am glad I purchased the Lasko Portable Oscillating Heater. I use it in various rooms in the house and it performs great. It works great in small and medium size rooms leaving the rooms toasty warm. It heats up pretty quick, it has 1500 watts.

The heater does not make much noise which is pretty cool. I am able to leave it on for hours with no problems or safety issues. I also love how it is saving me a ton of money from using my homes heater. It has a 2 settings which I can choose from, from either high or low. It is also not very heavy so it is easy to carry and it has a handle on the top end which makes it very easy to move around the house. How it looks is pretty simple and plain but I am just happy it performs as great as it does.

Heats up small and medium size rooms great.

Very simple to use.

Have had it for this winter now.

Simple and plain design but that is not bad.

Very safe to use.

Great Power and value !!

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

This little space heater is amazing !! It really does heat up the room. I bought this heater for my work space, i work in a large office and we have a heating system but just need a little more heat for my feet on these cold winter days and this little power heater is the best. It has 2 settings, one that gets really hot and a lower one. Both work great. No smell to it at all, and has been working great for 3 months now. This product was bought on no reviews read and i am very impressed. I usually review a bunch of products before buying one but i went with my gut on this one, and i hope this review helps you ! This heater is great,

Really heats up quick!

easy settings and buttons to understand.

Durability seems okay in this product.

Perfect height for being on the floor and warming up the toes or putting on a table top and warming up the upper half of the body.

Safety
The mesh screen on the front does get hot, but does not melt anything that touches it. I like that a lot, my old one use to melt anything that touched it right away, not a good idea.

Great for small spaces

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

I have this Lasko Tower Heater and it is great for small spaces such as in my bathroom or in my office or even next to my bed. I like that it doesn't really look like a heater, it looks more like a fan or an air purifier. I originally bought it for my bathroom. Because of its more vertical shape, I figured it would take less space in my tiny, little bathroom. Then, when my office got to be too cold, I brought it into work. Many of my coworkers thought that it was an air purifier or something other than a heater, but they could feel the heat, so they knew. It works fairly well for a small heater. It probably won't heat up the whole room, but it will warm you or a small group up. I like that it doesn't get too hot unlike some other larger heaters where it starts to feel uncomfortable and feel like my skin is burning. The heater also has a fan option if you do not need the heat which is another plus over other ones that only heat.

great space heater

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

Overall, I would recommend the Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater 5369. This oscillating, portable heater provides additional warm to small areas such as an office or bedroom. I enjoy using it at work to help warm up my office area. This is not the best portable area for heating an additional large area, but it works well for the purpose that I desire.

Overall, I find the Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater to work well. It takes only a few minutes after plugging it in for the heater to start working. The heater can be set to high or low (fan speed), and temperature. From there, the hot air will blow and circulate warming the area to that desired temperature.

I find this product very straight forward and easy to use. i think that it is very user friendly. The manual provides very helpful information, if there are any questions about how to use.

Works As Expected

from Circleville, OH

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

This was a good value for the price. I was surprised by the heat it did produce as I didn't expect much from such a small unit.

Not great but good. Nice for small spaces

Quick and simple to use

Maintained the same performance and look throughout use. No issues

Plain design and colors

Safety
It wasn't overly hot but i wouldn't leave it unattended with small children

Cost-Effective but Not Durable

from Shawnee, OK

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

And for a few months, it worked great.

And then it started making an odd humming sound.

So we stopped using it.

Wonderful heater

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

I have great appreciation for Lasko products and this Lasko portable oscillating ceramic tower heater sure delivers! It gives off a lot of heat, does not take any time at all to heat up the room, and does not get too hot either. It even oscillates obviously which is great. I have never had a heater that oscillated before and having an oscillating heater is quite advantageous because the heat distributes pretty well around the entire room. It's also not too loud which is fantastic, because sometimes heaters are too loud and I can't sleep at night not because it's too cold but because the heat is too loud.
Anyways, this is a heater that I am glad I bought!

Fine space heater

from Berwyn, PA

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

This Lasko Oscillating Ceramic tower Heater is a fine space heater. Living in New England, our house can get very cold and is expensive to heat. We use this space heater if we are staying in one room for awhile (for example working in our home office). It is strong enough to heat the room nicely without costing an arm and a leg.

• Safety:

This heater is perfect for heating one room.

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

This heater was purchased three years ago for a friend of mine who was staying with me for several months. I'm not a huge fan of central air and heat because it is so dry so this heater was a good solution to that. It provides heat to a small to medium area without providing the dryness that comes with central heat. It's a great purchase to make.

This heater has several settings and heats well when a small area needs to be heated.

Easy to use knobs for adjusting heat and oscillation.

For the price, this heater has held up well over the last three years.

The small size makes this heater easy to store.

Safety
I have not had any safety concerns with this heater.

Keeps me toasty

from College Station, TX

Comments about Lasko Portable Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater:

I really like this heater. It was purchased to replace a smaller lasko that I had in my office. I've received several inquiries about this heater because people entering my office ( a big space) instantly feel the "toasty-ness" of my heater LOL. It really does a nice job of heating up this ice box. I sometimes use it at my apartment as well and it does a great job as well. The knobs are "press" instead of "turn" knobs and i love that it oscillates. I guess my only criticism is that it should have a thermostat that automatically turns off/on when the room gets to the desirable temperature. This is because sometimes the room gets too hot and i have to constantly adjust the temperature.

Should have a thermostat