Other Space Heaters:

Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Works great and runs quietly but temperature setting annoying.

The Lasko 5365 Ceramic Heater is great if you are looking for a quiet heater.  It warms a small room very quickly with a very soft fan noise.  We had tried many similar units but found that they were very loud.  This heater also looks great in the room and definitely puts out more heat than the little cube style heaters.

My main complaint with this heater is that the temperature must be reset every time the unit is turned on.  If it is not set, the unit will just continue to run at maximum output and heat the room until it feels like it is a sauna.  The manufacturer should have designed it to default to a comfortable temperature like 67 F instead of just running constantly.  We use this heater in the baby's nursery and have occasionally forgotten to reset the temperature when we turned it on.  The baby would wake up crying, soaked in sweat and the room would be over 85 F.  It is also very noisy to set the temperature, because each time you press the button it beeps loudly.  Not great when you've finally gotten a fussy baby to sleep.

Another small complaint is that the markings on the (much used) temperture setting buttons rubbed off very quickly.  This only adds to the annoyance of having to constantly reset the temperature.

Overall, I like the heater but I wouldn't buy it again because of having to reset the temperature all the time.

Lasko 5365 Compact Space Heater - noisy but nice

Despite short-comings like beeping loudly at every button push, lack of a fan-only option, and an inconsistent thermostat, I was overall pretty content with its operation. I used it moderately to keep my bedroom comfortable from January through May or so, then gave it an extended summer vacation. Brought it back on the scene around early October. It was working fine for a day or two, then just refused to turn on. When I plug it in the little red power light still comes on, but it doesn't beep anymore. No buttons on the unit or remote get any kind of response. It is basically in a vegetative state. I have to add - I thought the stand would be a good idea since my bed is pretty high. I wasn't thinking about the fact that the heat is going to rise anyway, and having the heat start about a foot off the ground makes it more difficult than it should be to warm your feet if you're sitting or standing. I just ordered a different tower heater that does not have a stand and does have a fan-only option for when you just want some circulation and/or white noise.

We use this heater daily.

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

I have a slightly older model of this same Lasko portable pedestal heater. We use it in our 4 month old son's room to make up for very drafty conditions in the room. The heat in the room is not constant and is very patchy. This pedestal space heater evens out the heat in the room and keeps it at a nice 72 degree temperature during the middle of the night. My son used to wake up with cold hand and cheeks but now he is warm. We use the heater on the "A" automatic setting. You set the temperature that you want and it will turn on and off depending on the thermostat determination. We also use it on oscillating setting. There are also timer settings for 1hr or more. We use this daily and find ti to be of great quality.

• Safety:

Very durable heater and lightweight

from New Baltimore, MI

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

I found this heater very nice and easy to use. The durability makes this an ideal product to travel with. We have use this many times in our camper. It's lightweight so it makes it easy to move from one end of the camper to the other. Plus it's very safe to use. My 6 year old uses it and I have no worries. It has an easy on / off switch and if it gets to hot it has a safety guard on it so that it avoids situations. I have also use this in my garage during the winter months to work on my car I can place it under the car and not worry about it for a few hours. We store this in a small closet when not in use and it take up no space at all. The only down side of this product is that it doesn't have a very long cord so you may have to invest in an extension cord.

Makes winters warm

from Yukon, OK

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

This little baby keeps me warm all winter. I like that it is on a stand and heats up more than just my feet. It has great settings of low and high.

You just plug it in and turn it on.

I have been a little rough and dropped it a few times, but it still works.

I think it looks better than other box looking ones.

Great space heater

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

We purchased this space heater for a child's room that tended to be on the "cold side of the house". It has been used fall and winter, nightly, for 3 years now and works just as well as the day we bought it. There are lots of options for however you need to use the heater. We use the "temperature control" setting and can set the machine to keep the room within a couple degrees of our preferred temperature. There are also options for a constant heating, auto shut off after a certain amount of time and more.

Great design...the heat output does not touch the ground and, being tall, does not take up a large amount of floor space.

Safety
The unit itself does not get hot on the outside so its safe for kids who may touch.

AwesOme

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

I am in the unfortunate position of having to live in my in laws house in Kentucky atm and the upstairs(where I sleep) has no heat. But I went put and bought this thing and it help loads. I am from Florida so I freeze up here but this heats the entire room(very large, the entire upstairs is this one room, so it's essentially the size of the entire rest of the house) and my favorite part, it doesn't get hot. So I don't have to worry about my kids burning themselves. A+ IMO.

Even get a handy dandy remote.

Adequate

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

I really like this space heater. We got ours from a friend who was moving to another state and did not want to pack up everything and take it with her, so she gave it to us. We have saved a lot of money this winter and kept our energy costs low by using this space heater in the room that we are in rather than heating the whole house with our central heating element. This space heater is ideal for small to medium sized rooms. I do not think that it would work well in a garage, because it is a rather small heater and would not provide enough heat for a larger area. However, it works great for us when we put it by our sectional in the living room or in the bedroom. I really enjoy the different options as well.

• Safety:

Nice space heater for the price

from Lafayette, IN

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

This space heater is a nice heater for the price. It puts out a nice warm heat and also oscillates so it moves the heat around nicely. We use this heater mainly on cool days before we need to have the heat on. This keeps the rooms we are in warm enough to help us avoid turning our heat on for a few more weeks. We also use it to help keep a three season room warm during the coldest days in the winter. It does a nice job of keeping that room usable during the winter. We had considered adding baseboard heat to this room, but this heater helped us avoid that expense. It's also a nice height, unlike some of the lower units we have tried in the past.

• Safety:

Several years of use and still works perfectly.

from Manhattan, IL

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

My hubbie is always cold and runs this all the time. It hasn't had any problems and is still going strong after approx. 5 years. Can't ask for more. I like the way you can set the temp and that it rotates.

• Safety:

Great for small work area

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

I use this in my office as the temperature can vary wildly given the unpredictable southeast weather. Since our office keeps the thermostat the same during the winter months regardless of the weather outside, it can get cold in the spring/fall when the heat is not on yet. I find this unit provides me with a good enough amount of warmth to feel comfortable during those times. The temperature is easy to change and I feel my surroundings adjust very quickly when I adjust the unit. For the price, I think this unit is a very good value.

• Safety:

Love the Lasko ceramic heater! but be careful of the base

from Attleboro, MA

Comments about Lasko Portable Digital Space-Saving Ceramic Pedestal Heater:

I love my Lasko ceramic electric space heater! But you need to be very careful of the base, as it can break very easily. I've owned two of these, and though I take great care of them, both have broken off their bases. The stalk snaps off the base that it stands on at the slightest push. I love the ceramic heaters, though, they heat quickly and, based on my experience, are very safe to use. The timer feature is great, you can set it to heat for any amount of time, one hour at a time.Or you can set it as a temperature, and when the temperature in the room goes over the temperature you set, it will turn off. I also love the remote, it is great to use in bed, you can turn it on, off and adjust the temperature or timer from bed, etc. I've used this heater for many years and it has been great. When you first turn on the heater after not using it for a while, it will smell a bit, but that goes away quickly and the unit works great.

Safety
Careful, the front DOES get hot!!