Other Space Heaters:

Lasko Portable Ceramic Tower Heater

Pros

Cons

oh the warmth!

Living in the Bay Area sure has its ups and downs. I love the cool weather in the summertime, laughing at all my socal friends as they complain about 90+ degree weather. However, it gets pretty cold around here. It is not fun to go to sleep with the temperature in your room at 50, or wake up to a 50 degree room. And since my landlord is the one controlling the heater, I decided to get my own since he gets stingy sometimes and lets us tenants freeze at night. I opted to buy this one, and never regretted it. It heats up very quickly and there's lots of settings so that it doesn't have to be left on all night, sucking up all the electricity. It also doesn't get extremely hot, unlike other heaters.

breaks easy

the price was ok  i guess but for the life expectancy i never thought that my FIRST space heater wouldnt even last me the length of the winter. It sucks electricity like I expected but it did so to an extreme. I didnt save anything with this product. its supposed to save money and heat you but it didnt, The cord was not long enough and everytime i used it, it blew a fuse in the entire house. I lived unstairs and i had to run down to the basement and reset everything ,multiple times a day. I assembled it myself following every direction it asked of me and still i  had no success. For the price, it sucked because it was supposed to do its job and it didnt i cannot believe that i actually got suckered into this product. its awful. I wanted to return it but I lost the receipt when I had to throw it into a fire as the only way to heat myself and my room. I had to make a homemade fire to keep me warm when my space heater should have doen that for me. Now the fire department is on my back....

Small, Quiet, Efficient Space Heater

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Tower Heater:

After deciding not to use our baseboard heaters this winter, we tried this heater and overall I'm happy with it. It's quiet, and get warm pretty quickly. If you're looking for a big blast of hot air, you might want to try a higher end model. But this one is good for small rooms.

This heater seems built well enough. Although, we did accidentally break the knob that turns it on. We were able to fix it easily enough, but I suppose it could have been worse. Either way I don't blame the product's durability when we were the ones who accidentally turned the knob the wrong way.

I like the look of this heater. It's small, light, and isn't an eyesore. Even though we have it in the middle of our living room, it doesn't look awful.

Safety
I've read other reviews in which people say that they have noticed the cord of the heater getting really hot. I personally have not noticed this to be a problem. If you were really concerned about it, I guess I would suggest not plugging it in to a power strip, or something like that.

• Safety:

This heater is a fire hazard!

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Tower Heater:

I bought this heater when we had a window that needed to be fixed in our bedroom. The window was letting out cold air underneath, so we needed something to keep the room warm. This heater was doing a great job for the first few weeks. Then, around the third weeks of owning the heater, it started to have a weird smell. You know the smell that new heaters or blow dryers have when you first plug them in? It was that smell. It was sort or weird that it was smelling like a new heater after we had already been using it for a couple of weeks, but since it was a familiar smell, I thought it was normal. One day, I started to smell smoke. I ran into the bedroom, and parts of the heater were melting! There wasn't a fire yet, but it wouldn't have been long before a fire started. Pieces of the heater were melting around the mesh metal frame in the front. I'm just glad it happened in the day time instead of at night when me and my husband were asleep.

• Safety:

Product is excellent for a room in the corner of a cold house.

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Tower Heater:

I have a large house which is not insulated and the rooms of upstairs are very cold. This product does a fine job keeping those rooms warm. My sons room was so cold and once we put this unit in his room it warmed up instantly.

Out does other products I have used.

You turn it on the setting you want and don't need to touch it again.

Its quite strong. My cat jumped on it and tipped it over. No problem.

Its small and compact and the size is small enough to go in a corner.

Safety
I love it my grandson and animals get near it and it has a cool touch feature. Very safe it it tips over.

• Safety:

Keeps a room nice and warm.

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Tower Heater:

It produces a lot of warmth and when you have it on along with the furnace, it helps keep some money off the gas bill! We use it in the living room and it works like a charm. The heat makes bedrooms roast at night. It doesn't need to be set on it's highest setting to remove that chill.

There are times when it could kick on because it is a tiny bit chilly in the house, but when it does kick on it warms like it was never even cold at all.

It can be set to kick on and off at certain temperatures, and we use it to our advantage to go along with the furnace. It may be a space saver, but it is also a money saver as well!

It's been dropped, knocked over and all sorts of abused and still works as good as it should.

Love that it is small and doesn't take up room. It's also easy to figure out the controls.

Safety
It does get hot where the heat blows out, but so long as it is kept on a surface where little ones can't get to it, it should be fine.

Practical bedroom heater!

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Tower Heater:

This thing heats up any bedroom easily. It has a decent price and I like that it oscillates to spread the warmth!

It will automatically shut off at a certain heat temperature. You can turn the knob to a desired setting and it works fine. This is perfect for night time, although I recommend unplugging it before falling asleep.

It's easy to unplug, pick up, and move to any room in the house.

I'm sure if my 2 year-old and 4 year-old kicked it over, it wouldn't do too much to harm it. The hard plastic seems durable.

The fact that it kicks out heat matters more to me than the overall design. However, the design is like something you might see in the old Battlestar Galactica movies.

Safety
If my kids get their faces too close to it, the heat blast could be a bit strong. Not too kid friendly when it oscillates, so it does require adult supervision if you're leaving it on for any length of time. I recommend placing it high or in an unreachable place for children. We have a 2 year-old and a 4 year-old, so they could definitely hurt themselves if they're not being watched.

• Safety:

Small heater to warm big room

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Tower Heater:

We have this space heater in our living room and it will heat the whole room up. And in the few cases that it's been tipped over, will shut off right away. The low setting doesn't do much so we have it on high the whole time. I do wish the cord was a little bit longer to position it in a better spot.

• Safety:

I like it, but wouldn't recommend it...

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Tower Heater:

My heat went out overnight a few weeks ago and I had to go to a local store and purchase a new one. I purchased this particular one in hopes that it would be a great product and I found that it is not. It seems to be more of a hazard then anything. The black grill on the front gets dangerously hot and if you have a child or animals please, please do not get this item. I was moving things around and accidentally bumped into this and it gets EXTREMELY hot. I put this in a pretty small room and let it run for a few hours and I was disappointed that it did not heat up the room hardly any at all. I ended up returning this item after a week. I wished it would have worked out, but it just didn't work for me.

• Safety:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from East Brunswick, NJ

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Tower Heater:

The Lasko Portable Ceramic Tower Heater 5367 is great. It is really safe to use and you don't have to worry about a fire. It is economical and will save you on heating cost if you use it instead of central heat. Also, it doesn't cost too much and lasts a long time.

The Lasko Portable Ceramic Tower Heater 5367 is automatic, which is very useful as it shus off when enough hot. Also, it does not take up a lot of space so you can keep it virtually anywhere.

I especially love the fact that the Lasko Portable Ceramic Tower Heater 5367 takes just seconds to heat up a room versus the longer time taken by central heat. When you are freezing it's truly a life saver! I really recommend this product.

Great Heater for the Price

from Belding, MI

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Tower Heater:

Bought this heater for a little added heat behind the counter at our store. We absolutly love it. It provides just the right amount of heat. It is movable and compact, which makes it great to be able to stick in such a small space. Love the features of adjusting the heat or setting a timer. One of the nice things about the heater also, is that it does not seem to use that much electricity. We use it just about every day, all day, and have not noticed a major difference in the electricity bill. We also have been using for over three months, and it seems to work just as well as when it first came out of the package. 100% recommend for anyone looking for a compact heater for a great price.

extremely easy to use!

This has been knocked over many many times, and still is working great!

• Safety:

A bit smaller than the others, but just as powerful!

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Tower Heater:

The Lasko Portable Ceramic Tower Heater is a lot like the other heaters that Lasko sells, and it also offers the same good quality that they provide. I use mine for smaller rooms while the larger units can heat larger rooms, and I'm pleased overall with them.

As the others, it heats up very quickly and puts out a fair amount of heat as well.

You can't go wrong using one of these because they are so easy to use. Just use the buttons on the top slant of the heater.

They are all made of plastic, but this appears to be made of a good grade of plastic.

It looks nice in my bedroom, and no one else complains about how it looks either!

Safety
They seem to be safe, and that's fine by me.