Other Space Heaters:

Lasko Portable Ceramic Compact Heater

Pros

Cons

Keep Toasty Warm with the Lasko 754200 Heater

I am always cold, and I originally bought one of these for my desk at work. I liked it so much that I bought one forhome, so that my kids could be warm in the bathroom while taking a bath.

This is a ceramic heater that measures about 10" high. It has a plastic exterior with a metal mesh front. There are several controls - you can choose the temperature of the heat, and then also the speed of the fan. You can also choose just fan (no heat). There is a red light on the front that turns on when the unit is on.

I have really enjoyed this heater at work and home. At work it kept me toasty, and at home it keeps the bathroom warm during baths. I usually have the heat up all the way as well as the fan, and the heat is pretty much instant, it doesn't require time to heat up. The exterior stays cool, although the front does get fairly hot to the touch. However, on high, the heat is pretty intense, so I wouldn't expect to be able to touch the surface immediately after turning off the unit.

Even with the fan cranked up all the way, this unit only puts out a low hum, nothing bothersome.

I haven't had any problems with this unit. Where I have had other ones (brands) burn out at some point, I have had this for quite some time without any issues. It works just as well as the day I purchased it. It has made some chilly evenings much more bearable!

Is This A Disposable Heater?

My daughter is always cold and I am not. She has been wearing her winter coat around the house in protest. I ordered this fan because the price was great and she could use it in her bedroom, the basement when she watches TV there, etc. We do have dogs and I don't care what brand you buy, you don't want the dog messing with it. She was thrilled at first, but the heater seems to have three temps: too hot, not hot enough and any temperature it feels like participating at. The blower really does not move the air around very much and I would call the noise it makes far greater than a "white" noise. I have become concerned that it could become a hazard so I won't let her leave it on at night when she goes to sleep. Thus one of the main objectives can't be met. I can return it and will. For anyone who bought this and thinks the return window has expired, call the national customer service center and explain the problem. Even a very well known online shopping site has refunded my money well past 30 days when the problems have been brought to their attention.

Great Portable Heater

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Compact Heater:

I bought this little heater when I started doing newborn photography shoots. I needed to ensure the room would be warm enough for the baby no matter where I had to go. I quickly realized it was a very great purchase since many on location photo shoots were in people's houses that did not have a close quarter heating option for the baby. The price was very affordable. It produces an adequate amount of heat for both small and large rooms. I like that I can control the amount of heat it is putting out so the baby I am working with does not get uncomfortable by being too hot or too cold. This heater is light weight and easy to transport on a regular basis. I also like that the plug is a two prong plug which matters because I have arrived at clients house's and found that I only had access to an extension cord or power strip with two prong holes,no ground hole. This ensures I will be able to use it wherever I go without worry. It can get hot to the touch after a little use but this is not as big a deal for me since the babies cannot get up and touch it and the parents have their own common sense not to touch the front part that is hot.

Lasko Portable Compact Heater

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Compact Heater:

The Lasko Portable Ceramic Compact Heater is a great buy. It is perfect for small areas. I like to use it in my bathroom, and the heater works very well in there by keeping it warm before,during, and after baths and showers. It will eventually heat up a larger rooms if you leave it on long enough. It is energy efficient, and it is very quiet. I highly recommend this product.

size doesnt matter

from Orem, UT

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Compact Heater:

I have a constant problem. I live with people who are always hot and I am always cold. So the thermostat is always set too low for me. I bought this heater to have in my room and bought another one to put in my bathroom. I turn on the one in my bedroom while I am getting ready for bed. By the time I ready to go to sleep the room is nice and toasty. I can then turn it down to the lower setting and leave it on all night since it has a auto feature that wont allow for it to over heat.
I use the one in the bathroom while I am shower to make sure I dont freeze coming out. It works like a charm. I have used other heaters before and they dont last very long. I also used to get sore throats when I used other space heaters all night long but this one hasnt caused that problem for me.

Safety
This heater has a built in over heating mechanism. It also has a thermostat knob that allows you to warm up a room then turn the heater down to save on energy too.

• Safety:

Just what I needed for my office

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Compact Heater:

My office has "pod heating" where one thermostat covers four workstations. Needless to say, we don't all agree about the ideal temperature, so I wanted a small, portable heater with an automatic shutoff for safety. This fit the bill very nicely, plus it's quiet and affordable.

It heats up quickly and keeps my office pretty toasty on high (which is great for winter) or takes the chill off on low (which is good for spring and fall). It's too small for the fan to really cool my office in summer, but I wasn't expecting it to do that anyway.

It's really easy to use; it has two heat settings (low and high), plus a fan setting, and it turns itself off if you forget.

I was a little worried because the body is plastic, but I've had it for two years and haven't had any problems.

It's functional, rather than decorative. The outside stays cool, even when it's running on high.

Safety
It turns itself off if you leave it on, which is great, but the metal mesh on the front can get quite warm to the touch.

Perfect little space heater

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Compact Heater:

My furnace broke recently and I only felt it appropriate to review the item that saved the day! It is bitterly cold in Illinois in December and my furnace went out. The repair man could not come out for two days. I decided to get out my space heaters - one of which was this Lasko heater. The competitors heater might as well have not worked at all. I could barely feel a heat change. Now my Lasko, for its size, pumped out a great deal of heat. I cuddled up next to it and stayed warm! It is very easy to store and the cost is fantastic for a heater of this caliber. It's has multiple heat settings and doesn't use a lot of electricity. I love it! Plan to bring it to my cold office this week.

Easy to transport.

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Compact Heater:

I really enjoy using and having this portable ceramic compact heater in my home because it it so easy to move. It is so light, i have no problem putting it in any room of the house or carrying it up stairs or down stairs. This portable heater has great performance. It is so small and heats up so quickly and so hot. This portable is so easy to use. There are a number of settings you can choose. It has an easy to read manual and works great. This heater is very durable and has been used in my house for several years. I really like the design of this portable heater because it is small and easy to move and use. It is very safe , as it does not get too hot. The ceramic remains cool so nothing can catch on fire. It is also safe because it does not blow out anything but hot air. The wire and chords are wrapped up properly and there is nothing on it that could catch fire. I also like this heater because it is not very loud.

• Safety:

Good heater for the cold season

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Compact Heater:

The Lasko portable ceramic compact heater is a very affordable option for small spaces. I own two, one is located under my desk in my classroom to keep my toes toasty during the winter months. The other one I keep in my bedroom so that I do not have to use my house heater and spend more in electricity.

The unit does produce some noise when it is turned to high, but when it is in low mode it works pefectly. The ceramic is the perfect heat conductor because it does not leave behind a burning scent in the air either. Use it with caution and always remember to unplug it when not in use.

These are units meant to heat small places. Do not attempt to heat up a living room, or a garage, on this. If you overwork the unit, it will crash down because of its size and motor. This is why I keep mine at close proximity BUT--not THAT close either. Read the directions well and be safe. But yes..READ the directions for usage!

Good unit. Has lasted for a long time!

Too easy

Have had mine over two years now. No issues. But remember that they are small machines so do not overwork them.

I love the fact that it does not weigh anything. I can take it anywhere.

Safety
Hey, the manufacturer spelled out the safety rules quite well on the directions for usage. Read them. Stay safe.

• Safety:

A little work horse that does the job

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Compact Heater:

Compact unit that can be easily moved

Amazing how durable it is

I have little patience when buying something new and trying to figure out how to operate it and figured it out without having to read a booklet of tiny print.

I used throughout winter taking it with me whenever I moved

It is a small unit with simple design

Safety
I had it on end table most of the time while I slept on couch and cat walked all around it with no mishaps.

Compact and Effective

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Compact Heater:

I purchased this for our church's nursing room a few months ago. It has worked really well and has kept the room quite toasty. It doesn't take long to heat the room up, though, I have to admit my experience is only with a small room. The thermostat seems to work well for us. I like that it is small and inconspicuous while still accomplishing the job it was designed for. I think it's a really good value for the money, and I count on it working for a long while.

I didn't give it a "very good" only because I haven't tried it in a larger room. From my experience, though, I think it would work well for any sized room it is designed for.

I think the temperature control works well and it doesn't overheat.

I've only had it a few months, but it has worked like a charm and seems to be quite durable.

I like how small it is while still being effective.

Safety
It has an automatic shut off to not overheat, and it also has a fan only option to help cool it down.

• Safety:

The fat man keeps me warm...

Comments about Lasko Portable Ceramic Compact Heater:

I call mine the "Fat Man," because it can really keep a room comfortable and I use it all of the time to keep costs down in my home. It does not take up much space and looks nice to boot.

It has a number of settings on it and the highest setting is great for bringing a room up to temperature with ease.

Like the others, this is a very easy heater to use and does not give me any resistance when I need to make use of it.

Mine fell down the stairs and still works. I think that means that its durable.

The design of this is much like a little fat man because it is a bulbous thing that kind of settles in a corner and languishes.

Safety
It seems to be safe just like all of the others. It has never given me any issues either way.