3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

The Lasko Silent Room Heater Model 5620 is amazing.

I received this Lasko Model 5620 Silent Room Heater as a replacement for a recalled oil filled heater.  I had no idea this could heat a room as efficiently and quickly as the oil filled heater.  Wow!  Was I in for a surprise.  Not only is it thermostatically adjustable but it is also programmable in one hour increments from 1 to 8 hours or can be set to run continuosly.  It has performed so perfectly that we no longer use our central heating but use a second Model 5620 in our bedroom.  I plan to order three more and completely eliminate our central heating system which sucks up electricity at an unacceptable rate.

Do not reccomend.

I dont reccomend the heater. Mine is broken. The orange caution light is on, and the heater will not work at all. ive tried to let it sit overnight, to no avail. other people on other sites have the same problem, and there is no solution as of yet. i suggest another peoduct, prefferably something Lasko doesnt make.

Junk - broke after 6 uses

Comments about Lasko Digital Low Profile Silent Baseboard Heater:

For the price I paid, I didn't expect a top-end heater, but seriously? Broke after 6 days? Don't waste your money.

Broke - what's more to say?

The controls are really foreign, but aren't exactly intuitive. When you press the power button, it's in "full on" mode. It's only temperature controlled after you press the up/down buttons to set the temperature.

Uh.... broke after 6 uses. Not durable at all.

It looks good... that's how they sucker you in to this piece of junk.

Safety
Not sure on this one, but given the build quality, I'd be wary of leaving this on without being fully awake and aware.

• Safety:

Big time heat in a small compact unit!

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Lasko Digital Low Profile Silent Baseboard Heater:

When our central heat and air unit broke down, all we had to heat up the house was a gas wall heater in one of our kids' bedrooms. So we bought this heater and another one to make it through the winter last year. We just got our heater fixed, finally, but this little heater did a great job and would heat up a small to medium sized room. I would say it heats between 200 to 500 square feet very comfortably.

Great performance. This heater always heats up quickly, to bring nice heat when you need it. Which is usually immediately if it's your only heat source. Also, as the name says, it's silent, you could barely hear it turn on. But is still brought a great amount of heat out of it for such a small heater!

Very easy to use. You just adjust it to the degree you want in the room. I like this feature the best. Some heaters have high and low, if your lucky medium. This heater adjusts to all different temperatures.

It still working great. I don't use it very often any more as we had our heater fixed. But I like using it if I'm the only one home to just heat the one room I'm in. It saves on the gas bill.

I like the long design this space heater has. It fits right up along a wall, making it great to heat smaller rooms, or in combinations with another space heater for a larger room.

Safety
Very safe, it turns off if it gets knocked over. Really reliable safety feature.

Great!

Comments about Lasko Digital Low Profile Silent Baseboard Heater:

When it gets cold all I have to do is turn this on! It keeps me very warm and cozy on cold winter nights! It is a lovely thing to have if you are sick, a nice cup of cocoa a fire place a book and this bad boy and your set to go! It isnt too expensive for what it does either! Definatley worth the buy, ive had mine for a few weeks and I already love it! Sometimes it just costs too much money to heat your entire house for the winter. I usually just stay in one room most of the day on the computer so its a nice way to save money if you can relate. I would recomend this if your going to plan on buying one. I have found nothing wrong with mine so far. Nice quality I gotta give it a thumbs up.

It keeps me warm and cozy.

All you have to do is turn it on.

It has not broken so far.

It looks cool and doesnt stand out too well. Blends right in with the room I have it in.

Safety
It wont burn your carpet or your house down for that matter if it is kept on for too long.

• Safety:

Certainly worth the price.

Comments about Lasko Digital Low Profile Silent Baseboard Heater:

After my last heater broke, I needed a new heater, and quick. My room is in the garage and it has no heat. When I turned the heater on, it started working right away. I love how you can set the temperature you want it to be, the heater is completely silent, and it's safe. It totally heats up the whole garage and makes it comfortable for me.

• Safety:

This Lasko baseboard heater works well in SMALL spaces.

Comments about Lasko Digital Low Profile Silent Baseboard Heater:

This unit is attractive and functional however only works well in bedrooms or smaller areas, not for large rooms.

It works well in small areas - however the thermostat is not at all accurate.

Plug it in and turn it on, piece of cake.

Somewhat cheaply made, had to return the first one after a month because it quit working - however replacement has been going for two winters now in my bedroom.

It is functional and attractive, easy to use.

Safety
Anti tipping switch - it shuts off immediately if knocked over.

Pretty effective

Comments about Lasko Digital Low Profile Silent Baseboard Heater:

My aunt got this heater for us last winter, but we did not really get a chance to use it because the heating in the apartment worked really well last winter. However, this winter something was up with the heating so we used this heater on several days. And I must say that I really like it. I generally don't like heaters because they give me headaches, but this one is great. It doesn't give me headaches for one. Also, it takes little space, just put it in the corner somewhere so people do not trip over it, and leave it on for a bit. Once the room heats up, I suggest turning it off because it can get really hot sometimes (at least for me). Also, I have noticed that sometimes it leaves a burning smell that I haven't experienced from other heaters. Maybe it's just my heater and I've got something stuck in it or something. Otherwise, the heater is pretty good.

Good Product

from Cookeville, TN

Comments about Lasko Digital Low Profile Silent Baseboard Heater:

We actually have TWO of these heaters and they do a very good job. They warm a significant area nicely, it doesn't get terribly hot to the point you fear someone will burn themselves, and it is not terribly conspicuous. I would definitely recommend this product.

• Safety:

This heater is the best space heater I have ever bought.

Comments about Lasko Digital Low Profile Silent Baseboard Heater:

I bought this space heater last year to heat my upstairs. It was to heat 3 rooms that would otherwise only be about 40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. This heater is pretty cool since you can set it at a certain temperature and it will maintain that temperature until you change it. It also has a timer so you can just set it at night and it will turn off automatically when the timer runs out. This space heater works out pretty well for what I need it for. Also we placed it in a part of our house that has no insulation and not heat and it kept it at a comfortable 66. We did have it set for 75 but it never got that warm but it also was a super windy day where you could feel the slightest breeze in the room so overall I was happy with it. We have kept this heater on everyday for the last 2 months and last year it was used all through the winter. It has outlasted the sunbeam space heaters we also bought last year. It is a great little heater.

Has worked great since we bought it a year ago.

The buttons are semi-confusing. I still don't understand how everything on it.

I have small kids that have sat on it when it was off and it has been kicked around in the hall and we have had no problems.

Love this design! It doesn't have a fan but it seems to heat the rooms with no problems.

Safety
standard shut off when it is moved that all space heaters have now.

Very Satisfied

from Rochelle, VA

Comments about Lasko Digital Low Profile Silent Baseboard Heater:

I can't understand the poor ratings for this product. For the 3rd winter season, we are very happy with its performance. The users must realize these points:
1) READ the features and instructions on the box before you buy and you will see
2) This unit is sized for a specific sized area.
3) You can't heat your whole house with it.
4) This unit is thermostatically controlled.
5) This means when properly used it is not supposed to run constantly for extended periods of time or indefinitely. That's like running your hot water heater at its highest temperature while not putting the stopper in your bath tub for days and weeks and months on end.
6) Use it with some common sense and it will fulfill its intended purpose: a small area space heater.

So quiet its easy to forget its working!

from Saint Joseph, MO

Comments about Lasko Digital Low Profile Silent Baseboard Heater:

Well built and sturdy, with wide base for stability. Easy to use, plug in and set the thermostat. Heats the room so well and quietly, we forget it is in the room. No ticking or fans. Great heater for the price. Has high and low settings and a timer. 120 V