View more breast pumps

Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Well built, durable double electric breast pump and good value

I got the advice from all my new-mom friends when I was pregnant that if I intended to breast feed at all, a breast pump - no - make that a DOUBLE ELECTRIC breast pump - was a necessity.  (Boy, they were right!)

So I did some research where I reviewed user ratings of products and compared their features and overall value to determine what brand/model to buy.

I decided on the Lasinoh Double Electric Breast Pump.  I was able to get it at a fantastic price, use an online coupon code and get free shipping too, which made it a great deal.

I read the instructions and found them to be very straightforward and easy to follow.  All the parts were there and when I used it, I found it to be quite effective at pumping for the most part (I did have to play around with the two knobs a little to get the right suction, etc. at first).

Some cons I had about this product were that it *is* quite noisy and also you do have to hold the cups in place (they do not strap on).  Also, at certain times, one of the pumps would work well while the other would not.  Not sure just why. Sometimes the suction seemed to "hurt" too, but I figure that is probably normal with any pump (especially when you're a first-time parent - you probably aren't used to that feeling yet). I also wish it came with one set of replacement parts because some of the parts are so delicate that if they break, you would have to order replacement parts from the manufacturer.

Overall though, for the price I paid and how I used it, it was worth it and I will store it and save it for use with my next child.

Ok for part-time use, but not to establish a milk supply.

I purchased the Lansinoh Double Breast Pump prior to having my little boy.  Unexpectedly he was in the neonatal ICU for 1 week after being born.  I was given a kit for the medela double electric breast pump and access to one of those pumps.  I was able to pump much more with the medela than the lansinoh.  After going home and pumping in between feedings, I simply could not keep up with the baby.

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.  The Lansinoh would be great for someone who has exclusively breastfed for the 1st few months, then needs to pump occassionally after that.

After a couple weeks of use, one of the 'horns' (I think that's what they're called) started loosing some suction and you could feel the air come out through it's connection.  I ended up using the one that worked but then alternating...sort of defeating the point of a double pump.

It is very easy to clean and use.  And other breast milk storage bottles do attach to it.  It is rather loud, so don't plan on pumping in the same room as sleeping baby.

EASY TO USE! GREAT FOR MOMMIES ON THE GO!

Comments about Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump:

I like this breast pump a lot. I added it on to my baby registry because i was getting a lot of samples from lansinoh in the mail and thought i would go with that. im a first time mom so i wasn't sure of what was good or not, but once i tried the lansinoh breast pump it was great. its comfy and easy to use and it doesn't hurt and pumps out a great amount which was my main concern. It is also very easy to clean. Love It!

• Versatility:

Great Price for Great Pump.

Comments about Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump:

I purchased this pump after looking at more expensive pumps. It's about a third the price of the more expensive pumps and seems to do just as good of a job. It is perfect for occasional pumping. (I pump 1-4 times a day) It expresses a great deal in a short amount of time. The two pumping cycles truly mimic the babies sucking patterns. It is easy and comfortable to use. This pump is also very easy to clean. I would recommend this pump to any new mother. I would also recommend purchasing the breast heating/ice packs by Lansinoh as well, it helps with the let down.

• Versatility:

I Would Recommend the Lansinoh Double Breast Pump to Anyone!

Comments about Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump:

This is the perfect breast pump in my mind. I initially bought it based on nothing but an inexpensive price, but it has proved its weight in gold! I have had it well over a year and used it at least twice a day for about six months. I was worried that the suction power would decrease over time since it was so inexpensive, but even after all the use I have given it, the suction power is still the same as it was when I purchased it. I used it during the newborn phase of pumping when you have to release pressure all the way through weaning my baby and pumping off the excess. It has been perfect for every scenario.

I find this pump very easy to use. The settings are very straight-forward and easy to understand. My favorite feature is how you can use both attachments at the same time to make things go faster, or remove one and then only use one at a time. I also really like how easy it is to clean. You can detach all the attachments and even put most of them in the dishwasher. One other thing I really like about this pump is that the bottles that come with it attach to normal-sized lids and nipples of other bottles. So sometimes you can just remove the bottle from the attachment, put a lid on it, and then directly feed the baby without having to switch containers.

Basic, but loved it

Comments about Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump:

As a stay at home mom, I didn't want to pay the big bucks for a breast pump. I found this one for a great price on diapers.com. It's a pretty basic double electric pump, that comes with extra parts. One of the thin, rubber like pieces tore and I thought I would have to order a replacement. When I looked in the box, I found several of those along with a couple of other replacement parts. That makes the life of a busy mom that much easier! I used the pump for about a year and nursed my child for over two years. I never pumped enough to make pumping really worth it in the long run and since I was home, there wasn't as big a need for it. For my situation, this pump was perfect. A working mom may feel differently. I would still recommend this product though with the warning that it may not be the best pump for everyone. For me personally, I give it two thumbs up and great overall scores. Oh, it's purple too which makes it just a little more fun.

• Versatility:

This pump is awesome--helped me keep milk for twins.

from West Jordan, UT

Comments about Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump:

I actually borrowed this pump from a friend. I borrowed it 2 different times, once when I had twins, and once with a singleton. Both times I was really happy with it. The first time, I was struggling to have enough milk for twins. I borrowed this pump for about 5 months and it helped me so that I could provide my milk for the first 6 months of their life. It is a very easy to use pump, but with that, can still have a wide range of speeds and pumping pressures. This is also a very durable pump as I have used it along with my friend, I was so impressed, that I went out and bought the most similar one to it I could find for this second time around. I would very highly recommend this pump.

Ouch!

Comments about Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump:

This breast pump worked really well for me. Toke about 15 minutes to get all my milk out and i let down pretty fast. But that's just me everyones different at first it was really hard for me to let down unless I had my baby's picture with me and thought about him then finally milk would come out. The only bad thing was I had to put it on the highest level to get the milk out and after a couple uses my breasts really hurt and where tender so make sure you buy some nipple cream and don't leave your breast in there too long. The machine was also pretty loud but I went in another room to pump so it didn't really bother me.

Comfort
Comfortable to use but I would get one of the breast milk pump bras to hold them in place, after a while of pumping your breasts do it sore.

Very easy to clean twist off cap and can go right in the dishwasher or for right in the bottle sanitizer machine

I mean I wouldn't drop this device but it seems pretty sturdy made out of plsatic

Versatility
Normal

The instructions where kind of confusing at first but after a while you get use to and see what works for you.

• Versatility:

Portable, powerful, and easy to clean.

from Durham, NC

Comments about Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump:

Although I am currently on an extended maternity leave and can breastfeed most of the time, I do find myself needing to pump at least once each day. From the day my daughter was born, the Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump has done the job quickly, and with minimal cleanup. I also love the fact that I can run it on six AA batteries for travel and for use in the car.

For the price you pay, this is an ideal machine for someone who pumps supplementally. I'm not sure that it is strong enough for exclusive pumping, but for easing first-thing-in-the-morning heaviness and the occasional bottle. It is also great for short-duration travel, fitting easily into a medium-sized bag. Liquid never backs up into the suction tubes; its design is pretty ingenious, and allows you to quickly clean the bottles and breast attachments. You never really have to deal with the tubing. It's best to just leave those attached.

The only drawback I've found with this pump is that it is somewhat noisy. I just put a towel or small blanket over it, which adequately muffles the sound. For the price, I don't think there is a better pump out there.

Lansinoh double electric breast pump works great

from Brookline, NH

Comments about Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump:

I like this breast pump a lot. I have used other electric pumps in the past and this is one of my favorites. It wasn't quite as comfortable as the Medela pumps I have used; however, it is approximately half and price and works just as well. The AA battery option and its small size makes it extremely portable. It's also a cinch to clean since milk never backs up in the tubes and all the parts are diswasher safe. It has also held up very well to being sanitized the old-fashioned way by being boiled in a pot of water. It's very easy to get replacement parts from the manufacturer.

In terms of features, I really, really like that milk NEVER backs up in the plastic tubes. I also like the dual speed and suction controls that allow for almost infinite adjustment. As my son has gotten older it has been very easy to adjust this pump to mimic his sucking. It can be used as a single or dual pump, but the speed and suction must be adjusted when switching between them.

All in all, a good value for the money.

The Lansinoh Double Electric breast pump was my BFF when nursing

from Reading, PA

Comments about Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump:

I got my first Double Electric Breastpump when my youngest son was about 6 months old. I couldn't afford it any sooner and my son was not interested in Solids yet. He loved his boobie milk and I wasn't going to deprive him of that to give him "table" foods. So I took a leap of faith and bought the Lansinoh Double Electric Breast pump and I have to say it was the best baby purchase I have ever made. It not only worked quickly and quietly but it was efficient in doing it's job. I could pump out 10-12 oz of milk during one session from both breast. It didn't hurt and you can adjust the settings so the suction will mimick a baby. I Have to say I loved this thing and carried it everywhere I needed to go that I could pump. I breastfeed my son until he was 15 months old and I wouldn't have been able to do it without the Lansinoh Double Electric Breast pump. Now every time I see someone asking about it I recommend it because it is such an awesome product from an awesomer company.

Good Quality, Better Price

from League City, TX

Comments about Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump:

The Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump can easily stand up against the popular Medela competition and it is much more affordable. This pump is very easy to use and the double pump saves you lots of time. If you plan on pumping regularly, do not fall for a manual or single electric breat pump because of the cost. It will cost you much more time than you think. Pumping is time consuming and with a baby, you won't have time to spare. This Lansinoh double pump gives you the power and double capacity that you need at an affordable price. It is adjustable in both suction power and speed, so that you can adjust it to your comfort level. I recommend purchasing additional Lansinoh Breat Milk Storage Bottles, so that you can pump directly into the Lansinoh bottles that fit with the pump and put them in the fridge for storage, while still having clean bottles available to pump again the next time. The Lansinoh Nursing Pads and Nursing Cream are also great!