Other Misc. Feeding & Nursings:
Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags

Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags

Pros

Cons

great product to store liquid gold

I absolutely love this product. I have tried several different breastmilk storage bags, but Lansinoh Storage bags are by far the best storage bags on the market and the price is awesome! These bags are easy to use, store your milk great, and easy to read.

I love that they have a section to write the amount and date. I also love that you can store your milk in these bags in different positions. I prefer laying mine down flat and that way it makes it easier to store more in a smaller space.

I can say enough about these storage bags. The definite plus side is the cost for this product! Also I can find them at mostly any baby or grocery store! Super easy to use! They are also very duarble and its very hard to tear them, even when they are frozen and your banging them around in the freezer. They also hold a large amount of milk in the bags, making it easier to store more and save more! All in all they are just a great product!

Wasteful and leaking

I purchased the lansinoh milk storage bags because I had the lansinoh breast pump and my friend swore by the company's breast pads. When my milk came in, I was having to pump because I was producing more than my baby could eat. I soon filled up over 100+ bags and had them stored in our freezer. I had to take a steroid pack and was not able to nurse my baby for 7 days. I thought it would be not problem because I had so much milk stored. I sat one frozen bag in the refrigerator to defrost and one in a glass of water so it would thaw quicker. I noticed that the water in the glass started getting cloudy and when I looked closer, I could see it was leaking. I discarded it and started the process over. The same thing happened until the fourth try. The next morning, I opened my refrigerator to find breast milk all over the shelf; that one leaked too!!! The whole seven days involved discarding multiple bags because they were leaking and I was worried about the milk getting contaminated. My built up supply quickly depleted and I was very disapointed. These bags weren't cheap and I expected them to be high quality. When we called the company, they apologized and said they would send out a coupon for replacements which never came.

Great for breastmilk storage.

Comments about Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags:

I used these bags while breastfeeding my first child and use them now with my secon child. The bags are very easy to use, convenient, and don't take up a lot of space in the freezer. I like that there's space on the bags to write the date and the amount of milk.

The one thing I don't like is the thinness of the bags. I feel like it makes them a little more fragile and more likely to get damaged and leak. I think proper storage helps to prevent damage. I had one bag leak because it had torn a little bit from getting shuffled around in the freezer. After that I started putting the bags in a box after laying them flat to freeze. Since then I haven't had any problems with bags leaking.

I would recommend these bags to any breastfeeding mom who needs to freeze her milk. They are small enough to fit into a cooler bag if a woman is pumping at work, and then can be quickly transferred to the freezer. The milk can be thawed by putting them in the fridge or for immediate use, the bag of milk can be held under warm running water. A great product overall.

This is a very convenient product for nursing moms.

Comments about Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags:

These breast milk storage bags were absolutely a life saver for both of my babies. I nursed my first born for 9 months and my second for 18 months. I went through several boxes of these storage bags. Like all products this one had it's pros and cons. I loved it for its convenience however I did have a few issues with them. First, they stored milk very efficiently. The problem was that once the bags defrost they tend to leak a bit. I also found that the amount marked on the bag was almost never accurate to what actually came out. I was very obsessive about measuring every bag precisely so I can only assume that they all leak. Secondly, pouring from a bag to a bottle is somewhat messy. Other than these issues I loved the bags. I also tried the medella brand, but I was extremely dissatisfied with those. In comparison to other brands I think that the Lansinoh brand is probably the way to go.

Holding my gold!

from Lancaster, OH

Comments about Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags:

I have had two preemie children, on both I was able to build up a good stash of milk. However on my youngest, I made the choice not to donate milk, so I had quite a bit more built up. These bags are far thinner than what the other bags on the shelves are. But I have been able to store more milk in one of these bags then what I was able to in the Medlea bags. I love the labels they placed on the bags. A mother is able to mark the date, time, and ounces on the bag and there is no guessing just how much milk is in the bag, and when it was made. Makes for a great bag. Compared to the Medlea bags, these are also cheaper. Granted you do have to use a bottle to pump into, and then dump the milk, but I would rather wash a few bottles then have to worry about pumping too much milk into the bag. Also love the zip lock like top. where the two locks come together and you can visibly see that the lock is secure.

Safely Protect and Store Your Breastmilk

Comments about Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags:

I am one of those breastfeeding mothers who is an overachiever and lactates abundantly. My mother would joke that I could produce enough milk to feed a small country. That's why when I began looking for a breastmilk storage product, I was concerned about the safety of the plastic my milk will be stored in, the durability of the product when frozen, and the maximum amount of milk each storage bag holds. After using two alterative storage bag products, I came upon the Lansinoh storage bags. They were perfect for me and my life style needs. Each bag is able to safely hold up to 10oz of milk (although the bag is only marked up to the 6oz line), has a thick outer lining conducive to freezing, and a double safety seal to keep milk safe and secure, without leakage issues. I have used this product while breastfeeding both of m children and when my husband and I choose to have a third, best believe this is the product that I will stock up on.

Wonderful convenience

Comments about Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags:

When I was given a box of these at my baby shower, I honestly thought "Why would I want those?". Nine months later, I completely understand why.
This is my first child, and we've had some issues along the way. When things crazy it was wonderful to be able to pump and freeze any milk that we didn't use.
The bags come in a sterile zipper pouch. They have a tear off tab where they are sealed prior to use, and a printed info section where you can write the volume, date, time, and name. This section is good info for the mom, but great for milk that is going with baby to a sitter or daycare.
Definitely recommend these for nursing moms!

Great bags!

Comments about Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags:

These bags are great! They are reasonably priced and I have never had any issues with leaking or bags breaking me. Also, I had a pack that was a year old because I had two children back to back, and they were just as great as when I first got them. I highly recommend Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags!

My product loyalty lies with Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags

from Grafton, WI

Comments about Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags:

Between two nursing babies I have tried a bunch of different breast milk storage bags. My go to product, and product loyalty lies with Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags. They are relatively reasonably priced (there are products that cost more, and some that cost less). I really like that they have a double closure at the top. I have used some storage bags where there is only one closure and milk either “broke out” while being frozen, or if I got a tiny bit of milk by the closure it would burst open. This is not the case with the Lansinoh brand. I have never had any bags with milk “breaking out of” the closure, or any bags that were compromised in any way. I have always felt safer with the double closures. The bags do not feel super thick, but they are strong and I have never had a problem. Also the space to write the date and how many ounces of milk is adequate for my needs.

The best by far.

from Dacula, GA

Comments about Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags:

I've been pumping for almost five years now (three kids in a row), and these are the best bags I've used. The are thin and flexible, but strong. I used the ones that were the same brand as my pump because they had a fancy tape thing on the top to hook the bag to the flange (trumpet). Those weren't nearly big enough and they were hard and crunchy. These bags go up to six ounces and there's room to squeeze the air out. There is also enough room at the top to use a paper clip to hook the bag to the flange for double pumping!

Lansinoh Storage Bags- great for breastfeeding moms!

from Peachtree City, GA

Comments about Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags:

The Lansinoh Storage Bags are terrific! I love that they freeze flat (in comparison to bottles) so I can stack them and make the most out of my limited freezer room. They are easy to label and read later. I label them and store them in big freezer bags, and have been able to make a pretty good stockpile for when I return to work. The bags thaw quickly and in six months we have only had one leak. The double zipper is really strong, so I think our leak occurred due to user-error. They cost less than other brands out there. One box lasts a few months for me, so the price seems very reasonable. I think that they hold just the right amount (up to six ounces.) Any more and I think some milk would go to waste. It would be convenient to pump right into the bag, but it isn't a hassle to pump into a bottle and dump it into a bag. I have been really happy with this product and recommend it to breastfeeding mothers.

Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags--high quality!

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags:

Lansinoh Breast Milk Storage Bags are high quality and easy to use. I never had any problem with any milk leaking out of the bags or them breaking. In adddtion, they are tall enough that milk does not easily spill out. They have clearly marked measurements on the outside of the bag which makes for easy and convienent use. Overall, they look and feel like high quality. They are also afforadble and last a long time. The only inconvienent part is that you can not pump directly into the bag. But if you are willing to transfer the milk from the bottle to the bag, I doubt there could be any other complaints. Very easy to take to the daycare of babysitter. A product I would buy again and recommend to other nursing mothers most certainly.